Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria (61703 Views)

Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / My Amanchor Cave Adventure And Guide / Adventure In Ireland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 16, 2018
chukxie:
Dear Op:
I must say I totally enjoyed your accounts of your cross continental journeys. And I must say I unequivocally agree with all you said concerning sub saharan African countries especially Nigeria. You see until I left Nigeria I never really knew how bad, I mean rotten things were. In Nigeria people are so used to suffering that they have come to accept it as a way of life, like that is how things are meant to be. We lack even the most basic of amenities. We suffer miserably without any respite in the horizon[b]. So often times I get infuriated by gullible Nigerians who continually sing praise for the same politicians who have stolen our collective wealth. These same gullible individuals would heap praises on politicians for commissioning pedestrian bridges[/b]. Good luck in all you do, bro.

The difference between you and me here is that you often get infuriated by those folks. I ALWAYS GET PISSED OFF BY THEM!

Imagine a Nigerian adult clamouring for Atiku as a viable option for president. Go to Twitter, Facebook, even here and you see them all over the place. embarassed

I totally agree with you and the OP.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by monchazfarms: 12:28pm On Nov 16, 2018
chineji:
I really wish I could show more pictures from my trip but the others had my face in it and I dont wanna show my face. We are really suffering in Africa. I used to be one of those who believe in this continent but I don't anymore. We are living like animals especially here in Nigeria. Nigeria especially is the worse amongst all African countries. Nigeria lacks the basics a country that can't provide electricity nor water for its citizens or even healthcare. In all of Italy, healthcare is free. They live so long. You see so many old people on the street. They get sick they go to the hospital and get treated for free and they got quality healthcare. We got absolutely nothing in Nigeria. I am back to Nigeria now and at the moment I am confused on what I wanna do. Everything here feels so strange and so weird. Everyone in Nigeria is suffering I mean it everyone. You have to really go outside to see how bad it is here.

Anyone that wants to leave Nigeria should do so ASAP. This country and by extension much of sub Sahara Africa will never get better. I mean even Gabon that has so much oil and very few citizens has so much poverty and really shit infrastructure same with equitoreal guinea.

The most painful aspect is that most African leaders travel to this countries regularly and see how things are done here and see how people live like human beings but cannot replicate same in their home nations.

Anyone that has an opportunity to leave Nigeria should waste no time. We are suffering in Nigeria. Life is not all about money quality of life matters too and quality of life in Nigeria is shit real shit.

I've come to realize that the reason why Igbos are agitating for a separate country is because they travel a lot.When you you have a taste of a sane environment,you'll understand how insane it is to live in a country where absolutely nothing works.It's really a shame.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by DeepSight(m): 12:29pm On Nov 16, 2018
Lucifer66:

You know it is the too truth but you're to brainwashed to realize it.
I would gladly change my DNA for a life in a developed country with a job.
Hypocrite.

Ah. So you're unemployed(?)
Don't worry it's not the end of the world.
Get creative.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by HarryDuce(m): 12:29pm On Nov 16, 2018
DeepSight:

Certainly not the part where he urges all who can to abandon ship and certainly not the part where he states that Nigeria will "never" be better.

That is pathetic, low minded, self hating c.rap
True. That is where i don't agree with the OP.

3 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 16, 2018
Earthbound:
Those saying Nigeria will be great again need their afternoon drugs prepared asap

Nigeria was never great in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Lucifer66(m): 12:30pm On Nov 16, 2018
DeepSight:

Ah. So you're unemployed(?)
Don't worry it's not the end of the world.
Get creative.
Am not unemployed. Stop trying to provoke me, Why don't you issue out a way this nation can be saved?
By 2019 either buhari or Atiku will lead this failed nation and both of them are theives.

4 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Livefreeordieha(m): 12:31pm On Nov 16, 2018
chukxie:

Well said, bro. The madness begins the moment you get off the airplane, and you're confronted by red eyed security personnels who's only intention is to fleece you of your money one way or another. Escaping from them one is then confronted by dubious looking people posing as taxi drivers. With these scenarios playing out before your eyes, you become immediately aware of the chaos you've just landed in.
yes bro u spoke as if we read the same book...Even the BDCs outside give fake notes, the customs,immigration,police are all into it...At first i thought speaking yoruba will give u smooth entry it didn't work,talk in English was the even far worse as it will even endear more troubles to you as u will appear vulnerable...Now i just let them know I'm not in the mood for pleasantries,it offends them but i careless..

The country is just in comatose.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Notatribalist(m): 12:31pm On Nov 16, 2018
vingeophysicist:
you are the one who sounds tribalistic from your comment.How can you protect a sovereignty that lacks human conscience? Our leaders are embezzling money meant for capital and human development and you are here protecting them.
People like you need to be stoned to death because it seems you represent our elites class.
Nigeria should be restructured for good. Do you know what people are going through every day in Nigeria? Nigeria is a shithole country !!!
your comment is mischievous, but I won't reply u in same manner.. You complained of bad leaders and rightly so,but u have not suggested the way forward,.instead you allowed your hatred for them to metamorphosed into hatred for your country,so u fall into the category of bad leaders if given the chance.good leaders don't come ranting online.yes they make excuses but their answers are bigger the their excuses..so what's ur answer to Nigeria's problems? Oh restructuring, yes I am a great advocate of that..But after restructuring are we going to import leaders to lead the new restructured Nigeria? Answer please.

5 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 16, 2018
Lucifer66:

We have different taste then, I have dated a girl from US, sa, several from 9ja and UK.
All these were far better than the 9ja ones but I guess we have different taste then.

Beauty is not a matter of taste.

A beautiful woman will be deemed beautiful by a majority of men.

Personal preference is in place perhaps.

But simply because you prefer to date South Africans doesn't mean that Nigerian women are ugly.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by OldBeer: 12:33pm On Nov 16, 2018
Lucifer66:

We have different taste then, I have dated a girl from US, sa, several from 9ja and UK.
All these were far better than the 9ja ones but I guess we have different taste then.
grin
This one is comparing online dating to actually staying in the country and dating the white girls.
LOOOL!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 16, 2018
monchazfarms:

I've come to realize that the reason why Igbos are agitating for a separate country is because they travel a lot.When you you have a taste of a sane environment,you'll understand how insane it is to live in a country where absolutely nothing works.It's really a shame.

No Sir, it is the same greed and selfishness displayed by current leaders that is driving them.

How many Igbo-dominated states can you say is doing well economically? IMO state? Ebonyi? Enugu? Anambra?

You think it will magically change over night when they have a new country? Look at South Sudan

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Sibrah: 12:33pm On Nov 16, 2018
ollah2:

You have spoken well but some blames can be put to religion( foreign religions actually). Imagine if politicians are sworn in with out local gods? Oh yes, they know our local gods are pretty active so they won't mess up. Foreign gods are powerless in Nigeria.

We should start swearing politicians with Ogun, Ifa, Amadioha, Osun etc and watch how Nigeria will begin to progress
Don't thieves who swear oaths of secrecy confess under duress? The gods are only good at enslaving you for a while, they are not you companion if you know what is good for you. Isn't it the same gods that our politicians serve secretly and even consult to acquire spiritual powers with which they keep us poor. The gods are even responsible for the stealing trait found in most politicians and that is why we should embrace foreign religion that have overcome the gods.
Where were the gods when with man was inventing guns and ship with which they subdued and enslaved us.
May be you manage to pass one small initiation rite where they cast strong spell over your weak àss spirit that's why you are rooting for frustrated gods who need blood to give you food.

6 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Lucifer66(m): 12:35pm On Nov 16, 2018
OldBeer:
grin
This one is comparing online dating to actually staying in the country and dating the white girls.
LOOOL!!
Who mentioned online dating
Don't bring your frustration here.

1 Like

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 12:35pm On Nov 16, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Bro we dey plan am. I've made a personal resolve not to procreate in this backwardness.
Hahaha, you are cracking my ribs,Lol at l don't want to procreate in this backwardness , I don't want you to leave Nigeria, Nigeria is good, let's keep praying and fasting for Nigeria, once Buhari wins or Atiku, dollar will be 1 dollar to 1naira, there will be free electricity, America will give Nigeria 600 billion dollars to share to all Nigerians, so, don't leave, even me, l will come back to enjoy Nigeria tongue

4 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by bewla(m): 12:36pm On Nov 16, 2018
chineji:
Pictures from my road trip to Milan.
na smoke be that on the third pix abi u no seriou

na. same over here

no just give me crap
because I never go out of Lagos

if u c mummy water never never run away

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 16, 2018
Lucifer66:

How did Britain affect Nigeria?
Ethiopia wasn't colonized but they are among the poorest in Africa, South Africa was colonized for a long time and they are the most developed.

Encourage the young man to enlighten himself.

See him pushing the blame to Britain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by egopersonified(f): 12:38pm On Nov 16, 2018
We keep on calling out our leaders, as we do so, let us also search ourselves. If the whole of Nigeria migrates to Italy and Italians migrate to Nigeria with the same leaders in place, would things remain the same? As much as our leaders are nothing to write home about, are we the citizens any better in our daily activities. Till we see that an injury to one is an injury to all, till we learn to have compassion and till we begin to see beyond our present into our future, even if Trump is Nigerian president, nothing will change.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by ollah2: 12:39pm On Nov 16, 2018
Sibrah:
Don't thieves who swear oaths of secrecy confess under duress? The gods are only good at enslaving you for a while, they are not you companion if you know what is good for you. Isn't it the same gods that our politicians serve secretly and even consult to acquire spiritual powers with which they keep us poor. The gods are even responsible for the stealing trait found in most politicians and that is why we should embrace foreign religion that have overcome the gods.
Where were the gods when with man was inventing guns and ship with which they subdued and enslaved us.
May be you manage to pass one small initiation rite where they cast strong spell over your weak àss spirit that's why you are rooting for frustrated gods who need blood to give you food.

They serve the local gods because they know the powers they possess. Why can't they serve the useless and powerless foreign gods? They act to Nigerians as Christians and Muslims because Nigerians are dumb and will easily accept such fallacy but secretly they serve our local gods.

Well, if you think local gods need blood to give you food then same can be said about foreign gods. It's all in the bible and quran, we have read how murderous those gods are and our local gods are even good compared to the evils of the foreign gods.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by DeepSight(m): 12:40pm On Nov 16, 2018
Lucifer66:

Am not unemployed. Stop trying to provoke me, Why don't you issue out a way this nation can be saved?
By 2019 either buhari or Atiku will lead this failed nation and both of them are theives.

Your post sort of insinuated that.

And no, I am not trying to provoke you.

The views expressed by the OP are frankly that of a little boy who probably has little experience of life. First time out of the country and he is blown away. As someone has indicated he obviously has a great deal to learn.

He is also extremely ignorant of the development of nations and people's - and so are you.

It is true that we are in a tough place in Africa right now and especially so in Nigeria. It is however not true that this can never change. It is also not true that black people are mostly stupid as the OP said.

The truth is that the views expressed by the OP and others who think like him are shamefully lazy. The first thing that should occur to them when they admire the western world is that it took humans just like you and I blood and sweat for many centuries to achieve that. If you imagine that a mindset which craves it without sacrifice will ever be worthy of anything then you don't know anything about the school of life.

Both you and the OP may be disillusioned and that is understandable. But becoming self hating hopeless cowards is indefensible.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Raalsalghul: 12:41pm On Nov 16, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Hahaha, you are cracking my ribs,Lol at l don't want to procreate in this backwardness , I don't want you to leave Nigeria, Nigeria is good, let's keep praying and fasting for Nigeria, once Buhari wins or Atiku, dollar will be 1 dollar to 1naira, there will be free electricity, America will give Nigeria 600 billion dollars to share to all Nigerians, so, don't leave, even me, l will come back to enjoy Nigeria tongue
Leave those peeps to keep on dreaming. I've just given up on this country.

4 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Lucifer66(m): 12:43pm On Nov 16, 2018
DeepSight:

Your post sort of insinured that.

And no, I am not trying to provoke you.

The views expressed by the OP are frankly that of a little boy who probably has little experience of life. First time out of the country and he is blown away. As someone has indicated he obviously has a grear deal to learn.

He is also extremely ignorant of the development of nations and people's - and so are you.

It is true that we are in a tough place in Africa right now and especially so in Nigeria. It is however not true that this can never change. It is also not true that black people are mostly stupid as the OP said.

The truth is that the views expressed by the OP and others who think like him are shamefully lazy. The first thing that should occur to them when they admire the western world is that it took humans just like you and I blood and sweat for many centuries to achieve that. If you imagine that a mindset which craves it without sacrifice will ever be worthy of anything then you don't know anything about the school of life.

Both you and the OP may be disillusioned and that is understandable. But becoming self hating hopeless cowards is indefensible.
What you just said didn't even answer my question.
There is NO successful black nation in the whole world, The giant of Africa is the capital of poverty.
The most developed nation South Africa has a one of highest cases of murder and rape in the world.
The oil we have is not being used smartly at all.
We have the most uranium but don't even use or process it.
Tell me how there's a way for this continent?
If we protest soldiers will shoot, If we shoot back government will claim it as an act of terrorism.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by DeepSight(m): 12:43pm On Nov 16, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Leave those peeps to keep on dreaming. I've just given up on this country.

No mettle.
No fibre.

Coward.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by ollah2: 12:43pm On Nov 16, 2018
egopersonified:
We keep on calling out our leaders, as we do so, let us also search ourselves. If the whole of Nigeria migrates to Italy and Italians migrate to Nigeria with the same leaders in place, would things remain the same? As much as our leaders are nothing to write home about, are we the citizens any better in our daily activities. Till we see that an injury to one is an injury to all, till we learn to have compassion and till we begin to see beyond our present into our future, even if Trump is Nigerian president, nothing will change.

Well said. Nigerians care about themselves ALONE. You can't build a country without risks, sacrifices etc.. Until Nigerians know the government can't outpower focused united Nigerians then we will begin to get it right.

But Nigerians have divided themselves along religious, political, ethnic lines while those at the helms of affairs care less about all those but unite to continue to fúck the country dry. It's a mess

8 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Sibrah: 12:43pm On Nov 16, 2018
ollah2:

They serve the local gods because they know the powers they possess. Why can't they serve the useless and powerful foreign gods? They come to Nigerians as Christians and Muslims because Nigerians are dumb and will easily accept such fallacy but secretly they serve our local gods.

Well, if you think local gods need blood to give you food then same can be said about foreign gods. It's all in the bible and quran, we have read how murderous those gods are and our local gods are even good compared to the evils of the foreign gods.
What happened our local gods when white man was colonizing and enslaving Africa. Stupidity is doing same thing and expecting a different result.

6 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by HarryDuce(m): 12:43pm On Nov 16, 2018
People like the OP fail to realise that no matter how bad the country is, it is still ours to fix. We cannot all just up and leave. Who are we leaving it for? grin

Most youths front a lacklustre attitude to important things they should be concerned about and worry about irrelevancies. It's very ingrained in our faculties. There's much to be done. How have you helped in this regard? You're promoting cowardice instead.

The OP has passed his message though. If it is from self hate or his insecurities it's up to him to fix. Abroad will not fix inferiority complex. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by ollah2: 12:45pm On Nov 16, 2018
Sibrah:
What happened our local gods when white man was colonizing and enslaving Africa. Stupidity is doing same thing and expecting a different result.

We all know inferiority complex killed our forefathers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Explorers(m): 12:45pm On Nov 16, 2018
It's well.
Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Raalsalghul: 12:47pm On Nov 16, 2018
DeepSight:

No mettle.
No fibre.

Coward.
Say what you want but I'm entitled to my opinion. If you can't see that the country is bleeped up beyond repair, the joke is on you.

4 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by DeepSight(m): 12:48pm On Nov 16, 2018
Lucifer66:

What you just said didn't even answer my question.
There is NO successful black nation in the whole world, The giant of Africa is the capital of poverty.
The most developed nation South Africa has a one of highest cases of murder and rape in the world.
The oil we have is not being used smartly at all.
We have the most uranium but don't even use or process it.
Tell me how there's a way for this continent?
If we protest soldiers will shoot, If we shoot back government will claim it as an act of terrorism.

The absence of a developed black nation is a question highly influenced by climatic factors and thier interplay with the dynamics of trade and history. However things will pick up in the next century on account of the force of globalised infomation.

Please be specific with your question and perhaps I can answer it. If your question is however simply how we move forward, I will suggest you start by getting involved. And there are many levels at which you can be involved. Beyond just voting (since you don't believe in the available options) there is a lot you can contribute. Countries do not become developed magically. Humans do it. And you are human are you not?

Now tell me, can you not try to dream up an idea that will put your country on the map in one segment or the other?

4 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Lucifer66(m): 12:52pm On Nov 16, 2018
DeepSight:

The absence of a developed black nation is a question highly influenced by climatic factors and thier interplay with the dynamics of trade and history. However things will pick up in the next century on account of the force of globalised infomation.

Please be specific with your question and perhaps I can answer it. If your question is however simply how we move forward, I will suggest you start by getting involved. And there are many levels at which you can be involved. Beyond just voting (since you don't believe in the available options) there is a lot you can contribute. Countries do not become developed magically. Humans do it. And you are human are you not?

Now tell me, can you not try to dream up an idea that will put your country on the map in one segment or the other?
Climatic factors?
We have the advantages there, We only suffer from flooding which can be easily PREVENTED.
I can't dream of way this nation can go forward, Without a good leader there's no hope and all the good potential leaders are getting killed.
Believe me when I say Nigeria will break into a civil war soon, Maybe if buhari wins (a huge protest and then into blood shed by angry youths)
If Atiku wins( The north will start killing again but 5x more rapid)
There is no way but to jump off this sinking shiom

5 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by Sibrah: 12:52pm On Nov 16, 2018
ollah2:

We all know inferiority complex killed our forefathers.
Really. You need deliverance from inferiority complex.

2 Likes

Re: My Mini European Adventure And How It Has Changed My Perspective Towards Nigeria by ivolt: 12:53pm On Nov 16, 2018
chineji:
Did I talk about Italian women? I have never met such beautiful women in my life. Beautiful and very interesting. I used to think it was impossible for women to be interesting and funny but white women proved me so wrong. My Co workers were always so fun to have conversations with. They knew absolutely everything about everything cause they read a whole lot. In Italy, the women are always smiling all the time ( it's a total different ball game in most African countries where most women are always ugly and angry all the time) and the greetings omg. It's not weird to hug a woman and give her a peck on both cheeks and say bounjourno or bounesera depending on what time of the day it is. La spezia had a lot of beautiful women but then we took a road trip to Milan and it was like a total different ball game. It was just like a real life miss world beauty pageant.

Italian women are the most beautiful I have ever seen in my life. I just pray I can marry a Nigerian because ever since I got back all the girls are just ugly to my eyes cheesy

You need psychological help.
Your post is shallow and full of negativity.
Not even an "Italian wife" can cure you.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply)

Inside Saudi Arabia Saudia's Airline’s Onboard Prayer Room / Thousands Sign Petition To Stop Jeff Bezos From Returning To Earth / Lady Lodger Shocked To See Tiled Bedframes At An Enugu Hotel (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.