Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,433 members, 7,812,285 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) - Events (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) (76818 Views)

Cleric, Bride’s Father Disagree On Who Should Declare Marriage Has Taken Place / Abuja Bride Cancels Wedding After Finding Out Groom Slept With Bridesmaid / Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by poseidon12: 4:45pm On Nov 04, 2018
emmytech2:
So sad, but guy you should have honoured his invitation or call him even if you are too busy, that shows a responsible Son inlaw.

Exactly. Just a Phone call to explain that he couldn't make it to the meeting would have prevented this embarrassment.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by pitsonbay: 4:48pm On Nov 04, 2018
Inefficiency eficha Ukwu Otele
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by omooba969(m): 4:53pm On Nov 04, 2018
pitsonbay:
Inefficiency eficha Ukwu Otele

Meaning?
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by darlenese(f): 4:55pm On Nov 04, 2018
omooba969:

So the father is now a robot ehn.undecided
Your thought process though....grin

that we do not reason alike, is why we are unique.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by darlenese(f): 4:56pm On Nov 04, 2018
omooba969:

So the father is now a robot ehn.undecided
Your thought process though....grin

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by omooba969(m): 4:58pm On Nov 04, 2018
darlenese:

Ok, bye.grin
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 04, 2018
Mr tunji, Family meetings precedding a wedding are very important, they cannot be avoided, by refusing to attend the meeting you dishonor the father and the brides family, that cannt be condoned.

Your money is useless, this is not an afonja wedding where men reason with their pricks. angry

And dont expect a refund. cool
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2018
omooba969:

What do you think could probably be the reason he 'deliberately skipped'(quoting your words) the meeting?

There must have been some casual discussions earlier on concerning a sensitive issue they probably disagreed on or didn't entirely agree on. The old man may have wanted to get a firm promise, an assurance, a commitment about the issue on the eve of the wedding, so he can hold the young man to his words if he violated it.

It could be that he won't take a second wife, he won't maltreat the girl, he will do a court wedding to make the marriage legal etc. The boy, not wanting to commit, tried to smartly dodge the meeting, so that after the girl becomes his wife, he would tell the old man off!

Men take their daughter's wedding more seriously, as she's changing surname and keeper. They always want to get certain assurances from the prospective son-in-law, especially given what's happening in society now.

2 Likes

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by HIPROFILE(m): 5:08pm On Nov 04, 2018
imaging this fools... a father was not too busy to train his daughter from birth till she grown a marriable woman. and a dumb ass man became too busy with wedding plans to attend a day meeting with expectant father in-law which supposedly a crucial part of whole thing.

though his action is harsh but then the root cause.

The man possibly considered his negligence or absent to the meeting as insulting, disobedient, arrogant and humiliating.

He should have aligned with the man prior to coming with his people...
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by omooba969(m): 5:08pm On Nov 04, 2018
WritePal:

There must have been some casual discussions earlier on concerning a sensitive issue they probably disagreed on or didn't entirely agree on. The old man may have wanted to get a firm promise, an assurance, a commitment about the issue on the eve of the wedding, so he can hold the young man to his words if he violated it.

It could be that he won't take a second wife, he won't maltreat the girl, he will do a court wedding to make the marriage legal etc. The boy, not wanting to commit, tried to smartly dodge the meeting, so that after the girl becomes his wife, he would tell the old man off!

Men take their daughter's wedding more seriously, as she's changing surname and keeper. They always want to get certain assurances from the prospective son-in-law, especially given what's happening in society now.

Is the meeting' usually about this sort of example/instance you have mentioned above?
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 04, 2018
Arkayn:

Just look at the dumb statement you just made: “traditional marriage is what the Bible recognize.” When did we start using bible, less than 100 years ago but suddenly that has become our tradition? Why are Africans so stupid? Why do we have pride in our own things?
even if you keep d Bible aside, b4 Africa was colonize, everything we did then was traditionally, white marriage was not recognized. even common sense will tell you that we aught to take permission from our parents b4 getting married because they are our earthly parents and of which they deserve to be respected. even if they are wrong we still need to respect them, wisdom is everything. sometimes we have to act foolishly to prove what is right. of course the brides father might be wrong but wisdom is profitable to direct, two wrongs don't make a right.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by HIPROFILE(m): 5:10pm On Nov 04, 2018
WritePal:

You deh reason well my brother dont mind all this children coming here to insult the man am even suprised at the comments from the grooms sister so immature
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 04, 2018
omooba969:

When you travel far and wide, I mean beyond the shores of Nigeria you'll realise that parents don't just trump the decisions of their children. smiley

The consequences can be...grin We will get there.
abi..? my dear this is Nigeria and we are talking about Nigeria culture. let's stop imitating other countries and keep our dignity and culture with high self-esteem and pride.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 04, 2018
GistFullGround:

Thank you for your insight.
People are just being judgemental and sentimental and do not see a valid reason why a father should cancel a wedding on the wedding day.
As long as the girl still bears the father's name, she must do the biddings of her father, until she gets married. In this case, she is not married!
She is married traditional wedding was done before the church wedding.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by omooba969(m): 5:16pm On Nov 04, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
abi..? my dear this is Nigeria and we are talking about Nigeria culture. let's stop imitating other countries and keep our dignity and culture with high self-esteem and pride.

Some aspects of our culture, tradition & customs are incongruous with modern day aspirations.

We need a significant shift from the barbaric stuff. cool
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 04, 2018
Arkayn:

Just look at the dumb statement you just made: “traditional marriage is what the Bible recognize.” When did we start using bible, less than 100 years ago but suddenly that has become our tradition? Why are Africans so stupid? Why do we have pride in our own things?
The couple in question are Christians. Christianity has most of it's doctrines from the bible. The bible never condemned traditional wedding in fact it supported it. Traditional wedding was the recognized wedding the bible mentioned in many cases not church wedding.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by omooba969(m): 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
even if you keep d Bible aside, b4 Africa was colonize, everything we did then was traditionally, white marriage was not recognized. even common sense will tell you that we aught to take permission from our parents b4 getting married because they are our earthly parents and of which they deserve to be respected. even if they are wrong we still need to respect them, wisdom is everything. sometimes we have to act foolishly to prove what is right. of course the brides father might be wrong but wisdom is profitable to direct, two wrongs don't make a right.

We Africans must be very respectful grin this is why we cheer our rogue polithiefcians on, even though they are wrong...cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nonsense! undecided
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2018
Arkayn:

Stop quoting the Bible like sheep!!! We are Africans. Since when did we start using this so called Bible?
The couple are Christians. The rule guiding Christianity is the bible. Forget that stupid assumption of "we are Africans". If the bible didn't support traditional wedding, it would have stated it there.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by oruma19: 5:22pm On Nov 04, 2018
these are the kind of men that Bleep their daughters. idiot.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 04, 2018
omooba969:

You failed to answer my question & that speaks volume...

Byesmiley
I don't reply bigots ,bye too undecided
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by omooba969(m): 5:24pm On Nov 04, 2018
frenzyduchess:
I don't reply bigots ,bye too undecided

I asked if you're from Edo as well & all of a sudden that makes me a bigot....wow!grin

You're amazing honey! kiss

Bye
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by omooba969(m): 5:25pm On Nov 04, 2018
oruma19:
these are the kind of men that Bleep their daughters. idiot.

Lolcheesy
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by omooba969(m): 5:26pm On Nov 04, 2018
asuustrike1:

The couple are Christians. The rule guiding Christianity is the bible. Forget that stupid assumption of "we are Africans". If the bible didn't support traditional wedding, it would have stated it there.

That wrestles with the point you're trying to get across.

Of course we are Africans! cool
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 04, 2018
omooba969:

Is the meeting' usually about this sort of example/instance you have mentioned above?

Yes, omooba, more or less.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 04, 2018
omooba969:

I asked if you're from Edo as well & all of a sudden that makes me a bigot....wow!grin

You're amazing honey! kiss

Bye
so because the man is from Edo everyone who comments must be from Edo ,shift abeg make I see front . undecided. Don't mention me again. Thanks.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 04, 2018
WritePal:
A man is giving away his daughter to another man to take over her care, he calls for a father to son and you say you were busy I will do the same over and over again. The young dude deliberately skipped the Friday meeting. He thought he was wiser than the old man so he can do whatever he likes with his daughter. He wanted to play a fast one on the old man. Yeye boy angry
Taking such harsh decision affects the bride more than the groom. The groom's father in-law is mischievous hence I advice the groom to forget about the wedding. Whatever that can't be settled during traditional wedding shouldn't rise up on church wedding.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by omooba969(m): 5:35pm On Nov 04, 2018
frenzyduchess:
so because the man is from Edo everyone who comments must be from Edo ,shift abeg make I see front . undecided. Don't mention me again. Thanks.

If I stated clearly that you're from Edo, then I may be wrong or perceived as misguided but in this instance I asked if you're from Edo in response to your comment & I feel a simple YES/NO would have saved you&I this fuckery you started.

This is paranoia & you don't have to take out your frustration on moi. grin

Bye
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 04, 2018
omooba969:

That wrestles with the point you're trying to get across.

Of course we are Africans! cool
The bible is the standard for Christians. The same principle applies to all in any part of the world ( Christians globally)
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2018
poseidon12:

Exactly. Just a Phone call to explain that he couldn't make it to the meeting would have prevented this embarrassment.
My brother there is no excuse whatsoever the father has to justify his actions. Whatever can't be settled on traditional wedding shouldn't rise up on church or court wedding.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by omooba969(m): 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2018
asuustrike1:

The bible is the standard for Christians. The same principle applies to all in any part of the world ( Christians globally)

I am not disputing this but you can refer back to the line I quoted. smiley
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 04, 2018
omooba969:

I am not disputing this but you can refer back to the line I quoted. smiley
Go Sidon cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by omooba969(m): 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2018
asuustrike1:

Go Sidon cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lolcheesy

Peacesmiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day-why Is She Doing This To Herself? / Man Weds 2 Ladies In Delta On The Same Day, Photos Go Viral / OMG: Wedding Palava: See Dressing Ooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.