Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Can You Get Married Against Your Parent Wish? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Get Married Against Your Parent Wish? (13943 Views)

I Asked Her, Can't Your Parent Provide Basic Needs? Are My Wrong? / ‘I Married My Man Against My Parent’s Wish’ / We GOT Married Against Our Parent Wish And Now.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Get Married Against Your Parent Wish? by katemorris: 6:15pm On Nov 09, 2018
Yes, it's possible to get married against parents wish. However, not always we see what kind of person our partner is, cause those who in love are wearing rose colored glassess. Nevertheless, everyone should listen their hearts, but don't forget about minds. This question is good title for deductive essay as well as great food for thought.
Re: Can You Get Married Against Your Parent Wish? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 09, 2018
It depends on the role they played when one was one growing. I ll say most times, they are right.
Re: Can You Get Married Against Your Parent Wish? by Timagex(m): 6:34pm On Nov 09, 2018
paix:
You're right you know. It's your choice, even if you decide not to take a breath again it's still your choice. But remember, your parents are already married and they're telling you from experience. No good parent will mislead their child into disaster. And for your parents to bless the girl, is that also your choice or theirs?
. But sometimes, parents make choice because of their own selfish interests...

2 Likes

Re: Can You Get Married Against Your Parent Wish? by paix(m): 6:36pm On Nov 09, 2018
Timagex:
. But sometimes, parents make choice because of their own selfish interests...
Do you have such parents?
Re: Can You Get Married Against Your Parent Wish? by mozona(m): 6:52pm On Nov 09, 2018
parents wish mostly work for those that has rich parent, no be poor man pickin wey hustle by himself
Re: Can You Get Married Against Your Parent Wish? by spiceadole: 8:20pm On Nov 09, 2018
djon78:

My dear even as a man it is not safe.
After God na ones parents.
One must need there blessings!!

Why I said so is because bad marriage affects women more.
A man can divorce and remarry as soon as he wishes while a woman takes all the blame and cannot remarry so soon.
Women suffer the consequences of bad marriage, not men
Re: Can You Get Married Against Your Parent Wish? by Timagex(m): 8:55pm On Nov 09, 2018
paix:
I don't. But, I know parents like that
Re: Can You Get Married Against Your Parent Wish? by paix(m): 9:09pm On Nov 09, 2018
Timagex:
I don't. But, I know parents like that
That's why I said no good parent will do that.
Re: Can You Get Married Against Your Parent Wish? by Baso2019: 10:45pm On Nov 09, 2018
paix:

Selfish interests may not just be about money, it could be because they feel they love you so much and wouldn't want you to get married to someone from a distant clan or marry someone they feel will take you out of their control. This is a selfish interest masked with love

2 Likes

Re: Can You Get Married Against Your Parent Wish? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 09, 2018
paix:
You're right you know. It's your choice, even if you decide not to take a breath again it's still your choice. But remember, your parents are already married and they're telling you from experience. No good parent will mislead their child into disaster. And for your parents to bless the girl, is that also your choice or theirs?
So if your parents decide not to bless any girl you want to marry you will remain single lonely and childless Smh Men reasoning like boys Its only people who cannot deferentiate left from right that end up being tossed around Read my signature
Re: Can You Get Married Against Your Parent Wish? by paix(m): 9:57am On Nov 10, 2018
Baso2019:

Selfish interests may not just be about money, it could be because they feel they love you so much and wouldn't want you to get married to someone from a distant clan or marry someone they feel will take you out of their control. This is a selfish interest masked with love
I agree with you to a certain extent. But reasonable parents would always wish you have the best in your marriage not necessarily having you within their control. No parent, especially a mother; would want to see her son being toyed with like a puppet. Although there're parents that would still want to have you under their control even after marriage. Iam not talking about those. Happy weekend.
Re: Can You Get Married Against Your Parent Wish? by paix(m): 10:11am On Nov 10, 2018
Naughtysite:
So if your parents decide not to bless any girl you want to marry you will remain single lonely and childless Smh Men reasoning like boys Its only people who cannot deferentiate left from right that end up being tossed around Read my signature
We're in a free world. Having your parents to bless your marriage does not in any way belittle you as a man, neither does neglecting their blessing make you a bigger boy in any sense. Let's wait and see when your children will come of age and you would want to bless them but they tell you on the face that they don't need your blessing because they are NAUGHTY. How would it taste?
Re: Can You Get Married Against Your Parent Wish? by Biglittlelois(f): 10:35am On Nov 10, 2018
I cant marry against my parents wish or consent, i was prepared to do that recently but then......
Re: Can You Get Married Against Your Parent Wish? by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 10, 2018
paix:
We're in a free world. Having your parents to bless your marriage does not in any way belittle you as a man, neither does neglecting their blessing make you a bigger boy in any sense. Let's wait and see when your children will come of age and you would want to bless them but they tell you on the face that they don't need your blessing because they are NAUGHTY. How would it taste?
What does my online moniker have to do with the topic nothing You simply indulge in doubt because you don't know your left from right When you approach that level of knowledgeYou will know Incase your parents are late don't marry at all
Re: Can You Get Married Against Your Parent Wish? by paix(m): 10:40am On Nov 10, 2018
Naughtysite:
What does my online moniker have to do with the topic nothing You simply indulge in doubt because you don't know your left from right When you approach that level of knowledgeYou will know Incase your parents are late don't marry at all
Yes, my parents are late but I am happily married shielded by their blessing. I pray that you enjoy your parents' blessing before they depart. Good luck.
Re: Can You Get Married Against Your Parent Wish? by JERRY1925(m): 11:55am On Nov 10, 2018
Biglittlelois:
I cant marry against my parents wish or consent, i was prepared to do that recently but then......

What happen
Re: Can You Get Married Against Your Parent Wish? by Biglittlelois(f): 12:31pm On Nov 10, 2018
JERRY1925:

What happen

He was jittery, which made me jittery, so we had to wait.........
Re: Can You Get Married Against Your Parent Wish? by JERRY1925(m): 8:08pm On Nov 10, 2018
Biglittlelois:

He was jittery, which made me jittery, so we had to wait.........

Faced with same.. Her parents want her to get married from their tribe..am just confused.
Re: Can You Get Married Against Your Parent Wish? by Anuoluwapo23(f): 5:52pm On Nov 16, 2018
True shaa
supercent02:
Parents will soon leave this world to their internal home... Then you will be left with your fate! Marry who you think is right for you... Remember marriage is for forever!
Re: Can You Get Married Against Your Parent Wish? by Reeses: 6:41pm On Jan 24, 2019
donbachi:
sure i do.like i just did.marry ur choice not parents choice.

I need to buy you a drink on this one bro.
Re: Can You Get Married Against Your Parent Wish? by donbachi(m): 8:24pm On Jan 24, 2019
Reeses:

I need to buy you a drink on this one bro.
abeg do fast
Re: Can You Get Married Against Your Parent Wish? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 24, 2019
djon78:

You dey mind them.
Why is there so much divorce issues today?
Many just follow there wish and small the thing crashes

I disagree it's simply because most women can't tolerate what women of old took. Most women of old were abused but still stay put, most even died in the process. Divorce is actually an evolution of humanity, if I can't tolerate u any longer, I let go.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Strictly For Ladies / Only Water Can Makes Me With Wet, Unilag Student Says, Shared Sultry Pictures. / My Totally Beautiful Girlfriend Is Extremely Insecure.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.