Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick (41853 Views)

Curvy New Jersey Teacher Under Fire As Parents Call For Her Sack (Photos) / Cultism: Uyo High School Shut, Students Order Principal To Release Cultists / Secondary School Shut Over Strange Behavior Of Girls Shaking Their Chests.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by adedehinbo(m): 12:19pm On Nov 13, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

We are scared for the security of our children and want muslims who want to wear hijab to go to strictly schools.

Is that too much to ask? I, for example, won't allow my children to go to the same school with a muslim child adorning the Hijab. It's a mindset thing and nothing can change it. Muslims have not even tried to dispel the nation that they are radical terrorists so why should I as a christian parent be comfortable with my wards in the same school with an hijabite?

While growing up in yorubaland, this Hijab issue never raised its ugly head. But due to the ascension of islamists in Nigeria's politics, the muslim ummah is the SW are throwing away what binds us together as omoluabi to embrace islamism from the North. Should I as a christian be comfortable with that?

I want you to answer me.
enrol your children to strictly Christian school then,not public school
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by dracosith(m): 12:19pm On Nov 13, 2018
adedehinbo:
slowpoke with this attitudes of yours its very obvious you one those Christian terrorists

Hahahahaha....Why are you being fictional and pathetic? Name one Christian killing in the name of his God.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by IFNOTGOD(m): 12:19pm On Nov 13, 2018
tayyibb:

And you think they are not been mistreated?
Actually they are

The foundation of Nigerian education was based on the idea of our colonial master most if not all were Christian missionaries.
Everything about the structure is in line with Christianity,that is why you can't see anything wrong in it.

We are now an independent nation,our ideology too should be independent,we know there are both Christians and Muslims in this country let accommodate both and stop hiding under secularism, Nigeria is not a secular nation except we want to deceive ourselves.

What is wrong in wearing hijab?will it affect your own dress?
Tell me.The problem stems from the fact that we claim to live together but we fail to understand eachother.
Muslim prays compulsorily 5times a day and part of the requirements is for you to cover what is necessary in your body.If Muslims are not allow to wear hijab,they won't be able to do this obligation anywhere they are whenever there is time for the prayer.

Any thing that is demanded by Muslims are called many names Islamisation, extremism, terrorism.Let stop this and reason intellectually.We are all biased in one way or the other we just don't won't to agree,give us space too what are you afraid of.

Islam is not limited to mosque,it pervades all areas of a Muslim life,he must look at everything with Islamic spectacles and act accordingly.

If it is a private enterprise u can have it in your way but for government owned we both have the right to enjoy it without infringement on our fundamental rights.

try get sense is education taught using d Christian book?
Education has a foundation n basic principles, maths, English n science subject all are not taught using Christian doctrines
d school has a uniform
so stop saying maltreated
if u don't know what to type shut up.
d missionaries brought education to Nigeria n read ur book very well civilization started in Egypt not even in d so called missionary countries

u are quick to attack d western world but yet u use everything dey produce including d fone u used in typing d nonsense above
d electronics u use are all based on d missionary doctrine
people like u are quick to banned d sale of cigarettes, beer in d north yet share from d tax dat accrue from it

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 13, 2018
dracosith:

But you know he is right

They all know I am right now. Even if I was wrong, can the whole world be wrong to label muslims terrorists?

Muslims too know that they are terrorists so no contest!

I just urge every non muslim to be wary and extremely careful around muslims.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 13, 2018
adedehinbo:

Exactly what I and millions of christian parents will do. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by dracosith(m): 12:21pm On Nov 13, 2018
adedehinbo:

And you think wearing of hijab makes a school public? What are you even saying?

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 13, 2018
They are not the only ones in this country na.. I remember working in at the int airport then, those muslim staffs under me would be taking permission to go pray/relax while other staffs are on duty, then on friday just forget am.. na inside mosque them dey sleep & u can't deny them permission oo. Abeg i like the decision of the school against hijab wearing. No preferential treatment..
No need to even talk about those of them that walk about with swords, daggers freely in front of police men/ sars meanwhile ordinary smart phone them see for our hand them go drill u at gun point, take u to the nearest atm & obtain ur sorry äss
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by adedehinbo(m): 12:24pm On Nov 13, 2018
dracosith:

And you think wearing of hijab makes a school public? What are you even saying?
if you don't want any hijab wearing student near your kids,kindly look for a missionary school to enrol your kids,if you must bring to a govt school,they must abide to the rule of which states that you should respect everyone's belief
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by stixz(m): 12:27pm On Nov 13, 2018
neyobills:

These people can also decide to wear it everyday the same way some Muslims also choose not to wear hijab,its called choice and u can't dictate what another religion decided to do with their attire, or is your nonsense sense not telling u that not only Muslims have the monopoly of wearing their attire whenever they deem fit.
Until it becomes a part of their day to day activity, an important part of their lives I don't see why they should advocate for it. Hijab has been part of Muslims for a long time, over 1000 years, you see people on the street wearing it, how often do you see people wear ogun ahbi sango attire in public. Don't let us be beclouded by religious sentiments, there's no reason why hijab shouldn't be allowed, muslims believe it's an important part of themselves and they manifest it in their everyday life and it really doesn't affect anyone. But people with religious spite just always have a reason to have a problem with it
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by kevoh(m): 12:27pm On Nov 13, 2018
Nigerian Parents! They will not park their cars to protest and enforce state of the art laboratories (American Standard), sports facilities for their kids, the lack of inter state schools competitions e.t.c things that will actually be of benefit to their wards! Instead, they parked their cars to protest/enforce hijab! undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Akjwyzepal(m): 12:27pm On Nov 13, 2018
tayyibb:

And you think they are not been mistreated?
Actually they are

The foundation of Nigerian education was based on the idea of our colonial master most if not all were Christian missionaries.
Everything about the structure is in line with Christianity,that is why you can't see anything wrong in it.

We are now an independent nation,our ideology too should be independent,we know there are both Christians and Muslims in this country let accommodate both and stop hiding under secularism, Nigeria is not a secular nation except we want to deceive ourselves.

What is wrong in wearing hijab?will it affect your own dress?
Tell me.The problem stems from the fact that we claim to live together but we fail to understand eachother.
Muslim prays compulsorily 5times a day and part of the requirements is for you to cover what is necessary in your body.If Muslims are not allow to wear hijab,they won't be able to do this obligation anywhere they are whenever there is time for the prayer.

Any thing that is demanded by Muslims are called many names Islamisation, extremism, terrorism.Let stop this and reason intellectually.We are all biased in one way or the other we just don't won't to agree,give us space too what are you afraid of.

Islam is not limited to mosque,it pervades all areas of a Muslim life,he must look at everything with Islamic spectacles and act accordingly.

If it is a private enterprise u can have it in your way but for government owned we both have the right to enjoy it without infringement on our fundamental rights.

I don't want to insult you but it's very obvious you're ignorant. What happens to Muslim colleges? Ansarudeen do they allow people to wear celestial robes and rosaries there? Put your child in a government Muslim school you can't try to impose your religion on anyone this same thing you say your religion preaches peace and tolerance. You said they're been mistreated so the school also allow Christians to wear their robes or you think it's not compulsory for some Christians to wear rosary or use scarf. Think before you talk and stop portraying Islam as a religion of hijab. The world is watching you guys are turning this hijab to a god.
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by jojotemitopaz(m): 12:28pm On Nov 13, 2018
dracosith:

I have every problem with that since Muslims all over the world have proved to be so cruel and security threatening. I ain’t saying Christians are all saints but the majority of the world security invaders are Muslims (correct me if am wrong). So the best way this can be tolerated is not reminding us who you are. Islam always has its way of forcing there life styles on every one else and every society. What is actually your problem? How can you allow hijab to case such a disaster? If the protest was that no prayers should be said on assembly grounds or Islam prayers should be said along, it would be understandable. But bringing your religious culture for everyone to not just tolorate but accept is madness and selfishness. I will never take my child to such school. No other religion family (be it Christian, sango, osun etc)will feel secure doing this considering the Islamic extremism all over the world. You guys should just grow up and give peace a chance. No other religion would ever do this. The Jehovah witness don’t clap they hands when praising God but have you ever heard them protest on that? Every religion has its life style yet choose not to be problematic but Islam, no way. You always find every way to to throw a grenade.
#givepeaceachance

Have you objectively seen the world to see where the troubled hot spots are? Objectively, who gets killed the most in their own countries? If you go to the north the larger populations are Muslims. Who gets killed, raped and enslaved the most? How many Muslims can go to the east to build mosques anywhwre and brag about it anyhow? But who makes the loudest noise? Who cries foul even when the issues have nothing to do with them...

The big problem is we are all getting less and less tolerant of one another and wanting to impose our believes on others ... If you check this objectively you would see that those who are crying as victims are the ones who are actually oppressing

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Akjwyzepal(m): 12:28pm On Nov 13, 2018
kevoh:
Nigerian Parents! They will not park their cars to protest and enforce state of the art laboratories (American Standard), sports facilities for their kids, the lack of inter state schools competitions e.t.c things that will actually be of benefit to their wards! Instead, they parked their cars to protest/enforce hijab! undecided undecided
it's saddening they now turn hijab to thin God
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by adedehinbo(m): 12:28pm On Nov 13, 2018
dracosith:

Hahahahaha....Why are you being fictional and pathetic? Name one Christian killing in the name of his God.
because we Muslim's doesn't stoop so low to be deceptive just to garner hate to other religion,what if a group of people decides to start chanting Jesus Christ's and beheads people,if it goes viral,what would you feel like,don't be a hypocrite,you just have to learn more abt terrorism and its sponsors,you would be shocked

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by dracosith(m): 12:30pm On Nov 13, 2018
adedehinbo:
if you don't want any hijab wearing student near your kids,kindly look for a missionary school to enrol your kids,if you must bring to a govt school,they must abide to the rule of which states that you should respect everyone's belief

Respect everyone’s beliefs does not include posing insecurity to everyone else. The only reason other religion are against Muslims and there life styles are there extremists behavior and lifeless killings. Name a Christian killing in the name of his God and I will drop my argument.

#say_no_to_wearing_of_hijab_to_public_places
#keepyourreligioninyourhouseorthemosque

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Sterope(f): 12:30pm On Nov 13, 2018
Actually millions of women do wear them...but for ISI students, it is a fashion statement!

Also, tights would be the last thing I would expect a Nigerian female secondary student to wear to school. It is so out of place in a country like Nigeria.

VolvoS60:

^^^
Madam,

I have not been to that place in years.

I do not know if the current school rules explicitly approve provocative dressing by female pupils. If you have the current position kindly update the rest of us.

P.S. I am no expert on female dresswear, but are tights regarded as provocative clothing? Don't millions of conservatively dressed women worldwide wear them as undergarments?

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 13, 2018
jojotemitopaz:

If he or she upholds those values to his or her life why not? The point is u can never create balance in a system by oppressing the values of one over others. Those are not your values so u can never understand why it is they do what they do to protect it...its this simple....tolerance is what I see every one lacking...you see their values through yours and assume what is best for them or not...that pure intolerance and injustice

You have a point but we just have to either obey the constitution that Nigeria is a secular state or restructure the nation along religious, ethnic and regional lines.
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Akjwyzepal(m): 12:31pm On Nov 13, 2018
adedehinbo:
are you too poor to enroll your children in strictly Muslim schools when you want them to wear hijab? Or are there no government strictly Muslim schools? Hypocrites
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Sterope(f): 12:32pm On Nov 13, 2018
Your white masters

Joseph Kony

....And no Muslims don't kill over religion.

dracosith:

Respect everyone’s beliefs does not include posing insecurity to everyone else. The only reason other religion are against Muslims and there life styles are there extremists behavior and lifeless killings. Name a Christian killing in the name of his God and I will drop my argument.

#say_no_to_wearing_of_hijab_to_public_places
#keepyourreligioninyourhouseorthemosque
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by dracosith(m): 12:33pm On Nov 13, 2018
adedehinbo:
because we Muslim's doesn't stoop so low to be deceptive just to garner hate to other religion,what if a group of people decides to start chanting Jesus Christ's and beheads people,if it goes viral,what would you feel like,don't be a hypocrite,you just have to learn more abt terrorism and its sponsors,you would be shocked

I am not so unaware to dispute the political part of terrorism yet Muslims elements made them self available before politicians picked it up. Your Koran somehow support it�‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Akjwyzepal(m): 12:36pm On Nov 13, 2018
stixz:

Until it becomes a part of their day to day activity, an important part of their lives I don't see why they should advocate for it. Hijab has been part of Muslims for a long time, over 1000 years, you see people on the street wearing it, how often do you see people wear ogun ahbi sango attire in public. Don't let us be beclouded by religious sentiments, there's no reason why hijab shouldn't be allowed, muslims believe it's an important part of themselves and they manifest it in their everyday life and it really doesn't affect anyone. But people with religious spite just always have a reason to have a problem with it
take your children to an sarudeen or Muslim colleges you can't intimidate anyone with your religion, because Christians are civilized enough not to intimidate anyone with their religion doesn't mean they don't have rules or attires.
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 13, 2018
It is time for christians to open their eyes and see what muslims have in stock for us. Islam is anything but tolerant and peaceful.

The more reason why christians should do away with political correctness and take more than a passing interest in their local politics and security measures around muslims. We can't be so educated and naïve at the same time. The two are too diametrically opposed to find a meeting point.

A word they say is enough for the wise.

#nuffsaid

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 13, 2018
Sterope:
Your white masters

Joseph Kony

Muslim don't kill over religion?

You must think the whole world is stupid.

In the words of uncle Jimi Disu, 2nd base jareeeee
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by jojotemitopaz(m): 12:41pm On Nov 13, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

It's the fear for our security: islamophobia

Can you blame us for having a morbid fear of islam?

I need you to answer my question.

And you cant see where the problem lies? You are oppressing the values of those you have phobias for and you tagging in on a law....where you need to preach tolerance to yourself you are fueling it with hatred....this is where Nigeria's problem is...we hate ourselves and pretend as though all is well...this is how the whites hated the blacks and always managed to somehow push the blames on them even though they were the obvious victims
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by shams040(m): 12:42pm On Nov 13, 2018
Why do Christians like oppressing the Muslims?

I think there is need for a general policy all over the country for the respect of what Muslims practice.

I don't think Muslims do this to them. It really unfair and I count this as social illiteracy.
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by dracosith(m): 12:42pm On Nov 13, 2018
Sterope:
Your white masters

Joseph Kony

Joseph Kony was a black man from Uganda and not a white man dumb head. Read about him and you will see a possessed man from a Christian home who worked with charms. That still doesn’t answer my question. My friend go and sleep

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Akjwyzepal(m): 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2018
Sterope:
Your white masters

Joseph Kony

you know you're a liar, who's your white masters? Joseph kony is an Ugandan man. Which never stated his religion to be Christianity, he said he's doing what he's doing based on the 10 commandments, thesame 10 commandment you and I know. It's obvious he's not a Christian. And incase you don't know Christianity is not just a religion.
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by ImaIma1(f): 12:46pm On Nov 13, 2018
adioolayi:

Who told you other religion doesnt have acceptable standard mode of dressing Most times muslims put sentiments in their arguements. Go to conservative christian churches and seee if their women are allowed not to cover their hair. ISI is a circular private school, and not a place of worship. If they want to practise their religion, they should enrol their wards at Addin college, Ahmaddiya, Isabatudeen and other muslim run private schools

Or Ansar udeen high school. They just like to look for trouble.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by dracosith(m): 12:48pm On Nov 13, 2018
Muslims don’t kill over religion ����the biggest lie I have heard this year.

Name one regious crises that happens in southern Nigeria? It’s always in the north to see the level of Islamic violence.
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by jojotemitopaz(m): 12:48pm On Nov 13, 2018
princfred:
Your values where there is need for uniformity? Soo an alter can also start wearing his long robes to school for the quest of his value? Then where is school uniform in that? It is islamist that need to tolerate and respect the school managements secular stand on UNIFORM.
I think you would need to revisit the stories of the past where it was against the law for blacks to sit where the whites sat. That there are laws don't mean that there is justice. The laws where created for the whites to be superior over the blacks...now would you say every black man that revolted the injustice wax wrong to have gone against the law even though it was clearly oppressive against them....as I have said and been saying ..where we should be preaching tolerance we are preaching hatred and expecting us to have an environment full of peace....I hope we all learn to be more tolerant anyways
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Akjwyzepal(m): 12:49pm On Nov 13, 2018
shams040:
Why do Christians like oppressing the Muslims?

I think there is need for a general policy all over the country for the respect of what Muslims practice.

I don't think Muslims do this to them. It really unfair and I count it as not and I count this as social illiteracy.
you don't _think_ Muslims do that to them. Practice your religion in the appropriate place and stop constituting a nuisance of yourself. General respect of what u practice? Why don't you declare Nigeria an Islamic country, uneducated fool
Re: University Of Ibadan International School Shut Over Hijab As Parents Kick by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 13, 2018
jojotemitopaz:

And you cant see where the problem lies? You are oppressing the values of those you have phobias for and you tagging in on a law....where you need to preach tolerance to yourself you are fueling it with hatred....this is where Nigeria's problem is...we hate ourselves and pretend as though all is well...this is how the whites hated the blacks and always managed to somehow push the blames on them even though they were the obvious victims

What are you talking about? Has anybody stopped muslims from adorning hijab on the streets of Nigeria?

What parents and schools are advocating is that Hijab should not be worn in our public secondary schools. Besides, there is a subsisting Court of Appeal Judgment upholding the right of muslim girls to wear Hijab. So where is the oppression and hatred?

As for me personally, I wouldn't allow my children go to a school where Hijab is allowed. That is my personal decision and no amount of muslim condemnation will change that. I am too experienced to be fooled by muslim lies. I know that the religion is violent and barbaric. No Jupiter can convince me otherwise.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Davido & Chioma Featured In YABATECH Exam Questions / OAU: The Most Beautiful Estate Among Nigerian Universities / See This Student's Definitions Of Food Poison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.