Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,564 members, 7,850,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:03 AM

My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria (62072 Views)

Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / My Amanchor Cave Adventure And Guide / Adventure In Ireland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by princfred(m): 5:38pm On Nov 16, 2018
codemaniacs:

Yes, they created the democratic system of government... they pick all African presidents whether military or civilian.

do you hail politicians
Does your family have a flawed value system
Are you satisfied when you are hailed

you said it yourself "Thereby produce more looters as it becomes a culture"... this is the important part of your comment... It becomes a cycle and the unborn generation will see it as a norm...

Every "good" African leader has either been assassinated or ousted...

Because I do not does not mean tens of millions of others don't and as long as they do it will continue to fuel a culture of looting politicians. So its a flawed logic to use me as yardstick as we are talking about what majority do not what I do. The value of my family does not represent that of all Nigerians. We are talking about predominant value system not mine or yours singularly. I asked you, is it whites that asked millions across the nations to fill stadiums to hail looters cos that's what inspires and produces more looters.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Carmal90(m): 5:39pm On Nov 16, 2018
somehow:
So it's the same people that put us in the problems for years you think will make Nigeria eldorado?

Who did this to an average Nigerian? Most are only after what they will eat now! Everything must be sharp sharp or you run to the next available probability. We have a mindset issue as citizens.

I sent a pm sir, for this 2019 election it is between Atiku and buhari either you or me like it or not, I don't have any problem with people supporting buhari openly, but I dislike people that are stylishly supporting him like you are (my assumption though).
None of the other aspirants can win.. NONE FOR 2019

4 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by codemaniacs: 5:42pm On Nov 16, 2018
zz

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Adiwana: 5:44pm On Nov 16, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Will be better for you to ignore that deepsight guy. He might probably be an elite outside the country trying to brainwash us.

I stopped responding when he talked about history of Britain and Nigeria bla bla bla.Thats why we dont progress because we attach so many things to the past.How we were this and that.So its because Britain has been older than Nigeria is what makes them have constant electricity.So 50yrs is not enough ro have at least constant light and a functioning 21st century society with the kind of resources at Nigerian's disposal.Dude should go check out when Dubai got their Independence and know where they are today

4 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Timagex(m): 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2018
GavelSlam:
When I read writeups like this here, I can't help but laugh.

You travelled across Europe and began to curse your land.

Yet you are hesitant to look into why things work over there.

The difference is logic and its application.

In Italy, creativity/manufacturing/production is a family tradition and heirloom.

Check it. It's either the family is known for wine making, Pasta production, engines, leather works, ceramic works etc.

In Nigeria, you get a degree in chemistry but would never synthesize anything after graduation.

You would rather work in a bank, join the Yahoo club or even remain without work.

The excuse is the worn-out excuse of lack of government support.

These days you get 30k through Npower. Fvcking save and buy bunsen burners. You and your classmates can decide to form a co-operative or club and purchase 2nd hand centrifuges. If you are sharp, you can get donors from around the world to support your cause.

Enough of the excuses.

Get to work.
. Nice.

But, what did you study sir and what have you made out of it?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by somehow: 5:49pm On Nov 16, 2018
So I do not have the right to call your attention to your errors of choice knowing fully well that the person are gunning for was and is still part of the problems of Nigeria and represent the elites only? For the past 16 years he's been in government, tell me how many common man initiatives he's known for. You were condemning the current president for an Atiku sane people know to be a desperador that can sell his children for power (greedy people never stops). If it's between just 2 of them, side by side with facts, we all know who surely have done things that favored those below the average line. You can vote for whoever you want but make sure that person was and is not part of the problems that is plaguing us.
Carmal90:

I sent a pm sir, for this 2019 election it is between Atiku and buhari either you or me like it or not, I don't have any problem with people supporting buhari openly, but I dislike people that are stylishly supporting him like you are (my assumption though).
None of the other aspirants can win.. NONE FOR 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by otokx(m): 5:49pm On Nov 16, 2018
Nigeria can get better just like that if only the rule of law will be applied.

Yes the politicians have a major part to play but the people also are not left out.

Someone mentioned how it is so hard for his neighbors to pay for common services like security in the area where he resides. That is the real Nigerian for you, many want to reap where they have not sown. People talk of poor electricity, my area has good electricity with prepaid meters yet most people turn around and bypass the meters then you wonder why the light is no longer steady. Many are just corrupt and refuse to leave within their means. It will be very easy to solve the Nigerian problem but first the people must be willing.

As for the white ladies, that is where i beg to differ, as an African there was no appeal for ladies without assets, a lot of them did not have the emotional strength of the African woman who by the way is by no means less intelligent.

It is not all rosy there by the way, we were robbed Nigerian style during one of my visits to the UK, as in the robber broke down the door while we were fully awake, he was later arrested and because he was white even the police were claiming mental history - the 3 apartments he went to by the way were occupied by people of color.

Bottom line is they have built and have dominion over their environment, we can do the same.

3 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Carmal90(m): 5:52pm On Nov 16, 2018
somehow:
So I do not have the right to call your attention to your errors of choice knowing fully well that the person are gunning for was and is still part of the problems of Nigeria and represent the elites only? For the past 16 years he's been in government, tell me how many common man initiatives he's known for. You were condemning the current president for an Atiku sane people know to be a desperador that can sell his children for power (greedy people never stops). If it's between just 2 of them, side by side with facts, we all know who surely have done things that favored those below the average line. You can vote for whoever you want but make sure that person was and is not part of the problems that is plaguing us.

I cannot waste my vote on those I genuinely know won't win, buhari does not know anything, I mean anything as far as am concerned, it is Atiku even if he will lose became know the contest is between Atiku and buhari.

4 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by LadyHeaven(f): 5:55pm On Nov 16, 2018
IHate9jerianss:

I understand the purpose of your post and the emboldened is true but you cannot deny the fact that an ugly,Nigerian man with a pot belly and cash in his pockets will get laid easier in Nigeria than any "sweet", handsome,broke guy

True, but just like MTN the gold.digg.er trend is everywhere you go grin

2 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by princfred(m): 5:56pm On Nov 16, 2018
codemaniacs:

some leaders not all... that's what white people want you to focus on (the politicians or the politics/entertainment) and not on the business, agriculture, tourism side of things..

the leaders don't necessary drive the private sector.... Apple, facebook, TATA, honda, alibaba e.t.c. were not driven by the politicians of those countries...

If a "follower" creates something popular most people from that country will patronize that product....

U.S = over 300 million people to market their products...

Americans (followers) purchase American made products..
Indians (followers) purchase Indian made products.
Japanese (followers) purchase Japan made products.
e.t.c...

this creates a system where a group of "followers" make another "follower" a multi-billionaire who in turns provides jobs to other "followers" who get salaries of different amounts..

Now, In Africa's case, most Africans (followers) do not purchase African made products in fact some Africans demean their own products and don't help in improving their own products...

Just like Dangote was able to "capitalise" on southern Nigerians wealth and he became wealthy...

Yorubas (followers) should buy Yoruba made products.
Igbos (followers) should buy Igbo made products... or we can all just be Africans...

If I continue explaining things I will write an essay....

I hope ugosample, SIRTee15, DeepSight, princfred, Beautyaddy reads this...

you guys are over quoting me OOoooo....

This cannot nullify or downplay the effect of a good leader to a country's development . We quote you cos you need to stop flipping sh*t. Blacks are as responsible even more for their mess than whites. They gave you democracy that works well in other climes you bastardized it and messed it up with selfish ego ethnic culture and orientation instead objectivity in judging characters you now want to blame whites.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by otokx(m): 5:57pm On Nov 16, 2018
Carmal90:

I cannot waste my vote on those I genuinely know won't win, buhari does of know anything, I mean anything as far as am concerned, it is Atiku even if he will lose became know the contest is between Atiku and buhari.

You are very right, as of today the presidential contest is between APC and PDP.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by sharpwriter(m): 6:05pm On Nov 16, 2018
mrphysics:

You need to breadth before mentioning to avoid receiving unnecessary mentions.

Nigerians have a very bad image abroad. Everyone knows that. The best way to correct it is for those currently staying there to do the right thing, obey rules and regulations, that way our bad image can be corrected with time.

I have foreign clients and I know what they say about Nigeria and Nigerians.

Bros abeg introduce me to your line of business and those foreign clients...I dey serious o.. Na person wey dey ask dey receive... One luv!
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by nostimi4u(m): 6:07pm On Nov 16, 2018
What a story ...... am short of words for Africa and poverty .... may we help ourselves that’s all
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Beautyaddy: 6:11pm On Nov 16, 2018
princfred:

This cannot nullify or downplay the effect of a good leader to a country's development . We quote you cos you need to stop flipping sh*t. Blacks are as responsible even more for their mess than whites. They gave you democracy that works well in other climes you bastardized it and messed it up with selfish ego ethnic culture and orientation instead objectivity in judging characters you now want to blame whites.

Good for you.

I see you took out of your precious time to respond to that post which didn't make any sane sense to still justify why Nigeria remains a failed nation.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by codemaniacs: 6:15pm On Nov 16, 2018
zz
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by codemaniacs: 6:17pm On Nov 16, 2018
zz
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by mechanics(m): 6:17pm On Nov 16, 2018
So your job was just to travel abi, cursing Nigeria won't solve our problems, rather we should vote for credible leaders in next year's election.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by blowjob: 6:19pm On Nov 16, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Oh please! Is it possible for a man to yab a woman without including "hoe"? Quite boring I must say.

Your political stance ki you there.
U DON SEE HUSBAND, FOR UR AUNTY... grin grin grin..OR NOBODY DEY ROD U... grin..because OF UR GRINDING STONE FORHEAD.. grin grin..CONFUSED HOE.. grin grin..AUNTY INDEED... grin grin..HOEE... grin

SAI BUHARI...
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by somehow: 6:22pm On Nov 16, 2018
But according to facts and statistics on ground, the Buhari that knows nothing with his Vice in 3 years have achieved more than Jonathan in 5 years and have surpassed Obj and Atiku in their first 3 years in office.

Sir, I put it to you to name 5 things Obj/Atiku achieved in their first 3 years that we can still see today and also what Jonathan/Sambo did so we can compare with that of Buhari/Osinbajo.

I want a sane, logical, sound and educative deliberation from you.

I will vote someone I believe is better than Buhari come rain come sun, but that person is definitely not Atiku.

Please pick up my challenge.

Thanks
Carmal90:

I cannot waste my vote on those I genuinely know won't win, buhari does not know anything, I mean anything as far as am concerned, it is Atiku even if he will lose became know the contest is between Atiku and buhari.

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by codemaniacs: 6:23pm On Nov 16, 2018
zz
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by IHate9jerianss(m): 6:23pm On Nov 16, 2018
LadyHeaven:

True, but just like MTN the gold.digg.er trend is everywhere you go grin
I wouldn't even call what exists in Nigeria "gold digging".It must have a different name which doesn't have a label yet .
What I do know is, that suave man bs doesn't really work on Nigerian ladies the way it worked when I was in the UK.In Naija,na money be fine bobo
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by urahara(m): 6:24pm On Nov 16, 2018
[sup][/sup]
TonyeBarcanista:
Continue praying for Nigeria

If it we're by prayer , this country would have been better than u.s.a
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by urahara(m): 6:26pm On Nov 16, 2018
Gerrard59:

For emphasis sake.

I've been saying these words (the bold) for a long time but brainless people (anyone who supports a Nigerian politician) keep arguing that things will get better. Newsflash!!! Nothing will get better.

You see brainless people supporting useless people who call themselves politicians, you've them everywhere saying this and that. It's why whenever anything happens these days, I've a numb felling towards the incident. Nigerians deserve whatever they face.

And anyone who says praying will solve the problem is a cretinous fvcktard!

I wish you the best in your endeavours.

grin grin grin

Jesus !!!

No chill
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by princfred(m): 6:28pm On Nov 16, 2018
codemaniacs:

this is one of the points I'm trying to let princfred see...

If a white person commits a crime that white person will be protected by other white people especially law enforcement...

white people are very tribal... princfred don't be deceived unless you're a white supremacist on a Nigerian forum...

Fvck that blacks do that more in a large scale that it has messed up their society so much. What don't hail it blacks do. HUGE DIFFERENCE !!!!
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Oyindidi(f): 6:29pm On Nov 16, 2018
EgunMogaji:
To my Nigerian sisters.

Please ignore the nonsense that the OP wrote about you guys. He wrote from the position of a poor jobless and untraveled individual. He’s also entitled to his opinion, even as faulty as it is.

Yah all are beautifully made.

Have a nice weekend ahead.
He can go to hell with his opinion about Nigerian women. How many states has he been to in Nigeria to come to that conclusion. He went for 2 or 3 weeks NGO job and his mind is messed up like a used menstural pad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by urahara(m): 6:29pm On Nov 16, 2018
Hadampson:
I disagree with the "will never be part because nigeria would be great ONE DAY, maybe in 5,000 years timegrin

The question that usually infuriates me the most is WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO DEVELOP THIS COUNTRY?

Please do i look like a builder or politician?
I know the development of a nation depends on the people and the leaders. In Nigeria, people are not that powerful, our leaders are but what are they doing? they are doing what they know how to do best, that is to embezzle the public funds and run to a sane country to enjoy the money with their families.

I have done alot of things to change people's mentality. Guess what, they are far from changing.

Seriously, as i am o, i no fit work for Nigeria, even if i get work for NNPC. I don't care. What i care about is myself and if possible, i want to invest, Nigeria would be the place... That is the least i can do for Nigeria.

I swear , that fucking gets annoying

2 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by urahara(m): 6:30pm On Nov 16, 2018
nairaman66:
Nigeria is pretty screwed up in all entirety!! The good news is that people are beginning to realize that Nigeria is fvcked up big time!

I feel scared when I remember that many other countries in Africa are having it worse
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by princfred(m): 6:32pm On Nov 16, 2018
codemaniacs:

Yes, they need to create a cycle that will ensure the people impoverish themselves by themselves without even knowing it...

this gives white people "plausible deniability".

So na white man make people to the dey hail looter politicians? Guy your brain need to be purged of anti white bs. Before you start blaming white for your inability to go toilet.

Even at that, so the black people who foolishly oblige to whatever are mentally and morally developed.

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by princfred(m): 6:32pm On Nov 16, 2018
codemaniacs:

Yes, they need to create a cycle that will ensure the people impoverish themselves by themselves without even knowing it...

this gives white people "plausible deniability".

Until blacks starts taking responsibilities and holding leaders responsible instead of hailing and eulogizing them based on ethnic bias or deflecting blames to white for their shiity state forget they will keep suffering from slavery to self /ethic centered values.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by haryomikun(m): 6:38pm On Nov 16, 2018
salford1:

Now they are busy atikulating. From frypan to firw or vice versa. What is really wrong with Nigerians
Bro that shii vexes me. I'm seeing people I thought were smart shouting atikulation..

The country will never get better for years to come

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by AkhereOkaka(m): 6:38pm On Nov 16, 2018
chineji:
Did I talk about Italian women? I have never met such beautiful women in my life. Beautiful and very interesting. I used to think it was impossible for women to be interesting and funny but white women proved me so wrong. My Co workers were always so fun to have conversations with. They knew absolutely everything about everything cause they read a whole lot. In Italy, the women are always smiling all the time ( it's a total different ball game in most African countries where most women are always ugly and angry all the time) and the greetings omg. It's not weird to hug a woman and give her a peck on both cheeks and say bounjourno or bounesera depending on what time of the day it is. La spezia had a lot of beautiful women but then we took a road trip to Milan and it was like a total different ball game. It was just like a real life miss world beauty pageant.

Italian women are the most beautiful I have ever seen in my life. I just pray I can marry a Nigerian because ever since I got back all the girls are just ugly to my eyes cheesy

It is Buongiorno not Buonjiorno cause Italian alphabet does not have "j" they often used "g" for "j"
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Adiwana: 6:39pm On Nov 16, 2018
People think some of us enter into the cyberspace and talk down about Nigeria and black race in general because we want to feel good or because of inferiority complex or whatever it is called.You see others telling you there's no place like home and that Americans and Europe countries are a very tough place to hustle and survive bullshit.But they will NEVER exchange their place with people back home because they already know the difference b/w working extra hard for that bread and getting what is yours and putting in same amount of Energy to only be killed off either by being owned salaries or someone looting away your pension.They know that for life expectancy to be high,you have to have a good standard of living.Others that are yet to see the outside world thinks having light for 20hrs/day is an achievement and will come with the rubbish explanation of whites are ahead of us

Nigeria is the home to arguably the most hardworking people on Earth.From the menial workers who till the land to bankers who work overtime all the time,human resources has never been an issue.We have land masses lying away,Gold,oil,coal wasting in Enugu,Limestone etc name it.The kind of resources in Nigeria is really unheard of.You have the natural resources,you have the man power of ov 170 million people but in 2019,you generate less than 7000mw of electricity.But egypt with less added 14 mw of electricity to their national grid in 3yrs.thats is double of what he have generated in 50yrs+
https://www.power-eng.com/articles/2018/07/egypt-inaugurates-power-plant-projects.html

Black americans have the lowest population in American but commits the most crimes.Their predominantly populated areas are known for crimes.Only 38.7% of African Americans live with both parents.
https://www.afro.com/census-bureau-higher-percentage-black-children-live-single-mothers/
This are people that are living in a structured and built societies but are popping out children like tomorrow no dey.They are still the poorest part of the country.smh for the black race

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply)

10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. / This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. / Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.