Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (278773 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by fiddzy(m): 7:38pm On Aug 12, 2021
fiddzy:
ok sir, please can 10 big cucs be gotten from mydas with good fertilizer schedule on open field?
sir?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by emmaachile2(m): 7:56pm On Aug 12, 2021
fiddzy:
sir?
He may not have the answer as I think he has not planted it before. That number is too small in yield for Mydaz except you don't know what you are doing.

See this link for modest results from iita open field in the southwest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr-bbV68W9c

I still even have an old Mydaz cucumber and Colombia watermelon plant more than 12/16 weeks old with about 7 upcoming cucumber fruits on it and still even flowering in my compound.

I may document my next plants including Diva F1 tomato and Maradona f1 papaya from east west, Mydaz RZ F1 and Colombia RZ f1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Cocoboms(m): 8:26pm On Aug 12, 2021
It's actually very possible. Have grown 4 stands of Mydas f1 in my garden before. One thing I noticed is that it has very good continuity in production. Only thing is that you'll need to feed mydas plant very well and use a very very tall stake, if you want to get good results.
First flush of fruit could be up to 6 at once, 2nd flush can comfortably produce 4 fruits with good agronomic practices. I have experienced that. But mind you, it was only 4 stands in my home garden. Replicating such commercially is always a challenge.
Another thing I love about Mydas f1 is that it's 100% parthenocarpic. Read that up if you don't know what it means. smiley
fiddzy:
ok sir, please can 10 big cucs be gotten from mydas with good fertilizer schedule on open field?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by pipi84(m): 9:18pm On Aug 12, 2021
Cocoboms:
It's actually very possible. Have grown 4 stands of Mydas f1 in my garden before. One thing I noticed is that it has very good continuity in production. Only thing is that you'll need to feed mydas plant very well and use a very very tall stake, if you want to get good results.
First flush of fruit could be up to 6 at once, 2nd flush can comfortably produce 4 fruits with good agronomic practices. I have experienced that. But mind you, it was only 4 stands in my home garden. Replicating such commercially is always a challenge.
Another thing I love about Mydas f1 is that it's 100% parthenocarpic. Read that up if you don't know what it means. smiley

That's why it's production is high, you can get that on monocious or gynocious seed either...
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Lanjonath(m): 12:04am On Aug 13, 2021
On cukes I use more of acetamiprid, lampda cyolathrin (don't think i spelt that right) and cyfluthrin and they don't affect my bees in any way

FarmTech:

Some insecticides will persist and kill bees for weeks. Eg Chlorpyrifos, dimethoat etc. It is better to stick to safer ones like lambdacyhalothrin, Abamectin, neem oil, emmamectin etc
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Lanjonath(m): 12:07am On Aug 13, 2021
You'll definitely get more than 10, I average around 14 in open field, green house will definitely be better.

fiddzy:
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by fiddzy(m): 11:40am On Aug 13, 2021
emmaachile2:

He may not have the answer as I think he has not planted it before. That number is too small in yield for Mydaz except you don't know what you are doing.

I still even have an old Mydaz cucumber and Colombia watermelon plant more than 12/16 weeks old with about 7 upcoming cucumber fruits on it and still even flowering in my compound.

I may document my next plants including Diva F1 tomato and Maradona f1 papaya from east west, Mydaz RZ F1 and Colombia RZ f1
God bless you sir.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by fiddzy(m): 11:46am On Aug 13, 2021
Cocoboms:
I understand about parthenocarpic right from my school days, seedless only female seeds, develop fruit without pollination. You can spray all the imidacloprid, dimethoate systemic pesticide of this world without worrying about bees toxicity. � But as an environmental agronomist I use only fast degrading Contact or botanical during flowering.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by fiddzy(m): 1:21pm On Aug 13, 2021
emmaachile2:

I may document my next plants including Diva F1 tomato and Maradona f1 papaya from east west, Mydaz RZ F1 and Colombia RZ f1. We will be patiently waiting sir.

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 6:04pm On Aug 13, 2021
Lanjonath:
On cukes I use more of acetamiprid, lampda cyolathrin (don't think i spelt that right) and cyfluthrin and they don't affect my bees in any way

Good. It is Lambdacyhalothrin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by noeloge82(m): 11:10am On Aug 15, 2021
@Mazi okoroemeka.., weldone pls I want to ask have you ever planted okoro during dry season say from November, I actually have a farmer who is into it and from his analysis it seems too similar yield duration with cucumber and has steady market demand especially during dry season , and has less monitoring activity compared to cucumber but I want to know if you have a first hand experience on this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by uche393: 6:48pm On Aug 19, 2021
Good evening bosses, please can drip irrigation work effectively with an overhead tank without pumping machine?

Size of land- 1 plot
Length of overhead tank- same a height of a 2 storey building
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by fiddzy(m): 8:40pm On Aug 19, 2021
uche393:
Good evening bosses, please can drip irrigation work effectively with an overhead tank without pumping machine?

Size of land- 1 plot
Length of overhead tank- same a height of a 2 storey building
As long as the height is above 3 metres, but then again the g.p has to be of big size lets say 2000 litres upwards.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by solarized: 3:23am On Aug 20, 2021
i am glad to hear you have already obtained the needed items.
i may have shared a few items with you.
I also bought mine in bulk but i do have a few accessories left.

klbakare:

my brother, it's a long story. Although I have gotten drip tapes now, but the challenge is that all of the accessories are also sold in bulk. like I need 15 connectors now, I want to buy a pack of 100. if I decide to use ground supports, I'd also have to buy a pack of 100. it's tiring my brother. cucumbers consume water like mad and watering with bucket is nauseating. Life is really hard for a DIYer in Nigeria. I am in Oyo State. Nairaland sellers are terrible, I have spoken or done business with some of them. Do you have any deal?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 8:51am On Sep 07, 2021
okoroemeka:
1500 meters drip tape will cover two plots of land,the roll is #60k, depending on shape of land you may need 50-60 connectors for 60 ridges,60 end caps and 20-30 joiners,10-15 PVC pipes
Boss any update on your recent cucumber project...d 50, 60 cm spacing, did it give better yield?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 11:10am On Sep 10, 2021
pls what is the best way to make ridge for driptape on a downward slope land. is the best option along the slope or across the slope
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by REUBEN010(m): 7:45pm On Sep 10, 2021
aquadude15:
pls what is the best way to make ridge for driptape on a downward slope land.
is the best option along the slope or across the slope

Across the slope is better for proper land management. Imagine run-off water from rain causing erosion and washing off some of your ridges, irrigation set-up and/or crops if done along the slope.

2 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by abouzaid: 3:54pm On Sep 13, 2021
Please help, i have secured a large plot of land that might be as big as 20 plots when measured but my problem is how to irrigate it, it doesn't belong to me so drilling of a well or borehole might not be allowed by the owner so the next option would be to buy water from neighbors with borehole and transfer it by pipe to a plastic water tank or tanks on site, i would like to start with one crop and one plot at a time and gradually turn the entire plot to a full time vegetable garden, so how best should i approach the irrigation problem? What size of tank should i buy giving my current and future plans? Any other advice would be appreciated?

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by komoland: 11:31am On Sep 15, 2021
Good morning great farmers. Please I need bamboo for my cucumber project, please if any one know where I can cut or purchase, I reside in ibadan. Thanks.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Chioma99(f): 9:36pm On Sep 15, 2021
please my fellow nairalanders i just want to ask a question......
how profitable is chilli pepper farming?
is it a profitable farming venture or not just that profitable.
am in Lagos and a friend of mine is looking to invest heavily on chilli pepper farming
i want to know if there are steady buyers for it or not.
although pepper sells well but i don't really know of this chilli pepper
please how profitable is it here in Lagos?
thanks....
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by REUBEN010(m): 9:55pm On Sep 15, 2021
Chioma99:
please my fellow nairalanders i just want to ask a question......
how profitable is chilli pepper farming?
is it a profitable farming venture or not just that profitable.
am in Lagos and a friend of mine is looking to invest heavily on chilli pepper farming
i want to know if there are steady buyers for it or not.
although pepper sells well but i don't really know of this chilli pepper
please how profitable is it here in Lagos?
thanks....

Carrying out a market survey will help your friend in taking informed decision. Ask him/her to visit pepper section of major markets (ilepo, mile 12 etc) with samples of the chilli pepper to ask if it's sold there.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by uche393: 11:55am On Sep 20, 2021
Good morning everyone, I'm looking for someone to share the cost of buying 2000m driptape with. I just need 1000m for 1plot or is it possible to get 1000m driptape?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by solarized: 3:32pm On Sep 20, 2021
uche393:
Good morning everyone, I'm looking for someone to share the cost of buying 2000m driptape with. I just need 1000m for 1plot or is it possible to get 1000m driptape?

Yes, it's possible to get 1000m but why not buy a 1500m bundle? You will find it cheaper than the cost per meter on a 1000m drip-tape.
Check my signature for my contact number if you are interested.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Lanjonath(m): 11:31pm On Sep 20, 2021
There are people who sell 1000m drips, why not go that route? You'll even get 0.3 thickness at 1000m per roll.

uche393:
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 4:30pm On Sep 21, 2021
abouzaid:
Please help, i have secured a large plot of land that might be as big as 20 plots when measured but my problem is how to irrigate it, it doesn't belong to me so drilling of a well or borehole might not be allowed by the owner so the next option would be to buy water from neighbors with borehole and transfer it by pipe to a plastic water tank or tanks on site, i would like to start with one crop and one plot at a time and gradually turn the entire plot to a full time vegetable garden, so how best should i approach the irrigation problem? What size of tank should i buy giving my current and future plans? Any other advice would be appreciated?
U better find land close to river or u farm only in rainy season.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by abouzaid: 6:02pm On Sep 21, 2021
FarmTech:

U better find land close to river or u farm only in rainy season.
i have decided to dig a well and get a water pumping machine for a start, the rest of the land would be used for cassava and water melon as adviced by someone here. Funny enough, someone is offering to get me a leased land close to a river, maybe i should check it out.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 12:47pm On Sep 22, 2021
abouzaid:
i have decided to dig a well and get a water pumping machine for a start, the rest of the land would be used for cassava and water melon as adviced by someone here. Funny enough, someone is offering to get me a leased land close to a river, maybe i should check it out.
I suggest u take the one close to river. U can't trust well in the middle of dry season.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by betabread: 3:38pm On Sep 22, 2021
abouzaid:
U r definitely a starter, let me burst u a little as I have made d mistake u r making......,
To irrigate corn one needs at least 1mm of rainfall every 4 days to be delivered by any means rain, drip sprinkler or furrow.... Now to cover a hectare multiply area by the rainfall requirement.........10,000,000 liters every 4 days, for an acre u divide by 2.5 to get 400,000 liters....... If u follow food agronomist practices u can reduce this to 100000 liters every 4 days

Before u think of irrigation one should remember this, can ur well deliver 100000liters in 4 days I doubt, so u need to go close to a river, even if ur well can, the deeper the well the higher the cost of pumping up
After this you think of the best way to distribute this water around ur field........

As u can see we have left the realm of agric into the realm of engineering
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by abouzaid: 5:28pm On Sep 22, 2021
betabread:

U r definitely a starter, let me burst u a little as I have made d mistake u r making......,
To irrigate corn one needs at least 1mm of rainfall every 4 days to be delivered by any means rain, drip sprinkler or furrow.... Now to cover a hectare multiply area by the rainfall requirement.........10,000,000 liters every 4 days, for an acre u divide by 2.5 to get 400,000 liters....... If u follow food agronomist practices u can reduce this to 100000 liters every 4 days

Before u think of irrigation one should remember this, can ur well deliver 100000liters in 4 days I doubt, so u need to go close to a river, even if ur well can, the deeper the well the higher the cost of pumping up
After this you think of the best way to distribute this water around ur field........

As u can see we have left the realm of agric into the realm of engineering
thanks for the advice but i meant that i would use the well to irrigate 1 plot of land with about 1500 stands of cucumber, the rest of the land (it's a hectare) would be used for cassava and water melon, i would plant half the land at the start of the rainy season and remaining half by September next year to ease management.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by abouzaid: 5:29pm On Sep 22, 2021
FarmTech:

I suggest u take the one close to river. U can't trust well in the middle of dry season.
thanks.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Nezzjnr: 11:54am On Sep 23, 2021
Okoroemeka is your 500k for an acre of Cukes still feasible or Higher than that??

I'm looking at something

Anyone's input will be well appreciated please... Thanks ����

Farmerakinloye6 Aquadude15 FarmTech ideepaul and the rest

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.