Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,035 members, 7,828,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? (3025 Views)

Men Can You Marry A Lady With Too Many Tattoos: see picture / The Biggest Mistake A Lady Can Make In Life Is To Marry A Poor Man- Nigeria Lady / Should I Let Him Go Or Should I Stay And Try? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by joseph6071: 3:25pm On Nov 16, 2018
Gone are the days when ladies do marry for true love, when nobody thought of material things when it comes to getting married. But it is quite different finding the same around these days.

I had a female friend then in school who told me that she does not really care about studying and passing, that all she wants to do is to look really good and she is sure a rich man would notice her and get married to her and they would spend the money together.

now my question is, what happens to those that are poor who needs a beautiful woman by their side to become successful with them, or is the saying that "behind every successful man is a woman" now obsolete?

I want to see all your opinions...cheers

source: https://www.musictori.com/2018/11/ladies-can-you-marry-poor-man-and-try.html

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44, dominique
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by SweetBuns(f): 3:27pm On Nov 16, 2018
No thanks. Its too risky. I can't help a broke man.
If he's not yet made, he shouldn't think of marriage at all

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by Tallesty1(m): 3:38pm On Nov 16, 2018
SweetBuns:
What if he becomes poor after marriage? What will you do?

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by naijaboiy: 3:39pm On Nov 16, 2018
SweetBuns:

But who is asking you for help na? They're talking about dating and obviously a man who has made it doesn't need much of your help either. What will you contribute when you don't know the foundation of his success?

Your type get married quite alright, but complain of lack of attention and not being involved in certain financial or family matters. Little did you know that your absence at the beginning of his struggle resulted to such attitude. You're just a passenger he met on his journey of life not a supporter or helper.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by SweetBuns(f): 3:44pm On Nov 16, 2018
naijaboiy:

But who is asking you for help na? They're talking about dating and obviously a man who has made it doesn't need much of your help either. What will you contribute when you don't know the foundation of his success?

Your type get married quite alright, but complain of lack of attention and not being involved in certain financial or family matters. Little did you know that your absence at the beginning of his struggle resulted to such attitude. You're just a passenger he met on his journey of life not a supporter or helper.
undecided
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by MissRaine69(f): 3:46pm On Nov 16, 2018
A poor man can have ambition and drive but lack the means HOWEVER the biggest issue is some of you brothers struggle with discipline and loyalty! So a woman can stand by you while you both try to make ends meet but the moment the good times start to roll that very woman that struggled with you, is replaced with someone who was never there from the start. This is the biggest issue why would you replace your all weather woman with a fair weather one?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by SweetBuns(f): 3:47pm On Nov 16, 2018
MissRaine69:
A poor man can have ambition and drive but lack the means HOWEVER the biggest issue is some of you brothers struggle with discipline and loyalty! So a woman can stand by you while you both try to make ends meet but the moment the good times start to roll that very woman that struggled with you, is replaced with someone who was never there from the start. This is the biggest issue why would you replace your all weather woman with a fair weather one?
exactly
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 16, 2018
I'll edit this when it hits fp
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by mhizv(f): 4:06pm On Nov 16, 2018
I can marry a man who is educated,career minded,ambitious,knows what he wants,isn't lazy,and can take care of a family. Obviously things would change. Besides I'd support too.

6 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by MissRaine69(f): 4:07pm On Nov 16, 2018
naijaboiy:

There are women who have supported a guy when he had absolutely nothing
And when he made it
He replaces her can you also appreciate the scepticism and weariness a woman can have when it comes to this? I am very aware women are also guilty of doing the same.
But that’s a different story for a different time.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by naijaboiy: 4:07pm On Nov 16, 2018
MissRaine69:

Any type of man can replace a woman. This stereotype of the struggling man doing that stuff is so stale now don't you think?

Oni of ife has changed wives in less than two years. So? Y'all should come up with another excuse of why you're scared and always searching for that assurance and security.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by MissRaine69(f): 4:08pm On Nov 16, 2018
naijaboiy:

Any type of man can replace a woman. This stereotype of the struggling man doing that stuff is so stale now don't you think?

Oni of ife has changed wives in less than two years. So? Y'all should come up with another excuse of why you're scared and always searching for that assurance and security.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by Ranchhoddas: 4:09pm On Nov 16, 2018
Recycled topic!
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by MissRaine69(f): 4:09pm On Nov 16, 2018
naijaboiy:

So you make it personal rather than look at it objectively?
So typical on NL
Smh

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by naijaboiy: 4:09pm On Nov 16, 2018
MissRaine69:

There are women who have supported a guy when he had absolutely nothing
And when he made it
He replaces her can you also appreciate the scepticism and weariness a woman can have when it comes to this? I am very aware women are also guilty of doing the same.
But that’s a different story for a different time.

Already addressed this in my previous post.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by MissRaine69(f): 4:11pm On Nov 16, 2018
naijaboiy:

Already addressed this in my previous post.
I am not going to have a discussion with you because you cannot be objective.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by naijaboiy: 4:13pm On Nov 16, 2018
MissRaine69:

So typical on NL
Smh

Lmaoo!! What's personal in my post dear? grin Obviously that was a well thought angle and I subjected it to you for observation.

Okay, tell me where in my posts that I went personal and didn't stick to my objective opinion? You're the one rather acting like the typical Nl feminist backing out of a discussion when the odds of getting your points across is not in your utmost favor. grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by naijaboiy: 4:14pm On Nov 16, 2018
MissRaine69:

I am not going to have a discussion with you because you cannot be objective.

Sounds like I lost something important. Touche cool

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by donbachi(m): 4:15pm On Nov 16, 2018
c'mon boyfriend/girlfriend broken relationship girls are like:"after all we've done together"...as if dem build house or buy car 2geda or "after all i have done for you"...as if she build house or buy car 4 d guy...yet,they claim they can't marry a broke guy.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by AryEmber(f): 4:17pm On Nov 16, 2018
Sure but we'll do court wedding, sign pre-nup or a written agreement. I won't ask him not to marry someone else but he mustn't push me and my children aside.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by MissRaine69(f): 4:20pm On Nov 16, 2018
naijaboiy:

Lmaoo!! What's personal in my post dear? grin Obviously that was a well thought angle and I subjected it to you for observation.

Okay, tell me where in my posts that I went personal and didn't stick to my objective opinion? You're the one rather acting like the typical Nl feminist backing out of a discussion when the odds of getting your points across is not in your utmost favor. grin
Name calling is petty and immature
And so what if I am a feminist? How does that impact on your life?
Like I said I would have discussed ....I will reiterate that is the operative word here but that’s not what you are doing.
Goading and name calling such a shame you have to resort to that. I will return when someone worth conversing with posts something.
Have a good day yeah?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by naijaboiy: 4:25pm On Nov 16, 2018
MissRaine69:

Name calling is petty and immature
And so what if I am a feminist? How does that impact on your life?
Like I said I would have discussed ....I will reiterate that is the operative word here but that’s not what you are doing.
Goading and name calling such a shame you have to resort to that. I will return when someone worth conversing with posts something.
Have a good day yeah?

Who called you names? grin Please maintain your lane as before jare!

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by denko(m): 4:27pm On Nov 16, 2018
You are totally not correct. In those hustle time the woman must have made the man to pass through hell on earth, but that is not enough reason to act this picture you painted
MissRaine69:

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by MissRaine69(f): 4:38pm On Nov 16, 2018
denko:
You are totally not correct. In those hustle time the woman must have made the man to pass through hell on earth, but that is not enough reason to act this picture you painted
It helps to read and then process so you can stop being so defensive yeah?
In no way did I make a definitive statement about all men. There is this very important word I used, that word is SOME. It’s there in my post.
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by DanDeeBoss(m): 4:52pm On Nov 16, 2018
SweetBuns:
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 16, 2018
Una don start ba? a woman is tested when a man have nothing, a man is tested when a he have everything. Its a game of chance, not everyone is willing to play. Personally, i have never dated a rich guy, i date Comfortable guys. D rich once always believe u are after their cash, thats an insult
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by samysmoothfresh: 5:02pm On Nov 16, 2018
MissRaine69:

So typical on NL
Smh

i had to read his post thrice after reading this comment yet i didnt see nor could i deduce how he took it personal undecided

oh well, i'm not surprised anyway cos to a typical nl lady, discussing objectively means "shut the fvck up and tak what i say as the truth and final answer"

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by DanDeeBoss(m): 5:18pm On Nov 16, 2018
gloria34:
Una don start ba? a woman is tested when a man have nothing, a man is tested when a he have everything. Its a game of chance, not everyone is willing to play. Personally, i have never dated a rich guy, i date Comfortable guys. D rich once always believe u are after their cash, thats an insult
Nice one... I love the part "I date comfortable guys".....Wise move...
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 16, 2018
I don't answer this type of question on Fridays.
Wait till Sunday cheesy grin
Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Poor Man And Try To Be Rich Together? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 16, 2018
DanDeeBoss:
Nice one... I love the part "I date comfortable guys".....Wise move...
See u, searching 4 trouble where there is none. I Cant b earning above 40 and dating a guy that have no job, guy think am na. U as a guy, can u date such a girl?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beyonce Bare Boobs, Slays In Ankara Outfit / I Am Ashamed, My Heart Is Broken And Depressed / Be careful of girls alot are demonic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.