Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria (61658 Views)

Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / My Amanchor Cave Adventure And Guide / Adventure In Ireland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by WhoBeThisMan: 11:49am On Nov 16, 2018
op i feeeeeeeeel you

i feeeeeeeeeeeeeeel you.
this was exctly how I felt my first time abroad
you have this over whelming feeling that you have been cheated all your life in Nigeria.

my brother, no matter how mich money you have in Nigeria, you are still live like a poor man and you dont know.

18 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by seyigiggle: 11:49am On Nov 16, 2018
I've got his message, you've got his insult.

babyfaceafrica:
please!!!!...so you.mean am.engineer cannot get a narrative straight without using curse words and insults... or you mean an.engineer is devoid of simple lexical structure and must retort to ridicule and.malignant......the OP is simple an angry man full of hate and frustration for his.black family...he should be ashamed of himself

13 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 16, 2018
Those saying Nigeria will be great again need their afternoon drugs prepared asap

12 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:49am On Nov 16, 2018
GavelSlam:
When I read writeups like this here, I can't help but laugh.

You travelled across Europe and began to curse your land.

Yet you are hesitant to look into why things work over there.

The difference is logic and its application.

In Italy, creativity/manufacturing/production is a family tradition and heirloom.

Check it. It's either the family is known for wine making, Pasta production, engines, leather works, ceramic works etc.

In Nigeria, you get a degree in chemistry but would never synthesize anything after graduation.

You would rather work in a bank, join the Yahoo club or even remain without work.

The excuse is the worn-out excuse of lack of government support.

These days you get 30k through Npower. Fvcking save and buy bunsen burners. You and your classmates can decide to form a co-operative or club and purchase 2nd hand centrifuges. If you are sharp, you can get donors from around the world to support your cause.

Enough of the excuses.

Get to work.
With which light?

10 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by poordad(m): 11:49am On Nov 16, 2018
great post OP. smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by towyeenbell2: 11:49am On Nov 16, 2018
Let's

Not

Stop

Believing

In our dear

Country

If your

Own house is

On a temporary fire

Would you

Forsake it

America,china we see and

Hails were exactly

Like us now

Calculate when they started to when they got it,.it's even more farther than when they discovered us.

We are on track ,let's be reasonable and not vote for looters ,am not saying you should vote buhari but I am a buharist but at least be fair and vote with your sense of judgement as to who is better off.
But at least not vote for that stupid person you now lying and conniving with other looters associated .

Pray

Yet pray

Still pray

And pray at least you we all have been a sinner one time if God didn't accept your apology and make you die in your sin would you be happy.

So never still give up praying for your dear country ,this is your place of birth what if your mother had flushed you down the drain and you are not what you are or found your self in Congo,Liberia,Gabon ,or even Rwanda past , would you know your right from wrong.

Let's not give up.

Moreover so native American yet suffers for the fact that they are in that great country but would they call or make Nigeria their home ....No.

Pray brothers and sisters.

God bless y'all for patiently reading this.

2 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by chukxie(m): 11:51am On Nov 16, 2018
seyigiggle:
revolution.
we need those who have been out of the country to come and lead it.

Joining the clarion call. Sign me up. Naija must change.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by darkelf: 11:53am On Nov 16, 2018
mrphysics:

Tonye, I trust you have been to Abuja. Not saying things are better but from the pictures of the roads I saw here, I don't really see anything special to what is in Abuja.

Too much of living in Lagos can also give bad image to Nigeria too. I have been to Lagos several times and the roads are so bad and poor that the picture that the op posted would look like a heavenly picture to most people.

I just want to be fair and objective, we have same road in Abuja as was posted by Op. I can agree with other things.

I live in Abuja. We have good roads in some parts no doubt but we don't have the SAME roads.

I'm talking about quality and neatness now.

7 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by GavelSlam: 11:55am On Nov 16, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
With which light?

The same one they use for Yahoo.
The problem with many of you is that you want it spelt out for you.
Chemistry was just an example.

6 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Duru1(m): 11:55am On Nov 16, 2018
Mizwisdom:
I'm now convinced that "Black [/b]men" are Africa's problem grin Oga, you are telling your fellow black about the beauty of "[b]Whites" cheesy how did you contribute to the good of us by this? As you've seen that we are all suffering, before you leave to Europe finally, gather your friends to MMA, that place where you saw hip of refuse, go and pick it up and do a rally to sensitize people before you leave. This is what our leaders do to us and we complain, they travel, see things but don't replicate it here, same thing we ourselves do.
Meanwhile bro, update us with info when there's an opening in your coy

This is not about "Black" or "White" crap since no human is black or white. It is a display of inherent ignorance to brand a human being as black or white. What exits in Africa is blunder. The height of the blunder has reached convulsion stage that mere talk of disintegration in certain neighborhood of Africa will throw some people into seizure. The French knew they were culturally different from Italians and decided to have a separate country. In Africa even the differences in culture and tradition stood on the bridge of their noses, they will still hide behind hypocritical wall of "unity" and loop grenades of tribal warfare.

21 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by WhoBeThisMan: 11:56am On Nov 16, 2018
peacengine:

Nigga Wu you calling stupid? All blacks? Ur fada there grin
Did you ask how they buy those cars? Ask Ibrahimović, the guy de Europe, you be learner
travel and see. you will totally agree with op

2 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by AFONJACOW(m): 11:56am On Nov 16, 2018
it's Either Australia visa or nothing else ,Since
my pvc is not relevant no need of wasting precious time , Sai Barbar and those useless minions from West can enjoy the suffering they called CHANGE , Nigeria is a poo, my short stay in Helsinki really change my narration about AFRICA ... My brothers nothing like heaven or hell fire after death, We are already in hell fire, Africa is hell fire while those civilize nations are heaven, I so hate Africa most especially Zoo Nigeria with dismay...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Lucifer66(m): 11:57am On Nov 16, 2018
franchasng:
Only fools believe that Nigeria and black African nations in general will become like Europe and America, no way!

Nigeria is doomed!

There is no foreseeable good future for Nigeria till Jesus Christ returns!

Buhari even made things worst by introducing Naira inflation due to poor handling of economy + increase in tribalism and Fulani herdsmen killing rampage increase.

Any Nigerian that want a better life should hustle, pray to your God if u have any and wait patiently for time and nature to favor you to either make it here and send your children out of here or you run away from here before the doomsday catches up with you!

I blame British government too for contributing to making Nigeria the hell of planet earth! angry angry
How did Britain affect Nigeria?
Ethiopia wasn't colonized but they are among the poorest in Africa, South Africa was colonized for a long time and they are the most developed.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 16, 2018
chineji:
I really wish I could show more pictures from my trip but the others had my face in it and I dont wanna show my face. We are really suffering in Africa. I used to be one of those who believe in this continent but I don't anymore. We are living like animals especially here in Nigeria. Nigeria especially is the worse amongst all African countries. Nigeria lacks the basics a country that can't provide electricity nor water for its citizens or even healthcare. In all of Italy, healthcare is free. They live so long. You see so many old people on the street. They get sick they go to the hospital and get treated for free and they got quality healthcare. We got absolutely nothing in Nigeria. I am back to Nigeria now and at the moment I am confused on what I wanna do. Everything here feels so strange and so weird. Everyone in Nigeria is suffering I mean it everyone. You have to really go outside to see how bad it is here.

Anyone that wants to leave Nigeria should do so ASAP. This country and by extension much of sub Sahara Africa will never get better. I mean even Gabon that has so much oil and very few citizens has so much poverty and really shit infrastructure same with equitoreal guinea.

The most painful aspect is that most African leaders travel to this countries regularly and see how things are done here and see how people live like human beings but cannot replicate same in their home nations.

Anyone that has an opportunity to leave Nigeria should waste no time. We are suffering in Nigeria. Life is not all about money quality of life matters too and quality of life in Nigeria is shit real shit.
the bolded confirms there is a problem with leadership but the leaders are a reflection of the majority sadly.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by chukxie(m): 11:57am On Nov 16, 2018
Livefreeordieha:
bro you said virtually all i wanted to say...I have always knew that we were backwards ever since i was a kid. But it became bad how i felt when i moved out in early 2000s and returned i couldn't stand 2weeks,and that has made me to despise every government since...The worse of it is the people that I'm fighting for have internalized the suffering and frustrates my efforts...

Even when i visit it takes weeks before i can even drive myself,nothing works well..Nothing functions..From the airport u have to switch personalities and countenance because depression starts from there.

Well said, bro. The madness begins the moment you get off the airplane, and you're confronted by red eyed security personnels who's only intention is to fleece you of your money one way or another. Escaping from them one is then confronted by dubious looking people posing as taxi drivers. With these scenarios playing out before your eyes, you become immediately aware of the chaos you've just landed in.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 16, 2018
salford1:

Now they are busy atikulating. From frypan to firw or vice versa. What is really wrong with Nigerians

It is a curse on the black race.

4 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:58am On Nov 16, 2018
GavelSlam:

The same one they use for Yahoo.
The problem with many of you is that you want it spelt out for you.
Chemistry was just an example.
The problem with u zombies is that ure not in Nigeria,but ure outside campaigning for buhari to continue,why don't u come to Nigeria to enjoy buhari change

13 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by darkelf: 11:58am On Nov 16, 2018
stagger:

This is actually our problem. We are always praying. Yet God has said that we should have dominion on the earth. Even for the tiniest issues that God has already given us ability to fix, we are still praying. The 2 plants that have the greatest yield of biodiesel extract (Jatropha and the oil palm) are found in Nigeria. Jatropha in the north; oil palm in the south. Yet we cannot develop alternative fuels for our vehicles. We are always praying.

Are we the only ones entitled to God's attention? Is Nigeria the only country out of more than 220 countries that God has to pay attention to?

Don't get me wrong. I am a staunch Winner and a Christian, but I have come to find out that our continuous method of having religion without righteousness is a big problem. People go to places of worship on Sunday and Friday, and the rest of the week, they are either swindling govt of time and money or doing some other thing.

I have just returned from a meeting in my area where I am in the estate executive. I pay my security fees to the letter. Yet there are people who are owing us 16 months, 2 years security fees with impunity. They keep saying things are hard, but they are able to buy new cars, buy rams for Sallah, loads of rice and chicken for Christmas, and other stuff. Yet they prefer the estate security to starve to death and they cannot be bothered.

Let me not even talk of politicians and the polity. When it comes to squandering money on women and parties, there is no holding back. But when it comes to minimum wage issues, then they remember that we are just coming out of recession.

I lived in this country as a child where we were given milk, biscuits, sandwiches and all kinds of goodies as school feeding. Not the total crap we are seeing today.

I once came back from abroad and the Naija police at MMIA were following me like flies, OPENLY BEGGING FOR MONEY in full police uniform!

Everywhere you look, it is utter chaos.

What kind of country are we in? Nigerians wake up!

Bro, I'm of the opinion that religion has done more harm than good to us.

People no longer want to work to fix their problems because one pastor has lied to them about a God of miracles that will fix all their problems, even the ones arising from laziness.

Even in MMA, the immigration officers are like vultures, both in looks and motives. I can't understand why blacks were created this way.

I always fantasize about our independence, how it would have been had the British stood their ground and refused to give it to us. If possible, by using brute force to crush all those so-called founding fathers. I bet you, we wouldn't be having it bad today

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 16, 2018
Nigeria I know is a zoo
op, I agree with you 100%

2 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Jaykolo10(m): 12:00pm On Nov 16, 2018
So many here will just come here and say Nigeria will be great again,what have you done for your country and blah blah blah... meanwhile they're currently not in Africa talkless of been in Nigeria yet they'll be saying trash... if you know the suffering ordinary citizens are passing through in this country you'll know that you need to be shot in the head for saying that rubbish...in Nigeria if you mistakenly open a firm or anything tax and stupid stupid payment will kill you down... if you don't have connections you're going nowhere... everything in Nigeria is linked and once you're not in the link it's a bye bye bye for you
.. Nigeria is a land of struggling... and if you love to keep struggling without reward please stay here and sokpan... but if you want your struggle and hustle to pay and you want your reward... please go and struggle elsewhere... there's a saying that a fool at 40 is a fool forever.. that's exactly what Nigeria is... Nigeria is gone sorry to say....

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 16, 2018
rs172:

What aspect about Nigeria have you developed
i am just a corper...but 1 day i will do my part..most skyscrapers you see in america are owned by individuals ...the government only make sure basic amenities are available....every other development...i.e parks...stadiums...estates....movie theaters....stores....arenas...are owned and built by individuals.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by latsy: 12:01pm On Nov 16, 2018
chineji:

On average, most black people are stupid very stupid. If Africans were not stupid, Africa especially sub Sahara Africa will not be a shithole. Look at Nigeria a black nation of 200 million people. 200 million people with no electricity. 3 years ago some foolish 12 million mugus voted for a brain dead decrepit and you wanna say blacks aren't stupid really Bro lipsrsealed
You are an imbe cile.
I now fully agree that slavery is indeed of the mind.
To make matters worse, you are coward as you are too scared
to attach your picture to the post.

You couldn't get a job after 500 applications because no employer wants a
stupid employee who would become a liability.
Only god knows what you told your slave masters before they rescued
you from penury. FYI, your white saviours love useful idiots like you who
can be manipulated with ease.

But like a lottery winner, you will likely return to your pre-luck state
because you lack the mindset to control wealth.

Saboteur, enjoy your few Euros while it lasts.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Lucifer66(m): 12:02pm On Nov 16, 2018
Notatribalist:
keep quiet.. Just say you're biafran..in one of ur post u even said Nigeria is the worst African country. How they hell did u arrived at such conclusion? How many Africa countries have u visited? Continue with ur journey, but please kindly stop the poo you're writing about Nigeria..
You're among the millions of idiots that take us backwards.
Accept the truth and this rubbish, Nigeria is the capital of poverty What does sound like to you?

3 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by darkelf: 12:02pm On Nov 16, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
can't OP just write without curse words and insults... this is becoming unbecoming..very distasteful... nice storyline... terrible lexicon

If you visit common UAE, you will be very angry and probably use even more acerbic words

3 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Lucifer66(m): 12:04pm On Nov 16, 2018
DeepSight:

Well first and foremost many congratulations on your travels/ breakthroughs and experiences.
However the generality of your message is extremely shallow and disappointing.

It is also downright disgraceful.

Who the hell are you to use the word "never" mere mortal that you are?

What do you know of the history of the countries you are celebrating now?
Do you think those countries will be worth celebrating if their citizens in ages past spent their time convincing their compatriots that things would never improve and as such they should all bail out and abandon their country?

The most painful aspect is that shallow persons like you cannot understand that Rome was not built in a day.
Nation building takes time - and by that I mean generations.

And mind you - generations of brave people willing to make sacrifices and not cowardly and empty people looking for that which has already been perfected by the sweat of others.

And life is not all about comfort either. Some of the greatest lives involve the greatest suffering and sacrifice.

You ought to be ashamed of your message.
Ignorance, You're basically like the person in charge of our power supply just useless excuses.

9 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Xisnin(m): 12:04pm On Nov 16, 2018
Duru1:

Most fools from Africa still the audacity to demand respect from Europeans. How could any scene person from Europe, North America or Asia remotely thought about a respect for dumbass jackass from Africa?
Idiot, why should you not be sold as a slave?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by hustla(m): 12:04pm On Nov 16, 2018
ekanDamie:

Aswear I wanna leave this country so bad. I just wish there was a legal less expensive way to goto any foreign country.
Am seriously searching for countrys where one can get citizenship/PR easily. Africa is a mess

Estonia
Finland

wink

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 12:04pm On Nov 16, 2018
darkelf:

If you visit common UAE, you will be very angry and probably use even more acerbic words
and who says I haven't travelled out before?.. decorum should be the watchword everytime

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Luminee(f): 12:05pm On Nov 16, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Nigeria shall be great again

When and how sir?

Socialize with other Africans @ www.sayitafrica.com

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by hustla(m): 12:05pm On Nov 16, 2018
darkelf:

The stopover I had at Dubai Airport made me change my perception of Nigeria and the world

E remain small make I shed tears. The contrast was... Chei.

Nigeria no fit good again, it's not a curse Bro

14 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Itzurboi(m): 12:05pm On Nov 16, 2018
GavelSlam:

On my way to the gym now.

Just what I had in my wallet.

Have a good day.
I have said my piece, i need not banter words with what am more than... Enjoy your time at the gym

7 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Lucifer66(m): 12:05pm On Nov 16, 2018
EgunMogaji:
To my Nigerian sisters.

Please ignore the nonsense that the OP wrote about you guys. He wrote from the position of a poor jobless and untraveled individual. He’s also entitled to his opinion, even as faulty as it is.

Yah all are beautifully made.

Have a nice weekend ahead.
It is obvious you have never dated a foreigner.
I would gladly take a south African girl over a Nigerian girl.
Nigeria women aren't near as beautiful as those women.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Photo: Ikeja BRT Station Just Behind The Ikeja Train Station / Inside Saudi Arabia Saudia's Airline’s Onboard Prayer Room / Thousands Sign Petition To Stop Jeff Bezos From Returning To Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.