Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi (42442 Views)

Man Who Visited Emir Sanusi’s Library In Kano Is Shocked (Photos) / Emir Sanusi Drives Vintage Car To Dubar; Same As His Grand-father's In 1956 / Aminu Sanusi Lamido Becomes A Police Officer (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by jaxxy(m): 10:48pm On Oct 27, 2018
VaselineCrew:
All of you shouting Atiku up and down are hypocrites.

If it's education you're looking for, why not vote for Sowore, who has a Masters from Columbia University (Ivy league)

Most Nigerians it seems are not ready to live in a better country, shouting Buhari and Atiku up and down without shame.

So because he went to an Ivy League skol he shudnt have respect for his elders and customs? Very rude and crude boy.

1 Like

Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by Predstan: 10:49pm On Oct 27, 2018
Roadto2019:

Don't mind that mumu. He and his likes just talk wihtout understanding politics.

You are the one that doesn't know what politics means. Politics is different from leadership. They are talking about leadership not politics

1 Like

Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by gly(m): 10:50pm On Oct 27, 2018
kareemkamil:
Can u see that all the riches that hole her there Country ransome, are now lamenting. I thank God for giving us Buhari. BUHARI 4*4 = 8.

Keep deceiving yourself. You and I know that Buhari is a mistake.
Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by I888(m): 10:56pm On Oct 27, 2018
VaselineCrew:

You should vote for him simply because he is more educated bro, like common. Ivy league grad How can you compare Atiku to an Ivy league Grad?

and Sowore is Yoruba and Ijaw, so there is no way igbos and yorubas can diss themselves.

Do people think it's easy to get into an Ivy league school?

you are naïve. you don't understand what's at stake here
Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by Rstc: 11:02pm On Oct 27, 2018
Predstan:

You are the one that doesn't know what politics means. Politics is different from leadership. They are talking about leadership not politics
True.

Moghalu said something like that.

Politics is a vehicle for producing leadership. Politics is not leadership.

Nigeria is playing politics, not leadership.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by mrkings84(m): 11:03pm On Oct 27, 2018
SOMEONE ONCE SAID AND I CONCUR.....

Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 27, 2018
SPOT-ON!.... e.g BUHARI!
Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by WaffenSS(m): 11:06pm On Oct 27, 2018
activistjohnny:
our economy is good during Gej and more preferable than the cluless,lifeless and certificateless buhari that is the head of state now.

The typical Nigerian idea of economy is trickle-down economy where looted funds go round to fund profligate and unsustainable consumerist lifestyles
Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by WaffenSS(m): 11:07pm On Oct 27, 2018
madridsta007:

“His administration was a colossal disaster”.

If hearing this Tinubu propaganda will make you sleep better at night, keep at it.

Like I wasn't alive 4 years ago
Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 27, 2018
effoi:
Hmmmm. Emir Sanusi is a man who stands by his convictions regardless of whose ox is gored. I hope he wont run into trouble with the politicians and go the way of his grand father. A traditional ruler of his standing should be less emotional in making statements that could heat up the polity.
Sanusi spoke the truth.
Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 27, 2018
VaselineCrew:

If it's education you're looking for, why not vote for Sowore, who has a Masters from Columbia University (Ivy league)

Most Nigerians it seems are not ready to live in a better country, shouting Buhari and Atiku up and down without shame.
The problem is that Sowore has limited cash. Elections in this country is money
Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by I888(m): 11:16pm On Oct 27, 2018
VaselineCrew:

Do you really think much will change with an Atiku? You think security will get any better with an analog thinker?

A suggestion such as placing GPS trackers in Police cars, or Video Cameras, or providing them with Stun Guns, New Crime Labs... will NEVER EVER EVER cross the mind of a Buhari or an Atiku and you really think all of a sudden, Nigerias security apparatus will improve in leaps and bounds with the same old analog Malams in charge I wish I could transport you into the future right now to 2022 with an Atiku as the president and when you get back to the present, I'm sure you will tell me that Nigeria still faces major security challenges and that you wish to correct your future mistakes now.

calm. down... the time for that will. come. buhari has strong cult like following bro. Open your eyes.

The educated are among the most politically foolish in Nigeria. You are looking at things through your own fantasy and completely oblivious of the fact that there are more illiterates in this country than literates and it will shock you that the number of illiterate with pvc is more than literates with pvc.

Another shocker is that the illiterate don't come online, they don't listen to news, they are out there hustling.

You don't seem to know the country you are living in...

You think sowore can remove buhari?

You don't even see the foolishness in your decision... Atiku served as a custom officer, a state governor, a VP... Atiku spent his years building his name and brand. He didn't jump from one bush and announce that he wants to be a president.

Where has sowore, durotoye and moghalu served in capacity of Nigeria service rank?

If he and his brand of "young" cared so much about liberating Nigeria, they would have started as say a governor, a senate, or house of rep. Even Obama started from somewhere built his image.

How many people even know these names? Most of you think Nigeria's election is won on TV and online with motivational speeches.

Open your eyes and smell the Coffee. This is Nigeria z stop day dreaming and face reality.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 27, 2018
IamAtikulate:

Why should we vote for someone we know his brothers would openly reject? Yoruba moslems can never vote for Sowore. Don't ask me why.
How? What has religion got to do with elections?
Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by Antichristus: 11:18pm On Oct 27, 2018
Soludo On Politics

The young generation of Nigerians, especially those commenting on NL fora have been denied quality education, mutating into certificated yet uneducated lots. As such, many are lacking in critical thinking and rational autonomy. On a separate forum when I suggested that right thinking Nigerians should reject Atiku, I was swiftly castigated as supporting Buhari as if these are the only two candidates for the 2019 presidential elections. Buhari is nepotistic, uneducated, incompetent and a qualification fraud. Atiku is nothing one of the most fantastically fraudulent Nigerian public officials. In saner climes, both would never occupy public office.

Nigerians should stop latching on to the idea of "it's either Buhari or Atiku." The most honest assessment of the status-quo which Nigerian religious leaders individually and corporately shied away from is what the Emir fearlessly expressed. Was the Emir specifically supporting Atiku? Not in my view. As a smart academic, astute banker and seasoned technocrat, Soludo - in all probability - wouldn't classify, as educated, someone (Atiku) whose highest educational qualification is an undergraduate diploma—gained part-time whilst working full-time as a customs officer. In all probability, Soludo is calling on Nigerians to disregard both Buhari and Atiku—those who destroyed Nigerians’ past and can’t guarantee its future. In rejecting these old wagons, he’s ostensibly calling on Nigerians to embrace younger candidates with fresh minds and ideas come 2019 presidential elections. If Nigerian youths allow this opportunity to slip away, you’re all doomed.

Soludo On Children’s Education

“Let us invest more in education and let us give up some of the privileges that we have such as the trillions we are spending subsiding petroleum products. That money should go into educating our young people. We are spending too much monies on roads and bridges and trains and too little money educating our children. Let us educate these young people and they will build the roads, train and bridges. We do not need to invite the Chinese to do that for us.”

The core idea Soludo is expressing here is that it’s pointless building infrastructure with the aid of the Chinese when we’re failing to build human capacity. Who will maintain these infrastructures? The uneducated and untrained younger generations? Already, as I said elsewhere, the current crop of these useless Nigerian leaders have mortgaged the future of younger Nigerians to the Chinese. To re-echo Soludo, “we do not need to invite the Chinese to” build our nation’s infrastructures. If we trained own people, they’ll build and maintain the nation’s infrastructures, intergenerationally.

More importantly, Emir Soludo is re-echoing the Finance Minister, and urging Northern elders or leaders to change from their bad ways and “provide the enabling environment for children in north to attend schools.” In other words, enough of this almanjiri culture, enough of the rejection of western education which bred and fuelled Boko Haram.

Nigerians wake up, take your destiny into your hands.

1 Like

Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by Antichristus: 11:20pm On Oct 27, 2018
I888:
you are naïve. you don't understand what's at stake here

I'm keen to know what you think is at stake here. Please share. Thanks.
Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by taneez(f): 11:22pm On Oct 27, 2018
It I s visionary but Canada have laws in place.
The justice system is right. Weed is not legalized and agberoes are killing them selves any how. Harassing people. Canada have program for people whose parents are dysfunctional. Do we have that here? It is not only ideas o.
VaselineCrew:

I feel so sad this night, with everyone telling me they'll vote for Atiku. I just wish they can see the future, the same way I wish those who voted for Buhari in 2015 could see today 10th October 2018.

About legalization of marijuana, you know Canada has already legalized weed right?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/17/cannabis-becomes-legal-in-canada-marijuana

That's why I say Sowore is a visionary, he is even thinking outside the box, which is a lot more computational brain power than is needed to rule Nigeria.

It's like Buhari and Atiku are running on old SOCs with top clock speeds under 1Ghz, when Sowore is running on like 10Ghz with extra RAM to spare.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by saibuhari(m): 11:24pm On Oct 27, 2018
activistjohnny:
Stop electing leaders without education to public offices – Sanusi..
Me:Anybody without SSCE, Diploma,HND, Bsc certificate and above shouldn't be allowed to rule us again.
I don talk am ooo.

What about NEPA bill?
Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by madridsta007(m): 11:28pm On Oct 27, 2018
WaffenSS:

Like I wasn't alive 4 years ago

Like I said, if that makes you sleep better.
Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 27, 2018
I hate to burst anyone's bubbles but having an education should not be dispositive of whom Nigerians elect into public office. I am in agreement with Mr. Sanusi about education being one of the requirements along with others. As in most countries that are forward-looking, Nigeria should have a basic requirement for those who aspire to hold the highest office in the land. In my opinion, the number one requirement has to be patriotism [love of country], then followed by good physical health, mental stability, empathy, non tribal, education, minimum and maximum age [35 and no more than 70 because studies have shown that cognitive decline may begin after midlife, but most decline often occurs at higher ages (70 or higher)].

The reason patriotism has to be the most important requirement is very simple...since it's inception, Nigeria has been ruled by power hungry, self-fish and self-serving, uneducated, ill-informed, egotistical, power hungry, tribalistic and unpatriotic Nigerians. To be a true patriot, one must love and do what is best for his country especially if you are entrusted with the leadership. I can unequivocally say that no Nigerian leader neither in the past nor at present has ANY LOVE for NIGERIA as to do what is in its best interest.

It was a true American visionary and patriot, JFK, who said, "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." This was a clarion call to action for the public to do what is right for the greater good of the country. This means that Government exists for the benefit of its citizens. Clearly, politicians who benefit by abusing their positions are parasites. Nigerians who go into politics...educated or not, go in solely for their own aggrandizement.

So, in as much as I agree with the Emir on having education as a requirement as to who would have the privilege [not a damn right] to lead Nigeria but more importantly, is that the person has other requirements that a real leader in the Nigerian context must have...be PATRIOTIC.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by Cmanforall: 12:03am On Oct 28, 2018
VaselineCrew:

You should vote for him simply because he is more educated bro, like common. Ivy league grad How can you compare Atiku to an Ivy league Grad?

and Sowore is Yoruba and Ijaw, so there is no way igbos and yorubas can diss themselves.

Do people think it's easy to get into an Ivy league school?

How about Moghalu?
Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by vincixpresso: 1:04am On Oct 28, 2018
HisSexcellency:
Off-topic Alert grin grin grin

Has anyone noticed that Linda Ikeji has not been updating us of late with happenings of the young John Snow of Winterfell "aka Baby J" in far away Westros. Hope the young Targeryen girl "aka SD" has nothing to do with this unusual behavior.

Signed
Lord Baelish, requesting immediate response from Castle Black

Kolo Kolo
Kolomental
Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by AreaFada2: 2:32am On Oct 28, 2018
sassysure:
Why didn't he say so 2015?
Mtcheeew.

Abi o.

We that said so, they called us "Tanoids".
How very lame it all looks on Zombies now. cheesy grin
Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by Antichristus: 2:54am On Oct 28, 2018
MaNyEsq:
I hate to burst anyone's bubbles but having an education should not be dispositive of whom Nigerians elect into public office. I am in agreement with Mr. Sanusi about education being one of the requirements along with others. As in most countries that are forward-looking, Nigeria should have a basic requirement for those who aspire to hold the highest office in the land. In my opinion, the number one requirement has to be patriotism [love of country], then followed by good physical health, mental stability, empathy, non tribal, education, minimum and maximum age [35 and no more than 70 because studies have shown that cognitive decline may begin after midlife, but most decline often occurs at higher ages (70 or higher)].

The reason patriotism has to be the most important requirement is very simple...since it's inception, Nigeria has been ruled by power hungry, self-fish and self-serving, uneducated, ill-informed, egotistical, power hungry, tribalistic and unpatriotic Nigerians. To be a true patriot, one must love and do what is best for his country especially if you are entrusted with the leadership. I can unequivocally say that no Nigerian leader neither in the past nor at present has ANY LOVE for NIGERIA as to do what is in its best interest.

It was a true American visionary and patriot, JFK, who said, "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." This was a clarion call to action for the public to do what is right for the greater good of the country. This means that Government exists for the benefit of its citizens. Clearly, politicians who benefit by abusing their positions are parasites. Nigerians who go into politics...educated or not, go in solely for their own aggrandizement.

So, in as much as I agree with the Emir on having education as a requirement as to who would have the privilege [not a damn right] to lead Nigeria but more importantly, is that the person has other requirements that a real leader in the Nigerian context must have...be PATRIOTIC.

TOTALLY AGREE.
Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by uvalued(m): 3:07am On Oct 28, 2018
VaselineCrew:

sowore cannot make impact up north so atiku is beta
Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by legibow: 3:28am On Oct 28, 2018
BIAFRONIGERIAN:
Emir Sanusi is openly Atikulating while APC zombies are lifelessly waiting for 5m Kano votes
is that clear.... Noted sir
Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by fasho01(m): 4:04am On Oct 28, 2018
VaselineCrew:

You are not far from the truth but this is beyond hypocrisy. In reality, the election is a 2-horse race between pdp & apc hence the focus on both parties candidates.

It's just sad that if better qualified candidates don't run under these two MAJOR parties with solid structures nationwide, the presidency will always elude them.. Period!

1 Like

Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by Volcano12(f): 5:19am On Oct 28, 2018
VaselineCrew:

So is Sawore a saint?Sawore wey lie pass rat,I beg clear make I see front.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by clickwtB(m): 6:20am On Oct 28, 2018
Buhari is an exception his integrity/patriotism is needed at this juncture!!!!
This is a 5th time aspirant !!!Please dont waste our time on this issue!!!
PMB the great till 2023!!!
Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by shugabasbn: 6:23am On Oct 28, 2018
What is Atiku educational profile looks like.
Buhari is even better than Atiku
Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by Reality247: 6:38am On Oct 28, 2018
Sanusi you are on point because you can only give what you have
Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by Kentcto1: 6:41am On Oct 28, 2018
We will vote for the person without certificate, so we can expose the criminal person with certificate, looting the public treasury.
Re: Stop Electing Leaders Without Education To Public Offices – Sanusi by chinedumoooo: 6:51am On Oct 28, 2018
All these should be regulated by powerful institution that act independently,because without curtailing this menace will make education non-attract and useless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Haruna Sanusi Resigns After Ganduje’s Installation Of New Emirates Heads In Kano / Alawe Reports Alaafin To Seyi Makinde, Calls Him An Interlopper / Emami Presents Fake Ologbotsere Insignias To Olu Of Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.