Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,271 members, 7,829,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (826543 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by freshdad: 9:07pm On Dec 23, 2018
Ya wecum Amanda. you have come to the right place, however, you need to visit the first page and read up and then ask specific questions. That way, you would get solutions faster.
Adamsamanda85:
Hello house,my name is Amanda and am new here.afriend of mine introduced me to this forum.pls I have some questions and I hope I get answers please. thanks.1i have an ordinary national Diploma in business administration,I have gone through the entry process link.my Question is can I apply? Because of my qualification am getting discouraged.what should I do?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by drcynthia(f): 9:08pm On Dec 23, 2018
etrange:

Thanks, kind one.
uwc sir!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by CheesyTee(f): 9:10pm On Dec 23, 2018
nelronaldo:

Thanks, i rreceived some months of my salary cash though.. hope this won't be a problem?

Provided employer can give you paystubs. If this is possible, a LOE should suffice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Mummychichi: 9:35pm On Dec 23, 2018
Congratulations @olajide21. What an interesting read! The wait is over. Go and prosper in your new country. God be praised!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by diamondextra: 9:36pm On Dec 23, 2018
[quote author=BoboXIV post=73883471]
our AOR is also feb. Got an update on dec 17 to go for re-med..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by etrange: 10:19pm On Dec 23, 2018
Thanks to all that helped with the reference letter.

One more thing, please.

I have held three different positions since joining this company (same job but 3 different levels with increasing responsibilities). Now going by CIC's request (that reference letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company), should I outline these positions and the salaries/duties for each differently or just lump up everything together like most sample letters i have seen? Splitting them would make my letter take more than one page, is this acceptable?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 23, 2018
Went to dig this up cos I was stalking @Tojued ( wink )and I saw something about her throwing her timeline away. Even as I was writing the timeline, a small part of me could tell I was just making God laugh.

My timeline said PPR will come February, the thing came December. Lmao. All I’ll say is it was the right time. So no matter how hard your wait is, no matter how many times you have to call your family and friends to cry and complain and no matter how many times Nigeria vigorously frustrates you, just remember that God will not let what’s yours pass you by.

And ONLY His time is perfect.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 10:58pm On Dec 23, 2018
Good one.

I think our prayer on this journey should be "God grant me the grace to accept what I can't control."
SkyWalk12:
Went to dig this up cos I was stalking @Tojued ( wink )and I saw something about her throwing her timeline away. Even as I was writing the timeline, a small part of me could tell I was just making God laugh.

My timeline said PPR will come February, the thing came December. Lmao. All I’ll say is it was the right time. So no matter how hard your wait is, no matter how many times you have to call your family and friends to cry and complain and no matter how many times Nigeria vigorously frustrates you, just remember that God will not let what’s yours pass you by.

And ONLY His time is perfect.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 23, 2018
YAAASSSSS

joo2018:
Good one.

I think our prayer on this journey should be "God grant me the grace to accept what I can't control.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 11:02pm On Dec 23, 2018
Udonmeanit!

You need page 1, my man. Sorry, but you just walked into that.
TheManOfTheYear:
Must one be married before applying for this Express Entry?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 11:06pm On Dec 23, 2018
Alright. Good to know.
Kmgb1:

Yes u can

Cc dives
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bigwizzy001(m): 11:11pm On Dec 23, 2018
njbybrthnly:
I've been dreaming of ITA since January of this year and finally it is here!

I can't thank God enough for giving me the grace to study French and pass the TEF exam which elevated my CRS from 415 to 457 cool (was initially thinking cut-off scores will drop to last year's levels undecided...thank God I received sense fast)

To all those still expecting...keep the faith...it will surely come...and then the real work will start

I wonder how PPR mail will feel

please give me your number. I want to call you. I'm so much interested in TEF too so as to increase my point.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by HEADYWORLD: 11:11pm On Dec 23, 2018
Hello house, I am filling my EE profile and I can't find my NOC in O A B, I am production technician(operating and routine maintenance of machines) with an FMCG company, beverages to be precise. Which NOC will I choose. Thanks and God bless
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 11:15pm On Dec 23, 2018
Apply from USA, yes if your points are enough with your Nigerian MSc

You are given to land before your medicals expire. You can do a soft landing and go back to US to finish your 2nd MSc.

As long as you were paid, you can add the work experience. The date you became qualified is the date you graduated from your BSc.
ConfirmD:
Hello house good evening. I have been following this page on nairaland as a guest but today I decided to register so I can ask my questions.

Firstly, i have written the ielts exam three times but I haven't been able to score up to 7 in writing. However, i am not giving up and i hope to try again.

But the situation is different this time around, I got a student visa into the US in August and i am currently doing my second masters program.

My first masters degree was in Nigeria and that was what I wanted to use for the Express entry before ielts became a stumbling block.

I am currently enjoying study in the US but this Canadian PR is a dream and i am planning to write the ielts here early next year and apply from here.

Can I apply for the PR as an international student using my first masters degree?
Also, I heard you are given one year from the date of your PR to arrive in Canada and from observation it takes around 6-12 months to get your PR. That's approximately 2 years which is the same duration for my current program. In addition, there are a number of schools in Canada offering my program, so i believe i can get admission and transfer after my PR.

Secondly, i worked about 2 years before my first msc, it was supposed to be an unpaid internship but my employer ended up paying me some money monthly to cover the cost of my transportation. With that, my work experience will be three years but without it, it will be one year and 6 months. Is it safe to include it as part of my experience?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 11:18pm On Dec 23, 2018
During your search, which NOC seem to fit? Do you do any form of supervision?
HEADYWORLD:
Hello house, I am filling my EE profile and I can't find my NOC in O A B, I am production technician(operating and routine maintenance of machines) with an FMCG company, beverages to be precise. Which NOC will I choose. Thanks and God bless
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by HEADYWORLD: 11:31pm On Dec 23, 2018
joo2018:
During your search, which NOC seem to fit? Do you do any form of supervision?
not at all... with my job description my NOC falls in the C category .... what can I do cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by boladet: 12:07am On Dec 24, 2018
hi guys pls i need help i just finished filling an express entry profile and i immediately got a message that i am not eligible i dont understand why,my score was not even shown or computed, i have an okay score in ielts 9L 8R 7.5w &7Sp i have the equivalent of masters degree since i am a dentist this was evaluated by wes , why i am ineligible ,i took the inital survey i was eligible what must have happened.
i filled my spouse to accompany me but he does not have general ielts and his ECA is not ready but he has relative in canada could that be wht made me ineligible .should i go and create another EE profile .PLease i need answers i am so concerned.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Expressivee: 12:28am On Dec 24, 2018
U might want to check the amount in CAD you put it. I also got ineligibility .engage when I first filled mine
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by boladet: 12:37am On Dec 24, 2018
Expressivee:
U might want to check the amount in CAD you put it. I also got ineligibility .engage when I first filled mine
Thanks will do that

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Concate(f): 5:46am On Dec 24, 2018
Uchihasasuke19:

You may not need to send your SSCE in my opinion and based on my personal experience with WES. Read my reply to similar question in the last two page. Though I'm no expert in WES.

Thanks for your response. I saw ur message and I'll try that. I hope it works for me.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by NanaF: 6:42am On Dec 24, 2018
boladet:
hi guys pls i need help i just finished filling an express entry profile and i immediately got a message that i am not eligible i dont understand why,my score was not even shown or computed, i have an okay score in ielts 9L 8R 7.5w &7Sp i have the equivalent of masters degree since i am a dentist this was evaluated by wes , why i am ineligible ,i took the inital survey i was eligible what must have happened.
i filled my spouse to accompany me but he does not have general ielts and his ECA is not ready but he has relative in canada could that be wht made me ineligible .should i go and create another EE profile .PLease i need answers i am so concerned.

Same thing happened to me, I couldn’t figure out where I went wrong so I just filled out another profile very carefully and it went through the second time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by NanaF: 6:44am On Dec 24, 2018
Flaj:

Are you pre-ITA or post-ITA?
Pre-ITA = Don't include it in your profile. When you get ITA, you'll put it in personal history.
Post-ITA = If you already included it in your EE profile, move the details out of your work history to your personal history

Post ITA. Thanks. I didn’t include it in my profile initially
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Majesticniyi(m): 6:52am On Dec 24, 2018
HEADYWORLD:

Try 2233 if your OND (wild guess) is in Mechanical Engineering. You can send me a PM for more details.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Pegzzyg(f): 7:24am On Dec 24, 2018
Please, has a venue been fixed? Hoping its this December & a weekend too o. Update Please! Thanks...
fmsimple:
In the spirit of Christmas and yesterday's open heaven for ITA, I'm willing to help coach my Lagos peope fly over IELTS. I can arrange a venue to accommodate about 20 for 2 days. Drop your phone digits or PM.

Caveat: I no sabi too much ooo but managed to pass at first attempt LRSW 8.5, 8.5, 7.5, 7.

CC - wasseynewest
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by oyejum: 9:09am On Dec 24, 2018
Good day everyone,

I'm looking for who to swap Qlife Clinic medical slot scheduled for 28th March 2019 with. I need a late January slot (family of 4), please send me a private message.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Fidesa: 9:23am On Dec 24, 2018
EyesondPrize:
I got my ECA report last week. Equivalent to 1yr Canadian diploma. Start the process ASAP. Go to ICAN, Ebute Metta office.

All the best!!.

Hello @Eyes on prize
I have started the process and ICAN has sent my results to WES but WES sent me a mail last week that my result is incomplete. Please see the below mail from WES and advise me on how best to resolve it bearing in mind that its the same format that ICAN uses to send all AAT results to WES. Your response will be much appreciated. See the mail from WES:

"Dear xxxx,

Thank you for contacting World Education Services (WES).

The document received only contains a partial record of your study program. Subjects taken and grades earned for part of the study were not included. We are missing information on grades earned for all courses.

Please ask your institution to send WES a complete document that lists all subjects taken and grades earned for each year of the program according to the requirements for your country of education. This document should be sent in a sealed envelope that is stamped or signed on the back flap by the appropriate official. Refer to Required Documents.

Please be advised Evaluations require complete documentation of all formal foreign educational credentials. WES will not begin your evaluation until we have received and approve of all the required documents for the credentials you have listed, as well as payment in full.

Best Regards,

Marquis

WES Customer Service"
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Bonvieto: 10:14am On Dec 24, 2018
I would advice against doing this, my reason being Canada has a rule that u must have been physically living in Canada for 270 days or so for you not to loose ur permanent residency.

So. If u apply and get ppr and ur course doesn't finish till 4 months after you soft land, chances are you will. Loose your ppr.

Unless if u plan on switching from the US uni to a Canada one then soft landing is a good idea.
joo2018:
Apply from USA, yes if your points are enough with your Nigerian MSc

You are given to land before your medicals expire. You can do a soft landing and go back to US to finish your 2nd MSc.

As long as you were paid, you can add the work experience. The date you became qualified is the date you graduated from your BSc.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Bonvieto: 10:17am On Dec 24, 2018
Guys pls who had a lautech link for transcripts?? I heard ASUU is still on strike am wondering if anyone was able to get their transcripts in spite of the strike
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by zannie(f): 10:22am On Dec 24, 2018
chicyclass:
Thanks dear for your swift response.
Please in the case of IQAS where you have to attach a form from their website to the transcript.. How does one go about it?

I am asking for my sister who studied Law and needs to evaluate with IQAS to get the professional degree ECA.

I didn't attach any form but I used WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MummyO24: 10:26am On Dec 24, 2018
Good morning and compliments of the season to everyone. Team 444 and our group leader @wassey (not sure about the complete name), congratulations!!! God gave us the best testimony to end the year.

Please do I need to include my bank statement if I am using mutual funds as POF and payslips as proof of employment? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tojued: 10:34am On Dec 24, 2018
Bonvieto:
I would advice against doing this, my reason being Canada has a rule that u must have been physically living in Canada for 270 days or so for you not to loose ur permanent residency.

So. If u apply and get ppr and ur course doesn't finish till 4 months after you soft land, chances are you will. Loose your ppr.

Unless if u plan on switching from the US uni to a Canada one then soft landing is a good idea.

He only has to be in Canada for 2 out of 5 years in order not to lose status. Cumulatively.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by flosk: 10:36am On Dec 24, 2018
MummyO24:
Good morning and compliments of the season to everyone. Team 444 and our group leader @wassey (not sure about the complete name), congratulations!!! God gave us the best testimony to end the year.

Please do I need to include my bank statement if I am using mutual funds as POF and payslips as proof of employment? Thanks

It is not necessary to include your bank statement since the pof is not there. However, you might want to add additional proof of employment to the payslip such as

Job offer letter
Company ID card

Etc.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (511)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.