Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,158 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves (49224 Views)

Educate Me On How To Stop My Boxers From Smelling / 5 Food Combinations That May Affect Your Health / "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Dynamiq(m): 4:54pm On Nov 17, 2018
ogunsbanjul:
With God even if SS marries SS the children will surely be AA.

Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Michelle55: 4:54pm On Nov 17, 2018
cry It's either AA or nothing else.. I no fit shout mbok.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by sylvez(m): 4:55pm On Nov 17, 2018
Gangster1ms:
Not entirely correct in terms of the arrangement.. i know two AS that got married and their first born was SS. So much suffering the poor guy is passing through

DNA test has to be conducted
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by bravesoul247(m): 4:59pm On Nov 17, 2018
feldido:
But don't rule out Rhesus Factor when considering marriage too
what's that about?
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Abimbola29(m): 5:00pm On Nov 17, 2018
flyca:
This AC genotype seems to be a recent development. I'm not sure I heard of it in Primary and Secondary schools? Then we were only taught AA, AS and SS.
I just discovered mine is AC my brother even my blood group na B± I just weak

2 Likes

Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by adanny01(m): 5:02pm On Nov 17, 2018
Richardjcooper:

My case exactly. Me and one of my sisters are AS. Our parents are AA. If we didn't resemble I'll suspect foul play somewhere. Picked my father's baldness and fingernails and my mom's looks and complexion. Doctor said these things happen sometimes but didn't give a definite explanation

If both of your parents are actually AA, then one of them is not your biological parent.

Ask your parents.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by ibnjimoh(m): 5:13pm On Nov 17, 2018
flyca:
This AC genotype seems to be a recent development. I'm not sure I heard of it in Primary and Secondary schools? Then we were only taught AA, AS and SS.

i haven't heard of it also

1 Like

Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Mysine: 5:15pm On Nov 17, 2018
TO FOLLOW THE TRUE LIFE STORY OF A 61 YEAR OLD LIVING WITH SICKLE CELL DISEASE, LOG INTO www.thessjourney.net
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by sod09(m): 5:16pm On Nov 17, 2018
StrongandMighty:

How can u get SS when there is only one S? Common sense
what is SC combination Mr sense
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by rossyc(f): 5:29pm On Nov 17, 2018
Tallesty1:
Impossible is nothing babe. You can use your free time to read more on de novo mutation.
It's not possible unless one of the couples does not know his/her genotype. Where will the S come from? This is simple biology.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 17, 2018
flyca:

No. I'm AC and I've know that for over 20 years now

1 Like

Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by sharpchap: 5:34pm On Nov 17, 2018
AC & AS combination should give U a probability of AA, AS, AC, SC for each pregnancy. There is no place for SS in this scenario. If your genotype does not match those of your parents everyone should check again to be sure.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Rajosh(m): 5:40pm On Nov 17, 2018
StrongandMighty:

don't be quick to insult. What about AC + AC that begat SS
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by PotatoSalad(m): 5:43pm On Nov 17, 2018
Michelle55:
cry It's either AA or nothing else.. I no fit shout mbok.
Marry Me
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by PotatoSalad(m): 5:47pm On Nov 17, 2018
Please we need more threads like this Mr Seun Osewa

Today's the first time I'm hearing about AC
This rhesus factor thing is a bit clear to me now.
I'm AA and O+, what's in for me guys?
Haven't been to a hospital in over 15 years.
No drips, no admissions. I only get sick once or twice a year, malaria which goes away after 2 - 3 days.

3 Likes

Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Kayharry(m): 5:47pm On Nov 17, 2018
flyca:
Ac is not common. I am Ac.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by billionman: 5:48pm On Nov 17, 2018
Reading through all the comments, I can see a lot of us here don't actually understand the basic inheritance pattern of the hb genotype. I'll try to put up a simple-to-understand writeup here in my spare time.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by haykes(m): 5:49pm On Nov 17, 2018
Noted
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Kayharry(m): 5:50pm On Nov 17, 2018
But Ac+SS bring SS
StrongandMighty:

Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by JezCalMeJay(m): 5:54pm On Nov 17, 2018
StrongandMighty:

AC is a weaker version of AS
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 17, 2018
Pls. Which one is AC again now?
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Ocon: 6:03pm On Nov 17, 2018
ogunsbanjul:
With God even if SS marries SS the children will surely be AA.
Oponu undecided
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Emmasteev(m): 6:05pm On Nov 17, 2018
Ok, What Of Me Wey I Be O Genotype
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Ocon: 6:05pm On Nov 17, 2018
Unigrad:
About two cases I know in Nigeria whereby both parents of AS gave birth to 4children with AA. This call for a research to know why but the technogical and financial needs are limiting it.
I think government need to come in.
There's 25% of occurrence in every bath. Guess d family were very lucky, some families are unlucky tho

1 Like

Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Emekus042: 6:05pm On Nov 17, 2018
echepops:
Here is the list of all genotype combinations and the possible results. Please educate yourselves. Knowledge is power.

https://stephenechefu..com/2018/11/genotype-combinations-and-possible.html

Which one be AC?
Say na AC Milan,
Actions Congress
Air Condition.....abeg no confuse us now,I think we know enough on that
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by OgogoroFreak(m): 6:11pm On Nov 17, 2018
Emekus042:

Which one be AC?
Say na AC Milan,
Actions Congress
Air Condition.....abeg no confuse us now,I think we know enough on that
AC are those AC Milan fans by default.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 17, 2018
JezCalMeJay:

AC is a weaker version of AS
AC is healthier than AS
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 17, 2018
sharpchap:
AC & AS combination should give U a probability of AA, AS, AC, SC for each pregnancy. There is no place for SS in this scenario. If your genotype does not match those of your parents everyone should check again to be sure.
Am SS, My dad is AS and my Mom is AC.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by chedoson(m): 6:39pm On Nov 17, 2018
contigiency:

Please what does that mean.
In blood group we Normally have positive or negative i.e A+ or A- , B+ or B , O+ or O-, AB+ or AB-
Someone with negative in his/her own will only marry someone with negative also and someone with positive will only marry someone with positive
Negative +positive will lead to miscarriage during pregnancy
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Tallesty1(m): 6:50pm On Nov 17, 2018
rossyc:

It's not possible unless one of the couples does not know his/her genotype. Where will the S come from? This is simple biology.
The S comes from a process know as de novo mutation....... Go read about it babe.

There is nothing simple in biology
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Johnnyhardex(m): 7:04pm On Nov 17, 2018
chedoson:

In blood group we Normally have positive or negative i.e A+ or A- , B+ or B , O+ or O-, AB+ or AB-
Someone with negative in his/her own will only marry someone with negative also and someone with positive will only marry someone with positive
Negative +positive will lead to miscarriage during pregnancy

Not always
Check https://www.quora.com/Can-rhesus-positive-women-marry-a-rhesus-negative?ch=10&share=c4bf821f&srid=OEs5J

1 Like

Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 17, 2018
ThankGod I'm AA, I dunno why I keep meeting AS guys, AA+AA will be very cool, though someone said it Will be selfish to marry AA when you are AA cheesy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Neurological Screening Test / Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad / Guys, Here Are 6 Sure Natural Ways To Get Pink And Seductive Lips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.