Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,861 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola (56469 Views)

2023: Fashola, Al-Akura, Ogbe Head Directorates In Tinubu/Shettima ICC / Buhari Used Tinubu To Win 2015 ,now Buhari Will Use GEJ To Return Power . / Osinbajo: Buhari Will Hand Over To South-West In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by Butterflyleo: 6:21pm On Oct 25, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

Leo just entered the fray. Welcome brother.

#istandwithbuharitill2023

My brother I have been busy all day making money grin

Just got home to rest after making supplies since morning and instead of me to rest, na nairaland I see myself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by Lot13(m): 6:23pm On Oct 25, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

exactly what I am seeing.The yorubas should note that they will never make it to the presidencyyy unless the entire south works together.If we continue the way we are going No southerner will ever smell the presidency again.At least in our generation.

It will be quite stupid for anyone to ever think that Osinbanjo/Tinubu will defeat any of Kwankwaso/Tambuwal/Atiku if a presidebtial contest was to hold between them in 2023.
Don't forget Abiola defeated Tofa to win the most credible election in the history of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by Rstc: 6:23pm On Oct 25, 2018
I am waiting to see who will vote for a Yoruba candidate in the south.

Unless they are going to depend on the north, because a Yoruba candidate will lose so heavily in the south, you would think he is a northern fundamentalist. grin

Anyway, fashola is just like the rest of them.

If awplowo could introduce tribalism into Nigeria, no Yoruba man regardless of how educated should be thought above it.

Let them come and rule let us see.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by Dinho20(m): 6:24pm On Oct 25, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

No man can curse ooo jareee.

They hate us so much while we accomodate them in our land. What a people. We shall continue with the struggle by voting Buhari/Osinbajo massively next year.

Igbos can resume the biafra struggle (which is born out of pride and hate) when Atiku is roundly defeated. I like Atiku as a person but he's rolling with the wrong tribe. They are too rude and arrogant.

I BET YOU, TINUBU CAN NEVER EVER BECOME THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA AS LONG AS SOUTH EAST AND SOUTH SOUTH EXIST

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by BabaO2: 6:25pm On Oct 25, 2018
Dinho20:
BECAUSE HE CONTESTED WITH SOMEONE FROM SOUTH SOUTH, HAD HE CONTESTED WITH A YORUBA CANDIDATE AND SOUTH EAST/SOUTH SOUTH VOTE AGAINST HIM, SORRY WOULD BE HIS CASE
I don't understand your point, yes he contested with a Yoruba man against a SS man and SS/SE voted against him enbloc. He still won comfortably

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by Rstc: 6:25pm On Oct 25, 2018
Lot13:
Don't forget Abiola defeated Tofa to win the most credible election in the history of Nigeria.
Abiola was not running on a divided Nigeria.

Or on a ticket of foolishness and injustice.
Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by PointB: 6:25pm On Oct 25, 2018
obonujoker:
Lol.... even educated Fashola has gone tribal after seeing there's nothing to appraise Buhari for... lol... talk of a failure.. .... grin

Lol,

Yeah he's gone native. When all argument is lost, go primordial!
Well done Fashola, you just unveil your mask.

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:25pm On Oct 25, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

What has his comment got to do with igbos?

He was speaking to his yoruba base in Ibadan.

Igbos are just apprehensive about 2023 for no reason. The office of President is open for all southern tribes in 2023 and we would not succumb to any igbo blackmail.

Who said it has anything to do specifically with Igbos. The point is that in an administration with a record for divisiveness, it is wise to be guarded in your utterances when you're a cabinet member. I don't give a shiit about where you stand and quit rambling about "blackmail". I'm referring to the optics of playing tribal politics as a prominent executive member. There are a million and one Yorubas who could play tribal politics and I wouldn't give a damn. Fashola is not in a position where it is a responsible course of action to do so.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by TheKingIsHere: 6:25pm On Oct 25, 2018
joyfullyjoyous:
Wish Fashola becomes president come 2023.

Fashola can't be President and no Yoruba can be president in 2023. Trust these people at your own peril.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

My brother I have been busy all day making money grin

Just got home to rest after making supplies since morning and instead of me to rest, na nairaland I see myself

Baba na so jaree. The igbos have been threatening us about 2023 since morning. I am daring them to do their worst. Yorubas will vie for Presidency in 2023. The igbos cannot stop us.

4 Likes

Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by mabea: 6:26pm On Oct 25, 2018
joyfullyjoyous:
Wish Fashola becomes president come 2023.
Keep on wishing but a tribalist cannot rule us again. We've learnt our lessons.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 25, 2018
Rstc:

Unless they are going to depend on the north, because a Yoruba candidate will lose so heavily in the south, you would think he is a northern fundamentalist. grin

If awplowo could introduce tribalism into Nigeria, no Yoruba man regardless of how educated should be thought above it.

And rule over you we shall in 2023. At worst, you will resort to Biafra agitations and ethnic grandstanding. You are very ignorant about this country.

3 Likes

Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by Shehunoshewhat: 6:27pm On Oct 25, 2018
IamAtikulate:

I don't care. SW would never produce President in 2023.

We may even have it before then, God willing.
There is nothing you all can do about it.
Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by Butterflyleo: 6:28pm On Oct 25, 2018
Rstc:

Its simple politics. The north gave us a vice. We will give them a vice come 2023 and maybe give you igbos SGF position since that's what Atiiku and Obi were planning for the SW under their regime (even though they have failed already).

The north will support us and the other regions can keep their votes.

Osinbajo has proven the loyalty of the SW in government and this gesture will be appreciated as they will reciprocate come 2023.

The SW has been playing aggressive participatory politics for a long time unlike the SE with their entitlement mentality who want everything given to them on a platter of gold.

Play well and get the just rewards is what politics is all about

7 Likes

Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 25, 2018
baby124:

Her mother is Urhobo. Ok o. But her father is what? You made it sound like she’s an Urhobo woman totally. By the way, what concerns Fashola with Urhobos in this situation. Are they running for presidency? Why are you pissed off though? Peter Obi has played the same game with Fashola. Fashola is just returning the favour.

I just don't like politicians who pretend like they are honourable statesmen when they're really dye-in-the-wool bigotry. You would think Fashola, having governed a cosmopolitan state like Lagos and having a wife with non-Yoruba blood would be a little more broadminded, but no, he's always squeezing his face with inflated nostrils -- posture of an arrogant man who thinks too much of himself.

Nepotistic SW political analysts hero-worship him and label him technocrat when in fact, he simply had the good fortune of the highest IGR in Lagos. Peter Obi may be many things to different people, but you can hardly classify him as a close-minded regional-dominance-thinking politician like Fashola. Unlike Obi's comment, Fashola's outburst is more a betrayal of his nepotistic instincts he occasionally struggles to hide. It's a bad time to sing SW presidency when other parts of Nigeria are crying of marginalisation. Fashola is not a wise person. He's an arrogant man. I don't like him.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by Dinho20(m): 6:29pm On Oct 25, 2018
BabaO2:
I don't understand your point, yes he contested with a Yoruba man against a SS man and SS/SE voted against him enbloc. He still won comfortably
BUHARI CONTESTED AGAINST GOODLUCK JONATHAN FROM SOUTH SOUTH AND HE MANAGE TO WIN WITH ONLY TWO MILLION VOTE.
FEAR SOUTH EAST, THEY ARE SCATTERED EVERY IN THE COUNTRY. SOUTH EAST IS LIKE MTN EVERYWHERE YOU GO YOU MUST SEE THEM

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by Shehunoshewhat: 6:30pm On Oct 25, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Fashola can't be President and no Yoruba can be president in 2023. Trust these people at your own peril.

Then who will be president An Igbo
Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by Rstc: 6:30pm On Oct 25, 2018
The pdp should even start praying for a Yoruba candidate to run in 2023.
It would make regaining aso rock easier.

Just run with a credible SS/SE and a popular northern vice, and with the sai buhari madness out of the way, the election would be too pure.

APC would self implode by itself.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by sogodihno: 6:30pm On Oct 25, 2018
ademijuwonlo:
I think the power should rotate to Eastern Nigeria! They(Igbos) deserve to feel wanted in this country and not to be treated like a second class citizen in their country. Sidelining them would only increase their agitation for Biafra.

I pray for undivided Nigeria daily!

Nobody give any tribe power, u work for it. Igbos are playing wrong politics.

1 Like

Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by Butterflyleo: 6:30pm On Oct 25, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

Baba na so jaree. The igbos have been threatening us about 2023 since morning. I am daring them to do their worst. Yorubas will vie for Presidency in 2023. The igbos cannot stop us.

E be like say these SE people no well. Do they think we came to play? We have given our all for this Nigeria while those in the SE were busy demanding for break up.

They want presidency abi? Never going to happen

4 Likes

Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 25, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Who said it has anything to do specifically with Igbos. The point is that in an administration with a record for divisiveness, it is wise to be guarded in your utterances when you're a cabinet member. I don't give a shiit about where you stand and quit rambling about "blackmail". I'm referring to the optics of playing tribal politics as a prominent executive member. There are a million and one Yorubas who could play tribal politics and I wouldn't give a damn. Fashola is not in a position where it is a responsible course of action to do so.

What will your rebuke of Fashola and his comments in Ibadan do to the man? You igbos did worst than this during the deportation saga and the man rose to become a super minister in Buhari's government.

God willing, he might be your President in 2023 so quit sermonizing about what you expect him to say as a federal minister because your views don't matter in the grand scheme of things.

3 Likes

Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by BabaO2: 6:31pm On Oct 25, 2018
Dinho20:
BUHARI CONTESTED AGAINST GOODLUCK JONATHAN FROM SOUTH SOUTH AND HE MANAGE TO WIN WITH ONLY TWO MILLION VOTE.
FEAR SOUTH EAST, THEY ARE SCATTERED EVERY IN THE COUNTRY. SOUTH EAST IS LIKE MTN EVERYWHERE YOU GO YOU MUST SEE THEM
they don't add up, their votes can't effect anything
Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by Charmingpet: 6:31pm On Oct 25, 2018
Oga u re wicked, so to bring power to afonja in 2023 we should continue with suffering. God, na ur hand we dey o
Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by wideawaken01: 6:31pm On Oct 25, 2018
This stupid SAN talks like a child always . You think you can fool people?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

E be like say these SE people no well. Do they think we came to play? We have given our all for this Nigeria while those in the SE were busy demanding for break up.

They want presidency abi? Never going to happen

Don't mind them. They feel they can be rude to the rest of the country and use the biafra agitations to whip the rest of the country into line. Dem neva chi chum tin.

We shall school them on how to be decorous and build concensus.

2 Likes

Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by Dinho20(m): 6:33pm On Oct 25, 2018
BabaO2:
they don't add up, their votes can't effect anything
I HOPE YOU SAW WHAT HAPPENED IN OSUN GENERAL ELECTION. FEAR SOUTHEAST
Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by annnikky(f): 6:37pm On Oct 25, 2018
chilisauce:

Nairaland doesn't forget tongue
HHmmmmm... Ok oo tongue
Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by Rstc: 6:39pm On Oct 25, 2018
Shehunoshewhat:

Then who will be president An Igbo
Yes. Because it is long overdue.

That is the the only ticket that is capable of uniting the south without any cries of unfair practices.

Any other presidential southern ticket should get ready to lose to the other side because the force of tribalism and negative karma that will emerge would be so great, failure is inevitable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by sogodihno: 6:39pm On Oct 25, 2018
lielbree:

I don't think Yoruba are the odd ones but I know I can never vote for A Yoruba man!
Never! Not after what they did to Goodluck.

your vote is inconsequential, it was not needed in 2015, it won't be needed in 2015 and 2019.

1 Like

Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by sogodihno: 6:40pm On Oct 25, 2018
lielbree:

I don't think Yoruba are the odd ones but I know I can never vote for A Yoruba man!
Never! Not after what they did to Goodluck.

your vote is inconsequential, it was not needed in 2015, it won't be needed in 2019 and 2023.
Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:41pm On Oct 25, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

What will your rebuke of Fashola and his comments in Ibadan do to the man? You igbos did worst than this during the deportation saga and the man rose to become a super minister in Buhari's government.

God willing, he might be your President in 2023 so quit sermonizing about what you expect him to say as a federal minister because your views don't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Nobody's views on Nairaland matters in the "grand scheme of things". We're all here to simply share our useless opinions on an anonymous platform. That must have made sense to you, but it's a pointless comment and irrelevant to my critique of Fashola's actions.

3 Likes

Re: Vote For Buhari To Return Power To South-west In 2023 – Fashola by raumdeuter: 6:41pm On Oct 25, 2018
IamAtikulate:

I don't care. SW would never produce President in 2023.

When we get to 2023 we will cross that bridge for now its Sai Buhari 2019

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See / Among The Three, Who Would You Allow To Carry You? (Photo) / Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.