Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? (24762 Views)

Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? / HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. / How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by LAFO: 8:41am On Aug 15, 2017
greatiyk4u:

Why is your opinion always different from others?
Beause he's enjoying the attention you people give him by quoting him.

Let people stop quoting and mentioning him and see him go silent.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by dljbd1(m): 8:41am On Aug 15, 2017
WhiteSoup:
What does Buhari has that he become President? Does he has WAEC but he become President? I does not knows why people does not believe that you can does anything in Nigeria.
RIP English cry

1 Like

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by ngwababe(f): 8:43am On Aug 15, 2017
See as una carry 2007 post come 2017 front page...
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 15, 2017
vingeophysicist:
forget that thing .i won't argue with you .My only advice to you is for you to attend fed university for masters and see the difference
Whether state or federal, if one is determined, nothing can change that.
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by GentlemanAyo(m): 8:49am On Aug 15, 2017
ngwababe:
See as una carry 2007 post come 2017 front page...
Lol, more like a remembrance day for the post. 10 years 4months remembrance.
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by propanet(m): 8:49am On Aug 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

In my honest opinion;
There's no reason in the world why any University student should graduate with less than a 2.1.

So if you couldn't excel in a University,

No employer believes you will in his business.
At your age you still have this low mentality?

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by ngwababe(f): 8:52am On Aug 15, 2017
GentlemanAyo:

Lol, more like a remembrance day for the post. 10 years 4months remembrance.
No mind them
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Daeylar(f): 8:52am On Aug 15, 2017
So nairaland now does throwback Tuesday

1 Like

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Kylekent59: 8:53am On Aug 15, 2017
Third class graduates do get employed

Your 2:1 or 2:2 or 1st class doesn't matter .
Apply,write d interview,pass,be dedicated and you are employed.

Employers know about all these results of a thing,they know some doesn't worth it.

BE YOUSELF AND SAY YES TO YOURSELF.
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by hardywaltz(m): 8:53am On Aug 15, 2017
WhiteSoup:
What does Buhari has that he become President? Does he has WAEC but he become President? I does not knows why people does not believe that you can does anything in Nigeria.
He speaks better English...
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by naijaboiy: 8:54am On Aug 15, 2017
mercytripletz:
Why will someone graduate with 2:2 in the first place? Of course, getting a job is hard even for the First and second class upper graduates but being on 2:2 places one at a greater disadvantage unless of course you know the higher ups.
Because everybody is not the same. Your 2.1 doesn't make you better than 2.2 graduate, it only gives you a better opportunity at getting a job, still if you have nothing more to offer other than your 2.1 certificate then you're no where near getting that job.
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by goldedprince: 8:54am On Aug 15, 2017
lilmax:
you are worthless without them grin

why don't you employ your kind grin
i give them reason to exist.
i will be interviewing some first class graduates nxt week.
i have specified that i only need first class.
what gives me the most satisfaction is when i clearly let them know that i graduated with a pass.
i love how they look at me with surprise written all over their book worm faces.
the ones i am waiting for are the ones that covered their exam sheets to prevent me from copying.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by jamace(m): 8:55am On Aug 15, 2017
Employers should give all classes of grades a trial.

Present day Nigeria where corruption of all kinds is prevalent, even in our citadels of learning, is not ideal to base employment on grades only.
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by naijaboiy: 8:55am On Aug 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

In my honest opinion;
There's no reason in the world why any University student should graduate with less than a 2.1.

Stop typing trash!
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Kylekent59: 8:55am On Aug 15, 2017
hardywaltz:

He speaks better English...
Lets be sincere.

Does he speak good english?
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by donsiqua(m): 8:57am On Aug 15, 2017
Why did you get 2.2 in the university?
When your mates were serious studying, you were busy chasing slay queens Ugandan! angry angry angry
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Franklin462(m): 8:58am On Aug 15, 2017
WhiteSoup:
Brother , the English is heart breaking
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by deeone10: 8:59am On Aug 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

In my honest opinion;

so u have first class?
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by bidierichie: 9:02am On Aug 15, 2017
Its because you have no skill (technical skill) to back it up. Be skillful and see if you will not displace someone with 1st class that is without skill (competency / technical know-how). We are living in the age of skills where "what you can offer" is what rule and not what you graduated with, the school you attended notwithstanding.
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by broadally2(m): 9:02am On Aug 15, 2017
WhiteSoup:
I does not knows either tongue
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by fk001(m): 9:03am On Aug 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

In my honest opinion;

So you also have an honest opinion
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Moorish: 9:09am On Aug 15, 2017
nwakuso:
how come its difficult 2 get a job wit a 2.2, which is not a bad grade, cos its like most companies employ pple wit a 2.1or is it by luck. lots of love

It is because you don't have connections

Sorry sha
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by pweetiedee(m): 9:17am On Aug 15, 2017
edeXede:
embarassed
Why is it difficult to make a 1st class in University.
And beside I made 2.2 in Poly but I tried my best ooooo.
But to God be the glory, I got work on nairaland.
You can see I have resumed to my work.
How can we see you have "resumed to your work" ?
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 15, 2017
Busymind11:
Become your own Boss instead of wasting time looking for a job......Cosmetics Business is booming please take advantage!!!
Cosmetics business?
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by ogawisdom(m): 9:18am On Aug 15, 2017
nwakuso:
how come its difficult 2 get a job wit a 2.2, which is not a bad grade, cos its like most companies employ pple wit a 2.1or is it by luck. lots of love

Most companies give aptitude test so dt shld help you to prove yourself against 2.1 and first class except u be complete olodo
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by mercytripletz: 9:26am On Aug 15, 2017
naijaboiy:

Because everybody is not the same. Your 2.1 doesn't make you better than 2.2 graduate, it only gives you a better opportunity at getting a job, still if you have nothing more to offer other than your 2.1 certificate then you're no where near getting that job.

And I expected a reply like this. That's how people defend themselves anyways. Truth is truth.
No vex. Don't mention me, I won't reply.
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Princeadonis(m): 9:27am On Aug 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

In my honest opinion;

God bless u in abundance! Some people wuld go to sch and study very hard and make 1st class and 2:1 and some would go to sch have fun and grad wit 2:2 and third class and u want to enjoy d same fate as d former in d labour market. Some ill minded people would see people wit 1st class and 2:1 and say "dat those not mean they would b greater dan me, they are jst lucky" YES u may be greater bt d efforts u didn't put in sch back then wuld nw b tripled wen u're out of sch. MY OPINION! GBAM!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Barzinime(m): 9:27am On Aug 15, 2017
Some of you see jobs & say I can't do this...I started a job I won't believe i was going to do back in Uni...Just do what you find, some else will come up later, maybe that's how life works? I dont know...but it did for me...start little & persevere
nwakuso:
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Princechuks90(m): 9:28am On Aug 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

In my honest opinion;

That's not true. If you really passed through a university, you would be saying otherwise. Anyways, it's your opinion... I rep UNN
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by Princeadonis(m): 9:32am On Aug 15, 2017
naijaboiy:

Stop typing trash!
Third class or drop out spotted! beefers
Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by okenwaa(m): 9:37am On Aug 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

In my honest opinion;

You are as dumb as this your comment.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? by peacemara54(m): 9:39am On Aug 15, 2017
Fabulocity:
2-1, 2-2 third class is all bullshit in Nigeria! Oga stop whining. I know third class people out there with good jobs, and not the work of connections.
In a country like Nigeria, what determines your success is how smart you are(street smartness and intelligence), how hard you can hustle, the skills you equip yourself with and the network you build.
If you feel like a 2-2 is bringing you down, why don't you enhance yourself: get a masters' degree, get reputable certifications, acquire new skills, go for professional conferences and lectures and expand your network. Your grade is not holding you down. When first class and 2-1 graduates have not even finished finding jobs. The thing is Nigerians are generally lazy and they don't want to take that extra step that'll take them places. They'd rather sit at home and cry about how there are no jobs, how a particular grade is looked down on. Nobody wants to leave their comfort zone.
Its true. academics, we met here, on earth. There are virtues & skills in you born with. Academics doesn't determine your altitude in life. If it fails you, what about the virtues & skill? They are there for a purpose and can make a way for you. When you combine this with academic knowledge, you will truly excel. Richest pple in this world, in nigeria, I don't think they are all professors?

Whatever your hand find doing, do it well.
Check my signature

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Please Help Before My Friend / N100k Job In Ibadan Or N200k Job In VI Lagos / The Difficult Stages In The Life Of A Nigerian Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.