Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Single And Thirty-something! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Single And Thirty-something! (357 Views)

Should A Single Guy Fall In Love In His Mid Thirty? Confused! / My Boyfriend Cheated With Thirty Women - British Mum / 10 Pictures Single And Frustrated Ladies Can Relate To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Single And Thirty-something! by Theladysroom: 6:17pm On Nov 02, 2018
The day I turned thirty, I convinced myself this was the greatest failure of my life. This awkward, word-eating, can’t-believe-it fact of singleness
Ogonna was the first person who ‘really’ spoke to me during my service year. We met after I was posted to a small Finance house in Festac. Something about the way she craned her head over her cubicle to say hello made me know we would become friends. She was that kind of person, cheery, soft-spoken and all-embracing.
The thought of Ogonna being single and thirty was as troubling to my 22-year-old mind as the idea that such a thing could happen to just about anyone. And then the years went by. In all the futures I imagined for myself, there was never one where I turned thirty and was sitting behind a small wooden bench with work that seemed to hold no meaning and a singleness I could not outgrow. So, the day I turned thirty, I convinced myself this was the greatest failure of my life. This awkward, word-eating, can’t-believe-it fact of singleness. My thirty-year-old plan was a thriving career along with marriage and kids, and I no longer knew how to adjust the script as I went along.
Read full article <<https://theladysroom.ng/single-and-thirty-something/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

15 Reasons Why People Who Fall In Love In College Make The Absolute Best Couples / Weird Habits That Interest Your Partner. / How To Stop Being A Playbody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.