Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs (26393 Views)

The 3-in-1 Flyover In Kano State Is Completed And Getting Ready For Commission / Plane Couldn't Land At Benin Airport Due To Power Outage, Passengers Flown Back / New Terminal Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport Commissioned By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by Mhiztamurtala(m): 5:32pm On Oct 22, 2018
myettiallah:

Sarrki is dat you grin
No his brother. grin
Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by pafra(m): 5:33pm On Oct 22, 2018
Teewhy2:
can we know how much was used to complete the project against project like this are carried out in other countries, I think when a project is completed it should also be verified if what was spend goes along with quantum of job carried out.

The job have been done. You are asking for how much.
Is it not better than looting the fund. Just appreciate them for a job well done

4 Likes

Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by jadams: 5:33pm On Oct 22, 2018
emmie14:

PDP started and paid off the project. Buhari cannot award such project unless in the north.

pained soul .
pele
ndo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by sambrow(m): 5:34pm On Oct 22, 2018
Project that was initiated and paid for during GEJ. Has bubu ever flag off any visible project?
Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by rusher14: 5:34pm On Oct 22, 2018
1759King:

You mean last minute impressions for re-election campaign?

Na this morning den do the foundation.

I follow do the kpon kpon.

2 Likes

Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by oloworulz(m): 5:34pm On Oct 22, 2018
Teewhy2:
can we know how much was used to complete the project against project like this are carried out in other countries, I think when a project is completed it should also be verified if what was spend goes along with quantum of job carried out.
ode nie. Y don't u confirm if u were born through punanii or anus. Ode

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by 1759King: 5:35pm On Oct 22, 2018
rusher14:

Na this morning den do the foundation.

I follow do the kpon kpon.
You agree it wasn't started today. Thanks
Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by LAFOCUZY: 5:38pm On Oct 22, 2018
beegodson:
This is what PDP could not do in 16 wasted years.. I applaud the hard work this government has put in as to the growth and development of the Nation.
kudos to the PMB administration
God bless PMB
God bless Nigeria

Project was started by Stella Odua and completed by Amaechi. But the local wing is still a big mess. Hopes they fix that also. Work is quite slow after nearly 3 years of neglect. Election help somethings get done

1 Like

Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by blytons(m): 5:38pm On Oct 22, 2018
The project was funded by the Chinese government at the cost of $500 with counterpart fund of $100 million paid by the federal government.

The money, which was obtained in 2012 from the Chinese Exim Bank led to the commencement of construction at the terminals in 2013. Five years down the line, work is yet to be completed in the terminals in 2018; although almost all of them are at advanced stages of completion.

This is GEJ Project which was near completion before PMB got into power. Check the records. It includes Kano, Abuja and also Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by Naajjii: 5:39pm On Oct 22, 2018
Teewhy2:
At least this project is completed unlike projects that were fully paid for on paper without any work done during PDP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by rusher14: 5:39pm On Oct 22, 2018
1759King:

You agree it wasn't started today. Thanks

No.

We started the project this morning because of the forthcoming elections.

1 Like

Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by jazzy16(m): 5:40pm On Oct 22, 2018
Nice job done. The terminal was to be ready by August but the chinese needed to put some finishing touches to the terminal. Mind you its for only International operations only for now ( Lufthansa, Airfrance and Cronos).

Old project though not new. FG has no funds in the project. Funds is from Exim bank of china abt $100mill. Same is beign done in Abuja, Lagos airports. The chinese would run the airport for some years then hand over to FG
Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by rusher14: 5:40pm On Oct 22, 2018
blytons:
The project was funded by the Chinese government at the cost of $500 with counterpart fund of $100 million paid by the federal government.

The money, which was obtained in 2012 from the Chinese Exim Bank led to the commencement of construction at the terminals in 2013. Five years down the line, work is yet to be completed in the terminals in 2018; although almost all of them are at advanced stages of completion.

This is GEJ Project which was near completion before PMB got into power. Check the records. It includes Kano, Abuja and also Lagos.

Source.
Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by samfuntua: 5:40pm On Oct 22, 2018
Who do this to you. that you don't have single truth in you again!!!!!!!
The PHC international airport we know. i mean the the one we travel through frequently is exactly the way it was left by last administration.
if i lie pls post the worker (Laborers) working there or is the airport building itself?

yns4real:
The President and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, His Excellency, @MBuhari will on Thursday, October 25,2018, commission the New International Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport which was built by the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FAAN_Official/status/1054358077070340096
Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by Ogaga87(m): 5:41pm On Oct 22, 2018
beegodson:
This is what PDP could not do in 16 wasted years.. I applaud the hard work this government has put in as to the growth and development of the Nation.
God bless PMB
God bless Nigeria

But when they were listing there projects, they didn't mention this one na.. Abi is this what they call farm in the North now..
You are here to applaud somebody who inherited and got it completed.. I don't know how you think government works but I don't want to believe you have a midget thinking O.... We deserved more than this..

1 Like

Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by mechanics(m): 5:42pm On Oct 22, 2018
wow, interesting.

1 Like

Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by servercodes001: 5:43pm On Oct 22, 2018
emmie14:

PDP started and paid off the project. Buhari cannot award such project unless in the north.
Mention 10 projects he awarded in the north, I'll mention 40 awarded in non northern states

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by Yankee101: 5:44pm On Oct 22, 2018
beegodson:
God bless PMB
God bless Nigeria

Google is still free.
Buhari is yet to START & COMPLETE any major project in Nigeria. All these are Stella Odua's brain child

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.naija.ng/amp/46969-7845.html

Abuja – The Federal Government has approved N106 billion for the construction of 11 new international airport terminal buildings, Aviation Minister Stella Oduah announced on Thursday.

Oduah told a news conference in Abuja that the amount was approved at the Federal Executive Council meeting on Wednesday.

She said the new international terminal projects were different from the ongoing remodeling and reconstruction of 11 airports in the country.

She said the 11 new projects would include five international terminals for commercial flights and six for perishable cargoes.

Odual also said that the FEC had given approval for the award of contracts for the “immediate take off of construction work on the five terminals for international flights.

They are Lagos, Kano, Abuja, Port Harcourt and Enugu.

The six perishable cargo terminals will be in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Enugu, Kano and Asaba.

Oduah said that the projects were part of the government’s road map to achieve its transformation agenda in the aviation sector.

“The second phase in our implementation strategy of the Road Map which falls under the medium term programme of action is the construction of five new international terminals in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano and Enugu.

1 Like

Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by michoim(m): 5:53pm On Oct 22, 2018
beegodson:
God bless PMB
God bless Nigeria
Useless PDP indeed

1 Like

Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by Bolognese: 5:53pm On Oct 22, 2018

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 22, 2018
Thisis2raw:
Wait is the same terminal that I passed close to when returning back to pH on Saturday??
This is exactly what pissses me off with this govt.
That terminal isn't as beautiful as this, that picture is so edited (No hating, am just saying what I saw)
think carefully, maybe it was bus a park you passed through

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by murphybo(m): 5:57pm On Oct 22, 2018
Thisis2raw:
Wait is the same terminal that I passed close to when returning back to pH on Saturday??
This is exactly what pissses me off with this govt.
That terminal isn't as beautiful as this, that picture is so edited (No hating, am just saying what I saw)
Since you can't be sure of what you see and you are asking us that did not go with you then I can believe that its what they did they posted...by the time you are sure you can criticize then we see reason to join you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by niceoneboy: 5:59pm On Oct 22, 2018
Sai sai Baba....... The only time I will not vote for you will be 2023 but for 2019 you have my vote and that of my family.

Some funny Nigerians want miracle that PDP could not provide in 16 years from you.. PDP neglected our infrastructure for 16 not minding the consistent growth in our population but prefer to still steal our money, they keep telling us all species of lies on how they will reform economy, Stupid ! how do you want to improve standard/quality of living of your citizen without investing in infrastructure.

I'm a realist and too inform to vote infavour of that YeYe party.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by GSA01: 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2018
Yankee101:

Google is still free.
Buhari is yet to START & COMPLETE any major project in Nigeria. All these are Stella Odua's brain child

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.naija.ng/amp/46969-7845.html

Abuja – The Federal Government has approved N106 billion for the construction of 11 new international airport terminal buildings, Aviation Minister Stella Oduah announced on Thursday.

Oduah told a news conference in Abuja that the amount was approved at the Federal Executive Council meeting on Wednesday.

She said the new international terminal projects were different from the ongoing remodeling and reconstruction of 11 airports in the country.

She said the 11 new projects would include five international terminals for commercial flights and six for perishable cargoes.

Odual also said that the FEC had given approval for the award of contracts for the “immediate take off of construction work on the five terminals for international flights.

They are Lagos, Kano, Abuja, Port Harcourt and Enugu.

The six perishable cargo terminals will be in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Enugu, Kano and Asaba.

Oduah said that the projects were part of the government’s road map to achieve its transformation agenda in the aviation sector.

“The second phase in our implementation strategy of the Road Map which falls under the medium term programme of action is the construction of five new international terminals in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano and Enugu.

so Buhari should not complete it because it's Stella Oduah abandoned project abi.. government is supposed to be continuous..there is over 400 abandoned projects in Nigeria and over 70% of funds have been allocated to such projects .and all you care about is the project Buhari started, When GEJ with oil windfall could not start and finish projects(road and rail) in 5years

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by emperorblog(m): 6:05pm On Oct 22, 2018
they should post all d picture of d airport and stop posting trash
Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by Jamestown123: 6:06pm On Oct 22, 2018
beegodson:
God bless PMB
God bless Nigeria
And this is why the country will forever remain a shithole.we failed to understand that this are the basic things they are supposed to do with our money.All of them are Ole both present and past government.
Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 22, 2018
Failed LIFELESS celebrating PDP projects...

they should show us the outside looks of the SAID reconstructed terminal... worse than Lagos bus stop.
Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by rusher14: 6:24pm On Oct 22, 2018
thunderfirebuha:
Failed LIFELESS celebrating PDP projects...

they should show us the outside looks of the SAID reconstructed terminal... worse than Lagos bus stop.

Shut up.

http://www.faan.gov.ng/port-harcourt-international-airport/

1 Like

Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by emmasege: 6:24pm On Oct 22, 2018
beegodson:
God bless PMB
God bless Nigeria
If you were really well informed and not a waste of education, you'd have known that this is one of the achievements of GEJ. He awarded the contract, kick-started the project and would have since completed and commissioned this project had he won the second time.

For your info, Kano's international airport also falls into this category. An aviation friend (Northerner) even told me the international terminals as well as the renovation of the old ones are the brain work of GEJ. According to him, "Buhari has added no value to the terminal buildings".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs by rusher14: 6:25pm On Oct 22, 2018
emperorblog:
they should post all d picture of d airport and stop posting trash

Shut up.

http://www.faan.gov.ng/port-harcourt-international-airport/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Hypocrisy Of Anti Japa People On Nairaland. / FG Introduces Temporary Passports For Nigerians Abroad / Bauchi State: A Land Of Tourism And An Amazing Serene - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.