Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,355 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki (60731 Views)

How I Will Treat Non-muslims In North – Atiku Reveals Plan To Unite Nigerians / I Regret Joining APC, Atiku Reveals / PDP Primary: Tambuwal Finally Speaks On Loss To Atiku, Reveals Next Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by lyricalz: 7:36pm On Nov 15, 2018
shakmati:
“I don’t think there is any part of this country that wants to leave this country. All they want is fairness, equity and justice”, he added.

This is a man that understands Nigeria!

I dey tell you guy

1 Like

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by yuvisan: 8:03pm On Nov 15, 2018
“Boko Haram was formed by youths abandoned by politicians ,” says presidential ambitious Atiku.
But what are you? You are castigating yourself . Your message is empty , feeding gullible uninformed Nigerians
whom you have reduced to abject poverty. VOTING FOR ATIKU WILL BE TANTAMOUNT TO SOCIO- ECONOMIC & POLITICAL SUICIDE.
TOTAL MORAL BANKRUPTCY
. Now that Nnamdi Kanu has been granted bail , where is he to answer in Court for the charges against him?
PLS LET NO ONE INSULT OUR INTELLIGENCE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by gidgiddy: 8:21pm On Nov 15, 2018
jafol:

You better be tired cos you can't give insults to other tribes and expect fairness from them, while you igbos were the first tribe that caused trouble in nigeria by creating a military coup.

The 1945 Jos massacre
1953 Kano massacre
1964 census crises
1965 operation 'wetie

There was already huge problems long before the January 1966 coup. Only an ignorant person will say that Nigeria's problem started with the first coup that has been mischievous dubbed an 'Igbo coup'
Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by bigtt76(f): 8:28pm On Nov 15, 2018
When dem arrest this one now people go say APC na hin cause sm undecided

Naijaalive:

Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has said Boko Haram was formed by youths abandoned by politicians.

The PDP presidential candidate stated this in a chat with The Africa Report while speaking on how he’ll counter the sect.

“I happen to know how Boko Haram came into being. They were offshoots of political thuggery. Politicians used those boys in Boko Haram to win elections and then abandoned them and then there were no jobs for them.

“It was the same thing with the Niger Delta. In 1998, I saw it myself and I warned people.

“It’s going to be a multifaceted approach. It will involve negotiations. It will involve military action”, he said.

On the incessant herders/farmers clashes and cattle-rustling, Atiku declared that grazing reserves was the solution.

“In each province in the north, we used to have a grazing reserve. During the season, the cattle are in the reserves.

“When it is off-­season when farmers would have cultivated all their crops, then the cattle move out to the areas where the farmers have cultivated, allowing the grass in the grazing reserves to grow. These grazing reserves have been abandoned over the years.

On the fate of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) Nnamdi Kanu and former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, Atiku noted that the rule of law must be respected.

His words: “I don’t want to be individualistic on this issue. I reject any illegal detention, any detention that is not based on rule law and order.

“Dasuki is being detained il­legally. It is only a court that will say whether he is guilty or not.”

On calls for secession by some South-East, Atiku hinted on “a conference to discuss reconstruction”

“I don’t think there is any part of this country that wants to leave this country. All they want is fairness, equity and justice”, he added.

https://all-gists..com/2018/11/atiku-reveals-boko-haram-formed-speaks-nnamdi-kanu-dasuki.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by Nature8(m): 8:47pm On Nov 15, 2018
Naijaalive:

Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has said Boko Haram was formed by youths abandoned by politicians.

The PDP presidential candidate stated this in a chat with The Africa Report while speaking on how he’ll counter the sect.

“I happen to know how Boko Haram came into being. They were offshoots of political thuggery. Politicians used those boys in Boko Haram to win elections and then abandoned them and then there were no jobs for them.

“It was the same thing with the Niger Delta. In 1998, I saw it myself and I warned people.

“It’s going to be a multifaceted approach. It will involve negotiations. It will involve military action”, he said.

On the incessant herders/farmers clashes and cattle-rustling, Atiku declared that grazing reserves was the solution.

“In each province in the north, we used to have a grazing reserve. During the season, the cattle are in the reserves.

“When it is off-­season when farmers would have cultivated all their crops, then the cattle move out to the areas where the farmers have cultivated, allowing the grass in the grazing reserves to grow. These grazing reserves have been abandoned over the years.

On the fate of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) Nnamdi Kanu and former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, Atiku noted that the rule of law must be respected.

His words: “I don’t want to be individualistic on this issue. I reject any illegal detention, any detention that is not based on rule law and order.

“Dasuki is being detained il­legally. It is only a court that will say whether he is guilty or not.”

On calls for secession by some South-East, Atiku hinted on “a conference to discuss reconstruction”

https://all-gists..com/2018/11/atiku-reveals-boko-haram-formed-speaks-nnamdi-kanu-dasuki.html

Well spoken sir...
Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by Awaja(m): 8:59pm On Nov 15, 2018
If only politicians can be as nice as they’re during campaigns,Nigeria will be better.
Atiku seems to understand the unique nature of Nigerians.Ojukwu contested for Nigeria’s President,he believed in Nigeria.
Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by FrancisIgya: 9:11pm On Nov 15, 2018
Atiku is full of deceptions

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by Sirjamo: 9:18pm On Nov 15, 2018
Atiku wants to negotiate with Ipob terrorists!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by waliya(m): 9:41pm On Nov 15, 2018
on the issue of Boko haram i desagree with Atikus philosophy because iam a aleaving witness to what happen during boko era.First of all its the issues of fanatism,bigot,and indescipline among the northen elite.mark my word anytime an issues that is brought under the umbrella of religion in the north i mean the whole who is who in the northen part support such idea without critically using the microscopic medium of justice to measure them,when this guy started i know how our traditional,political and even the so called interlectual elite in the north keep mum because of sentiment.
BORNO ELDERS.... "solders should live our state because they kill our children" during the time of presedent good luck jonathan.
DASUKI...... " give boko haram unconditional amenesty"
BORNO STATE GOV KASHIM SHATIMA... "boko haram are our children,brothers,sister etc"
If you analysed those statement you can know what i mean.

In conclusion just look at how muslim react to the issues of hijab in schools, if s student can be distiguished as muslim or non muslim them what is the reason to called their clothing as unifoam.
Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by Xfemt(m): 9:51pm On Nov 15, 2018
Atiku take dis

U ve my vote
Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by Chemcrown: 10:24pm On Nov 15, 2018
3rdeyeNigeria:

And you think what Nnamdi Kanu (or IPOB) wants is final.

Reason why MNK became popular was because of the open discrimination against Igbos, the 5% statement , the recurrent pogrom... and the way the current government handled his rant.

In a fair enough climate, MNK would just be a lone voice in the wilderness

Then, IPOB does not have a plan, no referendum, no election or biafra or death is a wash
Hope I got it right.
When Atiku is now picked as the presidential aspirants now, majority of IPOB (IBO) starts to atikulate. Can you now see all na washhhhhhh

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by Refino(m): 10:29pm On Nov 15, 2018
shakmati:

This statement has made history,it will be remembered and consolidated as a call to unity for a united Nigeria, a piece of the Mind of God spoken as a statement of fact; for it is written '..God hates putting away...Come let us reason together . says the LORD..'
ONE LOVE FOR MY FUTURE PRESIDENT,MAY GOD SEE YOU THROUGH AND BLESS YOU TO WALK IN HIS WAYS IN JESUS NAME

1 Like

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by freevo: 10:52pm On Nov 15, 2018
Atikulate all atikulables to have an atikulated Nigeria when atikulation takes effect atikufully from May 29th 2019.
Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by 7lives: 11:20pm On Nov 15, 2018
NOC1:
But all this happened when you were in power as a vice president.

If I tell you that I'm not in shock na lie, this won ti ku is turning out to be as DAFT as I imagined him to be.
He was in government during the early days of Boko Haram, shall we now say that Atiku out of frustration, he set the terror group up to destabilize Obj's government or what?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by gaskiyamagana: 12:01am On Nov 16, 2018
shakmati:

.... in the art and act of looting and lootry.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 16, 2018
toyetoba:

Leave them. Most Nigerian youths don't have sense. He will come back and cause more havoc.
So which do you clamour because PMB is not an option
Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by gaskiyamagana: 12:06am On Nov 16, 2018
freevo:
Atikulate all atikulables to have an atikulated Nigeria when atikulation takes effect atikufully from May 29th 2019.
No, no to Athieflooters, Atikulooting artikully our treasury.
Sai baba
Sai Buhari till 2023.
Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 16, 2018
yuvisan:
“Boko Haram was formed by youths abandoned by politicians ,” says presidential ambitious Atiku.
But what are you? You are castigating yourself . Your message is empty , feeding gullible uninformed Nigerians
whom you have reduced to abject poverty. VOTING FOR ATIKU WILL BE TANTAMOUNT TO SOCIO- ECONOMIC & POLITICAL SUICIDE.
TOTAL MORAL BANKRUPTCY
. Now that Nnamdi Kanu has been granted bail , where is he to answer in Court for the charges against him?
PLS LET NO ONE INSULT OUR INTELLIGENCE.
Atiku said the truth Mr.
Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by gaskiyamagana: 12:08am On Nov 16, 2018
freevo:
No, no to Athieflooters, Atikulooting artikully our treasury.
Sai baba
Sai Buhari till 2023.
Insha Allah
Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by gaskiyamagana: 12:12am On Nov 16, 2018
Refino:

This statement has made history,it will be remembered and consolidated as a call to unity for a united Nigeria, a piece of the Mind of God spoken as a statement of fact; for it is written '..God hates putting away...Come let us reason together . says the LORD..'
ONE LOVE FOR MY FUTURE PRESIDENT,MAY GOD SEE YOU THROUGH AND BLESS YOU TO WALK IN HIS WAYS IN JESUS NAME
We shall see who will carry the day.
Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by namio10: 12:12am On Nov 16, 2018
ibrahimsalam:
Sai baba atiku
If uniting every region of Nigeria is your vision we will obediently vote you,the real enemies of Nigeria are the ones who go on spreading religious bigotry and hatred .
God bless Nigeria
God bless atiku

Words on marble.

I shall place these words on a marble in my living room.

President Buhari believes in shooting to death the unarmed civilians shouting secession if the fraudulent political structure is not restructured.
Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by gaskiyamagana: 12:14am On Nov 16, 2018
Xfemt:
Atiku take dis

U ve my vote
Just as Jonathan have it in 2015.
Another loser is loading.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by jafol(m): 1:28am On Nov 16, 2018
gidgiddy:

The 1945 Jos massacre
1953 Kano massacre
1964 census crises
1965 operation 'wetie

There was already huge problems long before the January 1966 coup. Only an ignorant person will say that Nigeria's problem started with the first coup that has been mischievous dubbed an 'Igbo coup'
There are reasons behind the massacre. You can see before there r massacres they must have been a rift between the land owners and the visitors that want to claim their land. The same thing happening in Lagos south africa, india and Ghana. Na only you igbos? The question is why can't you igbos talk to yourselves and speak the truth? Go straight to why people are against You cos we know you people as stubborn, proud, abusive, never agreeing that u r wrong, always standing with the opposition always, always claiming things that you don't own, challenging authority, narcissistic, praising the wrong things for your benefits only, etc You igbos need to check yourselves.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by gidgiddy: 1:34am On Nov 16, 2018
jafol:

There are reasons behind the massacre. You can see before there r massacres they must have been a rift between the land owners and the visitors that want to claim their land. The same thing happening in Lagos south africa, india and Ghana. Na only you igbos? The question is why can't you igbos talk to yourselves and speak the truth? Go straight to why people are against You cos we know you people as stubborn, proud, abusive, never agreeing that u r wrong, always standing with the opposition always, always claiming things that you don't own, challenging authority, narcissistic, praising the wrong things for your benefits only, etc You igbos need to check yourselves.

We don't need to do anything. Whenever we Igbos declare our own country and go our way, it will be you Nigerians that will come to fight war to bring us back into 'one Nigeria'
Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by jafol(m): 4:22am On Nov 16, 2018
gidgiddy:

We don't need to do anything. Whenever we Igbos declare our own country and go our way, it will be you Nigerians that will come to fight war to bring us back into 'one Nigeria'
We will see grin
Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by Deadlytruth(m): 5:28am On Nov 16, 2018
bestman09:

The average igbo man sees every part of the country as a home and is ready to develop it to the best of his ability. The average igbo man do not hate the hausas/fulani or yoruba man.
What the average igbo man hates is bigotry, lying, laziness, religious extremists and fanatics, pretenders like Buhari. Buhari has never managed a successful business, yet feels he is best for Nigeria. Even his cows has continued to be 150 since 1999, no increase whatsoever.

We support Atiku because he doesnt claim to be a saint like Buhari.

Ironically it was an Igbo man who destroyed the initial structure that encourages competition and industriousness, and replaced it with this one that encourages laziness, sense of entitlement, waiting for handouts from the FG, etc.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by Deadlytruth(m): 5:31am On Nov 16, 2018
gidgiddy:

It was you Igbos that invented the 'one-Nigeria' fraud and were also the first to fight war against and bring back to 'one-Nigeria' those who declared their country.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by Nobody: 5:48am On Nov 16, 2018
This your definition of 'an average igbo' seems interesting
Cause on nairaland, an average igbo doesn't exhibit these characteristics

(neither does an average Yoruba)
bestman09:

The average igbo man sees every part of the country as a home and is ready to develop it to the best of his ability. The average igbo man do not hate the hausas/fulani or yoruba man.
What the average igbo man hates is bigotry, lying, laziness, religious extremists and fanatics, pretenders like Buhari. Buhari has never managed a successful business, yet feels he is best for Nigeria. Even his cows has continued to be 150 since 1999, no increase whatsoever.

We support Atiku because he doesnt claim to be a saint like Buhari.
Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by Deadlytruth(m): 5:54am On Nov 16, 2018
gidgiddy:

The 1945 Jos massacre
1953 Kano massacre
1964 census crises
1965 operation 'wetie

Agreed that all these massacres up North predated the Jan 15 1966 coup. But should the Igbos have tried to avenge those massacres by embarking on a coup which took the lives of fellow southerners whose tribes never at anytime massacred Igbos?
And after those massacres had happened in the North, wasn't it still the Igbos that later invented the 'one-Nigeria' slogan and demonized other tribes for asking that Nigeria be immediately dismembered on account of those very massacres, colluded with the British to sabotage the motion for secession clause, and later sabotaged the very first secession declaration by Ijaws?

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by Deadlytruth(m): 7:14am On Nov 16, 2018
gidgiddy:

Atiku, this has gone beyond firness, equity and justice. If 100 years since the creation of Nigeria and 58 years since independence, we are still looking for firness, equity and justice within Nigeria, it is time to call it quits. These things should be the minimum expectation of being part of Nigeria.

As an Igbo man, I am highly embarrassed to hear about countries like Gambia- 1.8 million people, Mauritius -1.3 million people, and you want a 45 million strong Igbo nation to stay in Nigeria looking for firness and equity?

That's not good enough! I want my own country! I am tired of fighting with Hausa and Yoruba everyday in an endless quest for nationhood that does not exist

I want independence

But at independence, we had a constitution which guaranteed everyone fairness, equity, justice and sense of belonging only for an Igbo man to introduce military rule with which he subverted that constiution, replaced it with another one that bred all these chaos, oppression, social injustice, winner takes all, repression, etc. that have become our lot ever since then. So whose fault is that we are where we are today?

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by gidgiddy: 7:53am On Nov 16, 2018
Deadlytruth:

But at independence, we had a constitution which guaranteed everyone fairness, equity, justice and sense of belonging only for an Igbo man to introduce military rule with which he subverted that constiution, replaced it with another one that bred all these chaos, oppression, social injustice, winner takes all, repression, etc. that have become our lot ever since then. So whose fault is that we are where we are today?

That is lame, stupid excuse. There is no country that did not go through military coup in West Africa, with the exception of Cameroon. Ghana had had a military coup in 1966, just like Nigeria, and several in the 70's and 80's. Today, Ghana has risen above its past and has had over 40 years of democracy. If Nigeria could not rise above its first coup then it all lends to the fact Ojukwu and Kanu have been saying, that the Igbo man should be allowed to exit Nigeria. All the military coups in Africa, the military always suspends the constitution and introduce decrees, that's how they operate.

If Nigeria could not get its act together after the first coup and over 50 years , we should not be together

A South African saying says "If a couple can not get past their first what All, they have no future together"
Re: Atiku Reveals How Boko Haram Was Formed, Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Dasuki by Deadlytruth(m): 8:09am On Nov 16, 2018
gidgiddy:

That is lame, stupid excuse. There is no country that did not go through military coup in West Africa, with the exception of Cameroon. Ghana had had a military coup in 1966, just like Nigeria, and several in the 70's and 80's. Today, Ghana has risen above its past and has had over 40 years of democracy. If Nigeria could not rise above its first coup then it all lends to the fact Ojukwu and Kanu have been saying, that the Igbo man should be allowed to exit Nigeria. All the military coups in Africa, the military always suspends the constitution and introduce decrees, that's how they operate.

If Nigeria could not get its act together after the first coup and over 50 years , we should not be together

A South African saying says "If a couple can not get past their first what All, they have no future together"

That is a stupid escapist response in denial of responsibility. Nigeria is far larger, more populated, more diverse and far more complex than Ghana and every other West African country to recover from a destroyed foundation so soon.
That there was military rule in other West African countries doesn't justify its introduction to Nigeria. From Independence we purposed and destined ourselves to be greater than all those countries, so why should we have immitated their retrogressive ways while calling ourselves the Giant of Africa and their big brother who should have set the example of nation building?
Only a very stupid people would rationalize a stupid action of theirs with the claim that everyone else once did it.
Did the US we were hoping to be like ever have military coups?
We are not even really talking about the Jan 15 1966 coup which was just a treasonable offence against the state but that Ironsi destroyed and violated the very first ever mutual agreement we ever all consented to as our terms of coexistence thereby sowing the seeds of the perpetual distrust that has held us back and made it difficult for Igbos to get the exit they so desire as those who are supposed to work with them to get it don't trust them as good potential allies given Ironsi's treacherous dealing with Nigeria on their advice.

The same South Africa which made that saying you quoted also set up Truth and Reconciliation Committee to look into the past with the purview of addressing the mistakes made at the foundational stage before they as a people could get past their first and have a future together. So we must address the Ironsi blunder which Igbos must first admit and apologize for in the spirit of truth before we can either move forward as one country or part ways. Anything short of that will not be tolerated from Igbos.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bruce Fein's Open Letter To Buhari / SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters / Final Result Of Gubernatorial Election In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.