Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (430380 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Wales1111: 7:58pm On Dec 26, 2022
Wales1111:
Hello house. Thank you all for the good advice and updates. My fiancee decided to use an immigration lawyer because she felt they would do it better than she will do it. So this last Friday the application was finally submitted to the government by the lawyer. I have being reading it here that the application whole thing can take up to 2 yrs...pls I hope no other things will be needed from me in the course of the application being with them cos I am planning a trip to the UK for april 2023 and I will be there for a while. I wont want to travel and then it said I have to provide something from Nigeria..please that's my question. And pls has anyone had an application process that was not to to two years processing time? Thank you gurus in the house.
pls gurus in the house
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 8:19pm On Dec 26, 2022
Wales1111:
pls gurus in the house
the I-129f is fully base on the petitioner not you … how along r u staying in UK
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 1:59pm On Dec 30, 2022
Wales1111:
Hello house. Thank you all for the good advice and updates. My fiancee decided to use an immigration lawyer because she felt they would do it better than she will do it. So this last Friday the application was finally submitted to the government by the lawyer. I have being reading it here that the application whole thing can take up to 2 yrs...pls I hope no other things will be needed from me in the course of the application being with them cos I am planning a trip to the UK for april 2023 and I will be there for a while. I wont want to travel and then it said I have to provide something from Nigeria..please that's my question. And pls has anyone had an application process that was not to to two years processing time? Thank you gurus in the house.

Congrats on the beginning of your K1 journey
Nobody knows what your lawyer put together in your form I-129 so it is hard to give you details of what USCIS may ask you to provide if it is not provided when you first submit the petition, if you and your fiancé did it yourself you would have knew all what you put together to send and guys here can tell you what to expect.

Just give yourself the two years interval and you may be lucky to have everything done in a little less than two years but I’m not sure.
You don’t have too much things to provide on the filing just make sure all data is filled correctly and if you have been married before do the needful and submit all required documents no mistakes. Your fiancé (OP) has more responsibilities on this.

Make sure you have a valid status in the UK in case you need to change your interview embassy to where you are traveling to. This depends on how long you want to stay in the UK though.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Delay23: 9:13am On Jan 05, 2023
Good morning everyone and happy new year to us all.

Have being following this tread for months now and I want to use this opportunity to thank everyone here for their effort trying to help others in this platform.
God will continue to strengthen us all in every areas of our life's ijn.

Pls, my wife filled I-130Nov 30 2021 for alien relative and was told she can't make any inquiry till January 2nd 2023.
Now she did a mail to them and they sent her the attached image.
Stating she would have to wait for another 30 days.
Pls any information regarding the next step would be highly appreciated pls.

Thank you.

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 12:37pm On Jan 05, 2023
Delay23:

Have being following this tread for months now and I want to use this opportunity to thank everyone here for their effort trying to help others in this platform.

Pls, my wife filled I-130Nov 30 2021 for alien relative and was told she can't make any inquiry till January 2nd 2023.

Thank you.
This thread is for K1(fiancé of USC) not CR1/IR1, so try to search the right thread then ask your questions you def going to receive a good response.
Nevertheless, there’s nothing you can do at this stage than to just wait another 30 days before you know the way forward and most cases they respond before the days they tell you to wait.
Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Mosaic0008: 2:58pm On Jan 05, 2023
Good afternoon everyone,

Please for k1 visa, how many times can I check for interview date per day without been locked out?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 10:55pm On Jan 05, 2023
Mosaic0008:
Good afternoon everyone,

Please for k1 visa, how many times can I check for interview date per day without been locked out?
You can log on to your page and check if there are dates available it will pop up but you can also click continue to search for date but don’t try more than twice to prevent restrictions on your account
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Mosaic0008: 9:15am On Jan 06, 2023
InvestorTeeMan:

You can log on to your page and check if there are dates available it will pop up but you can also click continue to search for date but don’t try more than twice to prevent restrictions on your account
okay thank you
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Janet200: 11:13am On Jan 06, 2023
Dutchleez:
Hey Guys!!
I benefited greatly from this thread during my K1 journey & It is with great joy to inform y’all that my immigration journey came to an end few months ago as I recently became an American citizen.

N400 Application: June 20th 2022
Interview: August 23rd 2022
Oath of ceremony: Sept 9th 2022
Passport application: Sep 9th 2022
Passport received: Nov 2022

Keep your faith high & don’t be discouraged with all the trials. Help is on the way. #TrustGod

Happy Holidays!

I don't believe you, from your post you got your green card in 2021 and became a citizen 2022. I will like to understand how you did it.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 3:23pm On Jan 06, 2023
My work Authorization just got approved today
My application was submitted 9 dec 22
Biometric don 5 January 23
Approved 06 January 23
Just took just 29days
Thank you my lord

9 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 3:28pm On Jan 06, 2023
Delay23:

Thank you.
just wait for the 30 days if u didn’t hear from uscis. Send another inquiry again
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Holami28: 4:36pm On Jan 06, 2023
Airboy333:
Approved 06 January 23
Just took just 29days
Thank you my lord
Oh wow congratulations. Did u expedite and also which state is that?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 4:37pm On Jan 06, 2023
Holami28:

Oh wow congratulations. Did u expedite and also which state is that?
I didn’t expedite Virginia
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 4:44pm On Jan 06, 2023
Airboy333:
Approved 06 January 23
Just took just 29days
Thank you my lord
Wow congratulations bro
So the 4 to 5 months waiting period is reduced Or it depends on the state you’re in ?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 5:02pm On Jan 06, 2023
InvestorTeeMan:

Wow congratulations bro
So the 4 to 5 months waiting period is reduced Or it depends on the state you’re in ?
can’t say everyone case is different same k1 people are still waiting for 5 months + nw
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 5:14pm On Jan 06, 2023
Airboy333:
can’t say everyone case is different same k1 people are still waiting for 5 months + nw
Ok, did you file the I-485, I-131 and I-765 together?
With the same fee for the I-485
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 5:42pm On Jan 06, 2023
InvestorTeeMan:

Ok, did you file the I-485, I-131 and I-765 together?
With the same fee for the I-485
yes I did

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Teiy: 9:21am On Jan 07, 2023
Airboy333:
Approved 06 January 23
Just took just 29days
Thank you my lord

That’s great. Congratulations bro.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 10:59am On Jan 07, 2023
Teiy:

That’s great. Congratulations bro.
thank u
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Dutchleez(m): 12:56pm On Jan 07, 2023
Janet200:

I don't believe you, from your post you got your green card in 2021 and became a citizen 2022. I will like to understand how you did it.

Yes I got my green card June 2021.
Under the Immigration and Nationality Act, Section 328, special provisions apply to those who serve in the U.S. military (active duty, reserves or National Guard) that allow them to file for naturalization based on their current or prior U.S. military service.

I hope that helps.
#Blessings

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Janet200: 4:44pm On Jan 07, 2023
Dutchleez:

Under the Immigration and Nationality Act, Section 328, special provisions apply to those who serve in the U.S. military (active duty, reserves or National Guard) that allow them to file for naturalization based on their current or prior U.S. military service.

I hope that helps.
#Blessings

Thanks for the explanation.Congrats!!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by steeltrust: 6:49pm On Jan 07, 2023
LegitBachelor:
Hi guys,

I am a K1 Visa applicant. I had to create this thread because I couldn't find a thread that's specially dedicated to Fiancee (K1) Visa Application. My motivation for the creation of this thread is the USA Visit Visa Thread which have been really helpful to lots of nairalanders and guests (shout out to LadyGuinivere and Co).

K1 Visa is unique because it has both non-immigrant and immigrant features hence the need to have a dedicated thread where issues can be thrashed out.

My hope is that both successful, delayed and intending K1 Visa applicants will be active on this thread so we can all learn from each other. Also I hope we can get the Visa Officers to offer their professional comments once in a while.

So I'll provide a brief guide on how to proceed with the K1 Visa application. Please correct me in the places where I'm wrong so I can effect the changes.

The first step in the visa application is the filling of a petition using the form I-129F by your US citizen fiancee whom you must have met in person. The filled form is submitted to USCIS at their US address. If the petition is approved, it is sent to the NVC who in turn sends it to the US Embassy here in Lagos.

Once the US Embassy receives your casefile, you can now proceed with the second step which is to fill the DS-160 form and schedule an Interview.

After the interview, you will be issued a K1 Visa if you were successful which allows you entry into the States. You must marry your fiancee within 90 days of entry.

Details of the process involved can be found here:
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

I recommend we all read the info on the link before asking specific questions on this thread.

There also exists an official thread created by a US Embassy Visa Officer for Immigration related questions. You may want to check it out wink.

Oya let the discussions begin smiley

Honorable Mentions
good day guys
My fiancée just messaged me that my k1 application has been terminated

Although I haven’t gone for interview or anything
I want to know is it possible it can be terminated even without going for interview

Please I need some answers
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 6:52pm On Jan 07, 2023
steeltrust:
good day guys

I want to know is it possible it can be terminated even without going for interview

yes na just for the petition to write to NVC or uscis
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by steeltrust: 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2023
Airboy333:
yes na just for the petition to write to NVC or uscis
ok
Thank you
So after then
Will reinstate the process or what will happened next
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Toks2008(m): 7:36pm On Jan 07, 2023
steeltrust:
good day guys

Maybe he/she terminated it by withdrawing his or her interest.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 8:24pm On Jan 07, 2023
steeltrust:
ok
Thank you
So after then
Will reinstate the process or what will happened next
you have to reapply again
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 8:27pm On Jan 07, 2023
Dutchleez:

I hope that helps.
#Blessings
oboi is like I go join dis military here o

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by steeltrust: 9:14pm On Jan 07, 2023
Toks2008:

Maybe he/she terminated it by withdrawing his or her interest.
I don’t think so sha oh

Any way we try again
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 3:55am On Jan 08, 2023
steeltrust:
I don’t think so sha oh

Any way we try again
Every couple has a priority but since you want to start afresh I will encourage you to weigh K1and IR1/CR1, a lot more benefits than K1
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Abiolajohn123: 10:56am On Jan 08, 2023
Hello beautiful people good morning
I came across this page and I’ve seen a lot of informations which are helpful
My name is Biola, my girlfriend will be coming here any time soon but I have this question I want to ask
She has a good job (parole officer) and stays by herself, but due to flight and other bills here tho I’m trying to help her but due to things rn I couldn’t and she understands and told me she’ll handle things herself, she estimated all she’d need and she realized the figure is kinda much and she doesn’t wanna let that stop her so she decided she’d move to her parents next month so as to save a lot of momey for the trip and file the petition there
Now my question is she’s not going to use a co sponsor cos she has a good job she’s just staying there to save money and later move out by ending of this year
I want to ask hope that’s not a problem for us during the petition or will that be like an hold up pending the time she’s at her parents
Cos she just wanna save a lil and by ending of this year she’ll get a new place or a house
Thanks for your response
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 1:37pm On Jan 08, 2023
Abiolajohn123:
Hello beautiful people good morning
I came across this page and I’ve seen a lot of informations which are helpful
My name is Biola, my girlfriend will be coming here any time soon but I have this question I want to ask
She has a good job (parole officer) and stays by herself, but due to flight and other bills here tho I’m trying to help her but due to things rn I couldn’t and she understands and told me she’ll handle things herself, she estimated all she’d need and she realized the figure is kinda much and she doesn’t wanna let that stop her so she decided she’d move to her parents next month so as to save a lot of momey for the trip and file the petition there
Now my question is she’s not going to use a co sponsor cos she has a good job she’s just staying there to save money and later move out by ending of this year
I want to ask hope that’s not a problem for us during the petition or will that be like an hold up pending the time she’s at her parents
Cos she just wanna save a lil and by ending of this year she’ll get a new place or a house
Thanks for your response
That is not a problem at all, you will use her parents address on the petition and when she move out to her place you will have to reach out to uscis for change of address.
I know coming here is a-lot of financial commitment but if you guys have enough for flight and her comfort while she’s here then get it all started early, new fee rule is being proposed if it comes into effect you will be paying almost double on all fees from filing to AOS and all.
Don’t let expectation of saving a-lot of money delay things, don’t do expensive things here coz y’all still have a-lot in your plate.
Good luck.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Abiolajohn123: 1:59pm On Jan 08, 2023
InvestorTeeMan:

That is not a problem at all, you will use her parents address on the petition and when she move out to her place you will have to reach out to uscis for change of address.
I know coming here is a-lot of financial commitment but if you guys have enough for flight and her comfort while she’s here then get it all started early, new fee rule is being proposed if it comes into effect you will be paying almost double on all fees from filing to AOS and all.
Don’t let expectation of saving a-lot of money delay things, don’t do expensive things here coz y’all still have a-lot in your plate.
Good luck.

Thanks alot boss
And I’ll tell her, lastly pls
How can we get a visa here and how much does it cost and is it necessary for her to get the yellow fever card cos I heard it’s expensive too there
One of her friend that did her visa thing recently paid 500$ for it but I saw an agent online here that charges 175thousand naira but I don’t seems to believe him, so I’m looking for someone legit

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (260) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.