Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,588 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) (76839 Views)

Cleric, Bride’s Father Disagree On Who Should Declare Marriage Has Taken Place / Abuja Bride Cancels Wedding After Finding Out Groom Slept With Bridesmaid / Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by omooba969(m): 12:27pm On Nov 04, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
says who? they have every right, if d father refuse the bride price then the girl cannot marry.. and traditional marriage is what the Bible recognize. the groom must seek the consent of the brides family and the brides family must agree b4 anything.

What most of you fail to realise is that we also have instances where the bride may need to seek the consent of the groom's family, especially when the groom's family members are so strong-willed.

I think if the table turns, this kind of bullshît will stop.

Although common stuff is groom's family seeking approval. smiley
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by sirusX(m): 12:28pm On Nov 04, 2018
If I had travelled for that wedding na to wait item 7 sure pass. We cannot come and be going with empty belle

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 12:29pm On Nov 04, 2018
What was so important about the said meeting that the groom missed that made the father cancel the wedding actually needs to be explained.

Maybe there are sm unresolved issues to be discussed b4 the wedding can hold. Then the groom needs to go iron that out. Simple.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 04, 2018
No be Edo again? Avoid Edo and Delta if you want to live long.

3 Likes

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by tomdon(m): 12:30pm On Nov 04, 2018
Who will suffer at the end
Some men are utterly foolish beyond redemption
Their children's happiness which will invariably translate to be their own happiness is not important to them but their ego
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by ezugegere(m): 12:33pm On Nov 04, 2018
The lady might be pregnant for another man
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 04, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
After she has dropped one kid for the man? Where I come from dem go dey pet the man make him marry the lady sharply.

That's on a normal standard operating situation....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by omooba969(m): 12:37pm On Nov 04, 2018
cmecproblem:
Not once not twice not thrice more than 10 times in my lifetime, I have heard this gist and its only edo state father in laws that do this,same story, the day before father in law all smiles laughing with everyone, pure evil....

Bad P.R for Edo people.grin
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 04, 2018
omooba969:

But you'll agree there are exceptions, especially when the babymama isn't willing to settle down with babyfather - will she be forced to marry him?
Definitely not.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 04, 2018
1StopRudeness:

That's on a normal standard operating situation....
Ok
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by GistFullGround: 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2018
[b]Maybe the father got an information late about the groom so he wanted the groom to clarify it e.g 419, Ritualism, Armed Robbery etc but the groom dodged and refused to come for the meeting on Friday thinking when he gets there on wedding day, the father would have no choice but to allow the wedding.

You know girls like to lie a lot just to cover-up for their husbands to be. If they are asked "what job does he do?" the girl may say, "he is into business", knowing full well the guy has no job but just a "yahoo-yahoo" guy. The guy's parent may be blinded also because the guy sends them cash every month so the can "chop and clean mouth". Knowing this, the father must have said, "I called this brat to come and explain himself but he thinks he can avoid me, okay we will see..."

If the guy is properly investigated, I can guarantee he has no job!

Now, you can hear the insult poured on the bride's family by the groom 's sister, which has shown the groom's family as being so irresponsible. Who would want their child to marry into such a family? Did you hear the Bride say anything, why was she not interviewed? Don't you think she is so ashamed that her father has known the secret of her fiance?".

Can we just thank God for the father called-off the wedding? [/b]

1 Like

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by omooba969(m): 12:45pm On Nov 04, 2018
jaxxy:
What was so important about the said meeting that the groom missed that made the father cancel the wedding actually needs to be explained.

Maybe there are sm unresolved issues to be discussed b4 the wedding can hold. Then the groom needs to go iron that out. Simple.

I think Edo people on this forum should be educating us on this kind of issue but they are yet to show face. We need to know if this said 'meeting' is customary & shedding light on the significance of such meeting.

Edo people, over to you. grin
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by EDOLUWA: 12:48pm On Nov 04, 2018
Interesting15:
This is unpleasant...

Anyways, Happy Sunday people. The message I was asked to give is to remind you that JESUS CHRIST loves you so much and wants a relationship with you. Accept Him as LORD and Savior of your life, and it shall be well with you. Amen

Yesooo
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by eddie7: 12:49pm On Nov 04, 2018
Olalan:
The father isn't
telling the true story behind his absurd action
Have u heard from the father? Don't conclude on a one-sided story...... I pray that none of us will experience this kind of trauma in Jesus name
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Jgovt(m): 12:49pm On Nov 04, 2018
Truly Tradition demands he should be present but that's If he's free,the brides father is from Edo where Ghost weddings is at the apex so he shouldn't have done that.. For the bride she should go back to welding school so that her Puna won't rust Cox the bad name will follow her.. I believe she has an affair with her Dad
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by wonder233: 12:52pm On Nov 04, 2018
A wedding is the exclusive preserve of the two individuals wanting to get married not bride's father, groom's mother, or village aunt, but Nigerians and backwardness are like 5 and 6, even educated folks will attack what I just said.
Smh

3 Likes

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by GistFullGround: 12:53pm On Nov 04, 2018
decatalyst:
May God preserve us from unforeseen embarrassment.

The husband to be took a wrong step indeed.

You think so?
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by omooba969(m): 12:53pm On Nov 04, 2018
GistFullGround:
Maybe the father got an information late about the groom so he wanted the groom to clarify it e.g 419, Ritualism, Armed Robbery etc but the groom dodged and refused to come for the meeting on friday thinking when he gets there on wedding day, the father would have no choice but to allow the wedding.

Now, you can hear the insult poured on the bride's family by the groom 's sister, which has shown the groom's family as being so irresponsible. Who would want their child to marry into such a family?

Can we just thank God the father called-off the wedding?

You absorbed the bride's family of any blame but quick to point out the reaction of the groom's family - do you expect them to applaud the bride's family?

Is the reason for cancellation tangible to you?

You're not making sense wallahi. undecided
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 04, 2018
DOES THE BRIDES FATHER HAVE THE RIGHT TO CANCELL THE WEDDING. YES, HE HAS FULL RIGHT!
TAKE A CUE FROM JACOBS MARRIAGE TO RACHEL IN THE BIBLE.
WHY DID THE YOUNG MAN REFUSED TO HONOR THE CALL FOR MEETING BY THE BRIDES FATHER. HE THOUGHT HE COULD BLACKMAIL EVERYONE AND BULLDOZE HIS WAY INTO INTO MARRIAGE ON THE WEDDING DAY?, RUBBISH
WHAT IF THE FATHER HAD SOME SACRED INFO TO DISCUSS WITH POSSIBLE IMPACT TO THE MARRIAGE.
OBEDIENCE IS BETTER THAN SACRIFICE! !

1 Like

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by omooba969(m): 12:57pm On Nov 04, 2018
Jgovt:
Truly Tradition demands he should be present but that's If he's free,the brides father is from Edo where Ghost weddings is at the apex so he shouldn't have done that.. For the bride she should go back to welding school so that her Puna won't rust Cox the bad name will follow her.. I believe she has an affair with her Dad

Biko can you shed some light on the bolded text.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Jesuslvzme(m): 12:57pm On Nov 04, 2018
Haba,canceled the wedding this not fair
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 04, 2018
My father better not try this to me sha. He will marry me undecided

1 Like

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Checked86: 1:00pm On Nov 04, 2018
keylo:
There's more to this than meets the eye in this story certainly...
exactly. i am even suspicious of the groom. may be his to-be father in-law found out something about him or his family at the 11th hour

2 Likes

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Oselu28(f): 1:03pm On Nov 04, 2018
Edo men can show unnecessary power
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by omooba969(m): 1:04pm On Nov 04, 2018
osagix:
DOES THE BRIDES FATHER HAVE THE RIGHT TO CANCELL THE WEDDING. YES, HE HAS FULL RIGHT!
TAKE A CUE FROM JACOBS MARRIAGE TO RACHEL IN THE BIBLE.
WHY DID THE YOUNG MAN REFUSED TO HONOR THE CALL FOR MEETING BY THE BRIDES FATHER. HE THOUGHT HE COULD BLACKMAIL EVERYONE AND BULLDOZE HIS WAY INTO INTO MARRIAGE ON THE WEDDING DAY?, RUBBISH!

Can you please educate us on the significance of this 'crucial meeting' for the sake of outsiders dating Edo chicks, who may want to take that step into marriage.

We don't fancy crazy father-in-laws cancelling our weddings - it's total madness. cool
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by omooba969(m): 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2018
frenzyduchess:
My father better not try this to me sha. He will marry me undecided

Are you from Edo too?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by ImaIma1(f): 1:06pm On Nov 04, 2018
God knows that my father will disown me that day because I will leave with my husband.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by GistFullGround: 1:06pm On Nov 04, 2018
omooba969:

You absorbed the bride's family of any blame but quick to point out the reaction of the groom's family - do you expect them to applaud the bride's family?

Is the reason for cancellation tangible to you?

You're not making sense wallahi. undecided

My brother/sister, marriage is not something that should be toyed with. It's a journey of no return that's Edo fathers warn their daughters, "If this is the man you want to marry, and you go ahead to marry him, you must NEVER come back home to say it is over o", some girls do not listen to this advice but end up divorced.

I believe focusing the interview on the Groom, and his sister is an attempt to paint the bride's family bad. What happened to the bride? Why was she not interviewed? Does she not have a sister or brother or family member too?

The writer should go back and ask the father, the bride and one other neutral person why the wedding was canceled, this will be fair and balanced. But I can guarantee you that that groom has a skeleton in his cupboard, which was brought to light to the bride's father late.

Would you allow your daughter to marry someone, who is jobless?

1 Like

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by david22uu(m): 1:08pm On Nov 04, 2018
[quote author=extralargehead post=72670810]Please send some of the Food across .More seriously, the groom should know that these old men hold customs and culture above every other thing. So if the customs demanded for the meeting ,he should have honoured it. What a hard way to learn!!!.[/quotel]

You are a replica of the man... a true father's won't do such... he his not doing the man any harm instead it's a stigma on d daughter... If u are reasoning like this I don't think u will ever move foward...
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 04, 2018
omooba969:

Are you from Edo too?
so its only Edo people that cancel marriages? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by omooba969(m): 1:08pm On Nov 04, 2018
Checked86:
exactly. i am even suspicious of the groom. may be his to-be father in-law found out something about him or his family at the 11th hour

Something like what?undecided Do you realise the couple have a 5yr old already of which I believe both families would probably have some form of relationship.
Re: Drama As Bride's Father Cancels Wedding On D-day In Ibadan (Photos) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 04, 2018
LETS HEAR THE FATHERS SIDE OF THE STORY.
AS YOU ARE AWARE, THE LADY ALREADY HAVE A CHILD OF 5YRS OLD FROM THE SAME MAN?
RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day-why Is She Doing This To Herself? / Man Weds 2 Ladies In Delta On The Same Day, Photos Go Viral / OMG: Wedding Palava: See Dressing Ooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.