Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) (76807 Views)

Cleric, Bride’s Father Disagree On Who Should Declare Marriage Has Taken Place / Abuja Bride Cancels Wedding After Finding Out Groom Slept With Bridesmaid / Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by GistFullGround: 1:09pm On Nov 04, 2018
osagix:
DOES THE BRIDES FATHER HAVE THE RIGHT TO CANCELL THE WEDDING. YES, HE HAS FULL RIGHT!
TAKE A CUE FROM JACOBS MARRIAGE TO RACHEL IN THE BIBLE.
WHY DID THE YOUNG MAN REFUSED TO HONOR THE CALL FOR MEETING BY THE BRIDES FATHER. HE THOUGHT HE COULD BLACKMAIL EVERYONE AND BULLDOZE HIS WAY INTO INTO MARRIAGE ON THE WEDDING DAY?, RUBBISH
WHAT IF THE FATHER HAD SOME SACRED INFO TO DISCUSS WITH POSSIBLE IMPACT TO THE MARRIAGE.
OBEDIENCE IS BETTER THAN SACRIFICE! !

Thank you for your insight.
People are just being judgemental and sentimental and do not see a valid reason why a father should cancel a wedding on the wedding day.
As long as the girl still bears the father's name, she must do the biddings of her father, until she gets married. In this case, she is not married!
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by baby124: 1:10pm On Nov 04, 2018
When parents play God in their children’s lives. He just destroyed his daughters happy day all because he wants to prove a point to stroke his ego. Something is very wrong with this man in the head. The grooms family will run away for real now. After seeing such unnecessary pride and stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by omooba969(m): 1:10pm On Nov 04, 2018
frenzyduchess:
so its only Edo people that cancel marriages? undecided

You failed to answer my question & that speaks volume...

Byesmiley
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by udanpo(m): 1:12pm On Nov 04, 2018
I think there is serious ritual to perform. Thank God the guy didn't show on Friday.
If not nothing warrant that decision. I can hear that girl singing
... Am back home
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by GistFullGround: 1:15pm On Nov 04, 2018
justscorchone:
No be Edo again? Avoid Edo and Delta if you want to live long.

You have a shallow mind!!!

You are someone, who is born into a tribe, go to school into that tribe, marry into the tribe, live life within that tribe.

You are not exposed and may die in ignorance

It is showing clearly in your utterances.

I was born an Edo, went to school in Edo and Ibadan, married a very beautiful lady from Abeokuta (who was born in Ibadan), live in America.

Now you can see I am exposed to different cultures and not you, who live in a box!
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by omooba969(m): 1:17pm On Nov 04, 2018
GistFullGround:

My brother/sister, marriage is not something that should be toyed with. It's a journey of no return that's Edo fathers warn their daughters, "If this is the man you want to marry, and you go ahead to marry him, you must NEVER come back home to say it is over o", some girls do not listen to this advice but end up divorced.

I believe focusing the interview on the Groom, and his sister is an attempt to paint the bride's family bad. What happened to the bride? Why was she not interviewed? Does she not have a sister or brother or family member too?

The writer should go back and ask the father, the bride and one other neutral person why the wedding was canceled, this will be fair and balanced. But I can guarantee you that that groom has a skeleton in his cupboard, which was brought to light to the bride's father late.

Would you allow your daughter to marry someone, who is jobless?

I respect whatever opinion you may hold but what you typed up there are mere assumptions coz Op mentioned that the bride's family members were sought after for answers to this development but failed to make themselves available for comments nor provided any explanations.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by madami123: 1:19pm On Nov 04, 2018
The haters be like

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by dododawa1: 1:21pm On Nov 04, 2018
Kennitrust:
the man is simply wicked
Whay of u
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by GistFullGround: 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2018
omooba969:

I respect whatever opinion you may hold but what you typed up there are mere assumptions coz Op mentioned that the bride's family members were sought after for answers to this development but failed to make themselves available for comments nor provided any explanations.

The story said, "When asked why he took such a rash decision, the father, Mr Adugbe who is a native of Edo state, told the groom that he failed to honor a meeting he called for on Friday which should have preceded the wedding on Saturday."

The OP never asked any family member...

By the way, how can an OP ask an angry elder, "what happened?", instead of getting information from the people around him?

Well, if you read my opinion, I started by saying "Maybe", because I am not an authority on the goings-on in the family. But I am so sure there is more than meets the eye in this matter, so we must not cast aspersion on the bride's father or family.

2 Likes

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by SeriouslySense(m): 1:26pm On Nov 04, 2018
Nigerians have voted for their presidential candidate and they endorse AAC, Omoyele Sowore, to see this video, check youtube, type the following
​"Nigerians in diaspora endorse Omoyele Sowore for President as Sowore floor Atiku, Buhari, others"

follow NELSON M46664, subscribe and hit the bell for updates
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by darlenese(f): 1:27pm On Nov 04, 2018
the bride is the one who called off the wedding, he is using the father. women are not predictable.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by bombim(m): 1:27pm On Nov 04, 2018
that father na bad man
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Arkayn: 1:28pm On Nov 04, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
says who? they have every right, if d father refuse the bride price then the girl cannot marry.. and traditional marriage is what the Bible recognize. the groom must seek the consent of the brides family and the brides family must agree b4 anything.

Just look at the dumb statement you just made: “traditional marriage is what the Bible recognize.” When did we start using bible, less than 100 years ago but suddenly that has become our tradition? Why are Africans so stupid? Why do we have pride in our own things?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Arkayn: 1:30pm On Nov 04, 2018
osagix:
DOES THE BRIDES FATHER HAVE THE RIGHT TO CANCELL THE WEDDING. YES, HE HAS FULL RIGHT!
WHY DID THE YOUNG MAN REFUSED TO HONOR THE CALL FOR MEETING BY THE BRIDES FATHER. HE THOUGHT HE COULD BLACKMAIL EVERYONE AND BULLDOZE HIS WAY INTO INTO MARRIAGE ON THE WEDDING DAY?, RUBBISH
WHAT IF THE FATHER HAD SOME SACRED INFO TO DISCUSS WITH POSSIBLE IMPACT TO THE MARRIAGE.

Stop quoting the Bible like sheep!!! We are Africans. Since when did we start using this so called Bible?
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by blackmercyvelli(m): 1:34pm On Nov 04, 2018
I no go gree oh , l no go gree oh
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by GistFullGround: 1:34pm On Nov 04, 2018
I am full-fledged and proudly Edo, who is married to a Yoruba lady since 2002 (May God continue to bless her too/million times).

We dated for a year and everybody in her family (Father, Mother, Brothers, Sisters, Uncles, Aunties, Cousins etc) knew what I did for a living, even people in her neighborhood knew what I did for a living. Even the family members they really don't like, I insisted we go and visit them, so we traveled, and traveled and traveled; it was like an adventure because Yoruba land is very big. I loved every part of it, it was fun and I got to know so many places and people. Mind you, we also visited my beloved Edo State.

People in her church knew what I did for a living, her friends knew what I did for a living but today, it's all about Fiance and Fiancee, who want to live like the Oyinbo people. They don't want to put in any effort into knowing who they intend to marry. What we see now is "as long as I get you pregnant, you will be fine"
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by mascot87(m): 1:35pm On Nov 04, 2018
Interesting15:
This is unpleasant...

Anyways, Happy Sunday people. The message I was asked to give is to remind you that JESUS CHRIST loves you so much and wants a relationship with you. Accept Him as LORD and Savior of your life, and it shall be well with you. Amen

Amen
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by olanje: 1:37pm On Nov 04, 2018
Afonja Ajoke �
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by blackmercyvelli(m): 1:44pm On Nov 04, 2018
Osho baba come and see what your brother did to another amosu family again
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 1:52pm On Nov 04, 2018
Rubbish! I ate this kind of nonsense
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 1:54pm On Nov 04, 2018
osagix:
my friend shut the fok up
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by JuanDeDios: 1:55pm On Nov 04, 2018
Olalan:
The father isn't telling the true story behind his absurd action
Possible. Could also be there's no good reason. Might just be a show of na-me-be-this.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by grandstar(m): 1:57pm On Nov 04, 2018
The father strikes me as the possessive and domineering type. He still wants to maintain a grip on his daughter after marriage hence the request for the in-law to meet him just a day before the wedding.

Imagine that!
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Divay22(f): 1:57pm On Nov 04, 2018
JasonScoolari:
Yeah, but God sent his angels to chase me out of the house and straight to the church. tongue
Na so cool
You went and you continued from where you stopped abi cheesy
Clap for yourself
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by bobokunlexzy: 1:59pm On Nov 04, 2018
Something fishy has happened....cos something diabolic is involved. Check the bride's father wella, he must surely be a cultist probably Ogboni confraternity.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by stasius: 2:02pm On Nov 04, 2018
Just take her to court if she is interested.

Get a court marriage and ignore the other morons. Marriage is betweeen you and your wife not between you and her father.
Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by victorian(f): 2:03pm On Nov 04, 2018
Next time, he won't ignore family meeting called by the father in-law.

It's height of disrespect sha

At least he could have called the dad on phone before time of the meeting, if they reschedule the meeting or possibly brief him on phone. At least with such act, the father in-law will see the son In law, as well trained.
If any of my in-laws or even elder ones call me for a meeting and I can't make it? I always place a call to make them understand I won't be available then and can I briefed about it on phone? If the head says no, unless I come.. I will then request what if I make it later that day? It's that simple. The in-laws won't feel one is proud or disrespectful.

1 Like

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Newlifestyle: 2:04pm On Nov 04, 2018
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by AleAirHub(m): 2:04pm On Nov 04, 2018
grin
frenzyduchess:
My father better not try this to me sha. He will marry me undecided

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by AleAirHub(m): 2:07pm On Nov 04, 2018
God bless you for your wonderful reply.
GistFullGround:

You have a shallow mind!!!

You are someone, who is born into a tribe, go to school into that tribe, marry into the tribe, live life within that tribe.

You are not exposed and may die in ignorance

It is showing clearly in your utterances.

I was born an Edo, went to school in Edo and Ibadan, married a very beautiful lady from Abeokuta (who was born in Ibadan), live in America.

Now you can see I am exposed to different cultures and not you, who live in a box!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by stevups(m): 2:15pm On Nov 04, 2018
Your in-law invited you for a meeting, you ignored it in the name of busy schedule. Habah!! You did not do well sir.

1 Like

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Uguruzik(m): 2:20pm On Nov 04, 2018
VERY WRONG FATHER, MAKING THINGS DIFFICULT FOR HIS DAUGHTER

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day-why Is She Doing This To Herself? / Man Weds 2 Ladies In Delta On The Same Day, Photos Go Viral / OMG: Wedding Palava: See Dressing Ooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.