Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? (24764 Views)

Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? / HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. / How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by sunepapi14: 10:01am On Aug 15, 2017
These days, its not about the result but what you can offer.
So instead of crying foul or ill luck, seek to better yourself and with God on your side, things will play out.
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by naijaboiy: 10:04am On Aug 15, 2017
Princeadonis:
Third class or drop out spotted! beefers
Why not pass or COA? grin

Chronic idiöt! cheesy
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by babatee1985(m): 10:06am On Aug 15, 2017
npower is there to help you without discriminating one grade from another.
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by alphasperm(m): 10:06am On Aug 15, 2017
true life story..
how I got a seriously paying job with my low grade...
I took energy drink n SK...b4 going to interview..
com n see d way interviewers was nodding head lyk lizards..
I destroyed questions lyk a boss . . .

say no to drugs tho...

e dey EPP too...honestly
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by vidid2all: 10:08am On Aug 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

In my honest opinion;
There's no reason in the world why any University student should graduate with less than a 2.1.

So if you couldn't excel in a University,

No employer believes you will in his business.

Lol, this is the dumbest thing I heard this week.
I guess you passed through the school, but did not allow the school to pass through you.
Oboviously, you lack the 21st century mindset, and have no or poor business and marketing skill. By implication your comment shows that you are not employable. You lack the will to develop and at such you cant develop beyound your certificate. Also you are not employable because no qualified HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER or EMPLOYER will employ people with ur mindset.
Let me borrow ur "HONESTY", you lack the qualities of an employee. My sincere advise for you is to educate yourself on the issue of employment and how to be employable.
If you dont have a job already your opinion on employment is the reason

1 Like

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 15, 2017
deewhydoski:

See grammar....o boy....Guy did u even went to primary school?. ...Lolz

Correcting grammars are we?
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by blessingee: 10:10am On Aug 15, 2017
Fabulocity:
2-1, 2-2 third class is all bullshit in Nigeria! Oga stop whining. I know third class people out there with good jobs, and not the work of connections.
In a country like Nigeria, what determines your success is how smart you are(street smartness and intelligence), how hard you can hustle, the skills you equip yourself with and the network you build.
If you feel like a 2-2 is bringing you down, why don't you enhance yourself: get a masters' degree, get reputable certifications, acquire new skills, go for professional conferences and lectures and expand your network. Your grade is not holding you down. When first class and 2-1 graduates have not even finished finding jobs. The thing is Nigerians are generally lazy and they don't want to take that extra step that'll take them places. They'd rather sit at home and cry about how there are no jobs, how a particular grade is looked down on. Nobody wants to leave their comfort zone.

Na so e easy right?
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 15, 2017
grin shocked grin

Oh man, know thy self!

You get 2.1 na 4 ur pocket.
You get 2.2 na 4 ur pocket.
You get 3.0 or pass, na still 4 ur pocket!

I have seen absolutely dull students proudly flaunt a 2.1 resul at the end of the day.
I have also seen absolutely bright students shamefully unveil their 2.2 or 3.0 results.

However, I have also seen those with pass results doing better than even those with 1.0 where it masters most.

I have seen those who dropped out, having no result at all interviewing those with 1.0, 2.1,2.2,3.0 for employment.

I believe in hard work and dedication,
I believe no student should aim less than a 2.1,
However, many factors make sure efforts don't correspond with result.

We all didn't go to the same school,
We all were not taught by same set of lecturers,
We all never wrote exams under same exam condition,

So much to say, but again OH MAN KNOW THY SELF

Finally, " I returned and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, NOR YET RICHES TO MEN OF UNDERSTANDING, NOR YET FAVOUR TO MEN OF SKILL; BUT TIME AND CHANCE HAPPENETH TO THEM ALL" Ecclesiastes 9:11

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by naijaboiy: 10:11am On Aug 15, 2017
mercytripletz:

And I expected a reply like this. That's how people defend themselves anyways. Truth is truth.
No vex. Don't mention me, I won't reply.
i'm not defending shït but being realistic. Your truth is demeaning. If you have nothing else to offer except your certificate you won't go anywhere.

Stop looking down on others because you had a better grade then them, it doesn't put you on a pedestal. There are a million and one reasons why a student will graduate with a 2.2 its not only about being unserious.

At the end of the day such student may end up employing you. Just thank God for what you have and strive to excel.

I'm not expecting your reply cos you gat nothing to prove.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by blessingee: 10:11am On Aug 15, 2017
BroZuma:

Correcting grammars are we?

grin grin grin

No mind am...them go just dey fool themselve.
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 15, 2017
Nobody said it was easy. But of course, nothing good comes easy. That's the problem with Nigerians, they're not ready to put in that extra effort and sweat to achieve their goals. They just want everything on a platter of gold and in this life, that's not possible. Hell becoming successful is going to tough and riddled with obstacles. There's no sweet without sweat. If you're looking for the easy way out, you can as well become a yahoo boy or a kidnapper.
blessingee:

Na so e easy right?
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Tobbey(m): 10:20am On Aug 15, 2017
This topic was created 10 years ago

Still relevant
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by babatee1985(m): 10:20am On Aug 15, 2017
Rorachy:
Please don't go there, I'm in 2.1 cos I worked hard to get it, which one is bought it with money and bottom power? I don't even know lecturers' office so don't say bottom power, its all about hard work and determination, knowing what you want.

Any lecturer that woo a lady like you must surely be a tasteless and classless man. You made your 2.1 through hardwork and it really shows in your makeup self. NB- Even 2.2 is no more relevant these days again. It's either you make first class or nothing. You can use masters to upgrade your 2.1.
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by wokemzine: 10:24am On Aug 15, 2017
edeXede:
embarassed

Why is it difficult to make a 1st class in University.

And beside I made 2.2 in Poly but I tried my best ooooo.

But to God be the glory, I got work on nairaland.

You can see I have resumed to my work.
Funny you cheesy
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by blessingee: 10:26am On Aug 15, 2017
Fabulocity:
Nobody said it was easy. But of course, nothing good comes easy. That's the problem with Nigerians, they're not ready to put in that extra effort and sweat to achieve their goals. They just want everything on a platter of gold and in this life, that's not possible. Hell becoming successful is going to tough and riddled with obstacles. There's no sweet without sweat. If you're looking for the easy way out, you can as well become a yahoo boy or a kidnapper.

Have you towed this path before? You talked about acquiring better certificates if your 2-2 isn't paving way....Is MBA free, where is the money going to come from, why do you think graduates pick up 30k jobs that can't even allow them save enough for the extra certificates that will probably take them to the next level? Its easier said than done. If you are lucky to make it through "hard work and sweat" like you call it, it doesn't make the next person lazy...Don't be a haste to think that people are lazy when they complain, you need to be in their shoes to fully understand their plight.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by vidid2all: 10:34am On Aug 15, 2017
mercytripletz:
Why will someone graduate with 2:2 in the first place? Of course, getting a job is hard even for the First and second class upper graduates but being on 2:2 places one at a greater disadvantage unless of course you know the higher ups.

Reading your comment, I only see someone with a retard brain. A brian that lack productive qualities and is entirely dependent on its community to survive. I see an entity that cannot leave a mark.

wake up and make a positive impact. #BEINNOVATIVE.
Certificate is in papers ideas create certificate and other things that make the earth comfortable.

My question to you is "will you use your brain?"
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Chimaritoponcho: 10:36am On Aug 15, 2017
ifeanyi317:
OP is not about 2.2 or 2.1.I finished with a 2.2 2013 by his grace have worked for 3 different companies with a very good pay.
U
i found out i will come out with a 2.2 in my 4th year 1st semester so i started preparing my self for the labor market did my IT in a gas company, after school did contract job with a brewery company and served in a power company ( studied Electrical Electronic Engr) so u see i had Knowledge of the three sectors before i finished service so it was easy for me to update my CV with all this infor based on where i want to apply for a job.
Try and get more skills to update your CV and do a lot of voluntary Job if not go for your Masters and think outside the Box. You be surprised by what you can imagine and do.
Please i beg you sir help me get an IT placement in the gas company.i've searched and searched for a place to do my IT to no avail its been over a month i finished my exams with nothing doing and time is running out on me.please help me sir.you can giv me ur whatsapp number
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by ifeanyi317(m): 10:39am On Aug 15, 2017
i did my IT in NLNG that was 2012 although they have stopped collecting IT student.
Chimaritoponcho:

Please i beg you sir help me get an IT placement in the gas company.i've searched and searched for a place to do my IT to no avail its been over a month i finished my exams with nothing doing and time is running out on me.please help me sir.you can giv me ur whatsapp number
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by dprinz99(m): 10:40am On Aug 15, 2017
Rorachy:
Its true, having 2.1 is not an easy job, you must be very serious and determined.
With nigeria's poor grading system?
Pls don't celebrate that luke jackpot
If u 2.1 is to be converted to some European college's grading scale, u will end up having 3rd class or a 2.2.
After all,ist class here is just 70-75%
But u need 90% here to smell first class.
And at the end,it's not about ur grade but God grace and ur skills.in as much as we pursue grade,we should also believe that we too,can be self employed and also employ others.its possible when the mindset is there.
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 15, 2017
vingeophysicist:
i have acquired networking skills all through that process but yet...(CCNA)

Cant you put your education/training to test? The internet is an infinite resource waiting to be explored by you bro. What exactly can you do to earn money?
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by yemiprogress(m): 10:43am On Aug 15, 2017
lonelydora:

I didn't say ALL. There are hardworking ones. In Nigeria presently, most 2.1s are bought. I know what I'm saying.

Meanwhile, as you fine reach, you sure say you no follow? Na joke I dey.

How many 2:1 graduates do you know in Nigeria? . Can you please stop making unnecessary stereotype of 2:1 graduates. The fact is, its not easy though I will never underate our 2:2 graduates.
School varies across Nigeria, so dont use your own School experience to judge others.. May God pick our calls all(favour market by Gods grace).
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Princeadonis(m): 10:46am On Aug 15, 2017
naijaboiy:

Why not pass or COA? grin

Chronic idiöt! cheesy
E pain my paddy! Study wen ur contemporaries are studying and graduate wit wat wud make ur mama proud, in ur next world though
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by naijaboiy: 10:50am On Aug 15, 2017
Princeadonis:
E pain my paddy! Study wen ur contemporaries are studying and graduate wit wat wud make ur mama proud, in ur next world though
E pain me well well! grin

Dragging out baseless assumptions from your ass like an uneducated illiterate. Because I'm realistic I've automatically become a 3rd class graduate. grin

In fact I had all my courses carried over! Raving simpleton..
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by PrettyGaby(f): 10:54am On Aug 15, 2017
because you don't have conne
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Ekg911(m): 10:54am On Aug 15, 2017
Fabulocity:
2-1, 2-2 third class is all bullshit in Nigeria! Oga stop whining. I know third class people out there with good jobs, and not the work of connections.
In a country like Nigeria, what determines your success is how smart you are(street smartness and intelligence), how hard you can hustle, the skills you equip yourself with and the network you build.
If you feel like a 2-2 is bringing you down, why don't you enhance yourself: get a masters' degree, get reputable certifications, acquire new skills, go for professional conferences and lectures and expand your network. Your grade is not holding you down. When first class and 2-1 graduates have not even finished finding jobs. The thing is Nigerians are generally lazy and they don't want to take that extra step that'll take them places. They'd rather sit at home and cry about how there are no jobs, how a particular grade is looked down on. Nobody wants to leave their comfort zone.
Thank you my brother
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Princeadonis(m): 11:05am On Aug 15, 2017
naijaboiy:

E pain me well well! grin

Dragging out baseless assumptions from your ass like an uneducated illiterate. Because I'm realistic I've automatically become a 3rd class graduate. grin

In fact I had all my courses carried over! Raving simpleton..
I feel ur pains bro, d truth hurts.... I've got wrk on my desk, i studied wen i ought to though. U can stil learn a trade or come clean my desk. i'ld pay u enof money to av a clean shave. Trading words wit u is as useless as d "ueue" in "Queue"
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Chimaritoponcho: 11:06am On Aug 15, 2017
ifeanyi317:
i did my IT in NLNG that was 2012 although they have stopped collecting IT student.
Thank you sir but if there is a way you can help me get any job with a decent pay to be doing for the time being,i won't mind
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by naijaboiy: 11:10am On Aug 15, 2017
Princeadonis:
I feel ur pains bro, d truth hurts.... I've got wrk on my desk, i studied wen i ought to though. U can stil learn a trade or come clean my desk. i'ld pay u enof money to av a clean shave. Trading words wit u is as useless as d "ueue" in "Queue"
Why not employ the jobless youths in your family first? grin

You think I'll start showing you my certificate to prove you wrong? Just learn that sometimes we speak for people, but it doesn't mean we are in their shoes. You're educated but you sound so dumb.

Rètarded swine! grin
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by henryhemon(m): 11:12am On Aug 15, 2017
Have I read anything crappier than this before? I have seen someone who has OND earn 600k a month job no connection. Stop all this whyning,it is not about grade,I have seen phd holders earn 50k a month. The truth is there are few jobs. We don't have enough companies to absorb most of our graduates, learn a trade,start as intern,gain experience and be good at what you do.
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 15, 2017
clintonsparkz:
2.1 na 2.1 oga...I attend interviews most federal university student won't attend.
Lolz, don't mind him. Its even state universities that frustrate students more.
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 15, 2017
donsiqua:
Why did you get 2.2 in the university?
When your mates were serious studying, you were busy chasing slay queens Ugandan! angry angry angry
Easy oo.
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 15, 2017
donsiqua:
Why did you get 2.2 in the university?
When your mates were serious studying, you were busy chasing slay queens Ugandan! angry angry angry
Easy bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Please Help Before My Friend / N100k Job In Ibadan Or N200k Job In VI Lagos / The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.