Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,653 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) (76823 Views)

Cleric, Bride’s Father Disagree On Who Should Declare Marriage Has Taken Place / Abuja Bride Cancels Wedding After Finding Out Groom Slept With Bridesmaid / Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by gistsky: 12:01pm On Nov 04, 2018
Do d right thing and stop giving excuses. He should have honoured d meeting and delegated some persons to handle his excuse.

1 Like

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by PierreAbutu(m): 12:01pm On Nov 04, 2018
GisterBlogger:
A couple's wedding day turned to a sad one after the bride's father abruptly called off the occassion.

According to reports, Oluwaseun Adugbe's father called off her wedding to Tunji Curtis, her fiance of five years and the father of her five year old child.

Tunji had arrived Ibadan with his family and friends to marry the love of his life but to his uttermost shock, his father in-law told him point blank that the wedding had been called off.

When asked why he took such a rash decision, the father, Mr Adugbe who is a native of Edo state, told the groom that he failed to honor a meeting he called for on Friday which should have preceded the wedding on Saturday.

A distraught Tunji told Tribune that he was shocked at his fiancee's father's decision

“This is shocking. I don’t believe this is truly happening, because my wife and I had no issues at all and I can’t remember having any issue with her father. In fact, I sent money to her father last week Thursday as part of my contributions towards the wedding. I asked my father in-law what went wrong; he told me that I failed to honour a meeting yesterday. I tried to explain to him that I was extremely busy making sure that everything was in place so that we could have a smooth celebration.”[/i]Tunji said

Asked what his next plans would be, Tunji simply said: “ Right now, I just want to forget about this drama and cool off. I will think of the next thing to do when I wake up tomorrow.”

Tunji’s elder sister, Abibat, who came to Ibadan with about 15 persons, including family members and friends, said she was disappointed by the actions of the bride’s family, adding that

“[i]You can imagine the excuse that they gave for the cancellation of the wedding. I have never seen any family that is as irresponsible as this. I don’t blame them; I blame our son, who took the wrong step. The wedding is over and we will be going back to Lagos anytime from now,” [/i]she lamented.

Another member of the family, Olayinka Ogunbajo, who brought the wedding cake from Lagos said the family members met the father of the bride on their arrival from Lagos with the cake, saying

“[i]the father told us where we would keep the cake on Friday. He welcomed us heartily into his house and there was no reason for us to think otherwise. On getting here this morning, we were told that the wedding had been called off. I am speechless.”

Efforts to speak with the bride’s father proved abortive as he declined comment. The bride also declined comment.

BY GISTMORE - http://gistmore.com/drama-brides-father-cancels-wedding-d-day-ibadan-photos

Lalasticlala mynd44

Silly old man
We understand spiritual things than most of these NL indomie lads

If u have a covenant with a cult or confraternity, to d effect that you will die if she ever gets married now is confession time oooooo

My only annoyance is that most of d groom's people are not spiritually discerning angry

1 Like

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by malel1: 12:02pm On Nov 04, 2018
Xaos:

What an egoistic man for a father.

Dude cancelled the wedding because his soon to be son in-law didn't turned out to be the ass licker like he hoped.

Wedding between two adults! Nah he has no right to cancel unless the zombie couples didn't want to be together in the first place. undecided

It happens that what the world has turn into
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 04, 2018
bettercreature:
They dont.But this is africa
says who? they have every right, if d father refuse the bride price then the girl cannot marry.. and traditional marriage is what the Bible recognize. the groom must seek the consent of the brides family and the brides family must agree b4 anything.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Divay22(f): 12:02pm On Nov 04, 2018
JasonScoolari:
Hmmmm, 12'oclock church. cheesy
We have program tongue
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Billion2612(m): 12:03pm On Nov 04, 2018
Life drama
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Conceptman: 12:03pm On Nov 04, 2018
I hope the father can see th shame he brought on himself and his family .
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by JasonScoolari: 12:07pm On Nov 04, 2018
Divay22:

We have program tongue
Yeah, I remember. it's a special programme for those who have not been attending church from the beginning of this year.

We did the same programme in our church last Sunday.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by xtervaganza(m): 12:08pm On Nov 04, 2018
Interesting15:
This is unpleasant...

Anyways, Happy Sunday people. The message I was asked to give is to remind you that JESUS CHRIST loves you so much and wants a relationship with you. Accept Him as LORD and Savior of your life, and it shall be well with you. Amen
meh!
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Exodora: 12:08pm On Nov 04, 2018
I call it respect .The young man disrespected the father in-law , is this the type of excuses he will be giving when they are finally married other men should learn from this .I will do same if i find myself in the same shoe.

1 Like

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by MobilityExpress: 12:09pm On Nov 04, 2018
This guy doesn’t know what God just saved him from. He better go back to lagos and distribute the food to the poor as a thanksgiving offering. His real wife was probably praying all night at Shiloh, so an angel gave the fake father-in-law to be a brain reset slap, so the man just quickly cancelled the wedding like some people cancel their Uber ride grin PS: it’s only a joke

3 Likes

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Tyndalejane: 12:09pm On Nov 04, 2018
Na additional money d man dey find and him pride nor fit allow am talk. In need of SPORTING EQUIPMENTS hala or WhatsApp 08100994870.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Mbediogu(m): 12:09pm On Nov 04, 2018
One yeye pastor or juju man advised against the marriage in the last minute.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by omooba969(m): 12:10pm On Nov 04, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
After she has dropped one kid for the man? Where I come from dem go dey pet the man make him marry the lady sharply.

Where do you come from please?

I mean no harm, trust me.smiley
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 04, 2018
extralargehead:
Please send some of the Food across .More seriously, the groom should know that these old men hold customs and culture above every other thing. So if the customs demanded for the meeting ,he should have honoured it. What a hard way to learn!!!.

Fvck Your stupid customs... What happened to simple respect and consideration for those coming from afar, who have risked their lives and spent money to honour this occasion.
This useless father just humiliated his whole household due to his poverty stricken ego disguised as a custom. He didn't even think of the money spent by his daughter and her husband to be, or the feelings of his future in laws.
What a wasteful and irresponsible family.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by bettercreature(m): 12:10pm On Nov 04, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
says who? they have every right, if d father refuse the bride price then the girl cannot marry.. and traditional marriage is what the Bible recognize. the groom must seek the consent of the brides family and the brides family must agree b4 anything.
We dont need to argue.Just send your potential husband away if is not loved by your family

1 Like

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by vikendios(m): 12:12pm On Nov 04, 2018
GisterBlogger:
A couple's wedding day turned to a sad one after the bride's father abruptly called off the occassion.

According to reports, Oluwaseun Adugbe's father called off her wedding to Tunji Curtis, her fiance of five years and the father of her five year old child.

Tunji had arrived Ibadan with his family and friends to marry the love of his life but to his uttermost shock, his father in-law told him point blank that the wedding had been called off.

When asked why he took such a rash decision, the father, Mr Adugbe who is a native of Edo state, told the groom that he failed to honor a meeting he called for on Friday which should have preceded the wedding on Saturday.

A distraught Tunji told Tribune that he was shocked at his fiancee's father's decision

“This is shocking. I don’t believe this is truly happening, because my wife and I had no issues at all and I can’t remember having any issue with her father. In fact, I sent money to her father last week Thursday as part of my contributions towards the wedding. I asked my father in-law what went wrong; he told me that I failed to honour a meeting yesterday. I tried to explain to him that I was extremely busy making sure that everything was in place so that we could have a smooth celebration.”[/i]Tunji said

Asked what his next plans would be, Tunji simply said: “ Right now, I just want to forget about this drama and cool off. I will think of the next thing to do when I wake up tomorrow.”

Tunji’s elder sister, Abibat, who came to Ibadan with about 15 persons, including family members and friends, said she was disappointed by the actions of the bride’s family, adding that

“[i]You can imagine the excuse that they gave for the cancellation of the wedding. I have never seen any family that is as irresponsible as this. I don’t blame them; I blame our son, who took the wrong step. The wedding is over and we will be going back to Lagos anytime from now,” [/i]she lamented.

Another member of the family, Olayinka Ogunbajo, who brought the wedding cake from Lagos said the family members met the father of the bride on their arrival from Lagos with the cake, saying

“[i]the father told us where we would keep the cake on Friday. He welcomed us heartily into his house and there was no reason for us to think otherwise. On getting here this morning, we were told that the wedding had been called off. I am speechless.”

Efforts to speak with the bride’s father proved abortive as he declined comment. The bride also declined comment.

BY GISTMORE - http://gistmore.com/drama-brides-father-cancels-wedding-d-day-ibadan-photos

Lalasticlala mynd44

They shouldn't waste all that rice o. That's my own.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 04, 2018
omooba969:

Where do you come from please?

I mean no harm, trust me.smiley
Igbo land.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by vikendios(m): 12:14pm On Nov 04, 2018
The man has found another 'husband' for his daughter, and he is richer.

Quote me. smiley

1 Like

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 04, 2018
bettercreature:
We dont need to argue.Just send your potential husband away if is not loved by your family
As a lady, if your family don't love your fiancée, then ask them their reason, if their reason dose not make sense.. then u have to make a way for u and ur suppose husband. the situation can be handle with prayer and humility and with time they will get to love him. in case u don't know your father must give consent b4 marriage.. ask any elder in your family for more clarification.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Divay22(f): 12:16pm On Nov 04, 2018
JasonScoolari:
Yeah, I remember. it's a special programme for those who have not been attending church from the beginning of this year.

We did the same programme in our church last Sunday.
Lol
And you attended right wink

I saw your post were you said, you wanna skip church cause of boobs angry
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by piagetskinner(m): 12:18pm On Nov 04, 2018
so 'embarrassful'...chai
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by JasonScoolari: 12:19pm On Nov 04, 2018
Divay22:

Lol
And you attended right wink

I saw your post were you said, you wanna skip church cause of boobs angry
Yeah, but God sent his angels to chase me out of the house and straight to the church. tongue
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by omooba969(m): 12:19pm On Nov 04, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Igbo land.

But you'll agree there are exceptions, especially when the babymama isn't willing to settle down with babyfather - will she be forced to marry him?
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by pek(m): 12:21pm On Nov 04, 2018
Xaos:

What an egoistic man for a father.

Dude cancelled the wedding because his soon to be son in-law didn't turned out to be the ass licker like he hoped.

Wedding between two adults! Nah he has no right to cancel unless the zombie couples didn't want to be together in the first place. undecided

couple and not couples.

2 Likes

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by cmecproblem(m): 12:21pm On Nov 04, 2018
Not once not twice not thrice more than 10 times in my lifetime, I have heard this gist and its only edo state father in laws that do this,same story, the day before father in law all smiles laughing with everyone, pure evil....

1 Like

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 04, 2018
MobilityExpress:
This guy doesn’t know what God just saved him from. He better go back to lagos and distribute the food to the poor as a thanksgiving offering. His real wife was probably praying all night at Shiloh, so an angel gave the fake father-in-law to be a brain reset slap, so the man just quickly cancelled the wedding like some people cancel their Uber ride grin PS: it’s only a joke
Like you said, it's only a joke but you may be making a very strong point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by ogunnoikitaiwo(m): 12:22pm On Nov 04, 2018
SINZ:
Who will eat all that fried meat cry
they there if u go ask them for meat they w say no meat again...
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by 12345baba(m): 12:22pm On Nov 04, 2018
Make them pass the meat and drinks come first before we investigate
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Ziel20: 12:23pm On Nov 04, 2018
This is ludicrous.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Anotii(m): 12:25pm On Nov 04, 2018
extralargehead:
Please send some of the Food across .More seriously, the groom should know that these old men hold customs and culture above every other thing. So if the customs demanded for the meeting ,he should have honoured it. What a hard way to learn!!!.
Let the custom marry the girl, case closed!

1 Like

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:27pm On Nov 04, 2018
The father is fvcking the daughter. So he is not happy another man wants to take her away from him. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day-why Is She Doing This To Herself? / Man Weds 2 Ladies In Delta On The Same Day, Photos Go Viral / OMG: Wedding Palava: See Dressing Ooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.