Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (824299 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ottawasenators: 7:34pm On Dec 22, 2018
Sure i can. Just DM pls
ijoseda:
Erm, Boss, Can you help book an appointment for sometimes next week (28th or 29th)?

Should I come to your DM?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bbaby84(f): 8:13pm On Dec 22, 2018
Wow! Part 6! Congratulations to those with PPR, ITA, those who dusted IELTS.. it's been a minute.

Merry Christmas!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jenifero(f): 8:21pm On Dec 22, 2018
congrats oooooooo, my own PPR is soon and very soon.
TemiGee:
Awesome story. Congratulations!!! May the journey be easy for you and your family. You are favoured.

Now to our ppr gist...

My sister in-law has been in Canada since about 11 years ago. All this while, she's been disturbing my hubby and I to apply for the Canada express entry but we werent just ready and interested. She kept on calling morning and night, and sending us link to read but for where, no interest at all. My hubby and I were of the opinion to always go abroad for holidays and not relocating patapata, cos our eyes were not open, Lol. God bless my sil, she kept on talking to us. It got to a time, she was tired and wrote down in her diary never to disturb us again about it. That was exactly when our inner and outer eyes opened, den we started calling her for info. God is indeed part of this journey.

We started the process in April, all thanks to nairaland, and specifically this wonderful thread that made the journey so easy for us from day one. God bless you all for sharing life changing tips and experiences that keep one going. God alone will reward you all.

We calculated our crs and discovered hubby is the best person to be the PA cos of his masters degree and years of work experience, even though his age affected a little. He started preparing for ielts and also transcript evaluation process for both of us started. I didn't need to write the ielts exams cos our crs score was ok without it.

My hubby wrote the exams twice, first one in June, of which only writing spoilt d result with 6.5. we went for EOR but came unchanged...so heartbreaking. By then hubby was already tired and saying "mi o feko exam yi mo oooo (I don't want to write this exam again). In my mind I was like 'ooni ko kini' (u won't write wetin), I left him and went to him later to encourage him, then bros' spirit was awakened'...lol, power of a woman grin.

I put to bed in July, den hubby was on leave and decided to write the exam again before he resumed work. Then he rewrote second ietls in August and oga aced it. My hubby na bookworm o, though I mentored him both on the reading table and in za oza room grin. We were so excited about the result. By then ECA was ready so we dived into the pool.

Let me even gist you guys about my three week old baby that I went to do international passport capturing for. On a normal day, this Lil princess will wake at any slight sound. Most times I even tip toe whenever she's sleeping. On the day of capturing, she slept like never before. I threw her up, swinged her, tap the cheeks, turned the head, did all manner of things, for where. Even the immigration officers helped me to wake her, she refused o. They were like why are u people disturbing this baby, she said she doesn't want to travel to Canada grin She slept for about 45 min. At last, she woke for a short period and we did the capturing. Was very happy ehn like we won jackpot....lol

By 22nd Aug, 2018, we received ITA. Then we gathered all the documents we needed. Lo and behold, we submitted on Oct 10th. I know I tried at this stage cos my hubby doesn't know shishi about d process lol. His own is to bring money grin. Na me dey fill, scan, submit and check. Weldone boo grin

Hmmmmn, Almighty POF...God proved himself at the die minute that He is Jehovah Overdo. Where we do not even think help will come from, God showed up. We had more than the POF sef. We used 25% Pension Funds, my savings backed up with consent letter from me and Gift Deed (about 70% of the entire POF). Baba e se grin

Nov 7th, we passed Medicals/Bil. We reside in Port Harcourt, and we travelled down to Lagos for Biometrics just as we did for Medicals. Very stressful something lipsrsealed.Biometrics done and completed on the 14th Nov. Then the waiting began.

I never knew I married a prophet, my hubby always say Dec will never end without our ppr. I will just say Amen, but in my mind ehn, not feasible.. madam doubting Thomas. We actually planned travelling to Lag for Xmas and hubby told me to go along with our intl, passports and passport photos so I can submit and receive copr before coming back to ph.

My people, we travelled on Tue, the 18th of Dec, and God just decided to embarrass us with this great news in the early hours of 19th Dec. I checked our cic account before I slept at about 12am. Then around 4am, hubby woke me up with the good news. Only me I screamed, rolled on the floor, smiled, laughed, sang, couldn't sit or sleep again. Na like dis e dey be? grin. Submitted our passports that same yesterday....no dulling�.I have come to return all d glory to the God of Shiloh who has made this possible. Baba we not taking You for granted, May Your name alone be exalted. You have given me and my family our Shiloh Dominion encounter/ best Xmas gift ever.

For all of us still waiting at one stage or the other, God is still in the business of doing wonderous things. He will embarrass us with good news before the end of the year.

Thank you all for reading the boring gist. Over to you prof. I no want yeye mark o, Ehn ehn cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jenifero(f): 8:50pm On Dec 22, 2018
i claim your IELTS score in Jesus name.
FirstTImeUser:
Inspiring story I must say.congratulations

My ita is also about to expire because I am yet to get my pof.

How many days between the day money landed in your account and AOR?

thanks in anticipation of your answer.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 8:58pm On Dec 22, 2018
Search the thread. Put "December", "aor" and "whatsapp " in the search bar above.
shege45:
@Ramj pls how do i get a whatsapp link for december aor
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 9:02pm On Dec 22, 2018
Congrats @titiclassy. You are blessed. Go and prosper in your new home!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by freshdad: 9:08pm On Dec 22, 2018
Thanks, I have responded to your mail. I'd be waiting. Thanks Doc
drcynthia:
have they tried downloading the doc using their PC?
because I just used my PC n it downloaded.
If anyone needs it they can pm me...so I send it to them via email.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 9:09pm On Dec 22, 2018
1. No hard and fast rule. I'm sure some did as you have done. Some will put employment. Employer: NYSC.

2. After you are done.

3. Don't over-think it. I don't think it matters. I will pick the exit.

4. Search the thread.
dives:
Hello guys. Seasons greetings!!

Please I have the following questions.

1. When completing the personal activities section what did you guys fill for the one month period in which we were in NYSC camp? I am leaving it as

Activity type -unemployed
Since - March of that year to March of the same year
What I was doing - undergoing paramilitary training
Name of Employer, school facility- National youth
service orientation Camp.

How did you guys fill yours?

2. I can't see where I am to upload supporting documents or the document checklist. Is it when I am done filling all the details of the form that it takes me to the option of uploading documents?

3. For travel history, where it was asked from when to when, if i want to fill the "to" period, is it the date that was stamped by the country in question as the date I left that country, or is it the date of arrival stamped by Nigerian immigration?

4. Please Is there any group for post ITA peeps?

Thanks guys!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by drcynthia(f): 10:00pm On Dec 22, 2018
freshdad:
Thanks, I have responded to your mail. I'd be waiting. Thanks Doc
replied....I hope it opened on Ur PC.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by FirstTImeUser: 10:13pm On Dec 22, 2018
Bonvieto:
it wans more than a week i think, cos as soon as the pof was complete i submitted asap. cos if memory serves me right my second ITA was also close to expire,

OK .thank you.I feel safe.I intend to submit as soon as I get the second it's.
Godspeed!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by freshdad: 11:11pm On Dec 22, 2018
YIP YIP...gracias
drcynthia:
replied....I hope it opened on Ur PC.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raphrulz: 11:30pm On Dec 22, 2018
Wow!!

What an interesting read.... U told us about the travails before the application started but nit much after you received ITA.

However, I must acknowledge that it was quite captivating.

I'll rate you 8/10....

Go and prosper in your new land!!

God bless**

titiclassy:
When you dont rely on your own understanding and allow God, things go better than you had planned.

Wishing all the hopefuls success stories

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raphrulz: 11:36pm On Dec 22, 2018
Congratulations to you and yours.

The eagle has finally landed.

Nice PPR write up.. and equally an interesting read.

I'll rate you 8.4/10.. very good job.

Go and prosper in your new land!

Bonvieto:
It's PPR! Sorry for the delay in dropping this, it’s been a long hectic week

I thank God for everything.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by drcynthia(f): 11:58pm On Dec 22, 2018
freshdad:
YIP YIP...gracias
uwc...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by babs4090(m): 12:25am On Dec 23, 2018
Good day Fam!

Please I have a question as regards ECA via WES.

For someone who has already evaluated his degree certificate before the introduction of WAEC.

Will I still have to verify my WAEC result by the time I’m done with Masters and ready to evaluate it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by TemiGee: 1:52am On Dec 23, 2018
Yes you will
babs4090:
Good day Fam!

For someone who has already evaluated his degree certificate before the introduction of WAEC.

Will I still have to verify my WAEC result by the time I’m done with Masters and ready to evaluate it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by CanadaPR: 2:23am On Dec 23, 2018
flosk:
Please I am still in need of qlife medical slot for a family of 4.

I can swap with you if don't mind a date in March.

I have for family of 5 for December 28.... I don't need it immediately but I was told by the Lady at Qlife that it can't be swapped..... I'm not sure how the slots can help you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by titiclassy: 5:58am On Dec 23, 2018
raphrulz:
Wow!!

What an interesting read.... U told us about the travails before the application started but nit much after you received ITA.

However, I must acknowledge that it was quite captivating.

I'll rate you 8/10....

Go and prosper in your new land!!

God bless**

Thanks Prof.
There was no travail after ITA o...We were already ready! You no see.me write we applied immediately we got ITA... even.medical was pre ITA..no time for story.
But thanks for d score 8/10 ,na A.
I promise a 10/10 landing gist...so help me God.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Kmgb1: 6:02am On Dec 23, 2018
Congratulations titiclassy so happy for your family. Pls whats the form imm5406 about,i thought it was for unaccompanying spouses to fill for each child,kindly clarify
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jydor4real94(m): 6:11am On Dec 23, 2018
Concate:

Hello,

I wish to use WES for my evaluation and I need to submit my NECO transcript, could you please assist with the process, requirements and the phone number of your contact person at NECO office.

Will really appreciate your help.

Thanks
Pls once you get this, can you send to me as well I really need it too
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Mummychichi: 6:13am On Dec 23, 2018
@wasseynewest congratulations. Your prayer has been answered.

@topsmamen, @vancouver, @flosk, @flourisher and to all ITA grabbers, i wish you Godspeed.

To all who got PPR, go and prosper in your new country.

I rejoice with you all.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by neni83: 6:39am On Dec 23, 2018
My God is Awesome! My God is Faithful!! My God in intentional!!! never Failing !!!!
It's PPR guys...

It has been one long journey but I thank God for his mercies all through..
Plan to migrate was in 2016...was tired of my place of work,of the country. My colleague and besto just came bck from her annual leave and talked about canada...and I was like that's it!
So i applied for student visa Jan 2017 but God had other plans for me cos i was refused.

Decided to try the Express entry route...started my ECA July and WES was to release it Oct 17th,registered for ielts for my spouse and I for Oct 28,I prepared for a month for my ielts and my spouse was like ahan,is it this English exam u r getting all jittery about? We wrote and immediately I came out of the exam hall I was so scared I wasn't goin to make it,my hubby kept on reassuring me and even told me don't worry I got u covered cos according to him he wrote so well and was expecting 9999...who sigh!result came out and i got LRSW-8.5,8,8,8 hubby- 7.5,7,8.5,8 .infact hubby said that wasn't his result lol.Anyway we entered the pool with me being the PA and with our score being 432.We kept on hoping we will get ontario PNP but it wasn't forthcoming.I had to start begging hubby to rewrite since he had masters,it took hearing that my close friend was finally moving to canada to ginger him.He wrote twice before we got the needed score 8.5,8,7,8- LRWS and our scores got up to 449 cos he has sibling in canny.

ITA-May 9th
Aor-July 19th
IP1- Aug-8th
ADR- sept-17th ( request for updated passport,hubby's passport had less than 6mnths) we submitted sept 20th
IP2-Nov 8th.
Called cic 20th Nov and was told my file has been approved and Accra has been alerted to let me know when to submit our passports.. I hadn't heard of that before,So we started waiting and praying.
Dec 18th we called again and the agent says the last update on your account was on the 13th when we sent PPR,mogbe..I was like we haven't received any mail,he says check your spam/junk mail,My hubby was like I check every every time....anyways he said they will resend and I asked how soon he said he doesnt know but within 30days and if after 30days we still havnt received we call call back immediately. My hubby felt so bad and demoralized.

PPR- 20th Dec dated 19th Dec, my hubby tapped me around 1am and when I looked at him all I could see were his teeth lol and I just said "it has come abi?"

I give God all the glory cos he made all things beautiful in his time.
Family of 4
For POF ,we just printed 6months bank statement of hubby's savings account..it had all our POF

My spouse is self employed, so we submitted his company documents,tax receipts,Jobs he has done with corresponding payments showing in his corporate account.

Thank you to nairaland...this place is a wealth of knowledge.

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jbelieve: 6:49am On Dec 23, 2018
neni83:
My God is Awesome! My God is Faithful!! My God in intentional!!! never Failing !!!!
It's PPR guys...

ITA-May 9th
Aor-July 19th
IP1- Aug-8th
ADR- sept-17th ( request for updated passport,hubby's passport had less than 6mnths) we submitted sept 20th
IP2-Nov 8th.

Thank you to nairaland...this place is a wealth of knowledge.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by dives(m): 7:06am On Dec 23, 2018
joo2018:
1. No hard and fast rule. I'm sure some did as you have done. Some will put employment. Employer: NYSC.

2. After you are done.

3. Don't over-think it. I don't think it matters. I will pick the exit.

4. Search the thread.

Thanks a lot Joo2018.

Can I go back to edit the form after I have gotten to the uploading documents stage?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Babyface6: 7:17am On Dec 23, 2018
Hello all,
Please to those that just submitted their application, did you see an LOE upload section? I'm about to upload my documents and I can't seem to find any space to upload LOE. It just shows lists of supporting documents for family of 4.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sthill5: 8:08am On Dec 23, 2018
Babyface6:
Hello all,
Please to those that just submitted their application, did you see an LOE upload section? I'm about to upload my documents and I can't seem to find any space to upload LOE. It just shows lists of supporting documents for family of 4.

There is a placeholder named "optional document' that you can use for LOE but depending on what the LOE is for, like if its for POF, best to upload as the first page under placeholder for POF than separating

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sthill5: 8:09am On Dec 23, 2018
neni83:
It's PPR guys...

Congratulations!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by olajide21: 8:12am On Dec 23, 2018
BETTER LATE THAN NEVER……………. (MY EXPEREINCE)

Alhamdullilah; its PPRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! To Allah belongs all praise!

Say He is Allah; The One,
Allah; The Eternal,
Allah begets none and was never begotten,
We; the entire universe and what is within it need Him, while He in His majesty needs no one!
He is The First without a beginning and He shall be The Last without an End; The Inheritor of all.
The Creator of All and The One who appoints everything in its appropriate time, I am full of gratitude for your Rahma.

I testify that there is indeed NO deity worthy of being worshiped except Allah and that Mohammad is His last and Final Messenger to all Mankind. May Peace Be Upon the Prophet of Allah; Mohammad, his household, his companions and all those follow his teachings and ways till the end of time.

AS TO WHAT FOLLOWS......................................... IT'S MY TIME!!! VETERAN'S TIME TO PICK UP THE MIC!!!

HELLO, PEEPS GATHER AROUND, PAY UNDIVIDED ATTENTION!... The Time has come!
Alhamdullilah for the time has come and PPR is here! It took a while, probably one of the longest ever posted on this thread but not the longest application, even in the slightest of thoughts. Most delayed applicants would rather receive their belated PPR and move on. No excitement, but I decided to do otherwise as in time, we are all same. Hopefully, my post would give strength to the weak and hope to the one who is almost losing it. We are quick to express frustration and disappointments if our timelines aren’t aligning with our plans/dreams, we need to learn to keep calm as The One who is greater than everything else is in charge. We should learn to be thankful and appreciate every opportunity God gives us. We should realize that for some reasons some can’t even apply for the Canadian FSW EE program. That being said, let me take through my Journey to PPR. It took 12 months, 0 Week, 6days, to get to this stage. I am still filled with gratitude that it came. So whatever stage/level you are in the process, be calm and let God lead.

HOW IT ALL STARTED

Leaving abroad was never part of my plans. I remember being confident of my life in Lagos and telling myself I would never trade life in Lag to a life anywhere else in the country. I love the hustle and bustle, the noise of Eko Idumota, Eko Idumota, Apongbon! from my bedroom in Surulere. I moved to Abuja and everything changed. Less noise, ease of hustling, neat street (way back late 90s and early 2000s) and above all peaceful leaving. Since then, I can count how many days I have stayed in Lag. I was comfortable leaving in Abj, no real interest in leaving anywhere else in the world.
In 2012, had the opportunity to travel to Germany, Luxembourg, France and Austria (Project trip) all in 7days. This trip changed everything else. The serenity of life I felt in my short stay in these countries changed a whole lot. I returned to Nigeria with thoughts of going back to Europe (relocate) with my family. Wifey did not show particular interest until she travelled to Egypt same year thereafter, both of us wanted to leave. HOW and WHERE became our major hurdle. We kept the plan on the shelve never to be forgotten though.

AND DAVID COHEN CAME ALONG!
In 2013, I stumbled on David through my seldom search online on how to leave the country. He got my details and we spoke on telephone few times (I still have his telephone number sha). Unfortunately, he informed me that he would not be able to help at that time unless I am willing to go through school route, he also promised to get back when things change. We moved on.
Fast track 2015, I had the chance by the mercies of God to visit Dubai, UAE to attend the BIG 5 Exhibition. My dream of relocating outside Nigeria was immediately rekindled. In fact, I began applying for Architectural jobs in Dubai before I left. I spent a total of 6-7days in Dubai and returned to the country after completing my assignment without landing a Job. I got back home and narrated to Wifey how beautify Dubai is and together we dusted our relocation plan and started researching on WHERE and HOW again. At this time Canadian Express Entry has started but I did not give it any reasonable thought as I thought the process would be too difficult to overcome. At this time Zandora, Dupyshoo were the go-to person on the part one of the EE thread. Wifey’s friend who leaves in Canada out of no where just contacted her to ask if she was interested to migrate to Canada to which she answered in affirmative, this was in December, 2015 (Coincidence?). Mid 2016 i had another opportunity to travel to Turkey (Istanbul and Kayseri) for about 10days on project trip. I returned to Nigeria and again my interest to relocate outside the country became fresh, at this time I was more determined than ever. We began to look at the Australian thread and the Canadian thread closely. Late 2016, my younger brother told me he has already started the process and probably in the Canadian EE pool. He got ITA sometime in February 2017. We started our process in March 2017 with our ECA from FUT Minna and LAUTECH.

ECA: WES/LAUTECH/FUTMX
Our Qualifications:
Wifey (B.Tech and MBA), Schools (FUT MX + LAUTECH)
Mine (B.Tech and M.Tech). Schools (FUT MX + FUT MX)
Our plan was to make Wifey the PA for obvious reasons but LAUTECH refused to cooperate. The school collected my money for transcript but never sent anything to WES, consequently we settled for myself as the PA. Alhamdullilah, as the PA, we landed a CRS of 433!
We started ECA in March 2017 and Finalized in June 2017. Alhamdullilah!

IELTS
Dear Wifey and myself sat for the exams on August 19th 2017 and we passed it once, Alhamdullilah. The cost of the exams was around 62k per person. I hustle for the money and God blessed my hustle and 124k for the exams came through a commission I was about to get. In my account was about 50k or so then. I was aware I needed over 7m for family of 5 as PoF as at 2017, but kept faith with The One who never disappoints. Exam came and we passed!. Alhamdulillah.
My result LSRW: 8.0,7.5,7,7.5
Wifey’s LSRW: 9.0,7.5,8.5,7.5

THE POOL AND ITA

We entered the EE pool on the 5th of September, 2017 and got ITA on the 20th of September, 2017 with a CRS of 433. When God be for you, wetin fit be against you…… nada!!!! The Cumulative Ranking Score has not gone that low since our round till date! We got ITA and the real hustle began! To even think I toyed with the idea of rejecting the ITA at some point.

PoF hustle and its struggle
As at ITA, my account balance was about 50K (home and abroad). But as Allah would have it, I got 3 interesting projects whose payment begin to come in shortly after ITA. If ITA has come earlier, there wouldn’t have been PoF. so these three projects came, sold one of ours cars, borrowed small here and there and we got over the required PoF. The next question was how do lodge this money in my zenith bank account without issues of six months average balance and lump sum deposit. Well, we did what we can and God came to our rescue. Something miraculous happened, our bank letter came out “over perfect”.

AoR
We submitted our application on the 13th of December, 2017 a week before expiration of our 90days. We submitted with high hopes that our application would be processed in Ottawa so that PPR would come in record time. Well, our prayers were accepted and Ottawa did what they had to do.

The wait BEGINS……..

The first contact post AoR came through Med Passed on the 21st of December, 2017 (IP 1). Morale became very high and we were hopeful of an early completion of our application. We got NA2 on the 3rd of January, 2017 and I remember telling DW that come April 2018, I am out of Nigeria (No time to wait). IP2 came on the 23rd of January, 2018 with ADR for 6months pay slips. IP2 means PPR is knocking at the door, right? Well, that wasn’t the case here.

Security Screening (What did I do? Wetin be my offence?)

As PPR no show, we began to have an impression that something might be wrong somewhere. My first thought was my Bank letter. We joined numerous whatsapp groups, Telegram, canadavisa.com, etc. We began to hear about the possibility of us being under Extended Security Screening. We watched closely and got idea of how long it could take but then we thought our case would be different.

GCMS, CBSA, CSIS, RALPGH GOODALE, CSE, E-MAIL etc

In February 2018, we decided to order our first GCMS to see whats up. It came a month later and a whole full page was redacted!!!!!...... That was a key pointer for SS applicants. We begin to accept our faith and keep everything in the hands of God. We ordered CBSA and CSIS, while CSIS came a month later, CBSA came 90days later!. They confirmed our fears. Anyway, we still kept faith.

February – no contact from IRCC
March – No contact
April – No contact
May – No contact
June – No contact
July – No Contact (At this stage, I exited all groups except 1)
August – No Contact
September – No Contact
October – No Contact
November………………………………………………………………………………. It brought hopes and we got the first ADR on the 16th of November, 2018 for additional family information. We knew at this stage that the extended SS was over and done with. We submitted the ADR on the 20th of November and received ADR for Re-Meds on the 21st of Nov. The Re-Meds was done on the 27th and transmitted to CIC on the 29th of November. Day 1, Day 2, 3,4,5…… Week 1, Week 2 no med passed. Called CIC and it wasn’t successful (progress bar period). I decided to go to the med centre (Name withheld) to ask what the issues were. The assured me that everything was fine and our e-med tracking sheets have been forwarded to IRCC and that is it from their side. Tried CIC the following day and thank God I got through. The lady told me that the Med centre did not upload my DD’s tracking sheet and that is why they couldn’t act on our submission. I returned same day to the Med centre to inform them of my latest findings. The doctor scan through the system and did few abracadabra and told me again that no issues from them. Oga fun gbo gbo yi ooooo; (na wa for all of una). I called CIC again, and this time the agent told me that my DD’s sheet just got updated, seems the abracadabra the doc was doing before talking to me was a quick update of the sheet. Anyway, to God belongs all praises. We passed the med the following day after almost 3weeks.

Now that Med is passed, where is my PPR?
At this point, I began to race against time. If PPR is not issued by the end of last week, they could as well keep it till February 2019 (if you know, you know). On the 18th of December, 5 days after 1 year post AoR, I called CIC and very very courteous agent picked up. I told her that I need PPR without further delay, I explained my situations to her, she went through my application and came back to tell me that there is nothing she can do other than for us to wait it OUT!!! Chai, chai, chai. I resolved to faith and also hope that if Allah wills, PPR fit still come. I went to bed tired, woke up about 3am to pray. Somehow (In the moning), one of my kids said something about Canada and I decided to check my mail at that point………. Behold it was my PPR mail sitting in my box since 3am. My schedule for that day automatically changed. We took our passport at the Lugbe Shop rite and submitted in VFS in silverbird in CBD, Abuja. Praying for speedy CoPR.

The Summary of my Application:

AOR: 13th December, 2017
IP1: 21/12/2017
NA2: 3/01/2018
IP2 + ADR: 23/01/2018 (was a little happy that i was close to PPR here)
SS started: 24/01/2018
January – October (Ordered GCMS, CSIS, mailed Goodale, mailed Ottawa, raised CSE etc till I got tired)
November 16th – ADR for Additional Family Information
November 21st – Re – Meds
December 14th 2018 – Re Med passed
December 19th - PPR

Alhamdullilah that it ended well.

And to my man @issyman, not everyone can endure what you have on this journey. While most of us would have abandoned the whole process, you still remained strong in the face of the trials. Please be strong brother and keep your eyes on the goal.

131 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Uchihasasuke19: 8:46am On Dec 23, 2018
babs4090:
Good day Fam!

Are you doing your masters in a Nigerian school?
My own personal experience, I did my ECA before introduction of NECO/ WAEC. And I submitted another application for course by course evaluation early this month. Though it initially appeared on my profile to send SSCE results, I didn't submit it. And my application have been processed without the SSCE.

My advice, using the same profile, apply for your masters ECA wait until WES specifically request for SSCE..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 23, 2018
Congratulations !!! I had to come out of my silent mood to rejoice with you , 1YEAR post AOR, your patience level no get part 2 .....Wishing you and your family a fulfilled life in Canada.

quote author=olajide21 post=74093604]BETTER LATE THAN NEVER……………. (MY EXPEREINCE)

Say He is Allah; The One,
Allah; The Eternal,
Allah begets none and was never begotten,
We; the entire universe and what is within it need Him, while He in His majesty needs no one!
He is The First without a beginning and He shall be The Last without an End; The Inheritor of all.
The Creator of All and The One who appoints everything in its appropriate time, I am full of gratitude for your Rahma.

I testify that there is indeed NO deity worthy of being worshiped except Allah and that Mohammad is His last and Final Messenger to all Mankind. May Peace Be Upon the Prophet of Allah; Mohammad, his household, his companions and all those follow his teachings and ways till the end of time.

AS TO WHAT FOLLOWS......................................... IT'S MY TIME!!! VETERAN'S TIME TO PICK UP THE MIC!!!

HELLO, PEEPS GATHER AROUND, PAY UNDIVIDED ATTENTION!... The Time has come!
Alhamdullilah for the time has come and PPR is here! It took a while, probably one of the longest ever posted on this thread but not the longest application, even in the slightest of thoughts. Most delayed applicants would rather receive their belated PPR and move on. No excitement, but I decided to do otherwise as in time, we are all same. Hopefully, my post would give strength to the weak and hope to the one who is almost losing it. We are quick to express frustration and disappointments if our timelines aren’t aligning with our plans/dreams, we need to learn to keep calm as The One who is greater than everything else is in charge. We should learn to be thankful and appreciate every opportunity God gives us. We should realize that for some reasons some can’t even apply for the Canadian FSW EE program. That being said, let me take through my Journey to PPR. It took 12 months, 0 Week, 6days, to get to this stage. I am still filled with gratitude that it came. So whatever stage/level you are in the process, be calm and let God lead.

HOW IT ALL STARTED

Leaving abroad was never part of my plans. I remember being confident of my life in Lagos and telling myself I would never trade life in Lag to a life anywhere else in the country. I love the hustle and bustle, the noise of Eko Idumota, Eko Idumota, Apongbon! from my bedroom in Surulere. I moved to Abuja and everything changed. Less noise, ease of hustling, neat street (way back late 90s and early 2000s) and above all peaceful leaving. Since then, I can count how many days I have stayed in Lag. I was comfortable leaving in Abj, no real interest in leaving anywhere else in the world.
In 2012, had the opportunity to travel to Germany, Luxembourg, France and Austria (Project trip) all in 7days. This trip changed everything else. The serenity of life I felt in my short stay in these countries changed a whole lot. I returned to Nigeria with thoughts of going back to Europe (relocate) with my family. Wifey did not show particular interest until she travelled to Egypt same year thereafter, both of us wanted to leave. HOW and WHERE became our major hurdle. We kept the plan on the shelve never to be forgotten though.

AND DAVID COHEN CAME ALONG!
In 2013, I stumbled on David through my seldom search online on how to leave the country. He got my details and we spoke on telephone few times (I still have his telephone number sha). Unfortunately, he informed me that he would not be able to help at that time unless I am willing to go through school route, he also promised to get back when things change. We moved on.
Fast track 2015, I had the chance by the mercies of God to visit Dubai, UAE to attend the BIG 5 Exhibition. My dream of relocating outside Nigeria was immediately rekindled. In fact, I began applying for Architectural jobs in Dubai before I left. I spent a total of 6-7days in Dubai and returned to the country after completing my assignment without landing a Job. I got back home and narrated to Wifey how beautify Dubai is and together we dusted our relocation plan and started researching on WHERE and HOW again. At this time Canadian Express Entry has started but I did not give it any reasonable thought as I thought the process would be too difficult to overcome. At this time Zandora, Dupyshoo were the go-to person on the part one of the EE thread. Wifey’s friend who leaves in Canada out of no where just contacted her to ask if she was interested to migrate to Canada to which she answered in affirmative, this was in December, 2015 (Coincidence?). Mid 2016 i had another opportunity to travel to Turkey (Istanbul and Kayseri) for about 10days on project trip. I returned to Nigeria and again my interest to relocate outside the country became fresh, at this time I was more determined than ever. We began to look at the Australian thread and the Canadian thread closely. Late 2016, my younger brother told me he has already started the process and probably in the Canadian EE pool. He got ITA sometime in February 2017. We started our process in March 2017 with our ECA from FUT Minna and LAUTECH.

ECA: WES/LAUTECH/FUTMX
Our Qualifications:
Wifey (B.Tech and MBA), Schools (FUT MX + LAUTECH)
Mine (B.Tech and M.Tech). Schools (FUT MX + FUT MX)
Our plan was to make Wifey the PA for obvious reasons but LAUTECH refused to cooperate. The school collected my money for transcript but never sent anything to WES, consequently we settled for myself as the PA. Alhamdullilah, as the PA, we landed a CRS of 433!
We started ECA in March 2017 and Finalized in June 2017. Alhamdullilah!

IELTS
Dear Wifey and myself sat for the exams on August 19th 2017 and we passed it once, Alhamdullilah. The cost of the exams was around 62k per person. I hustle for the money and God blessed my hustle and 124k for the exams came through a commission I was about to get. In my account was about 50k or so then. I was aware I needed over 7m for family of 5 as PoF as at 2017, but kept faith with The One who never disappoints. Exam came and we passed!. Alhamdulillah.
My result LSRW: 8.0,7.5,7,7.5
Wifey’s LSRW: 9.0,7.5,8.5,7.5

THE POOL AND ITA

We entered the EE pool on the 5th of September, 2017 and got ITA on the 20th of September, 2017 with a CRS of 433. When God be for you, wetin fit be against you…… nada!!!! The Cumulative Ranking Score has not gone that low since our round till date! We got ITA and the real hustle began! To even think I toyed with the idea of rejecting the ITA at some point.

PoF hustle and its struggle
As at ITA, my account balance was about 50K (home and abroad). But as Allah would have it, I got 3 interesting projects whose payment begin to come in shortly after ITA. If ITA has come earlier, there wouldn’t have been PoF. so these three projects came, sold one of ours cars, borrowed small here and there and we got over the required PoF. The next question was how do lodge this money in my zenith bank account without issues of six months average balance and lump sum deposit. Well, we did what we can and God came to our rescue. Something miraculous happened, our bank letter came out “over perfect”.

AoR
We submitted our application on the 13th of December, 2017 a week before expiration of our 90days. We submitted with high hopes that our application would be processed in Ottawa so that PPR would come in record time. Well, our prayers were accepted and Ottawa did what they had to do.

The wait BEGINS……..

The first contact post AoR came through Med Passed on the 21st of December, 2017 (IP 1). Morale became very high and we were hopeful of an early completion of our application. We got NA2 on the 3rd of January, 2017 and I remember telling DW that come April 2018, I am out of Nigeria (No time to wait). IP2 came on the 23rd of January, 2018 with ADR for 6months pay slips. IP2 means PPR is knocking at the door, right? Well, that wasn’t the case here.

Security Screening (What did I do? Wetin be my offence?)

As PPR no show, we began to have an impression that something might be wrong somewhere. My first thought was my Bank letter. We joined numerous whatsapp groups, Telegram, canadavisa.com, etc. We began to hear about the possibility of us being under Extended Security Screening. We watched closely and got idea of how long it could take but then we thought our case would be different.

GCMS, CBSA, CSIS, RALPGH GOODALE, CSE, E-MAIL etc

In February 2018, we decided to order our first GCMS to see whats up. It came a month later and a whole full page was redacted!!!!!...... That was a key pointer for SS applicants. We begin to accept our faith and keep everything in the hands of God. We ordered CBSA and CSIS, while CSIS came a month later, CBSA came 90days later!. They confirmed our fears. Anyway, we still kept faith.

February – no contact from IRCC
March – No contact
April – No contact
May – No contact
June – No contact
July – No Contact (At this stage, I exited all groups except 1)
August – No Contact
September – No Contact
October – No Contact
November………………………………………………………………………………. It brought hopes and we got the first ADR on the 16th of November, 2018 for additional family information. We knew at this stage that the extended SS was over and done with. We submitted the ADR on the 20th of November and received ADR for Re-Meds on the 21st of Nov. The Re-Meds was done on the 27th and transmitted to CIC on the 29th of November. Day 1, Day 2, 3,4,5…… Week 1, Week 2 no med passed. Called CIC and it wasn’t successful (progress bar period). I decided to go to the med centre (Name withheld) to ask what the issues were. The assured me that everything was fine and our e-med tracking sheets have been forwarded to IRCC and that is it from their side. Tried CIC the following day and thank God I got through. The lady told me that the Med centre did not upload my DD’s tracking sheet and that is why they couldn’t act on our submission. I returned same day to the Med centre to inform them of my latest findings. The doctor scan through the system and did few abracadabra and told me again that no issues from them. Oga fun gbo gbo yi ooooo; (na wa for all of una). I called CIC again, and this time the agent told me that my DD’s sheet just got updated, seems the abracadabra the doc was doing before talking to me was a quick update of the sheet. Anyway, to God belongs all praises. We passed the med the following day after almost 3weeks.

Now that Med is passed, where is my PPR?
At this point, I began to race against time. If PPR is not issued by the end of last week, they could as well keep it till February 2019 (if you know, you know). On the 18th of December, 5 days after 1 year post AoR, I called CIC and very very courteous agent picked up. I told her that I need PPR without further delay, I explained my situations to her, she went through my application and came back to tell me that there is nothing she can do other than for us to wait it OUT!!! Chai, chai, chai. I resolved to faith and also hope that if Allah wills, PPR fit still come. I went to bed tired, woke up about 3am to pray. Somehow (In the moning), one of my kids said something about Canada and I decided to check my mail at that point………. Behold it was my PPR mail sitting in my box since 3am. My schedule for that day automatically changed. We took our passport at the Lugbe Shop rite and submitted in VFS in silverbird in CBD, Abuja. Praying for speedy CoPR.

January – October (Ordered GCMS, CSIS, mailed Goodale, mailed Ottawa, raised CSE etc till I got tired)
December 19th - PPR

And to my man @issyman, not everyone can endure what you have on this journey. While most of us would have abandoned the whole process, you still remained strong in the face of the trials. Please be strong brother and keep your eyes on the goal.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by LordSneed: 9:53am On Dec 23, 2018
Hello all. Glad to join this thread. I entered the pool today with CRS of 473. fingers crossed for an ITA in the next round

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by drcynthia(f): 10:01am On Dec 23, 2018
olajide21:
BETTER LATE THAN NEVER……………. (MY EXPEREINCE)

December 19th - PPR

grin
Congratulations to you and your family....It ended in praise. I wish you all best in your endeavours...

Prof@raphrulz this is a 10/10 worthy post o grin

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (511)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.