Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (824976 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tod12: 11:38am On Dec 22, 2018
Hey! Thanks. I'll contact the bank. I guess there's some restriction of some sort.

ChandlerBing:

I used FBN Dollar card. It went through at first try.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 22, 2018
Bonvieto:
It's PPR! Sorry for the delay in dropping this, it’s been a long hectic week

I thank God for everything.

THIS IS GOD AT WORK!!!! BY HIS MERCIES HE WILL GRANT US THIS PPR AND IT SHALL END IN PRAISE IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME, AMEN. CONGRATULATIONS TO U AND URS AND MAY YOU EXPERIENCE MORE GRACE IN CANNY. IN BTW ,DID YOU NOTICE THE DATES OF UR IP2 AND IP1 ?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 11:55am On Dec 22, 2018
Try another browser, make sure adobe on your PC is up-to-date. If all fails, use opera mini on your phone to download, you can then transfer to your PC.
freshdad:
Hello good people,

I have trying to download the IMM 5562(travel history) and no luck.

Any tips on how to get it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 11:57am On Dec 22, 2018
Congrats, go and prosper!

Bonvieto:

My timeline
PPR: Dec 18

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 12:02pm On Dec 22, 2018
Congratulations @Bonvieto
Amazing testimony, so happy for you.
Enjoy your new country

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sthill5: 12:22pm On Dec 22, 2018
Bonvieto:

My timeline

ITA: July 25, 2018
AOR: Sept 3, 2018
Biometrics: Sept 26, 2018
RPRF Mail: Nov 20,2018
Visa office: Ottawa
IELTS: First attempt (FEB 10) LSRW 8.5,8.5,8.5,7.5

POF:
used my savings account, and gift deed from my parents, and a simple LOE explaining that

My

Congrats!!

Wishing myself and others a fast ppr

We can't wait to leave Naija for good

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sthill5: 12:23pm On Dec 22, 2018
tippex:

I am here o, waiting on AVO to free me. Clocked 6 months on the 14th embarassed

Have you ordered GCMS?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Swtibogirl88: 12:24pm On Dec 22, 2018
Oh G
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kakashi12(m): 12:56pm On Dec 22, 2018
OYASALOF:
Update grin cheesy

AOR: Nov 19
MEP: Dec 21
Biometrics request: Dec 21

Patience is key

My AOR is Nov 20...waiting for MEP

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by KunmiRoxitaLTD: 1:11pm On Dec 22, 2018
Institute for industrial technology or industrial Engineering at Germany university

Some advice me to go for IIT for 6month @ 700k
But I planned to study IE at Germany

Please advice me , which one guarantee me better job?
Which one will help me fast in my career growth ?
I had HND in mechanical engineering
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Kmgb1: 1:12pm On Dec 22, 2018
Wow !!!! The excitement of this paat few days gingered me to register a new moniker as i couldnt log in to the old one anyway
CONGRATULATIONS everyone. COPR,PPR( especially my fellow Oct AORs) and the most delicious ITA for peeps on 439. We thank the Almighty
Special Congrats Skywalk12,Olajide21,Wassynewest and Topsmamen
Thanks to all those answering questions and keeping the thread alive,your reward awaits you in Canny.
To everyone waiting for a breakthrough especially on IELTS..just believe!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Uchihasasuke19: 1:31pm On Dec 22, 2018
Hello good people of NL,

Do people pay for Biometrics. I just want save for that before I spend all my cash this holiday period grin.
As I will most likely be invited for Biometrics in January.

Thanks..
uchiha Sasuke

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by shege45: 1:37pm On Dec 22, 2018
Is there is watsap group for December aor
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by SolutionsGuy: 1:48pm On Dec 22, 2018
freshdad:
Hello good people,

I have trying to download the IMM 5562(travel history) and no luck.

Any tips on how to get it

Thread Managers,

Is it possible to upload a pdf copy of this "travel history" form on Page 1? Seems a number of people find it challenging to download.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Treasure1611: 1:56pm On Dec 22, 2018
Very big Congratulations!!!!!!!
Please how did you know your visa office.
Bonvieto:

My timeline

POF:
used my savings account, and gift deed from my parents, and a simple LOE explaining that

My story
I got deported from the UK, naa scam lawyer do me, lawyer never submitted my residence application but kept taking my money, I only found out when I got picked up, out of the blue, but it is well. Sharing this in case anyone is on this thread and wondering if being deported from another country other than Canada affects one’s chances of obtaining PPR from Canada, it doesn’t!!!

Immediately I touched down in Nigeria, I gave myself a month to wallow, and by Jan 2018, I began the EE process, I paid for IELTS and wrote in Jan, I used WES to verify my Masters Degree from the UK, it was straightforward and easy for me sha, not sure why ppl nowadays complain of WES?. I didn’t need to verify my BSc. Thanks to this forum.

POF was an almighty struggle, rejected my first ITA because I couldn’t get the complete POF, but I didn’t give up, I reapplied again and put double effort to get the POF sorted, I only used a simple savings account, gift deed, and LOE explaining the huge chunk inflow in a short time.
OH and yes I did say during my application that I was deported before, and I explained the reasons and submitted proof in my LOE, and it ended in praise, Thank God.

MY ADVICE;
1. Don’t lie, Canada runs checks before and after you get your PPR.
2. Try and make your LOE as simple and straight to the point as possible
3. I used a pdf creator to arrange my documents, I also named each document with my name express entry number and what document it was e.g Lagbaja LOE 12345789.pdf
4. One thing I have realised is the easier you make it for an Officer to read your application the quicker it gets approved.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by futureenergy: 1:57pm On Dec 22, 2018
Bonvieto:

My timeline

MY ADVICE;
3. I used a pdf creator to arrange my documents, I also named each document with my name express entry number and what document it was e.g Lagbaja LOE 12345789.pdf
4. One thing I have realised is the easier you make it for an Officer to read your application the quicker it gets approved.

Massive Congratulations my brother!
Many thanks for the advice, No.4 works like magic.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by dives(m): 2:04pm On Dec 22, 2018
Hello guys. Seasons greetings!!

Please I have the following questions.

1. When completing the personal activities section what did you guys fill for the one month period in which we were in NYSC camp? I am leaving it as

Activity type -unemployed
Since - March of that year to March of the same year
What I was doing - undergoing paramilitary training
Name of Employer, school facility- National youth
service orientation Camp.

How did you guys fill yours?

2. I can't see where I am to upload supporting documents or the document checklist. Is it when I am done filling all the details of the form that it takes me to the option of uploading documents?

3. For travel history, where it was asked from when to when, if i want to fill the "to" period, is it the date that was stamped by the country in question as the date I left that country, or is it the date of arrival stamped by Nigerian immigration?

4. Please Is there any group for post ITA peeps?

Thanks guys!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 3:04pm On Dec 22, 2018
I wouldn't advise that. The forms are updated irregularly on cic site, so you can't be sure you are using an outdated form unless you download from the site. And there are many forms that could be requested for.
SolutionsGuy:

Thread Managers,

Is it possible to upload a pdf copy of this "travel history" form on Page 1? Seems a number of people find it challenging to download.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by drcynthia(f): 3:50pm On Dec 22, 2018
SolutionsGuy:

Thread Managers,

have they tried downloading the doc using their PC?
because I just used my PC n it downloaded.
If anyone needs it they can pm me...so I send it to them via email.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by drcynthia(f): 3:57pm On Dec 22, 2018
joo2018:
I wouldn't advise that. The forms are updated irregularly on cic site, so you can't be sure you are using an outdated form unless you download from the site. And there are many forms that could be requested for.
@joo2018 you are right!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by drcynthia(f): 4:03pm On Dec 22, 2018
Uchihasasuke19:
Hello good people of NL,

Do people pay for Biometrics. I just want save for that before I spend all my cash this holiday period grin.
As I will most likely be invited for Biometrics in January.

Thanks..
uchiha Sasuke
hello, for EE purpose, not that I know of Biometrics fee is usually added when u are paying for your application/submitting....at least that's how mine went and few people I know of "post July 31st AOR".

So after u get Biometrics request, all u need to do is book an appointment for VFS Lagos and walk in for Abuja VFS office (as I heard), then you go for your capturing with the biometric request letter which also serves as your receipt....

Elders in the house can add....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by GozyNA: 4:20pm On Dec 22, 2018
KunmiRoxitaLTD:
Institute for industrial technology or industrial Engineering at Germany university

Some advice me to go for IIT for 6month @ 700k
But I planned to study IE at Germany

Please advice me , which one guarantee me better job?
Which one will help me fast in my career growth ?
I had HND in mechanical engineering

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by SolutionsGuy: 4:29pm On Dec 22, 2018
joo2018:

That's right.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by FirstTImeUser: 4:46pm On Dec 22, 2018
Inspiring story I must say.congratulations

My ita is also about to expire because I am yet to get my pof.

How many days between the day money landed in your account and AOR?

thanks in anticipation of your answer.
Bonvieto:

My timeline

POF:

My story
I got deported from the UK, naa scam lawyer do me, lawyer never submitted my residence application but kept taking my money, I only found out when I got picked up, out of the blue, but it is well. Sharing this in case anyone is on this thread and wondering if being deported from another country other than Canada affects one’s chances of obtaining PPR from Canada, it doesn’t!!!

Immediately I touched down in Nigeria, I gave myself a month to wallow, and by Jan 2018, I began the EE process, I paid for IELTS and wrote in Jan, I used WES to verify my Masters Degree from the UK, it was straightforward and easy for me sha, not sure why ppl nowadays complain of WES?. I didn’t need to verify my BSc. Thanks to this forum.

POF was an almighty struggle, rejected my first ITA because I couldn’t get the complete POF, but I didn’t give up, I reapplied again and put double effort to get the POF sorted, I only used a simple savings account, gift deed, and LOE explaining the huge chunk inflow in a short time.
OH and yes I did say during my application that I was deported before, and I explained the reasons and submitted proof in my LOE, and it ended in praise, Thank God.

MY ADVICE;

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by titiclassy: 6:00pm On Dec 22, 2018
When you dont rely on your own understanding and allow God, things go better than you had planned.

After getting married to my amazing husband, he will be singing songs of how he will never leave Naija ..it was a bitter medicine to swallow daily. I tried all forms of convincing mechanisms but they never worked. I then resolved to prayer and hope.

In January 2018, I woke up to an impromptu family strategy session. And Strategic action item 1 was to give the Canada express entry a shot...I couldn't believe my ears. I was so glad. I was tired of naija issues, no matter how much you earn ..you go through the same struggles of.no power, no working structures, cheats,

We started WES journey...ASUU strike affected us small. Eventually my husband's assessment got sorted within 2 months (trust Unilag)while mine took almost 4 months (great OAU). Meanwhile I took my ielts...hubby wasn't ready for exam palava..I had a shortfall of 0.5 in.listening. R S and W were perfect. I decided to retake within 2 weeks and.my spirit led me to change from BC to MOD this time. That was how I bagged my 9.9.8.7.5.

By May we were ready to enter pool with score of 457, but I was heavily pregnant. Hubby says we shld wait for baby to avoid raising CSE. I wasnt cool with waiting, we fought over it but he had his way..and we waited 2 months . Now we took baby for capture at just 10 days old (I know, I know...and I am sorry) it was hard getting him to stay awake for capture...but we did it. That was d same day we did our ppc and medical a week after.
We submitted our application the same week we entered pool as were 16points ahead of cut off. Then d waiting started.

AOR July 26th
Mep/IP1 August 17th
IP2 November 15th ( waiting for this looked.like forever) we already attended planning for Canada session.
So we were praying that PPR comes before end of November because our rent was expiring and we had no extra for landlord. But IRCC didnt agree. Eventually we had to hustle out 3 months rent give baba.
Dec 8th I got.mail from donotreply...checked my account and saw 'Request Letter' ..I jumped from d sofa and started dancing shaku, etigi and gbe body e...thinking it was PPR. I opened the letter and saw the popular ADR for form IMM5406... I just weak.
Myself and hubby filled form , scanned and uploaded.
It was after 5 days we now discovered that we only uploaded ...we.didn't submit. How cld I have known that there was a next button at d down down part of d screen.
Any ways I mailed Ottawa that we have submitted oooo and got a reply 2 days later.

PPR mail came on Dec 19th..
We submitted to vfs 20th and hoping we get it mid January

All praise to God.

Me I have already gotten winter wear for all of us and ready to.land February by Gods grace.

Still thinking if we should book now or wait till mid January for possibility of January sales..

Great Toronto area is our target as hubby is a Technology consultant and me an I.T business analyst..we both in the I.T domain.

We pray the maple land offer us the milk and honey we are searching for . AMEN

Wishing all the hopefuls success stories

127 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jbelieve: 6:07pm On Dec 22, 2018
titiclassy:
When you dont rely on your own understanding and allow God, things go better than you had planned.

We pray the maple land offer us the milk and honey we are searching for . AMEN

Wishing all the hopefuls success stories

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by shege45: 6:10pm On Dec 22, 2018
@Ramj pls how do i get a whatsapp link for december aor
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 22, 2018
Congratulations to you and yours!!!! If I were you, I’d book now, tickets for that time should be affordable edible atm. Yet to get my COPR but I’ve booked my ticket lol

titiclassy:
When you dont rely on your own understanding and allow God, things go better than you had forever)

PPR mail came on Dec 19th..
We submitted to vfs 20th and hoping we get it mid January

All praise to God.

Still thinking if we should book now or wait till mid January for possibility of sales

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Bonvieto: 6:36pm On Dec 22, 2018
i worked in Nigeria before i went for my masters, so i just used that

intswagga:

This is the first time I would say this CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Your EMOTIONAL STRENGTH & DETERMINATION IS ADMIRABLE

P.s. how did u go around the work experience stuff?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by TITILOLA88: 6:47pm On Dec 22, 2018
Was at studio 24 today!
The ministry is growing smiley smiley smiley

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Bonvieto: 6:47pm On Dec 22, 2018
i had ordered for GCMS notes earlier around october
Treasure1611:
Very big Congratulations!!!!!!!
Please how did you know your visa office.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Bonvieto: 6:51pm On Dec 22, 2018
it wans more than a week i think, cos as soon as the pof was complete i submitted asap. cos if memory serves me right my second ITA was also close to expire,
FirstTImeUser:
Inspiring story I must say.congratulations

My ita is also about to expire because I am yet to get my pof.

How many days between the day money landed in your account and AOR?

thanks in anticipation of your answer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (511)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.