Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

"Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says (13978 Views)

N45m Form: INEC Should Penalize Buhari For Violating Electoral Act - PDP Says / 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC / APC Convention, A Quit Notice To Fayose & PDP - Says Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by Carlyscales: 6:41am On Oct 24, 2018
Mynd44:
As much as I don't believe Senaor Ekweremadu intends to decamp, I think for the sake of clarity, this sort of feedback should come from the senator himself else the PDP just sound like they are trying to convince themselves
Spot on!!
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by Godjone(m): 6:41am On Oct 24, 2018
bmc in pains afain

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 24, 2018
thunder74:
If he defects to APC, will he still contest as PDP's candidate against APC candidate already submitted to INEC? It will be suicidal to do that now.
his name will be replace with the name of the person that came second in pdp primary and he will be left empty-handed
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by seunlayi(m): 6:43am On Oct 24, 2018
Nothing than money
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by kareemkamil(m): 6:43am On Oct 24, 2018
PDP has lost this one again, Sai Baba till 2023. IPOB should go and jump to the Lagoon.

1 Like

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by Carlyscales: 6:44am On Oct 24, 2018
kahal29:
Ekweremadu should speak for himself and not the party. This was how PDP dismissed Akpabio's own till it materialized. This news has been trending since last week yet no word from Ekweremadu. Something is fishy!!
There's unconfirmed reports that APC was considering him for VP slot incase PDP goes south west. But as it stands now we don't know what he's been enticed with.
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by BRASH: 6:44am On Oct 24, 2018
I'll wait until i hear 4rm his media team
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by hazardneymar: 6:46am On Oct 24, 2018
Mynd44:
As much as I don't believe Senaor Ekweremadu intends to decamp, I think for the sake of clarity, this sort of feedback should come from the senator himself else the PDP just sound like they are trying to convince themselves
you speak my mind
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by PHILipu1(m): 6:48am On Oct 24, 2018
Mklanceee:

his name will be replace with the name of the person that came second in pdp primary and he will be left empty-handed
Lol.
And the person holding APC ticket in that senatorial zone will be promise a ministerial appointment or any federal appointment and his name will be substituted for Ekweremadu.

1 Like

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by ckenneths(m): 6:50am On Oct 24, 2018
*I'M STILL IN PDP* -Sen. Ekweremadu

I am presently out of the country on a prescheduled engagement.

In the past 24 hours, I have been inundated with calls from friends and political associates seeking clarification on the rumours of my departure from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), which has dominated the media.

Let it be known that my path in politics is in the hands of the Almighty God, who has indeed been very faithful and gracious to me. I’m very grateful to God for this.

My vision in politics is a system that works for everybody, a social and political environment where everybody, every section, and every tribe not only counts, but is also seen to count. As leaders, we must be mindful of this, for any system built on anything less will not endure.

I am grateful to you - members of my family, my friends, political associates, and admirers across Nigeria and beyond - for your uncommon concern. I am indeed humbled by your kind words of solidarity and support.

Please, rest assured that I am still in the PDP.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2182588778729449&id=1942495306072132
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by ckenneths(m): 6:51am On Oct 24, 2018
Mynd44:

He already sent out a message

In the past 24 hours, I have been inundated with calls from friends and political associates seeking clarification on the rumours of my departure from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), which has dominated the media.

Let it be known that my path in politics is in the hands of the Almighty God, who has indeed been very faithful and gracious to me. I’m very grateful to God for this.

My vision in politics is a system that works for everybody, a social and political environment where everybody, every section, and every tribe not only counts, but is also seen to count. As leaders, we must be mindful of this, for any system built on anything less will not endure.

I am grateful to you - members of my family, my friends, political associates, and admirers across Nigeria and beyond - for your uncommon concern. I am indeed humbled by your kind words of solidarity and support.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2182588778729449&id=1942495306072132
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 24, 2018
PHILipu1:

Lol.
And the person holding APC ticket in that senatorial zone will be promise a ministerial appointment or any federal appointment and his name will be substituted for Ekweremadu.
and you think he will accept with the way apc treated shehu sani after promise of automatic ticket? the guy will just tell ekweremadu to defect and wait for the ministerial slot.
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by Softdaddy12: 7:01am On Oct 24, 2018
Hmmm,na so we dy hear,soon him go defect
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by tallerSSS: 7:02am On Oct 24, 2018
Nogodye:
What attract Akpabio may attract him as well; The fear of EFCC!
what is fayose still waiting for.. I don't believe you can be this dumb
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by AdonaiAluminium: 7:14am On Oct 24, 2018
That is true But if he think otherwise, let him try his luck

Contact us for all Your roofing Jobs, water collector systems,insulated roofing sheets and panels, roof maintenance services etc
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by abc115: 7:15am On Oct 24, 2018
Allow him to talk for himself, PDP speaking for him connotes desperation

1 Like

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by odomanis: 7:16am On Oct 24, 2018
pode:
Let's watch how this movie is going to end, one good thing about APC when they need any member from PDP they will use EFCC to collect the person

They have tried it severally on Ekweremadu and it didn't work. Not everybody is a coward.
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by abc115: 7:18am On Oct 24, 2018
ckenneths:

He already sent out a message

I am still in PDP is different from I am a loyal PDP member that will work for the success of the party

The main message is this:

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 7:24am On Oct 24, 2018
Mynd44:

Defecting to APC is political suicide for Ekweremadu
first Enugu APC cannot I repeat cannot win even one local govt let alone a senatorial district.
Secondly, Ekweremadu's name has been submitted already as a senatorial candidate under PDP.Do you think he will risk that ambition and defect to APC with no elected position
Thirdly, Shehu Sani's experience is a case study of how APC handles any member who is not part of ACN,CPC and ANPP cabal.No senator can risk that. I bet you Akpabio is in hot soup as I speak, watch out as events unfold.
Finally, defecting to APC does not guarantee him the SP position, so what's the big deal
Corollary,
The only reason why he will defect is if he weighs the risk of going to jail depending on the status of his corruption probe and decides to sacrifice his political life just like Akpabio did(yes,he's politically dead!!)
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by PHILipu1(m): 7:28am On Oct 24, 2018
Mklanceee:

and you think he will accept with the way apc treated shehu sani after promise of automatic ticket? the guy will just tell ekweremadu to defect and wait for the ministerial slot.
It depends on your level of bargain,Shehu Sank was foolish to believe that his governor will ever forgive home for blocking the state loan in the senate.

So,it is different scenario
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by wink2015(m): 7:31am On Oct 24, 2018
The national leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party has debunked the rumour making the rounds that the Deputy President of the Senate, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, is planning to leave the party.

Rather, it said there was nothing in the ruling party, the All Progressives Congress, that could attract Ekweremadu into its fold.

Instead of losing members, the PDP said aggrieved members of the APC would defect to the former ruling party soon.

There had been unconfirmed reports that Ekweremadu was planning to defect from the PDP to the APC for allegedly losing the Vice-Presidential ticket of the party to a former Governor of Anambra State, Mr Peter Obi.

Ekweremadu was believed to have positioned himself for the slot, but was said to have been disappointed when the PDP Presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, announced Obi as his running mate for the 2019 presidential election.

As part of the strategy to clinch the VP position, Ekweremadu was also believed to have rallied round delegates from the South-East to vote for Atiku at the party’s national convention held in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, about two weeks ago.

To show his disaffection, Ekweremadu, whose name had already been submitted by the PDP to the Independent National Electoral Commission as a senatorial candidate from Enugu State, was said to be considering leaving the PDP for the APC.

However, the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Mr Kola Ologbondiyan, debunked the rumours, saying Ekweremadu “will never leave the PDP.”

Ologbondiyan said, “Why would someone like the DSP (Deputy Senate President ) consider joining the APC?

“This is a party that the highest court in the land just described as being stupid. Who will leave a rebranded party like the PDP and join such a party that has been described in such a derogatory word?

“Forget the rumour. Dr Ekweremadu is with us and will never join a party like APC that is enmeshed in eternal crisis.”

Asked if the party had met with Ekweremadu to determine if he was actually planning to leave or not, Ologbondiyan said that the “party has a way of holding meetings with its officials and others”, adding that “such meetings are not held on the pages of newspapers.”

https://punchng.com/nothing-in-apc-to-attract-ekweremadu-says-pdp/amp/

I like Senator Ekweremadu views about restructuring especially regionalism.

I think if Nigeria is restructured following this Senators expose the country will find bearing and every part of the country will have some sigh of relief.

Our politicians muddled everything up in Nigeria and get all of us tied on one MILITARISED FEDERALISM that is doing us no good.

I wish Senator Ekweremadu a soft landing to enable us benefit from his political contribution to Nigeria 's growth.

Senator Ekweremadu and Senator Bukola Saraki was a pain in the ass of President Buhari.

1 Like

Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by Topmaike007(m): 7:32am On Oct 24, 2018
so wetin dey pepper them like this
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by Timatayo1: 7:35am On Oct 24, 2018
Politics dirty game Apc Una eyes don clear
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by Ogaga87(m): 7:54am On Oct 24, 2018
Zansu007:
Lols..why are apc trying to penetrate the south east at all cost. Meanwhile there supreme dump leader goof while referring to the zone as 5%.

Seriously buhari is not smart.i guess some of you watch the recent video, the dumb cow was ask a different questions and was busying with confidence answering nonsense.

A collective tasks on my mind.

EOD#

I watched that video.. The president scored. -100.. The herdsman could not understand INCLUSIVE.. I could imagine what Trump faced.. No wonder he was branded LIFELESS
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by nikz(f): 8:10am On Oct 24, 2018
His sins will be cleansed in APC. Lol
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by senatordave1(m): 8:44am On Oct 24, 2018
tuniski:
The apc ranters won't like this. It is curious why any cocky apc/buhari's fan will suddenly be interested in PDP 'ipob/corrupt' politicians as they claim.
Anyway, #Atikunation tsunami is beginning of their panic!

#BuhariToDaura2019 irreversible.
This again shows how pained,senseless and unreasonabe you are.you clearly know nothing and all and sundry.so your thinking faculty cant discern that its not in the place of pdp to refute the rumours but the senator himself? Your as desperate as your party
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by CapussoSeba: 8:53am On Oct 24, 2018
smiley
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by mechanics(m): 8:59am On Oct 24, 2018
Okay, let's keep watching.
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by tuniski: 9:09am On Oct 24, 2018
senatordave1:

This again shows how pained,senseless and unreasonabe you are.you clearly know nothing and all and sundry.so your thinking faculty cant discern that its not in the place of pdp to refute the rumours but the senator himself? Your as desperate as your party

You see yourself? The pain you are feeling will only get worse till you are Cured Of buharideenism!
Are you still in doubt with the tsunami hitting camp buhari/apc.
Oya come and kidnap ekweremadu !
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by senatordave1(m): 9:42am On Oct 24, 2018
tuniski:

You see yourself? The pain you are feeling will only get worse till you are Cured Of buharideenism!
Are you still in doubt with the tsunami hitting camp buhari/apc.
Oya come and kidnap ekweremadu !
You this blockheaded boy,shout down aikuloot
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by SternProphet: 9:46am On Oct 24, 2018
There is nothing in APC to attract Ekweremadu. Nothing to eat. Why would he bother?.
Re: "Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says by Timfreds(m): 10:09am On Oct 24, 2018
Ekweremadu is one person in nigeria politics I truly love and respect. PDP should do every thing to keep him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor / Amina Mohammed Visits Osinbajo With UN Delegation, Presents Gift To Him(pics) / Killings Need To Be Handled Carefully To Avoid Civil War - Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.