Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (278247 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:32pm On Sep 14, 2019
uche393:
Pls , How many cement bags
Can one plot carry Maximum on a cucumber farm ?
the answer is in the thread,read it carefully and you will find were sack farm has been analysed.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by uche393: 8:39pm On Sep 14, 2019
okoroemeka:
the answer is in the thread,read it carefully and you will find were sack farm has been analysed.
thanks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by tpben: 9:45pm On Sep 14, 2019
okoroemeka:
cucumbers are fast maturing crops,we have done a Murano farm that was harvested at 38 days,cukes will use small piece of land to give good financial return,it's fast maturing but dies equally faster.pepper on the other hand needs bigger size of land to give good financial return,it's slow to maturity 70-90 days,but it will be harvested for a longer period and it's more easier to manage than cucumbers,if I was given a choice between the two,I will still choose the two of them,pepper will be for long term projects,while cucumbers will be quick money spinner to support the pepper.

Thanks boss. How many bags is obtainable from 3000 stands every four days??
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 5:13am On Sep 15, 2019
tpben:

Thanks boss. How many bags is obtainable from 3000 stands every four days??
of which crop??
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by raoladngr: 12:13pm On Sep 15, 2019
okoroemeka:
cucumbers are fast maturing crops,we have done a Murano farm that was harvested at 38 days,cukes will use small piece of land to give good financial return,it's fast maturing but dies equally faster.pepper on the other hand needs bigger size of land to give good financial return,it's slow to maturity 70-90 days,but it will be harvested for a longer period and it's more easier to manage than cucumbers,if I was given a choice between the two,I will still choose the two of them,pepper will be for long term projects,while cucumbers will be quick money spinner to support the pepper.
what of pepper vs tomato
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 12:48pm On Sep 15, 2019
raoladngr:
what of pepper vs tomato
we have not done tomatoes before but I don't think it can yield as long as a good pepper variety,I stand to be corrected but I don't think tomatoes can push money better than pepper, even tomatoes management is on another level,it's disease control is strictly prevention,if disease enter tomato farm it will not be funny and most of the time it cannot be reversed.but peppers on the other hand is flexible and more stubborn against disease and a good fungicide application will clear most problems,there's a reason why a basket of tomatoes is #30,000k during the wettest period of the year,it's because of the difficulty in planting and managing it, commercial tomatoes farming is for the expert veggies farmers,it's not easy to grow and manage like pepper,there's an old thread on tomato farming by madam Jethro,if u read that her tomato adventure,you will agree with me that tomatoes are best left for the seriously committed farmers.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by tpben: 1:49pm On Sep 15, 2019
okoroemeka:
of which crop??
Pepper sir
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 4:40pm On Sep 15, 2019
tpben:

Pepper sir
if it's hybrid pepper avenir F1,I will use this cultivar as a template because we have farmed , harvested and kept records of the proceed,3000 pepper will take 4 plots of land and at normal production will see 15-20 bags of vital feed bag(25 kg) every 4-5 days,for me harvesting the ripe fruits is the hardest work in pepper ,we are selling a 25kg bag 6-7,000k now pepper is still scarce.if you have a well managed healthy 3000 hybrid pepper crops you will raking in more than #100,000k every week minus expenses.and it can continue to yield for 4-5 months commercial production.

5 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by tpben: 5:48pm On Sep 15, 2019
okoroemeka:
if it's hybrid pepper avenir F1,I will use this cultivar as a template because we have farmed , harvested and kept records of the proceed,3000 pepper will take 4 plots of land and at normal production will see 15-20 bags of vital feed bag(25 kg) every 4-5 days,for me harvesting the ripe fruits is the hardest work in pepper ,we are selling a 25kg bag 6-7,000k now pepper is still scarce.if you have a well managed healthy 3000 hybrid pepper crops you will raking in more than #100,000k every week minus expenses.and it can continue to yield for 4-5 months commercial production.

Thank you sir. But that harvesting part ee
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Philistine(m): 5:57pm On Sep 15, 2019
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by raoladngr: 7:40pm On Sep 15, 2019
okoroemeka:
also what about hot pepper vs bell pepper
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by tpben: 9:29pm On Sep 15, 2019
raoladngr:

Hot pepper will always beat bell peppers due to large market demand. Bell pepper has a very limited use and demand. Demand defines profitability. I think bell peppers are disease prone too compared to hot pepper.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:35pm On Sep 15, 2019
tpben:

Thank you sir. But that harvesting part ee
I travelled and my manager also travelled for a burial and we Left our pepper farm for 6 days,the sight that we met was a sea of red colour,we got more external labourers and harvested pepper from morning till evening,we confessed that day that Jesus is Lord.

5 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:38pm On Sep 15, 2019
raoladngr:
pls leave bell pepper it is not for beginning farmers,it's very sensitive like tomatoes,it will not take any prisoners any nonsense the farm is gone to diseases,best grown in covered green/net house or during dry season.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:44pm On Sep 15, 2019
tpben:

Hot pepper will always beat bell peppers due to large market demand. Bell pepper has a very limited use and demand. Demand defines profitability. I think bell peppers are disease prone too compared to hot pepper.
it's not that you think,bell peppers are easily prone to diseases,they grow faster than hot peppers but if rain is touching the leafs it's a big problem, bacterial leaf spot,frogeye and other foliar disease caused by excess dampness will follow.its so sensitive to bacterial issues that I will not advice any farmer in an area with high humidity to even bother trying it.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by raoladngr: 2:17am On Sep 16, 2019
okoroemeka:
it's not that you think,bell peppers are easily prone to diseases,they grow faster than hot peppers but if rain is touching the leafs it's a big problem, bacterial leaf spot,frogeye and other foliar disease caused by excess dampness will follow.its so sensitive to bacterial issues that I will not advice any farmer in an area with high humidity to even bother trying it.
thanks for your advice,
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by raoladngr: 8:10am On Sep 16, 2019
(1.) Can pepper strive well on swampy area (2.) can it do well on sandy soil

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 2:03pm On Sep 16, 2019
raoladngr:
(1.) Can pepper strive well on swampy area
(2.) can it do well on sandy soil
those two soil types are the worst type in veggies farming,Sandy soil can be managed with excess manure application and fertilizer,but a swampy soil is a big no.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FMCASH(m): 5:06pm On Sep 16, 2019
My brother from my little experience, I still prefer tomato to cucumber. There profitability its of same league too. You make average of 75 naira per stand for cucumber. Depend on yield you can make average of 75 to 150# per plant on tomato.
Key word for tomatoes: good hybrid seed, raised bed, pruning, staking, fungicide, insecticide and manure.
Tomato its not that stressful to me as cucumber, Shalom.
okoroemeka:
we have not done tomatoes before but I don't think it can yield as long as a good pepper variety,I stand to be corrected but I don't think tomatoes can push money better than pepper, even tomatoes management is on another level,it's disease control is strictly prevention,if disease enter tomato farm it will not be funny and most of the time it cannot be reversed.but peppers on the other hand is flexible and more stubborn against disease and a good fungicide application will clear most problems,there's a reason why a basket of tomatoes is #30,000k during the wettest period of the year,it's because of the difficulty in planting and managing it, commercial tomatoes farming is for the expert veggies farmers,it's not easy to grow and manage like pepper,there's an old thread on tomato farming by madam Jethro,if u read that her tomato adventure,you will agree with me that tomatoes are best left for the seriously committed farmers.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FMCASH(m): 5:08pm On Sep 16, 2019
tpben:

but bell pepper will make sense for people that have limited land space.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 10:11pm On Sep 16, 2019
FMCASH:
My brother from my little experience, I still prefer tomato to cucumber. There profitability its of same league too. You make average of 75 naira per stand for cucumber. Depend on yield you can make average of 75 to 150# per plant on tomato.
Key word for tomatoes: good hybrid seed, raised bed, pruning, staking, fungicide, insecticide and manure.
Tomato its not that stressful to me as cucumber, Shalom.
the comparison is between tomatoes and pepper,I don't think there's any tomato variety that can compare or surpass the financial return one on one to an avenir pepper.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FMCASH(m): 1:05am On Sep 17, 2019
okoroemeka:
the comparison is between tomatoes and pepper,I don't think there's any tomato variety that can compare or surpass the financial return one on one to an avenir pepper.
how much did you make per stand from one avenir stand.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 2:26am On Sep 17, 2019
FMCASH:
how much did you make per stand from one avenir stand.
maybe your calculations can be wrong how can a tomato plant produce #75-150 naira worth of tomatoes through it's life span,its too small,I think it should be higher than that,i can show you now a pepper plant I personally harvested that yielded half painter yesterday,mind you full painter of fresh pepper is sold #1300 naria,so that one harvest is roughly #600 naira from one pepper plant,we will harvest again Wednesday and I will keep accurate weight and average yield per plant and check what's the price in the market ,it could be impossible to keep the whole record of a pepper farm because they last so long,you can get tried of keeping record.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by james550(m): 6:27am On Sep 17, 2019
okoroemeka:
I travelled and my manager also travelled for a burial and we Left our pepper farm for 6 days,the sight that we met was a sea of red colour,we got more external labourers and harvested pepper from morning till evening,we confessed that day that Jesus is Lord.

please how many plots of land did you use in planting this your pepper?

The reason i dislike pepper is the harvesting part whereby you start scratching and itching like a mad person.

But i dont really know how you guys harvest yours over there.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by raoladngr: 6:58am On Sep 17, 2019
okoroemeka:
maybe your calculations can be wrong how can a tomato plant produce #75-150 naira worth of tomatoes through it's life span,its too small,I think it should be higher than that,i can show you now a pepper plant I personally harvested that yielded half painter yesterday,mind you full painter of fresh pepper is sold #1300 naria,so that one harvest is roughly #600 naira from one pepper plant,we will harvest again Wednesday and I will keep accurate weight and average yield per plant and check what's the price in the market ,it could be impossible to keep the whole record of a pepper farm because they last so long,you can get tried of keeping record.
i think you right because on my own pepper farm though it is local breed, on a plant i harvested and sold for #250 and the fruits is still remain on that plant that not yet ripe,

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by tpben: 7:05am On Sep 17, 2019
okoroemeka:

How do you plan irrigating this dry season?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by tpben: 7:27am On Sep 17, 2019
okoroemeka:

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FMCASH(m): 11:16am On Sep 17, 2019
okoroemeka:

150# per stand its not a joke in tomato farming, its like saying you making 1.5M per acre. 10,000 plants *#150

Financial record keeping is very important per plant or meter square.

You can't compare south south and east market with south west biko.

If I may ask how much did you make per stand from cucumber.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FMCASH(m): 11:39am On Sep 17, 2019
Its only few experience cucumber farmer that can #80 per stand. If you can achieve 120k per can, that means you make #80 per stand if you have 1500 surviving plant from 1750 Seed.
FMCASH:

150# per stand its not a joke in tomato farming, its like saying you making 1.5M per acre. 10,000 plants *#150

Financial record keeping is very important per plant or meter square.

You can't compare south south and east market with south west biko.

If I may ask how much did you make per stand from cucumber.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 2:02pm On Sep 17, 2019
okoroemeka:
no need testing avenir just plant it,less trouble and more resistance to disease than tomato
Hello Okoroemeka, pls how do you fertilize your peppers and what spacing do you used? Have u ever used rainguns with peppers? Thanks.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 2:16pm On Sep 17, 2019
okoroemeka:
you need a original copper fungicide to control that,that's also rainy season problems
Thanks man. I used burgundy's mixture, saaf, mancozeb and hexaconazole and intensive pruning of diseased leaves. It is now minimal. Thanks.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 2:40pm On Sep 17, 2019
Functionoftime:

Cukes are normally spaced 60cm apart?
Yes, from the recommendation i see in Cu 999 pack. Closer spacing is also possible but avoid it during the rainy season because of disease issues. I also think that closer spacing is not good if there is heavy pest infestation, esp pests like whiteflies which are very difficult to control.

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.