Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria (61592 Views)

Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / Adventure In Ireland / Weather Forecast: Clouds Spotted Moving Towards Nigeria- Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Groovenaija360(m): 10:44am On Nov 16, 2018
angry
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by qanda: 10:44am On Nov 16, 2018
ok
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 10:48am On Nov 16, 2018
grin
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 10:50am On Nov 16, 2018
chineji:

On average, most black people are stupid very stupid. If Africans were not stupid, Africa especially sub Sahara Africa will not be a shithole. Look at Nigeria a black nation of 200 million people. 200 million people with no electricity. 3 years ago some foolish 12 million mugus voted for a brain dead decrepit and you wanna say blacks aren't stupid really Bro lipsrsealed
grin

11 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Mediahelm: 10:50am On Nov 16, 2018
ednut1:
angry in 2005 when i went to uk. The plane could not land and we hovered around for like 20mins . From the skies what i saw ehn. Light everywhere. NIGERIA can never be great or have basic amenities
Where are you now?

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by DanDeeBoss(m): 10:50am On Nov 16, 2018
Mizwisdom:
I'm now convinced that "Black men" are Africa's problem grin Oga, you are telling your fellow black about the beauty of "Whites" cheesy how did you contribute to the good of us by this? As you've seen that we are all suffering, before you leave to Europe finally, gather your friends to MMA, that place where you saw hip of refuse, go and pick it up and do a rally to sensitize people before you leave. This is what our leaders do to us and we complain, they travel, see things but don't replicate it here, same thing we ourselves do.
Meanwhile bro, update us with info when there's an opening in your coy.

gringringrin

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by AnanseK(m): 10:56am On Nov 16, 2018
chukxie:

We've prayed. We've fasted. Yet no real changes. What else is left to be done?

That’s the problem. Too much prayer , too much fasting but too little planning and no honest hardwork, no focus and no selfless dedication.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Amadioha01(m): 10:59am On Nov 16, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Nigeria shall be great again
Again?
When was that?

Oooh, I see. In imagination land

10 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 10:59am On Nov 16, 2018
pansophist:
But OP why you go back na? abi you no like better thing?

Lol, my uncle was a strong proponent of the ''no place like home'' mantra. Anytime he calls me, he pounds his ''brotherly'' advice to my ears that I should buy a land and build a house, and come and settle in Nigeria and live like a king lol. It was after I invited him over that he begins to beg how he can be legalized with his family. grin

Leave matter for martyrs my brother, Naija don cast. completely.

Hahaha, they will soon call you unpatriotic, Nigeria is a failed state after the order of Afghanistan, Yemen, Syria and South Sudan, those who have ears should hear, the politicians have stolen Nigeria dry, useless shithole jungle killed by both PDP and the current satanic APC led federal criminals and vampires,my position about Nigeria remains the same,

NIGERIA should be auctioned off on eBay to richer western nations, it is better to be a 7th class citizen in the Western world with dignity, equity, fairness and justice and your ability to work smart and become anything you want than to be a Nigerian living in a failed state, nonsense grin

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by GavelSlam: 11:02am On Nov 16, 2018
When I read writeups like this here, I can't help but laugh.

You travelled across Europe and began to curse your land.

Yet you are hesitant to look into why things work over there.

The difference is logic and its application.

In Italy, creativity/manufacturing/production is a family tradition and heirloom.

Check it. It's either the family is known for wine making, Pasta production, engines, leather works, ceramic works etc.

In Nigeria, you get a degree in chemistry but would never synthesize anything after graduation.

You would rather work in a bank, join the Yahoo club or even remain without work.

The excuse is the worn-out excuse of lack of government support.

These days you get 30k through Npower. Fvcking save and buy bunsen burners. You and your classmates can decide to form a co-operative or club and purchase 2nd hand centrifuges. If you are sharp, you can get donors from around the world to support your cause.

Enough of the excuses.

Get to work.

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by blowjob: 11:03am On Nov 16, 2018
IT ALL COMES DOWN TO CORRUPTION... grin grin..FOR ME ITALY IS VERY DIRTY COMPARE TO GERMANY, SWISS... grin grin

GOD BLESS AND PROTECT BUHARI

SAI BUHARI...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by tstx(m): 11:04am On Nov 16, 2018
mrphysics:

I enjoyed reading your write up and feel your frustration. You also need to manage your frustration. Your choice of words seems like you have some motives for this post.

Many have gone, seen even more than you saw and managed themselves. Also, try to visit Abuja and see some roads, they look quite similar.

Saying Blacks are stupid and the rest in a country and continent that many Africans has changed the cause of humanity says a lot about you sir. You can make a change not by insults but trying to do things right in your little circle.

Mr Man all what the guy is is true ... The honest truth... And until you travel out of sub Saharan Africa you won't realise this.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 16, 2018
Same reason I keep saying with the fundamental orientation we have ,I can assure you that most of us will not see this country get better, maybe in the next 200 years things might change ,after all they say we should "never say never". Its not just the government, but the people as well.

Rome wasn't built in a day ,but they were laying the bricks everyday, the way I see it we have not even acquired to land here in Naija,not to talk of laying the foundation to start laying the bricks on.

Check out most of the massive projects in china that we all applaud, the plans were laid a decade ago and now we are seeing the results shape their economy, since we have not even started thinking of plans,not to talk of making the plans, it's hopeless to have hope for the next decade undecided

24 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 16, 2018
Sincerely we need a leader like Donald Duke.

Lemme pack my bags and look for where to escape to.

Obodo oyibo husby for make sense

6 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by cecegorz(m): 11:06am On Nov 16, 2018
mrphysics:

I enjoyed reading your write up and feel your frustration. You also need to manage your frustration. Your choice of words seems like you have some motives for this post.

Many have gone, seen even more than you saw and managed themselves. Also, try to visit Abuja and see some roads, they look quite similar.

Saying Blacks are stupid and the rest in a country and continent that many Africans has changed the cause of humanity says a lot about you sir. You can make a change not by insults but trying to do things right in your little circle.

Loool.
Stop defending nonsense bro.
Your leaders indoctrinate you to think that defending their indolence is patriotism.
By sane pepole's standard, the best of our amenities and cities seems like we are actually living in squalid conditions. Electricity is taken for granted across the world, and it forms the basis for so many other facilities. Do you think all our cities will have stable electricity in the next 50years? When your leaders still celebrate meagre 7000Mw that they use to power a single airport elsewhere?
The first thing that hits you when you enter places like Europe is deep pain and anger about what our leaders has been doing with all the money the country generates.
The way we are going currently, it will take us like 500years more to get to the current level of civilization elsewhere, that's if we actually start today.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 16, 2018
Mouth Gig:
IT ALL COMES DOWN TO CORRUPTION... grin grin..FOR ME ITALY IS VERY DIRTY COMPARE TO GERMANY, SWISS... grin grin

GOD BLESS AND PROTECT BUHARI

SAI BUHARI...
Sai buhari ki u there

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by zubino(m): 11:07am On Nov 16, 2018
@ op are welcome bck to naija.
Earlier this year I travelled out for a training, I cursed Nigeria from my day 1 till the final day I came bck. At some point I questioned God for allowing me be a Nigerian.

When I came bck, I told some of my friends that anyone that dies in Nigeria without travelling out missed a huge part of life everyone should experience. Nigeria is almost a curse considering our level of hardship & uncoordinaion.
No wonder some Africans would rather die in Israeli prisons than return to Africa.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by tegaever: 11:07am On Nov 16, 2018
chineji:
Transit to Liberia.

The next day work began in full swing and we had to get the vessel engine ready for our trip to Liberia. We worked like crazy. Our Liberian trip was the next day and we had to be on schedule. The day we departed for Liberia, our main engine stopped at around 12 nautical miles off the coast of port gentil. We did everything we could but the engine didn't start so we had to tow the ship back to port gentil. Once at the port, we started to diagnose the engine and we got to find out the fuel pump had failed. Changing the fuel pump on a 3000HP MAN B & W engine is a different ball game from my beloved automobiles. We finally did and got the engine running. We departed for Liberia the next day. We were off schedule. We had to sail deeper into the Atlantic then take a 90 degree turn to Liberia. We avoided Nigerian waters totally as it's the most dangerous on the African continent. Filled with pirates. The reports on ICC international piracy watch about pirates here is disgusting but as usual no one cares to do anything about it.

I think Somalian waters is the most infested and most dangerous in Africa and not Nigeria's.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 11:07am On Nov 16, 2018
mrphysics:

I agree with you.. this guy is just full of insults.. very annoying

6 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by noona(f): 11:08am On Nov 16, 2018
Where do I go to now? Sweden Norway Singapore Finland Denmark Belgium

2 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 11:08am On Nov 16, 2018
can't OP just write without curse words and insults... this is becoming unbecoming..very distasteful... nice storyline... terrible lexicon

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 11:08am On Nov 16, 2018
noona:
Where do I go to now? Sweden Norway Singapore Finland Denmark Belgium
ngwa
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by franchasng: 11:10am On Nov 16, 2018
Only fools believe that Nigeria and black African nations in general will become like Europe and America, no way!

Nigeria is doomed!

There is no foreseeable good future for Nigeria till Jesus Christ returns!

Buhari even made things worst by introducing Naira inflation due to poor handling of economy + increase in tribalism and Fulani herdsmen killing rampage increase.

Any Nigerian that want a better life should hustle, pray to your God if u have any and wait patiently for time and nature to favor you to either make it here and send your children out of here or you run away from here before the doomsday catches up with you!

I blame British government too for contributing to making Nigeria the hell of planet earth! angry angry

25 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 16, 2018
chineji:
The strait of gilbraltar.

From the canary islands we set sail for Italy. There was nothing much to see anyway except the occasional dolphins not until we got to gilbraltar. The sight was so beautiful. Morocco was just on one side and Spain is just on the other side. You could literally swim across from Africa to Europe. If you are thinking of trying this be well informed that there are many European navy ships patrolling the straits of gilbraltar and shooting down illegal immigrant ships. Once we were at the strait of the gilbraltar, we got a call from the Moroccan officials wanting to know who was on our vessel and countries they were from. The Spanish authorities also did same. For some weird reason, we started to get pursued by a Spanish naval vessel (I guess cause we arrested some Spanish citizens in gabon). The vessel asked us to stop so they could hang out but my captain and second mate ( she's spanish) would have none of that bullshit. They eventually left us when we got into french waters.

This is untrue.

7 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by blowjob: 11:11am On Nov 16, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Sai buhari ki u there
U LOOK SAD AND UGLY.. grin grin grin..UR PIC, WITH UR GRINDING STONE HEAD... grin..UGLY RAM, QUOTE ME AGAIN.... grin grin..UGLY HOEEE..

5 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by franchasng: 11:11am On Nov 16, 2018
noona:
Where do I go to now?
Sweden
Norway
Singapore
Finland
Denmark
Belgium
Any of the countries u mentioned is far far better than Nigeria, so if you see opportunity to migrate, please do asap and don't look back!

Unless you are making at least 500,000naira monthly in Nigeria, please don't ever think of staying back in Nigeria, and even if you are making that amount, please plan with your hubby if u are single to send your kids out of Nigeria for their better future sad

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by addikt(m): 11:12am On Nov 16, 2018
chineji:
I notice that when they drive here, no one skips their lane. The obedience to traffic rules was just so strange especially for someone who has stayed a long while in lagos.

See as he be like say dem dey wash the road and dye everyday grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 16, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Continue praying for Nigeria
Be sensible even for once

6 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 16, 2018
chineji:
I really wish I could show more pictures from my trip but the others had my face in it and I dont wanna show my face. We are really suffering in Africa. I used to be one of those who believe in this continent but I don't anymore. We are living like animals especially here in Nigeria. Nigeria especially is the worse amongst all African countries. Nigeria lacks the basics a country that can't provide electricity nor water for its citizens or even healthcare. In all of Italy, healthcare is free. They live so long. You see so many old people on the street. They get sick they go to the hospital and get treated for free and they got quality healthcare. We got absolutely nothing in Nigeria. I am back to Nigeria now and at the moment I am confused on what I wanna do. Everything here feels so strange and so weird. Everyone in Nigeria is suffering I mean it everyone. You have to really go outside to see how bad it is here.

Anyone that wants to leave Nigeria should do so ASAP. This country and by extension much of sub Sahara Africa will never get better. I mean even Gabon that has so much oil and very few citizens has so much poverty and really shit infrastructure same with equitoreal guinea.

The most painful aspect is that most African leaders travel to this countries regularly and see how things are done here and see how people live like human beings but cannot replicate same in their home nations.

Anyone that has an opportunity to leave Nigeria should waste no time. We are suffering in Nigeria. Life is not all about money quality of life matters too and quality of life in Nigeria is shit real shit.

I wrote on here previously that NYSC should include foreign travel.

Federal Government should sponsor students to first world countries for a 3 month student exchange visit.

When they come back they will change the country because they will want better.

PS: I’m honing a business idea on this. There are other temporary visa types that’s available to students for work in the US.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by lastmaster(m): 11:15am On Nov 16, 2018
chineji:
Transit to Liberia.

The next day work began in full swing and we had to get the vessel engine ready for our trip to Liberia. We worked like crazy. Our Liberian trip was the next day and we had to be on schedule. The day we departed for Liberia, our main engine stopped at around 12 nautical miles off the coast of port gentil. We did everything we could but the engine didn't start so we had to tow the ship back to port gentil. Once at the port, we started to diagnose the engine and we got to find out the fuel pump had failed. Changing the fuel pump on a 3000HP MAN B & W engine is a different ball game from my beloved automobiles. We finally did and got the engine running. We departed for Liberia the next day. We were off schedule. We had to sail deeper into the Atlantic then take a 90 degree turn to Liberia. WE AVOIDED NIGERIA WATERS TOTALLY as.it's the most dangerous on the African continent. Filled with pirates. The reports on ICC international piracy watch about pirates here is disgusting but as usual no one cares to do anything about it.
The bolded Crack me up.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Frenchkiss564: 11:15am On Nov 16, 2018
stagger:

Are Buhari and Atiku the only candidates here? We have the likes of Kingsley Moghalu, a Ph.D holder and former central bank deputy governor who was the brains behind the 2009 rescue of the banking sector. But for him, many Nigerians would have lost their life savings to the likes of Ibru, Atuche and Akingbola and the other thieving bastards preying on bank customers' funds.

There are also other cerebral candidates here. Sound. intellectual guys who have what it takes to drive the country to the next level.

It is like APC and PDP has cast a spell on many Nigerians.

God bless you for this post. I don't know why Nigerians can't just think outside the box of Buhari and Atiku.

I taya oooooo

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Photo: Ikeja BRT Station Just Behind The Ikeja Train Station / Lagos Plane Crash: Names Of Victims / Fulani Man Helps A Stranded Lady & Her Friends In Jos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.