Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,604 members, 7,851,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:50 PM

My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria (62081 Views)

Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / My Amanchor Cave Adventure And Guide / Adventure In Ireland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by codemaniacs: 4:04pm On Nov 16, 2018
zz

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by gidjah(m): 4:05pm On Nov 16, 2018
mrphysics:

Tonye, I trust you have been to Abuja. Not saying things are better but from the pictures of the roads I saw here, I don't really see anything special to what is in Abuja.

Too much of living in Lagos can also give bad image to Nigeria too. I have been to Lagos several times and the roads are so bad and poor that the picture that the op posted would look like a heavenly picture to most people.

I just want to be fair and objective, we have same road in Abuja as was posted by Op. I can agree with other things.
FCT is a good place to be, though still catching up with modern development, been here for like 10yrs now and I can tell you my IQ and social statis has really improved compare to we're I came from.My investments too... I don't think I would have gotten to this level if I had chosen to remain up north, I guess the challenges I encountered has pretty sharpen me up.So it is with developed nations ,your head go open once you reach there.,ways to better your self by working hard and save more would totally consume you ,thus you wanna get netter.My elder brother has been I'm Manchester for like 8yrs now, the guy financial level don change o, guy works his ass put hard to send the hard currencies over

2 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Felixv: 4:07pm On Nov 16, 2018
Tedpgrass:

Milan is the fashion capital... So yes you will meet lovely beautiful carinas.. They will smile as well.. Not thinking of how to survive with odds greatly stacked against them as our Naija chicks. The Economy may not be very strong but they have Brussels to fall back on, till the Squeeze is cranked up and a 'Greece' situation is created

So being fashionable is an inert thing for most Italian women.

They get up to 2 holidays a year dedicated to spring-cleaning their wardrobes and updating their clothes!!! For crying out loud!

I remember seeing the Italian police for the first time in Rome more than 10yrs ago and wondered why they dressed so smart .

Yes,Italians take fashion very seriously and Milan,especially near lake como is very nice.

I visited Rome -the vatican,the coliseum (which is amazing) and then went to a small village called palombara
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 16, 2018
HarryDuce:
@ The bold. This is what many people think sadly. Your one vote counts brother. There are lots of people following your line of thought. Project that with the population of Nigeria, and you have a whole lot of people whose vote will make a difference only if they vote and vote wisely. Nigeria has a lot of problems, yes. Listing things you will not do is irrelevant in the face of adversity.

My brother I wouldn't be surprised if I dig tru and find out, dat u are not in Nigeria right now as we chat, ,,,,,,

Many Nigeria are lions on social media but very calm in real life, ,,,,everyone with there own view point bro, ,,,d country weak me finish
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by myk2mic: 4:10pm On Nov 16, 2018
EgunMogaji:

grin

Ex Wife #1: US Citizen / White

Ex Wife #2: UK Citizen / White (4 children).

Current Wife: Nigerian Citizen / Black (I have to put this because I have an Indian co worker who was born and raised in Nigeria until the age of 25).

Have been in long term relationships (not just after club romp) with Chinese, Mexican, Swiss, Argentinian citizens.

All women are beautiful in their own right. There are ugly and beautiful people from all races. I suggest that you expand your dating circle.

So na so u take get green card grin
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by rs172(m): 4:13pm On Nov 16, 2018
mogbojaiye:

Am also a corper too

Let's us arrange money...make one of us travel out, ,,and from there the next person travels out too again

Becus 7months to ending of nysc I don't kw my fate yet o

Lolzzzzz...... the country gan self no get future...
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by omoelerin1: 4:13pm On Nov 16, 2018
Everybody knows that Europe is far more developed than Africa. That's not an argument.

But, @op, your exaggeration is too much! From your narration, it will not be difficult for any good observer to know your personality.
From my observation, I can describe you as a somebody who is suffering from low level/poor mentality, low self esteem and inferiority complex. Are you the first person to travel abroad? Those who have been living in Europe for many years do not even have this kind of your mentality. Many that have made it over there are even long to relocate back home.
I don't really understand what you mean by 'their women are very beautiful, neat and do smile'. Does it mean there are no African/Nigerian women who are beautiful and neat? Does it mean Nigerians don't smile? op, something must be wrong with your brain. But there are many whites that prefer getting married to a black African.

How can you be comparing a continent that is not more than 60 years of modern existence with the nations that have developed for centuries. Did you read history at all? Did you aware of Berlin conference of 1882, where these evil people shares African states among one another? Did you aware that the development that Europeans enjoy today, was paid by Africans. Europeans that exploited Africa of its human and natural resources for more than 50 years to develop their continent.

4 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by chukxie(m): 4:17pm On Nov 16, 2018
Mizwisdom:

You ran to Asia and you are here talking? @ least I know I've read from some posts of yours that you don't live here. Our leaders are bad but most people are misdirecting their hate. The OP has a low self worth. It's from his upbringing, no White child/adult will say his race is very stupid. The OP will offer himself into slavery if he can. What I think we need is some self worth. When you travel, if there's anything you feel should be replicated, strive to sell your ideas to peeps who have the financial strength to actualize it if you don't. It's a gold mine but we prefer to complain and abuse, who are we helping by doing this?

Aunty said I ran to Asia. I'm chuckling like a kid up to no good! grin. God knows I love Nigeria walahi! The black race isn't inferior to any other. But when one takes an unbiased look at how things are done in Nigeria, and other sub saharan African countries, wouldn't it be fair to ask if there's something wrong with reasoning faculty of the black man? How can a people have soooooo much yet live in squalid conditions? I've come to a point in life where living abroad no longer gives me the excitement I used to have when I left 'janded'! These days I spend time wishing, and sometimes praying that all the facilities here were in Nigeria. Aunty, if we could have in Nigeria a quarter of the sanity, and amenities that people here have, a lot of Nigerians would gladly stay in Nigeria. I would gladly stay back, too. Nigeria is a blessed country with some of the best people on earth. Honestly we shouldn't be suffering this much and this long. May our leaders have a change of heart for once.

6 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by aadoiza: 4:18pm On Nov 16, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
The problem with u zombies is that ure not in Nigeria,but ure outside campaigning for buhari to continue,why don't u come to Nigeria to enjoy buhari change
Why can't people like you see beyond your noses? Was buhari your president 10yrs ago? Did Nigeria have the quality of life the OP described above? Most of you have been infused with the idea that an individual or a particular political party is responsible for the shiit we're mired in. If you and those with this notion can't mentally break free from such preconceptions, then these selfish leaders without positive vision for the nation will continue their misrule over brainwashed citizens in perpetuity.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by myk2mic: 4:21pm On Nov 16, 2018
Ugosample:

for goodness sake undecided

What kind of reasoning is this bikonu undecided

That's the exactly the kind of probs we have in this nation foolish reasoning such as what the fellow u quoted wrote.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 4:22pm On Nov 16, 2018
omoelerin1:
Everybody knows that Europe is far more developed than Africa. That's not an argument.

But, @op, your exaggeration is too much! From your narration, it will not be difficult for any good observer to know your personality.
From my observation, I can describe you as a somebody who is suffering from low level/poor mentality, low self esteem and inferiority complex. Are you the first person to travel abroad? Those who have been living in Europe for many years do not even have this kind of your mentality. Many that have made it over there are even long to relocate back home.
I don't really understand what you mean by 'their women are very beautiful, neat and do smile'. Does it mean there are no African/Nigerian women who are beautiful and neat? Does it mean Nigerians don't smile? op, something must be wrong with your brain. But there are many whites that prefer getting married to a black African.

How can you be comparing a continent that is not more than 60 years of modern existence with the nations that have developed for centuries. Did you read history at all? Did you aware of Berlin conference of 1882, where these evil people shares African states among one another? Did you aware that the development that Europeans enjoy today, was paid by Africans. Europeans that exploited Africa of its human and natural resources for more than 50 years to develop their continent.

just so you know, most countries in Europe were not involved in colonialism

Britain, France, Spain and Portugal were the major culprits.

yet MOST COUNTRIES in Europe, whether the one that participated in large scale colonialism (like Britain ) or the ones that had a brief stint in Colonialism (like Germany /Italy ) or those that were never involved AT ALL (Like Norway Finland Estonia and Sweden) are developed to a significant extent, tho at varying levels (Like Germany being ahead of Italy for example)

Africans should find another excuse as to why they are still the bottom of everything good in this world

4 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by princfred(m): 4:23pm On Nov 16, 2018
Adakintroy:

Many of you who talk like this are a huge joke. Mandela met his nation worst. But did something that cause a drastic change socio. Polictically. Who's fault is it. We the youth who are now experienced but would rather shift responsibility to our children?. I watch with utmost awe..even the comments are abysmal l. Everyone want exits. The safe bUT coward aproach.

I love my country still. Am dusted yes. But we strife..suffering is a relative concept. 9

With all the beautiful roads food and all that exist to make them happy. They still visit shrinks, they still have the highest divorce rates and sucide rates. Lol. I say flip them over and see real shiit.

Life is all about adaptations people. Learn and do so fast. Whatever doesn't kill you make you stronger. I mean whatever. Relative to you are people living in villages or rural communities
I bet you think their life's are even more miserable. But guess what. They are striving. They marry, give birth, and some live to be 100 and so.

Mind over matter.

Aside what has happened to our mind to be independent and patriotic. We send children abroad to learn they never come back. Where they captured? What happen to orienting them to learn there and when the time is right come back and develope your country wit what you now know. Now imagine how many children of the rich are lost in a white man land never to return. Parents willing giving their wards out to slave and better the white man society. If all of them return one day with what they know it may start a chaim reaction of some sought. But what do I know.

The white man came and bought us aggressively. But now all they need to do is set a bait.

Animal will always migrate for better food source. But even animals know to return to base at the right season.
The risk is, even if they come back, the society prefers to loathe them and whatever knowledge they acquire into doing things the old way than to learn from them and improve. Its a society averse to change and slaves to mundane cultures and old ways.

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by aadoiza: 4:24pm On Nov 16, 2018
chukxie:

Aunty said I ran to Asia. I'm chuckling like a kid up to no good! grin. God knows I love Nigeria walahi! The black race isn't inferior to any other. But when one takes an unbiased look at how things are done in Nigeria, and other sub saharan African countries, wouldn't it be fair to ask if there's something wrong with reasoning faculty of the black man? How can a people have soooooo much yet live in squalid conditions? I've come to a point in life where living abroad no longer gives me the excitement I used to have when I left 'janded'! These days I spend time wishing, and sometimes praying that all the facilities here were in Nigeria. Aunty, if we could have in Nigeria a quarter of the sanity, and amenities that people here have, a lot of Nigerians would gladly stay in Nigeria. I would gladly stay back, too. Nigeria is a blessed country with some of the best people on earth. Honestly we shouldn't be suffering this much and this long. May our leaders have a change of heart for once.
And on, and on, and on... Black ain't inferior, you're tired of living abroad, yet you no return.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by mrphysics(m): 4:24pm On Nov 16, 2018
gidjah:
FCT is a good place to be, though still catching up with modern development, been here for like 10yrs now and I can tell you my IQ and social statis has really improved compare to we're I came from.My investments too... I don't think I would have gotten to this level if I had chosen to remain up north, I guess the challenges I encountered has pretty sharpen me up.So it is with developed nations ,your head go open once you reach there.,ways to better your self by working hard and save more would totally consume you ,thus you wanna get netter.My elder brother has been I'm Manchester for like 8yrs now, the guy financial level don change o, guy works his ass put hard to send the hard currencies over
I aren't doubting the fact that we still have a long way to go even in terms of road. But honestly, the roads he posted is in no way different from what is in Abuja.

If I have the opportunity, I will also leave the country but I won't bad mouth Nigeria because I have people here who isn't their fault that they are Nigerians. The worst is that the op has done nothing to even change his community.

You guys over there should continue correcting our image and send the currency over here. We envy you guys.

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by princfred(m): 4:27pm On Nov 16, 2018
Ugosample:

yet MOST COUNTRIES in Europe, whether the one that participated in large scale colonialism (like Britain ) or the ones that had a brief stint in Colonialism (like Germany /Italy ) or those that were never involved AT ALL (Like Norway Finland Estonia and Sweden) are developed to a significant extent, tho at varying levels (Like Germany being ahead of Italy for example)

Africans should find another excuse as to why they are still the bottom of everything good in this world

It's simple. They hate and loathe change as slaves of old mundane whatever then pervasive low IQ reasoning as intelligence, innovation and brilliance is not highly appreciated to be sought out for but out of ego and other sentiments loathed.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Adakintroy: 4:28pm On Nov 16, 2018
princfred:
The risk is even if they come back , the society prefers to loathing them and whatever knowledge they acquire into doing things the old way. Its a society aviaries to change and slaves to mundane cultures and old ways.

Yes true.but we keep kicking. It's all but edurance.

It took us many yrs t stumble on democracy. Even after independence. We shook we rocked but we eventually found it

It will be so with a right leader eventually. We only need the right tide. I sense it's coming soon. The right tide.

When the military exhausted themselves in killing and counter killing. They themselves settle for democratic options. The same vain, eleven the rogues of this nations politics finish cheating and counter cheating themseives, they will settle for organise institutional systems and right operational leaders. It in nature that men should seek order in immediate aftermath of kiosk.

But we can do with real fighters in heart..not just mere literates.

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by somehow: 4:29pm On Nov 16, 2018
Have you ever voted since you were born and are black/African/Nigerian?
chineji:

On average, most black people are stupid very stupid. If Africans were not stupid, Africa especially sub Sahara Africa will not be a shithole. Look at Nigeria a black nation of 200 million people. 200 million people with no electricity. 3 years ago some foolish 12 million mugus voted for a brain dead decrepit and you wanna say blacks aren't stupid really Bro lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 4:31pm On Nov 16, 2018
babasolution:

i always say this werever i go,the blackman is the problem of Africa,the blackmale is irresponsible,lacks shame,unnecessarily wicked and unproductive

that's another angle to it tho
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by babasolution: 4:31pm On Nov 16, 2018
GavelSlam:
When I read writeups like this here, I can't help but laugh.

You travelled across Europe and began to curse your land.

Yet you are hesitant to look into why things work over there.

The difference is logic and its application.

In Italy, creativity/manufacturing/production is a family tradition and heirloom.

Check it. It's either the family is known for wine making, Pasta production, engines, leather works, ceramic works etc.

In Nigeria, you get a degree in chemistry but would never synthesize anything after graduation.

You would rather work in a bank, join the Yahoo club or even remain without work.

The excuse is the worn-out excuse of lack of government support.

These days you get 30k through Npower. Fvcking save and buy bunsen burners. You and your classmates can decide to form a co-operative or club and purchase 2nd hand centrifuges. If you are sharp, you can get donors from around the world to support your cause.

Enough of the excuses.

Get to work.

the thing is the world has passed that stage of development,these days you need extra high quality systems to create or produce anything,anything one wants to manufacture now has mostly been produced already and are cheaply imported,also making people will like to work in their chosen fields but no opportunities so they have no choice than to work in banks etc.you work were its available in nigeria

2 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by somehow: 4:31pm On Nov 16, 2018
Hope you know you're stupid and useless since you are black?
ekanDamie:

I still don't understand what u are busy defending. Blacks as a race you can single urself if u want, anyone can single themselves out. But in totality, Africa is a stupid continent.

3 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by vioment: 4:32pm On Nov 16, 2018
bursting brain topic. Na serious human being country na im u just go so, see as roads clean anyhow. No be animal kingdom dem dey do for europe.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by chukxie(m): 4:36pm On Nov 16, 2018
aadoiza:

And on, and on, and on... Black ain't inferior, you're tired of living abroad, yet you no return.

Nna men, wetin be your own self? You probably didn't comprehend what I wrote. You have no idea how often I travel to Nigeria. Guy, abeg channel your anger or whatever it is to our government.

4 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by GavelSlam: 4:37pm On Nov 16, 2018
babasolution:

the thing is the world has passed that stage of development,these days you need extra high quality systems to create or produce anything,anything one wants to manufacture now has mostly been produced already and are cheaply imported,also making people will like to work in their chosen fields but no opportunities so they have no choice than to work in banks etc.you work were its available in nigeria

Granted, but the raw materials are readily available as such we have comparative advantage.

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by somehow: 4:39pm On Nov 16, 2018
Then you know little about evil or Atiku
Carmal90:

Those people can't win election in 2019, a vote for any of the other party is a vote for buhari and against atiku, atiku is far lesser evil than buhari.

3 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by omoelerin1: 4:39pm On Nov 16, 2018
Ugosample:

You don't know what you're saying.
Do you know the causes of African problems at all? Have you ever wondered why political instability, insurgency, and corruption are the order of day in Africa, and these things are absent in Europe?
It is unfortunate my phone is doing somehow, I cannot type.

Be that as it may, go and do research on politics of underdevelopment or look for any research work on African political economy. Then you will understand the root cause of Africa's predicaments. I give you this as an assignment.

3 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by SoNature(m): 4:41pm On Nov 16, 2018
mrbyron:

Savage cheesy

The truth is that it didn't sound funny at the time because he was using that all the time to insult us, junior workers, suggesting that we didn't have brains

I learned that he was later fired by the MD grin

2 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by codemaniacs: 4:42pm On Nov 16, 2018
zz

5 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 4:42pm On Nov 16, 2018
omoelerin1:
You don't know what you're saying.
Do you know the causes of African problems at all? Have you ever wondered why political instability, insurgency, and corruption are the order of day in Africa, and these things are absent in Europe?
It is unfortunate my phone is doing somehow, I cannot type.

Be that as it may, go and do research on politics of underdevelopment or look for any research work on African political economy. Then you will understand the root cause of Africa's predicaments. I give you this as an assignment.

Maybe you are the one that does not know what he is saying

I know you may think that "neo colonialism" or "exploitation" or whatever is the root cause of Africa"s problem

but it really is not

It's the PEOPLE And the MINDSET.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by princfred(m): 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2018
Adakintroy:

Maybe true. But that's when there numbers is considerably small. Not enough to start a reaction. What is there to fear. Ours can't be as bad as S.A. yet it took the guts of one man and fellow patriots. So many of us have given up on nigeria. That's the blatant truth. Even among the educated elite..no fight left in us. Just throw in the towel while blaming the oponent .

They had a common enemy not exactly of there kind. Funny enough the common enemy had stayed long enough to improve their value system fundamentally unlike for Nigeria. If whites stayed in Nigeria long enough they would have improved the value system too. Even Nigeria took on colonial masters but afterwards, even if both they come fresh from schooling in University of Ipswich, how can you convince a Yoruba man that Tinubu is corrupt and deserves life sentence, convince Hausa man to say Abacha was heinous criminal and thief, Igbos that Nnamani looted his state dry on the national stage, that Ibori did not deserve a heroes welcome. The overridding mental factor of Nigerians is not facts or superior intelligence but slavery to warped culture, ego and ethnicity. The problem is fundamental not technical. The average black is too self-centered and ego driven to apply himself towards not to his selfish ambitions but to better society or humanity. Ofcourse exceptions abound mainly as he or after he has looted enough for himself. Even most who go to school obtain big degrees yet dont know the value of the education and use it mainly for ego/selfishness driven purposes and drive morally convoluted logic with the clout of the certificates to achieve such self-centered at most ethnic centered quest.

5 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2018
codemaniacs:

you're beginning to show your true self with this comment..

the world operates a caste system... that caste system is controlled by white people who have continuously demonised black people..

white people groomed a lot of African soldiers in their military schools when those African soldiers were in their 20s... those are the same politicians that are now and have been "ruling" white peoples "colonies"....

One of the main reasons black people are the bottom is because their "leaders" are pawns of white people and their "leaders" ensure that education, innovation e.t.c are not encouraged...

like you said even if u uplift yourself as a black person, they will always look at you with disrespect so try to stop seeking respect from people will always love to see you at the bottom and make you see yourself as the "bottom of everything good in this world"...

LMAO @ "true self" grin cheesy

you don't know me tongue
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Mizwisdom(f): 4:45pm On Nov 16, 2018
chukxie:

Oga Chux stop wishing, start talking to some Chinese to bring down their tech, you're sitting on a gold mine. I don't want to believe you aren't already doing this. I'm placing down an order for a solar laptop power bank. Can I get one thru you?
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by iPopAlomo(m): 4:48pm On Nov 16, 2018
GavelSlam:

On my way to the gym now.
Just what I had in my wallet.
Have a good day.

Itzurboi right now...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply)

10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. / This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. / Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.