Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? (24760 Views)

Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? / HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. / How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 15, 2017
in this world in total, grades doesn't matter...what matter is how good you re in the reality market....grades just discriminates and that why I hate it so much....it shows how good someone is from others in a field...everyone cant be good in one field remember....all finger aint equal and can never be equal.....u may claim you wanna be an engineer but you love to draw and can draw perfectly and u eventually go ahead to study engineering, you then have bad grades ...you would be thinking you ain't good....why dont you be in urban regional planning and give them a run for their money....most first class students are only good at balancing equations....but when you put them in the reality, I mean in the real market of money, they fail woefully ....the 2.2 students will always be like...I made terrible mistake back in university so they wouldn't wanna make same mistake twice....they will then go on training in their field just to be smart in the reality market....how they could sell so well in the front of the employers...am not saying 2.2 is better than 2.1or 1st class...but the 2.2 most times reliever better interview than the first class stud....most first class student ain't expose....they re mostly on their books....some of them don't even know dollar rate to naira cos they dont use any social medium at all....my point is that if you want a good grade go for it....but balance it with ur social side....meet and know people...expose urself in a good manner...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by ifeanyi317(m): 8:18am On Aug 15, 2017
OP is not about 2.2 or 2.1.I finished with a 2.2 2013 by his grace have worked for 3 different companies with a very good pay.
i found out i will come out with a 2.2 in my 4th year 1st semester so i started preparing my self for the labor market did my IT in a gas company, after school did contract job with a brewery company and served in a power company ( studied Electrical Electronic Engr) so u see i had Knowledge of the three sectors before i finished service so it was easy for me to update my CV with all this infor based on where i want to apply for a job.
Try and get more skills to update your CV and do a lot of voluntary Job if not go for your Masters and think outside the Box. You be surprised by what you can imagine and do.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

In my honest opinion;
There's no reason in the world why any University student should graduate with less than a 2.1.

So if you couldn't excel in a University,

No employer believes you will in his business.
Though 2.1 is good but we all can't have 2.1.
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Halo22: 8:19am On Aug 15, 2017
WhiteSoup:
What does Buhari has that he become President? Does he has WAEC but he become President? I does not knows why people does not believe that you can does anything in Nigeria.
please you need to do something about your grammar. More so, always vet your write-ups before posting it. Didn't mean any embarrassment.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by lonelydora: 8:19am On Aug 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

In my honest opinion;
There's no reason in the world why any University student should graduate with less than a 2.1.

Most 2.1s were bought with money or bottom power.
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 15, 2017
closerange:
It is already a lot difficult to get a job with a 2.1.. Even First class sef... In your next life, try and make a 2.1.
Chai you harsh grin.
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 15, 2017
lonelydora:

Most 2.1s were bought with money or bottom power.
Please don't go there, I'm in 2.1 cos I worked hard to get it, which one is bought it with money and bottom power? I don't even know lecturers' office so don't say bottom power, its all about hard work and determination, knowing what you want.

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Trustme2(m): 8:21am On Aug 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

In my honest opinion;

Pls show us your WAEC certificate and your degree cert, then we can start from there. It not by grade but by grace. Note, I graduated with 2.1
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Halo22: 8:21am On Aug 15, 2017
vingeophysicist:
its not only 2.2 ooo.i graduated with 2.1 yet i have been unable to get a job for like two month plus .
Just two months and you are here complaining. You just enter nah.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by miketayo(m): 8:23am On Aug 15, 2017
greatiyk4u:

Why is your opinion always different from others?

He is lookin for attention so just ignore him

1 Like

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 15, 2017
JefLonDon:
2:1 is a way of managing the Public, i have seen 2:2 employing 2:1 at the end........

HushPuppi doesnt knw wat a 2:1 is, but the main reason they deal with 2:1 mostly is cuz they believe thats where good people belong........does who flirt and do cultism in school end up with 2:2 mostly and you wont want such people loitering ur work space.

If You can excel in School, how can you excel in a Competitive Working Environment.
Its true, having 2.1 is not an easy job, you must be very serious and determined.
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 15, 2017
Halo22:
Just two months and you are here complaining. You just enter nah.
i have acquired networking skills all through that process but yet...(CCNA)
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Halo22: 8:25am On Aug 15, 2017
That is why I like Govt work. Whether 2.1, 2.2 or even 3.1, once you get conne......you are there.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by lilmax(m): 8:25am On Aug 15, 2017
goldedprince:
because employers dont want olodo.
btw, i graduated with a pass. mind you pass is lower than 3rd class
and i presently employ all those book worms.
i make them know i am a pass holder and there are worthless grin grin grin grin
you are worthless without them grin

why don't you employ your kind grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by lonelydora: 8:25am On Aug 15, 2017
Rorachy:
Please don't go there, I'm in 2.1 cos I worked hard to get it, which one is bought it with money?

I didn't say ALL. There are hardworking ones. In Nigeria presently, most 2.1s are bought. I know what I'm saying.

Meanwhile, as you fine reach, you sure say you no follow? Na joke I dey.
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 15, 2017
lonelydora:

I didn't say ALL. There are hardworking ones. In Nigeria presently, most 2.1s are bought. I know what I'm saying.
Not all 2.1 are bought.
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Virtualaccounts: 8:26am On Aug 15, 2017
Do you have 2.2 or 3rd class accounting? Send your cv to info@virtualaccountant.ng

We don't discriminate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by deewhydoski(m): 8:26am On Aug 15, 2017
WhiteSoup:
What does Buhari has that he become President? Does he has WAEC but he become President? I does not knows why people does not believe that you can does anything in Nigeria.
See grammar....o boy....Guy did u even went to primary school?. ...Lolz

1 Like

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 15, 2017
Rorachy:
Please don't go there, I'm in 2.1 cos I worked hard to get it, which one is bought it with money and bottom power? I don't even know lecturers' office so don't say bottom power, its all about hard work and determination, knowing what you want.
you went to a state or private university nah
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by WhiteSoup: 8:27am On Aug 15, 2017
Halo22:
please you need to do something about your grammar. More so, always vet your write-ups before posting it. Didn't mean any embarrassment.

grin

Stop taking life too seriously.

*Bar man give him one cold Heineken***
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Solmax(m): 8:27am On Aug 15, 2017
Hah this Post was 10 years ago
If it was difficult then, I can only Imagine how it would be this years.
Sha I know its just the Connection that matters.
because if Ur call connect and papa God pick!
U go choose jobs.
For the students abeg things hard, the job market is competitive. Work Smart and get atleast a 2.1 it gives U a better chance! at employment.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 15, 2017
vingeophysicist:
State university and lecturers don't make it any easier to get a 2.1.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by jonnytad(m): 8:28am On Aug 15, 2017
Oga, my candid advice is that you should forget 2.1 2.2 and move on. I finish with 2,1 in mechanical engineering, I got my first appointment with nokia even b4 the completion of my Nysc, bt the company downsized cuz of lumia coupled with recession and since then getting a paid job has been hell, so i decided to gather the few money i had, get some plots of Land and I started farming. I also enrolled in a welding workshop and soon i'll get my license to start my own welding enterprise.

5 Likes

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Lilientology(f): 8:28am On Aug 15, 2017
WhiteSoup:

Chai guy are for real?
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by lonelydora: 8:28am On Aug 15, 2017
Rorachy:
Not all 2.1 are bought.

We are saying same thing.
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by oribi(m): 8:29am On Aug 15, 2017
does it matter what you graduate with? Just create a job application and say only 2.1 needed the number of unemployed 2.1 graduates will overwhelm you..
My advise to you:
1)Pray to your God
2)Improve your skill set
3)Keep on applying

Now the most important keep doing 1,2 and 3 and don't stop
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 15, 2017
STUPID QUESTION. YOUR GRADE IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM, YOU ARE YOUR PROBLEM.
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by holluphemydavid(m): 8:30am On Aug 15, 2017
people wey get pass even they get job,na who knw who jare
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by sekem: 8:32am On Aug 15, 2017
The more reason why more and more graduates and undergraduates should embrace entrepreneurship now

Don't give me that crap everyone cannot be entrepreneurs

I'm not talking about everyone

I'm talking about you
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 15, 2017
Rorachy:
State university and lecturers don't make it any easier to get a 2.1.
forget that thing .i won't argue with you .My only advice to you is for you to attend fed university for masters and see the difference
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by billyG(m): 8:37am On Aug 15, 2017
Halo22:
Did you pass English Weac?buhari didnt have waec cert,he has Cambridge certificate.
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by clintonsparkz(m): 8:39am On Aug 15, 2017
vingeophysicist:
2.1 na 2.1 oga...I attend interviews most federal university student won't attend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business / Please Help Before My Friend / N100k Job In Ibadan Or N200k Job In VI Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.