Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,837 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? (4867 Views)

Why Judaism Has More In Common With Islam Than Christianity / Why Islam Is Far Far More Reasonable And Nearer To The Truth Than Christianity / This Is Why Occultism/Atheism May Be More Popular Than Christianity In Few Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by shadeyinka(m): 7:38am On Jan 18, 2019
LordReed:

That's funny so with all your claim to knowledge you think the existence of software is undemonstrated? LMFAO! I can't even...

Since you know, show me!
It should be simple to describe the computer code in forensic examination of a physical computer.

It should be far much simpler than describing a soulor spirit
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by shadeyinka(m): 7:43am On Jan 18, 2019
HellVictorinho:

I deciphered it.
If computers require written information to function and you can't see it ordinarily or even understand that it exists because you're not computer literate, you should also accept that you lack knowledge of souls because you can't see the hereditary information ordinarily.
And we know that this information determines how we are meant to FUNCTION as humans.
So you can't exist as a child of your human parents without this information.
And you couldn't have come from nowhere.
You were born.
As for the first human cells,I don't think they were created.
The conditions necessary for the formation of such cells must have been in place before they occurred.
The conditions necessary for the transformation of these cells in such a way that would lead to complex systems must have also been in place before they occurred.
Genes are just consequences of the presence of life-causing factors which also affect the manner in which these life-forms occur.
Hey!
I just need you to use your own rules of determination of what is real or not with the obvious (a computer) so as to determine the appropriatness of your excellent logic
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by shadeyinka(m): 7:52am On Jan 18, 2019
LordReed:

You keep coming up with these flawed analogies. You have acknowledged that software's existence is demonstrable but come to the the conclusion that the undemonstrated spiritual realm is real. The only relevant thing here is demonstration which you are unable to supply for your spiritual realm.
Quite the opposite!
I had shown you that softwares existence is NOT demostratable please read again
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 18, 2019
shadeyinka:

Hey!
I just need you to use your own rules of determination of what is real or not with the obvious (a computer) so as to determine the appropriatness of your excellent logic
Using 'the computer analogy' to determine my logic is next to insanity.
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 18, 2019
shadeyinka:

Address the issue of "measurable physical evidence" as a proof of reality and don't put words in my mouth I didn't say
If you believe in spirits,fine.
However, the 'Possibility Of Spirit Realms' is a 'declarification'.
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 18, 2019
shadeyinka:

Address the issue of "measurable physical evidence" as a proof of reality and don't put words in my mouth I didn't say
If you believe in spirits,fine.
However, the 'Possibility Of Spirit Realms' is a 'declarification'.
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by shadeyinka(m): 7:59am On Jan 18, 2019
LordReed:

You keep coming up with these flawed analogies. You have acknowledged that software's existence is demonstrable but come to the the conclusion that the undemonstrated spiritual realm is real. The only relevant thing here is demonstration which you are unable to supply for your spiritual realm.
Pls quote the exact phase where I admitted that the software code is dempistratable. Read again.

I have simplified it for you. Yours is to check out the fact based on an obvious scenario.

In summary:
Show me that a software code can be described in physical terms, then your argument against theists hold perfectly otherwise, it is a BIG flaw.

As far as atheists are concerned. If it is not physically demostratable, it doesn't exist.

1 Like

Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Nobody: 8:00am On Jan 18, 2019
shadeyinka:

Do not put words in my mouth I didn't say
Define your supposition named 'Soul'.
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by shadeyinka(m): 8:02am On Jan 18, 2019
HellVictorinho:

Using 'the computer analogy' to determine my logic is next to insanity.
Trying to force theists to prove the existence of the spiritual using physical elements is thus Next to Insanity!

Your words!

1 Like

Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 18, 2019
shadeyinka:

Pls quote the exact phase where I admitted that the software code is dempistratable. Read again.

I have simplified it for you. Yours is to check out the fact based on an obvious scenario.

In summary:
Show me that a software code can be described in physical terms, then your argument against theists hold perfectly otherwise, it is a BIG flaw.

As far as atheists are concerned. If it is not physically demostratable, it doesn't exist.
Have you forgotten that these instructions/codes are written and the manner in which they are written can be demonstrated?
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 18, 2019
shadeyinka:

Trying to force theists to prove the existence of the spiritual using physical elements is thus Next to Insanity!

Your words!
Absolute nonsense.
Your supposition remains a supposition until the day you die.
When that day comes,you will be able to ascertain whether such possibilities can be actualized or not if there is actually an afterlife.
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by shadeyinka(m): 8:08am On Jan 18, 2019
HellVictorinho:

Define your supposition named 'Soul'.
In lay mans term:
The soul is your internal/personal IDENTITY
It defines your
INTELLECT
EMOTION and
WILL
That is the person (inside your physical body) YOU call
ME
I

If you are to relate the soul to the known, it is simply the Operating System and Application Softwares that run the Brain (CPU) of living beings.

I have answered your question. If you need more clarity, ask your question I will answer you.
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by LordReed(m): 8:10am On Jan 18, 2019
shadeyinka:

Since you know, show me!
It should be simple to describe the computer code in forensic examination of a physical computer.

It should be far much simpler than describing a soulor spirit

Demonstrate is different from show me how it looks like. You don't open up the computer innards looking for the software, you operate the computer and match the outcomes with the expectations.

This is simply what we require of you to show us as a demonstration of soul or spirit. Tell us the expectations of what the presence of spirit will indicate then show us the expected outcomes.

If you now say it does affect the physical then of what use is it and how do you know it exists?
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 18, 2019
shadeyinka:

In lay mans term:
The soul is your internal/personal IDENTITY
It defines your
INTELLECT
EMOTION and
WILL
That is the person (inside your physical body) YOU call
ME
I

If you are to relate the soul to the known, it is simply the Operating System and Application Softwares that run the Brain (CPU) of living beings.

I have answered your question. If you need more clarity, ask your question I will answer you.
You think SOUL identifies people.
Animals should also have souls then.
Animals can also make Heaven.
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by shadeyinka(m): 8:13am On Jan 18, 2019
HellVictorinho:

Have you forgotten that these instructions/codes are written and the manner in which they are written can be demonstrated?
Then the question of WHO is important for the proof of softwares in a computer.
Generically, we call the WHO Programmer!

However, my take is:
If you have never physically met the Programmer, does it proof that computer codes do NOT exist?
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by shadeyinka(m): 8:18am On Jan 18, 2019
HellVictorinho:

You think SOUL identifies people.
Animals should also have souls then.
Animals can also make Heaven.
Of course!
Animals have souls
Angels have souls
Humans have souls

Heaven and Hell is for Spiritual beings!
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by shadeyinka(m): 8:26am On Jan 18, 2019
LordReed:

Demonstrate is different from show me how it looks like. You don't open up the computer innards looking for the software, you operate the computer and match the outcomes with the expectations.

This is simply what we require of you to show us as a demonstration of soul or spirit. Tell us the expectations of what the presence of spirit will indicate then show us the expected outcomes.

If you now say it does affect the physical then of what use is it and how do you know it exists?

Demonstrate is different from show me how it looks like. You don't open up a man innards looking for the software the soul and spirit, you operate the computer watch the behaviour of a man and match the outcomes with the expectations.

This is simply what we require of you to show us as a demonstration of soul or spirit computer code. Tell us the expectations of what the presence of spirit computer software will indicate then show us the expected outcomes.

If you now say it does affect the physical computer then of what use is it and how do you know it exists?

Your answer to the above if you are willing to think Critically will set you free.

1 Like

Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by shadeyinka(m): 8:38am On Jan 18, 2019
HellVictorinho:

You still can't read well.
I never stated that computers can work without instructions.
I've destroyed your aims as regards this subject.
If the computer cannot work without the software how come the human can work only with the Hardware (brain etc). Even the DNA is loaded with codes and instructions.
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Nobody: 8:39am On Jan 18, 2019
shadeyinka:

Then the question of WHO is important for the proof of softwares in a computer.
Generically, we call the WHO Programmer!

However, my take is:
If you have never physically met the Programmer, does it proof that computer codes do NOT exist?
SOUL is an abstract term based on your definition.
But written instructions are physical.
You have not described the SOUL.
If you can define a system, you should be able to describe it.
We are not talking about abstracts like expressions,actions,ideas,etc.
We are talking about a system that supposedly makes it possible for these things to be demonstrated by the demonstrator.
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by LordReed(m): 8:40am On Jan 18, 2019
shadeyinka:

Demonstrate is different from show me how it looks like. You don't open up a man innards looking for the software the soul and spirit, you operate the computer watch the behaviour of a man and match the outcomes with the expectations.

This is simply what we require of you to show us as a demonstration of soul or spirit computer code. Tell us the expectations of what the presence of spirit computer software will indicate then show us the expected outcomes.

If you now say it does affect the physical computer then of what use is it and how do you know it exists?

Your answer to the above if you are willing to think Critically will set you free.

LMFAO! I Just knew this what you'll resort to, an attempt to obfuscate the issue. Computer software is not the issue mister, your spiritual realm that you consistent refuse to demonstrate is.
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by shadeyinka(m): 8:49am On Jan 18, 2019
HellVictorinho:
SOUL is an abstract term based on your definition.
But written instructions are physical.
You have not described the SOUL.
If you can define a system, you should be able to describe it.
We are not talking about abstracts like expressions,actions,ideas,etc.
We are talking about a system that supposedly makes it possible for this things to be demonstrated by the demonstrator.
This your answer shows that you have never written the simplest code "Hello World!"

Point of correction!
A computer software is not the written code.
A computer software does not have mass, dimension, charge etc associated with it!
A computer software is NOT tangible: Yet we know it exists because we have seen Programmers at work.
A computer code within a machine is actually not touchable, not quantifiable however, it is a distillation of the thought and will of the Programmer in a format only suitable for the hardware computer.

The soul is as the software is to a computer!
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 18, 2019
shadeyinka:

If the computer cannot work without the software how come the human can work only with the Hardware (brain etc). Even the DNA is loaded with codes and instructions.
The codes in the DNA are arrangements of certain chemical properties.
The Deoxy ribonucleic Acid is composed of life-defining structures .
But these structures are possible due to the Occurrence of Planet Earth.
As Planet Earth occurs,certain things happen, and this includes the occurrence of Life-Forms.
The Formation of the Earth millions/billions of years ago resulted in the possibility of DNA arrangements.
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 18, 2019
shadeyinka:

This your answer shows that you have never written the simplest code "Hello World!"

Point of correction!
A computer software is not the written code.
A computer software does not have mass, dimension, charge etc associated with it!
A computer software is NOT tangible: Yet we know it exists because we have seen Programmers at work.
A computer code within a machine is actually not touchable, not quantifiable however, it is a distillation of the thought and will of the Programmer in a format only suitable for the hardware computer.

The soul is as the software is to a computer!
I never stated that softwares are codes.
I indirectly stated that you can determine how these instructions are set.
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by shadeyinka(m): 9:03am On Jan 18, 2019
LordReed:

LMFAO! I Just knew this what you'll resort to, an attempt to obfuscate the issue. Computer software is not the issue mister, your spiritual realm that you consistent refuse to demonstrate is.
You are being evasive in tackling what should be obvious.

You don't believe in the spiritual reality: is it logical that anything about it will make sense to you?

Just like if a learned man obstinacy prevents him from admitting that a computer consists of BOTH the hardware and software parts: how do you now proceed to discuss Object Oriented Programming Concepts.

Let's go from the known to the unknown.
Your atheistic theory should apply excellently to the mundane computer.

If it fails in this simple task, the magnitude of failure in the complex will be more than massive.

I am sure you've gone through the internet to find a rebutal from your normal sources....and seeing none, you want to resort back to the old rhetorics of "show me a spirit"

Ko le werk!

On a serious note:
I am not here to win an argument: I am here to stimulate you to do some critical thinking. Else, you would find yourself deciding your fate in a Pascal's Wager without thinking!

1 Like

Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by shadeyinka(m): 9:11am On Jan 18, 2019
HellVictorinho:

I never stated that softwares are codes.
I indirectly stated that you can determine how these instructions are set.
Pls How?

Within the computer?
That is an impossibility!
It is impossible by any known means to measure, quantify or describe a code in a physical computer except with the same kind of tools used by the Programmer.

Pls think!
He who will do the Pascals Wager should choose with wisdom.
Think
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by LordReed(m): 9:22am On Jan 18, 2019
shadeyinka:

You are being evasive in tackling what should be obvious.

You don't believe in the spiritual reality: is it logical that anything about it will make sense to you?

Just like if a learned man obstinacy prevents him from admitting that a computer consists of BOTH the hardware and software parts: how do you now proceed to discuss Object Oriented Programming Concepts.

Let's go from the known to the unknown.
Your atheistic theory should apply excellently to the mundane computer.

If it fails in this simple task, the magnitude of failure in the complex will be more than massive.

I am sure you've gone through the internet to find a rebutal from your normal sources....and seeing none, you want to resort back to the old rhetorics of "show me a spirit"

Ko le werk!

On a serious note:
I am not here to win an argument: I am here to stimulate you to do some critical thinking. Else, you would find yourself deciding your fate in a Pascal's Wager without thinking!

LMFAO! Dude the issue was never about software so the sooner you stop playing that card the sooner we can address the real issue. Right from the begin of this conversation I said the game will be to bog down the issue with your sweet sounding analogy.

All one needs to know about this, is look at how NAND flash works. The silicon substrate contains the charges necessary to record data, all of it physical processes, repeatable, measurable and demonstrable.

Your spiritual realm however continues to be an undemonstrated illusory hypothesis that even formulating what the expectations or outcomes will be cannot be stated by you.
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by shadeyinka(m): 9:25am On Jan 18, 2019
HellVictorinho:

The codes in the DNA are arrangements of certain chemical properties.
The Deoxy ribonucleic Acid is composed of life-defining structures .
But these structures are possible due to the Occurrence of Planet Earth.
As Planet Earth occurs,certain things happen, and this includes the occurrence of Life-Forms.
The Formation of the Earth millions/billions of years ago resulted in the possibility of DNA arrangements.
Have you heard of the BIOS of a computer?
It is hardcoded software in a hardware can't you see that it mirrors slightly what the DNA is to living beings.

Even then, the BIOS I programmed by a Programmer.

Your conclusion is that by evolution, a computer can self asseble and program itself over billions of years!?
.. all without a Designer and a Programmer!

I am not here to discuss evolution BUT think.

If your athistic theories cannot hold on a mundane computer, how would it hold on deeper things.

Don't play poker with your life over that which is not logically iron-cast!

I've made my point; and I'll like to go.
This is my first post in almost a year: I do not intend to be active on Nairaland.
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 18, 2019
shadeyinka:

Have you heard of the BIOS of a computer?
It is hardcoded software in a hardware can't you see that it mirrors slightly what the DNA is to living beings.

Even then, the BIOS I programmed by a Programmer.

Your conclusion is that by evolution, a computer can self asseble and program itself over billions of years!?
.. all without a Designer and a Programmer!

I am not here to discuss evolution BUT think.

If your athistic theories cannot hold on a mundane computer, how would it hold on deeper things.

Don't play poker with your life over that which is not logically iron-cast!

This is my first post in almost a year: I do not intend to be active on Nairaland.
Absolute nonsense.
You're comparing the origin of the computer to the origin of man.
I'm not an evolutionist.
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by shadeyinka(m): 9:39am On Jan 18, 2019
LordReed:

LMFAO! Dude the issue was never about software so the sooner you stop playing that card the sooner we can address the real issue. Right from the begin of this conversation I said the game with be bog down the issue with your sweet sounding analogy.

All one needs to know about this, is look at how NAND flash works. The silicon substrate contains the charges necessary to record data, all of it physical processes, repeatable, measurable and demonstrable.

Your spiritual realm however continues to be an undemonstrated illusory hypothesis that even formulating what the expectations or outcomes will be cannot be stated by you.
Like an ostrich who buries it's head in the sand!
Like a fly who follows a corpse into the grave!

If you can't unravel the mundane, what business do you think you have being an expert in spiritual things to say it doesn't exist

Think on these things
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 18, 2019
LordReed:

LMFAO! Dude the issue was never about software so the sooner you stop playing that card the sooner we can address the real issue. Right from the begin of this conversation I said the game will be to bog down the issue with your sweet sounding analogy.

He is not talking about the computer's technology.
He is talking about the determiner of the computer's functions.
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 18, 2019
shadeyinka:

Pls How?

Within the computer?
That is an impossibility!
It is impossible by any known means to measure, quantify or describe a code in a physical computer except with the same kind of tools used by the Programmer.

Pls think!
He who will do the Pascals Wager should choose with wisdom.
Think
Within the computer?
That's your stupid question.
You have stated that the programmer makes use of tools.
Can you also describe how your Designer programmed the DNA?
Re: DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? by LordReed(m): 10:05am On Jan 18, 2019
shadeyinka:

Like an ostrich who buries it's head in the sand!
Like a fly who follows a corpse into the grave!

If you can't unravel the mundane, what business do you think you have being an expert in spiritual things to say it doesn't exist

Think on these things

Nothing to think about since you've presented nothing new or notable.

Bye.

BTW I don't care to a master of imaginary realms unless I decide to be an author in the guise of JK Rowling or Terry Pratchett.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Demon Eater: My Demonic Astral Adventure / Earth Is A Giant Ancient Quarry, A Mined Wasteland Of Advance Races Of Beings. / What Does The Death Of Christ Mean To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.