Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,521 members, 7,812,627 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (820505 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by hernyhorla: 12:59pm On Nov 20, 2018
[quote author=TEECANN post=73134829]I WOKE UP TO THE GOLDEN MAIL TODAY (20th NOVEMBER, 2018)!!! GOD BE PRAISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSED!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATION!! Thank God it ended well
Go and prosper in your new country
Thank you for starting the PNP thread . It has been helpful

God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Kmgb: 1:00pm On Nov 20, 2018
Awwww @TEECANN,its good to witness it 'ending in praise' for you. All the best.

DBJay, ure one lucky fellow,I tell ya! give us a hint with your real moniker na grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 1:14pm On Nov 20, 2018
barbz06:
There are currently over 94,000 people in the pool, the number of people in the pool as at 8 November shows that roughly 10k people have between 431 - 450. How did you come up with the info that 50% of the pool (about 47k) have a score of 440 -442

I concur, because they most likely are using BSC and 1 year experience.
It is easier to predict.
But the further they stays in the pool, the more their point will be increasing through Job Experience and some small-small things.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jholarharde(f): 1:14pm On Nov 20, 2018
congratulations @DBJay go and flourish. @TEECANN I can't put to words my joy at your news, it so gladdens my heart. I remembered your dilemma concerning the EOR, thank God it has ended in praise for you. God and flourish sir

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by NwadiutoI: 1:14pm On Nov 20, 2018
No vex my people. Noted, thanks for pointing out. It will end in praise!

mcstan18:
Please Cuteadomo, wasseynewest, Utonne and Nwadiutol edit your responses. You didn't have to quote the long post
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jholarharde(f): 1:16pm On Nov 20, 2018
wasseynewest:
Please for those who did their Medicals at Qlife recently, can I(& family) go with any passport photograph(even with existing ones) or I need a specified size(such as from studio24)? Also do I need to make photocopies of only our passports data page or the entire pages?
you can use anyone, they do not have a size specification, but ensure it has a white background.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jholarharde(f): 1:18pm On Nov 20, 2018
mcstan18:

So far so good, since you fled. Submitted yet?

fled kwalipsrsealed. I wanted to submit today, but I noticed a discrepancy in one of my docx, so I need to rectify it to avoid stories that touch.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Expressivee: 1:19pm On Nov 20, 2018
Wooowww, congrats bro.

It will surely end in praise for us all.

Any November 1st AOR

I WOKE UP TO THE GOLDEN MAIL TODAY (20th NOVEMBER, 2018)!!! GOD BE PRAISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSED!!!![/b]

NOTE: THIS IS MORE THAN A LONG POST- IT IS AN E-HANDOUT FOR YOUR READING PLEASURE grin
If you are not a friend of “PAGE 1”, don’t bother, just side-step it and waka pass- Just kidding grin
Kindly don't quote the full post as we want to reduce the speed at which Part 6 is throttling! grin

IMMIGRATION JOURNEY HIGHLIGHT

PHASE 1- IELTS (BC)- LRSW- 7.5, 8, 7.5, 7 (Sept. 30, 2017)- It ended in praise!

PHASE 2- WES ECA- Master’s degree equivalency (Nov 2017)- It ended in praise!

PHASE 3- IELTS (BC)- LRSW- 8, 8.5, 7, 7 (May 4, 2018)- It ended in praise!

PHASE 4- IELTS (IDP)- LRSW- 8, 8, 7, 6.5 (May 25, 2018)- It ended in praise! (Though I never used the result)

PHASE 5- ITA (FSW)- CRS 441 (May 23, 2018) (Draw cutoff was 440)- It ended in praise!

PHASE 6- AOR- (July 25, 2018) It ended in praise!

PHASE 7- IP 1/MEDICALS PASSED (August 15, 2018) It ended in praise!

PHASE 8- IP 2 (Oct 3, 2018) It ended in praise!

PHASE 9- PPR (Nov 20, 2018) It ended in praise!

VISA OFFICE: CPC-OTTAWA

ADR: NONE

FAMILY SIZE - 5

I want to first of all THANK GOD, for this journey thus far as He has given me and my family many praise endings on this journey!!

It all started late 2016 during my annual leave. The leave afforded me the time to think deeply about my life and future and that of my young family in this country and I concluded I have to move if for nothing but for the sake of my kids.

I started out with the Canadian Study route (whilst I thought [at the time] that the Express Entry route was a long thing and difficult to achieve) God bless friends that I spoke with who encouraged me to give Federal Skilled Workers Class [FWS] a try.
(In retrospect, to imagine that the 3 schools that I applied to rejected my applications...Don't even let me talk about what I have spent hustling that route....God would have been looking at me and be like "yinmu" at me) grin grin

I and wifey wrote our first IELTS with almost similar scores...but we couldn’t use the score to climb into the 440s CRS range)- I got bad advice that I shouldn't waste money re-writing IELTS, that I should just pack into a PNP and coast to nomination for an eventual sure ITA- I did and till tomorrow, I didn’t know what made me take that advice (Don’t even let me talk of how much I have spent [and obviously wasted] on this PNP hustle talk less of bad advice that I recieved to cut some corners that would have marred my Canadian dreams ultimately by now). Thank God I didn’t heed the advice and faced re-taking my IELTS.

In Oct, 2017, I submitted an application to SINP. As at Dec 2017, I hadn’t received provincial nomination, little did I know that I was setting myself up for frustration and delay...unending test of patience for months...(You guys here on FSW can never understand what folks on the PNP route go through just to get the same ITA that we celebrate here on a regular) Here, many are even yet to understand the acronym- MEP- and before you say Jack Robi...., its PPR for them!
Frustration and lack of movement on my PNP application made me resit the IELTS and God did it enough for us to climb to 441!! (I can never forget friends here who advised against procuring an EOR for that IELTS as I had proposed to do so as to have a higher CRS than 441, they said that the score will drop and that I should wait it out…days after their advises, it did drop and I clinched an ITA on May 23, 2018)
I promptly withdrew my SINP application and bid the provincial program farewell for good. They acknowledged my intention to withdraw with a formal letter of withdrawal.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ijeaify: 1:19pm On Nov 20, 2018
Hello people please I sent a mail to Ralph and he confirmed my application was received at central intake office in Sydney on the 17th of Sept , I made a call to cic agent and was told my application is in Accra.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Gracemama: 1:28pm On Nov 20, 2018
DBJay:
A not so silent reader here (Had to get a new moniker to avoid the village people in my office) grin grin

MY PPR STORY

Started the journey in may 2018 when a friend told me to give it a shot.

Registered immediately for IELTS & WES Evaluation, then went straight to page 1 of part 4 to digest all the info relevant to this journey.

June 2 IELTS
July 27 ECA
August 8 ITA
August 23 AOR
September 20 MEP/BIL
November 14th PPR (Didn't see it until yesterday 'cos my phone was bad)

Congratulations # I tap into this speedy PPR#

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by adebee16: 1:32pm On Nov 20, 2018
You can go with any kind of passport but must be white background. No need for any photocopy at all. Just your Int'l passport and passport photograph with white background.

wasseynewest:
Please for those who did their Medicals at Qlife recently, can I(& family) go with any passport photograph(even with existing ones) or I need a specified size(such as from studio24)? Also do I need to make photocopies of only our passports data page or the entire pages?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 1:35pm On Nov 20, 2018
Gracias!
adebee16:
You can go with any kind of passport but must be white background. No need for any photocopy at all. Just your Int'l passport and passport photograph with white background.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 1:35pm On Nov 20, 2018
Thanks!
jholarharde:

you can use anyone, they do not have a size specification, but ensure it has a white background.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Gracemama: 1:46pm On Nov 20, 2018
TEECANN:
[b]I WOKE UP TO THE GOLDEN MAIL TODAY (20th NOVEMBER, 2018)!!! GOD BE PRAISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSED!!!!, just side-step it and waka pass- Just kidding grin

All that end well is that that end in praise!
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iaatmguy(m): 1:47pm On Nov 20, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tojued: 1:59pm On Nov 20, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 2:08pm On Nov 20, 2018
ijeaify:
Hello people please I sent a mail to Ralph and he confirmed my application was received at central intake office in Sydney on the 17th of Sept , I made a call to cic agent and was told my application is in Accra.

Smh

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 20, 2018
I am smiley

Onedimple:

Guess you are the Ame on immitracker.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by FaskRolce: 2:31pm On Nov 20, 2018
TEECANN:
I WOKE UP TO THE GOLDEN MAIL TODAY (20th NOVEMBER, 2018)!!! GOD BE PRAISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSED!!!!

thank God for you. so happy for you. it will end in praise for us all. Your timeline is magical.

Prof Snape, this guy must get 11/10.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 20, 2018
Congratulations sir, we'll join you soon�

TEECANN:
I WOKE UP TO THE GOLDEN MAIL TODAY (20th NOVEMBER, 2018)!!! GOD BE PRAISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSED!!!!

NOTE: THIS IS MORE THAN A LONG POST- IT IS AN E-HANDOUT FOR YOUR READING PLEASURE grin
If you are not a friend of “PAGE 1”, don’t bother, just side-step it and waka pass- Just kidding grin
Kindly don't quote the full post as we want to reduce the speed at which Part 6 is throttling! grin

PHASE 4- IELTS (IDP)- LRSW- 8, 8, 7, 6.5 (May 25, 2018)- It ended in praise! (Though I never used the result)

PHASE 5- ITA (FSW)- CRS 441 (May 23, 2018) (Draw cutoff was 440)- It ended in praise!

FAMILY SIZE - 5

I want to first of all THANK GOD, for this journey thus far as He has given me and my family many praise endings on this journey!!

It all started late 2016 during my annual leave. The leave afforded me the time to think deeply about my life and future and that of my young family in this country and I concluded I have to move if for nothing but for the sake of my kids.

I started out with the Canadian Study route (whilst I thought [at the time] that the Express Entry route was a long thing and difficult to achieve) God bless friends that I spoke with who encouraged me to give Federal Skilled Workers Class [FWS] a try.
(In retrospect, to imagine that the 3 schools that I applied to rejected my applications...Don't even let me talk about what I have spent hustling that route....God would have been looking at me and be like "yinmu" at me) grin grin

I and wifey wrote our first IELTS with almost similar scores...but we couldn’t use the score to climb into the 440s CRS range)- I got bad advice that I shouldn't waste money re-writing IELTS, that I should just pack into a PNP and coast to nomination for an eventual sure ITA- I did and till tomorrow, I didn’t know what made me take that advice (Don’t even let me talk of how much I have spent [and obviously wasted] on this PNP hustle talk less of bad advice that I recieved to cut some corners that would have marred my Canadian dreams ultimately by now). Thank God I didn’t heed the advice and faced re-taking my IELTS.

In Oct, 2017, I submitted an application to SINP. As at Dec 2017, I hadn’t received provincial nomination, little did I know that I was setting myself up for frustration and delay...unending test of patience for months...(You guys here on FSW can never understand what folks on the PNP route go through just to get the same ITA that we celebrate here on a regular) Here, many are even yet to understand the acronym- MEP- and before you say Jack Robi...., its PPR for them!
Frustration and lack of movement on my PNP application made me resit the IELTS and God did it enough for us to climb to 441!! (I can never forget friends here who advised against procuring an EOR for that IELTS as I had proposed to do so as to have a higher CRS than 441, they said that the score will drop and that I should wait it out…days after their advises, it did drop and I clinched an ITA on May 23, 2018)
I promptly withdrew my SINP application and bid the provincial program farewell for good. They acknowledged my intention to withdraw with a formal letter of withdrawal.

Yet again, another hiccup; My first EE profile of October 20th, 2017 became ineligible on the April 30, 2018, I missed ITA of May 9, 2018 though I had enough CRS points but because of the tie breaking rule pegged at Dec 2017, I couldn't clinch one then (as my new profile of May 1, 2018 didn't qualify- it was painful)

We did medicals in Qlife and it went smoothly. No issues. We passed medicals 3 weeks post-AOR.

We uploaded Schedule A form as part of our e-APR documents. CIC didn’t ask for it but because myself and wifey had some UK tourist visa refusals between us, we thought to note it in a Schedule A instead of being distracted with an ADR that may come later.

THINGS TO NOTE FROM OUR GCMS NOTE:

1. POF: I submitted GTbank letter in CIC format capturing my current and savings accounts balances and the fixed deposit that I have with the bank.
I also submitted the Fixed Deposit Investment letter from GTbank and letter from Stanbic IBTC pensions with my Pensions Statement of Account with a LOE stating that I have 25% available to me 4 months post resignation.

Case Officer noted all that I submitted including the 25% of pensions balance and converted naira to CAD and recommended POF criterion MET.
NOTE: 25% of my pension total sum was about about 60% of our POF, it was not a POF buffer in our case, it was a large chunk of our POF and it was passed.

2. CHANGE OF WIFE’S SURNAME POST-AOR: We got another passport for wifey though her maiden name passport was still very much beyond 6 months validity but we wanted her CoPR and PR Card to have a uniform surname as the rest of the crew. So after AOR, we applied for a new passport for change of name at Ikoyi, the passport came out after 4 weeks later and I raised a CSE for it. The name change reflected 48 hours later in my profile and the changed surname also reflected in our GCMS note.

I thank God because it was a generally smooth and issues-free application that took a total of 117 days post AOR.

I came here, I saw, I learnt and I made friends…too many friends to start mentioning you one by one, those that I have met one on one, those that I have built affinities with here and even those that don’t know me but are generally men and women of goodwill who always wish me and my family well...I thank you all for your encouragement, support and faith keeping.

Permit to specially recognize MAY 23RD ITA CLINCHERS (whatever time you submitted)…you guys made the wait fun, this is not the time to loose hope, infact everything is still on course and the eagle is getting nearer home with the golden mail; we shall all celebrate your PPRs before Christmas BGG!

** My heart goes out to those who are yet to clinch the ITA especially those on the border line of 435-439, and those awaiting PPRs, you know how we do na- keep the faith up, do all you have to do to improve the CRS legitimately because one thing is certain, iyanu ma sele soon and it will definitely end in praise IJN!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Mightyrush(m): 2:39pm On Nov 20, 2018
Congratulations TEECANN. May your new home favour you and yours.

TEECANN:

FAMILY SIZE - 5

Yet again, another hiccup; My first EE profile of October 20th, 2017 became ineligible on the April 30, 2018, I missed ITA of May 9, 2018 though I had enough CRS points but because of the tie breaking rule pegged at Dec 2017, I couldn't clinch one then (as my new profile of May 1, 2018 didn't qualify- it was painful)

We did medicals in Qlife and it went smoothly. No issues. We passed medicals 3 weeks post-AOR.

We uploaded Schedule A form as part of our e-APR documents. CIC didn’t ask for it but because myself and wifey had some UK tourist visa refusals between us, we thought to note it in a Schedule A instead of being distracted with an ADR that may come later.

THINGS TO NOTE FROM OUR GCMS NOTE:

1. POF: I submitted GTbank letter in CIC format capturing my current and savings accounts balances and the fixed deposit that I have with the bank.
I also submitted the Fixed Deposit Investment letter from GTbank and letter from Stanbic IBTC pensions with my Pensions Statement of Account with a LOE stating that I have 25% available to me 4 months post resignation.

Case Officer noted all that I submitted including the 25% of pensions balance and converted naira to CAD and recommended POF criterion MET.
NOTE: 25% of my pension total sum was about about 60% of our POF, it was not a POF buffer in our case, it was a large chunk of our POF and it was passed.

2. CHANGE OF WIFE’S SURNAME POST-AOR: We got another passport for wifey though her maiden name passport was still very much beyond 6 months validity but we wanted her CoPR and PR Card to have a uniform surname as the rest of the crew. So after AOR, we applied for a new passport for change of name at Ikoyi, the passport came out after 4 weeks later and I raised a CSE for it. The name change reflected 48 hours later in my profile and the changed surname also reflected in our GCMS note.

I thank God because it was a generally smooth and issues-free application that took a total of 117 days post AOR.

I came here, I saw, I learnt and I made friends…too many friends to start mentioning you one by one, those that I have met one on one, those that I have built affinities with here and even those that don’t know me but are generally men and women of goodwill who always wish me and my family well...I thank you all for your encouragement, support and faith keeping.

Permit to specially recognize MAY 23RD ITA CLINCHERS (whatever time you submitted)…you guys made the wait fun, this is not the time to loose hope, infact everything is still on course and the eagle is getting nearer home with the golden mail; we shall all celebrate your PPRs before Christmas BGG!

** My heart goes out to those who are yet to clinch the ITA especially those on the border line of 435-439, and those awaiting PPRs, you know how we do na- keep the faith up, do all you have to do to improve the CRS legitimately because one thing is certain, iyanu ma sele soon and it will definitely end in praise IJN!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by skylar2020(f): 2:40pm On Nov 20, 2018
TEECANN:
[b]I WOKE UP TO THE GOLDEN MAIL TODAY (20th NOVEMBER, 2018)!!! GOD BE PRAISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSED
Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tojued: 2:42pm On Nov 20, 2018
Ifeoma77:

Smh

Sept AOR sigh. When I saw it initially I thought it was Sept. IP2... cos recently after IP2 some files are sent back to Sydney.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by youngRx(m): 2:48pm On Nov 20, 2018
DBJay:
A not so silent reader here (Had to get a new moniker to avoid the village people in my office) grin grin

MY PPR STORY

Je m'appelle PPR!!!

lolz...then u had to ruin the masked identity by signing off like dat?? only one person and one alone signs off his post like that.

CONGRATS ooo....the hustle finally paid off for u.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 2:50pm On Nov 20, 2018
Tojued:

Sept AOR sigh. When I saw it initially I thought it was Sept. IP2... cos recently after IP2 some files are sent back to Sydney.
I just hope we don't spoil something good.
The irony is; now that he/she has landed in Accra, Ralph might be needed in the future. And if @Godisincontrol is right, then this person just wasted their one shot with Ralph

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by youngRx(m): 2:53pm On Nov 20, 2018
TEECANN:

TO NOTE FROM OUR GCMS NOTE:[/b]

waow!....it has ended in praise to the author of the most famous catch phrase on EE thread, "it will end in praise".
grin

CONGRATULATIONS sir, your catch phrase has been a source of solace for many of us.

God bless you in your new country.

indeed it'll end in praise for all of us....Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by daks02: 2:53pm On Nov 20, 2018
I tire o!
Please people abeg don’t message Ralph unless your application has passed 6months/or your application is peculiar! Hian!
Tojued:

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 20, 2018
Good evening , pls is there any pharmacist in the house who worked with Nafdac what NOC did you use
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by daks02: 2:56pm On Nov 20, 2018
So true!
Ifeoma77:

I just hope we don't spoil something good.
The irony is; now that he/she has landed in Accra, Ralph might be needed in the future. And if @Godisincontrol is right, then this person just wasted their one shot with Ralph

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by youngRx(m): 3:16pm On Nov 20, 2018
iamkunski:
When I saw Teecan’s 60% of POF is 25% of Pension Fund. My jaw just dropped. Congrats bro!

for a family of 5, brother... ( abi na sis)...don't forget that part.

anytime i wan give up for this journey, i go just remember say people like this the on the matter too, then i go just give myself two knocks for head and concentrate.

wetin these guys see wey dem dey run comot from this country so, me i never see am.

na only poor man the think say money fit solve all him problem. those wey get the money know otherwise.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Mzstephh(f): 3:17pm On Nov 20, 2018
The Pharmacist Noc code stays the same NOC3131.
ogenel7:
Good evening , pls is there any pharmacist in the house who worked with Nafdac what NOC did you use
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 3:22pm On Nov 20, 2018
Accra, Accra. Guess you have to put on the garment of patience and put your mind to other things.

ijeaify:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.