Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (278644 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 12:18am On Mar 11, 2019
Cocoboms:
grin grin Ogam, EWS is east west seeds nah. They have tested and trusted seeds for the tropics. But you are right sha, na to grow d ones person for your area don grow before. That's an interesting observation about Heracles f1. 68days! shocked

missed the acronym,east west is proven,they are very good,if not the best,they sell in seed counts and their input are the costilest, another good idea concerning veggies,cheap seeds are bad news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by hoyze24: 3:54pm On Mar 11, 2019
okoroemeka:
WM don't like much water,irrigated at least every other day or three days,from what I am seeing they need mostly urea fertilizer,we plan to fertilizer every 2 weeks to get 2 balls per plant.
Means it could be more expensive during the peak raining season. I still wonder how people who supply to the south from the north make profit considering the cost of transportation.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:08pm On Mar 11, 2019
hoyze24:

Means it could be more expensive during the peak raining season. I still wonder how people who supply to the south from the north make profit considering the cost of transportation.
I went to supply cucumbers to our customer in umunze and was shocked at the small size kaolack WM they are selling for #550 naira,the woman said supply is scarce that their supplier in onitsha is struggling to meet to total demand of groceries in the area of 700-1000 balls of WM weekly,hmmmm,very interesting,I will get pics of the WM size tomorrow so anyone can compare the size/price in their own area.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:11pm On Mar 11, 2019
hoyze24:

most of the big southern suppliers finance the farms up north,they are just bringing down their farm produce.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Cocoboms(m): 10:31pm On Mar 11, 2019
okoroemeka:
I went to supply cucumbers to our customer in umunze and was shocked at the small size kaolack WM they are selling for #550 naira,the woman said supply is scarce that their supplier in onitsha is struggling to meet to total demand of groceries in the area of 700-1000 balls of WM weekly,hmmmm,very interesting,I will get pics of the WM size tomorrow so anyone can compare the size/price in their own area.

That's very interesting. Farmers in the east are really enjoying oo. Maybe I should move down to the east grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 10:51pm On Mar 11, 2019
Cocoboms:

That's very interesting. Farmers in the east are really enjoying oo. Maybe I should move down to the east grin
land availability is the only limiting factor,if you manage to get your desired land it will not be fertile,it's a catch 22 situation.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Juliana7: 10:59pm On Mar 11, 2019
okoroemeka:
@op okoroemeka, when is d scarce period for watermelon?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Cocoboms(m): 11:58pm On Mar 11, 2019
okoroemeka:
land availability is the only limiting factor,if you manage to get your desired land it will not be fertile,it's a catch 22 situation.

My brother, same situation over here. Getting fertile land in nassarawa state is war. Most of the accessible farmlands here have been overfarmed. It's really exhausting.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:53am On Mar 12, 2019
Juliana7:
@op okoroemeka, when is d scarce period for watermelon?
from the amount people are willing to pay for small kaolack melons,I think it's the scare period will be jan-jun.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:12pm On Mar 12, 2019
I spent an enlightening 1 hr at the grocery we supply cucumbers,I found out that the market women divide an average sized kaolack into 6 parts and sell #100 naira each,they further confined that bigger sized WM like koloss, Heracles,logon,etc , will be divided in 8 parts @#800 for 1 ball, quite interesting, within the 1 hr period I was there she cut and sold 5 balls,I there and then believed that the population of Nigeria is more than 200 million.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by johnnyblaze424: 9:20pm On Mar 12, 2019
okoroemeka:
I spent an enlightening 1 hr at the grocery we supply cucumbers,I found out that the market women divide an average sized kaolack into 6 parts and sell #100 naira each,they further confined that bigger sized WM like koloss, Heracles,logon,etc , will be divided in 8 parts @#800 for 1 ball, quite interesting, within the 1 hr period I was there she cut and sold 5 balls,I there and then believed that the population of Nigeria is more than 200 million.

there's a huge difference between the price of fresh fruit over there, compared to Southwest
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Juliana7: 10:19pm On Mar 12, 2019
okoroemeka:
from the amount people are willing to pay for small kaolack melons,I think it's the scare period will be jan-jun.
thank u sir
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 10:47pm On Mar 12, 2019
johnnyblaze424:

there's a huge difference between the price of fresh fruit over there, compared to Southwest
tell us the difference is it more costly or cheaper,but I believe due to limited land availability,80% fresh fruits/veggies come from North,so we pay more.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Cocoboms(m): 11:06pm On Mar 12, 2019
okoroemeka:

Wow! That's amazing. So within 1 hour, aunty seller made nothing less than 1000 naira in profit from watermelon alone. Hmmmm......i wonder how much she makes in a day then shocked
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 5:44am On Mar 13, 2019
Cocoboms:

Wow! That's amazing. So within 1 hour, aunty seller made nothing less than 1000 naira in profit from watermelon alone. Hmmmm......i wonder how much she makes in a day then shocked
I laugh if I read about tradermoni giving market women #10,000,it's funny,most of these women make more money in a month than graduates working in big white collar company

4 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Cocoboms(m): 10:39am On Mar 13, 2019
okoroemeka:
I laugh if I read about tradermoni giving market women #10,000,it's funny,most of these women make more money in a month than graduates working in big white collar company
That's really laughable
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ogbongenet: 11:01am On Mar 13, 2019
okoroemeka:
tell us the difference is it more costly or cheaper,but I believe due to limited land availability,80% fresh fruits/veggies come from North,so we pay more.
here in Abeokuta a dozen of medium size of water Mellon is 3500-4k .The price is not encouraging at all. Because of the high rainfall in most part of south west to plant water Mellon ,someone have to prepare and prepare .pest and diseases and pest is of the major problem. Though fertile land is not a problem down here 75% of our lands are fertile even I can say it authoritatively that southwest has the most fertile land in Nigeria..

3 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Cocoboms(m): 11:51am On Mar 13, 2019
ogbongenet:
here in Abeokuta a dozen of medium size of water Mellon is 3500-4k .The price is not encouraging at all. Because of the high rainfall in most part of south west to plant water Mellon ,someone have to prepare and prepare .pest and diseases and pest is of the major problem. Though fertile land is not a problem down here 75% of our lands are fertile even I can say it authoritatively that southwest has the most fertile land in Nigeria..

A dozen medium sized watermelon for 3500 is not a bad deal nah. How can you say it's not encouraging ?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FMCASH(m): 1:40pm On Mar 13, 2019
ogbongenet:
please which market did you sell to in Abeokuta?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 7:14pm On Mar 13, 2019
ogbongenet:
the price is not bad, that 290-300 naira per one,the key is quantity,if you harvest 2,500 balls and sell at #3,500 per dozen,you will know the score.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 8:26pm On Mar 13, 2019
Hello everyone. My first dry season farming met with near disaster because of whiteflies. How do you guys control it?

From my reaearch, I found out the following solutions: bifenthrin, IGR Buprofezin, spiromesifen, cyantraniliprole, NEEM oil, whitefly fungal pathogens, whitefly sex pheromone, spirotetramat. who knows where i can buy any of them? Thanks.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by funsoul: 9:17pm On Mar 13, 2019
FarmTech:
Hello everyone. My first dry season farming met with near disaster because of whiteflies. How do you guys control it?

From my reaearch, I found out the following solutions: bifenthrin, IGR Buprofezin, spiromesifen, cyantraniliprole, NEEM oil, whitefly fungal pathogens, whitefly sex pheromone, spirotetramat. who knows where i can buy any of them? Thanks.
U can get neem oil from organicfoods on nairaland. U might not notice any immediate effect but it works on d long run. For cucumbers though I noticed that once d leafs gets bigger they I don't notice them. Another suggestion is if u are using inorganic insecticides is to use about 3 diff types (3 diff active ingredients not brands) cos of resistance
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:19pm On Mar 13, 2019
FarmTech:

holy cow !! how on earth are you going to get those chemicals in Nigeria,I think proactive spraying of magicforce every 4 days when first planted scares away whitefly, however if u have a serious infestation just forget about wasting money on chemicals and just pray for a heavy rainfall.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:22pm On Mar 13, 2019
koloss F1 watermelon at 65% germination in 4 days.hopefully we will transplant in 3-4 days time.

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 4:54pm On Mar 14, 2019
funsoul:

U can get neem oil from organicfoods on nairaland. U might not notice any immediate effect but it works on d long run. For cucumbers though I noticed that once d leafs gets bigger they I don't notice them. Another suggestion is if u are using inorganic insecticides is to use about 3 diff types (3 diff active ingredients not brands) cos of resistance
Thanks a lot.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 4:57pm On Mar 14, 2019
okoroemeka:
holy cow !! how on earth are you going to get those chemicals in Nigeria,I think proactive spraying of magicforce every 4 days when first planted scares away whitefly, however if u have a serious infestation just forget about wasting money on chemicals and just pray for a heavy rainfall.
Thanks. What is the active ingredient in magic force? For heavy rain in the dry season, that's not possible now?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:24pm On Mar 14, 2019
Please, can someone drop a kinda schedule for spraying of insecticides/pesticides? Like after how many days and so on
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Hungarriman: 6:31am On Mar 15, 2019
okoroemeka:
koloss F1 watermelon at 65% germination in 4 days.hopefully we will transplant in 3-4 days time.
Been following your post right from your cucumber days and i must say it has been very interesting. I hope you were able to get the 100bags from your 2500 cucumber farming, i was seriously cheering and rooting for it to happen. More power to your elbow.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:31pm On Mar 15, 2019
okoroemeka:

Please, how often should cucumber be watered? I'm doing manual watering, not drip
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by jjbest123(m): 6:08pm On Mar 15, 2019
Thanks to the op @ okoroemeka for the wonderful EDUTAINMENT. God bless and prosper you more,amen.

Please sir @ okoroemeka,between greengo f1 from east west and cu 999,which one will be best for raining season @ the east,both yeild and market acceptance?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 11:11pm On Mar 15, 2019
jjbest123:
Thanks to the op @ okoroemeka for the wonderful EDUTAINMENT. God bless and prosper you more,amen.

Please sir @ okoroemeka,between greengo f1 from east west and cu 999,which one will be best for raining season @ the east,both yeild and market acceptance?
greengo due to high resistance to Downy mildrew.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Functionoftime(m): 3:58pm On Mar 17, 2019
38 days after planting. I have few of them like that. Should I wait for 42days (6 weeks) before harvest when others must have been big enough for harvest or should I harvest the few of them like that? I'm afraid that the big ones must have been overripe before 42 days.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.