Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves (49178 Views)

Educate Me On How To Stop My Boxers From Smelling / 5 Food Combinations That May Affect Your Health / "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Adroit144(m): 5:19pm On Nov 18, 2018
Teebashy:
Actually it is possible and I am one
pls are u CC or SC?
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by dochenaj: 6:16pm On Nov 18, 2018
This genotype reassortment is laden with error.

AS & AC has a potential to birth an SC. When I saw that error, I stopped reading.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by dochenaj: 6:21pm On Nov 18, 2018
zedman1:
The possibility of having SS is 1/4, could be the first, last or only child.
And could be all 4 children or none. The probabilistic proportion only approximates to the real figure only when the sample size is large (law of large numbers).
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by zedman1(m): 6:32pm On Nov 18, 2018
dochenaj:

And could be all 4 children or none. The whole proportion only approximates to the real figure only when the sample size is large (law of large numbers).
Just a further explanation of my point I guess? It could be all or non but must not be the FIRST as the person I qouted thinks. 1/4 means there's a slimmer chance compared with say SS+SS = 4/4. Wrong?...... Meanwhile AC? This sounds new to me.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by PotatoSalad(m): 8:02pm On Nov 18, 2018
Michelle55:

Lol.. So? You want to marry me as Christians gift to your people ni?
I want kids. Beautiful kids.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by bahaushe1: 1:09am On Nov 19, 2018
Alcacer47:
cc is genetically not possible...but SC does exist, I am AC so don't ask how I got to know

What are the possible outcomes in couples with
AC + AC?
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Teebashy(f): 6:44am On Nov 19, 2018
Adroit144:
pls are u CC or SC?
CC
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by nerd51(f): 9:12am On Nov 19, 2018
enemyofprogress:
and that doesn't change the fact that you look like SS tongue tongue

And that doesn't still change the fact that it's none if your business so buzz off
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Michelle55: 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2018
PotatoSalad:

I want kids. Beautiful kids.
smiles...you will get them by His grace
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by adunniii: 12:41pm On Nov 19, 2018
braine:

The C is not rare o. I've see a lot of people with AC and one SC.
I alot of people dont know bout it
my uncle's wife bet in it with me that nothing like AC exists
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by PotatoSalad(m): 12:48pm On Nov 19, 2018
Michelle55:
smiles...you will get them by His grace
Don't waste time baby, let's take this to the other side, shall we?
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Adroit144(m): 1:25pm On Nov 19, 2018
Teebashy:
CC
do u experience any form of pain episodes
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Teebashy(f): 5:22pm On Nov 19, 2018
Adroit144:
do u experience any form of pain episodes
Nothing except for tiredness and av not even have malaria for d past 6yrs
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by feldido(m): 6:58pm On Nov 19, 2018
Spectaclesawe25:

How Sir? Am a rhesus negative guy, You mean I can only marry a rhesus negative woman like me?
Can hardly find Rhesus negative girlfriends self.
Enlighten us if you have info abt this.

Then you are one of a lucky guy like me... U can marry woman whether negative or positive.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by feldido(m): 7:01pm On Nov 19, 2018
latsy:

Couldn't it be handled during pregnancy and birth?

Yeah, it can.
But u can't rule it out
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Michelle55: 9:51pm On Nov 19, 2018
PotatoSalad:

Don't waste time baby, let's take this to the other side, shall we?
we shall.. Oya I dey your back

Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by PotatoSalad(m): 2:35am On Nov 20, 2018
Michelle55:
we shall.. Oya I dey your back
Lmao
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by apharm(m): 2:45pm On Nov 22, 2018
braine:

Chai! That's horrible. How are they coping?

it's horrible bro. only two are remaining, others are dead
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by enemyofprogress: 8:48pm On Nov 27, 2018
nerd51:

And that doesn't still change the fact that it's none if your business so buzz off
e pain am tongue
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by MhizGladys(f): 10:58am On Jun 05, 2019
enemyofprogress:
and so fokn what? Your fiancée is SS

You, right?
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by n1ky(f): 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2019
enemyofprogress:
what a family
Nice family
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by ejimatic: 7:08am On Sep 26, 2019
StrongandMighty:

How can u get SS when there is only one S? Common sense
. AC and AS are the same.In some laboratories when they see AC they write AS in the result because both S and C are alike..That is why it is advisable that AC and AS should not marry each other because of the possibility if having SC which is more or less SS
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by ejimatic: 7:10am On Sep 26, 2019
echepops:
Here is the list of all genotype combinations and the possible results. Please educate yourselves. Knowledge is power.

https://stephenechefu..com/2018/11/genotype-combinations-and-possible.html

AC and AS are the same.In some laboratories when they see AC they write AS in the result because both S and C are alike..That is why it is advisable that AC and AS should not marry each other because of the possibility if having SC which is more or less SS
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Adroit144(m): 8:27am On Sep 26, 2019
ejimatic:
AC and AS are the same.In some laboratories when they see AC they write AS in the result because both S and C are alike..That is why it is advisable that AC and AS should not marry each other because of the possibility if having SC which is more or less SS
they are not the same o... SC experience less pain, SC patients also have higher life expectancy to that of SS
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by ejimatic: 8:41am On Sep 26, 2019
Adroit144:
they are not the same o... SC experience less pain, SC patients also have higher life expectancy to that of SS
more or less.....there may be some slight difference as you said ...however some SS live longer too.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by ejimatic: 10:59pm On Oct 13, 2019
Adroit144:
okay
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by paparazi1(m): 10:43pm On Dec 19, 2019
agbeloba1000:

There is AC, someone close is a carrier. Shares same fate as AS. The thing is once you're AS or AC, your best and possibly match is solely AA to avoid child carrying SS OR SC
Okay noted, science keep evolving,
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by paparazi1(m): 9:56am On Dec 29, 2019
agbeloba1000:

It exists man!
Someone close is a carrier, shares same fate as AS. the thing is once you're AS or AC, the best and possibly match for you is solely AA. Don't try to bring children to world who would be SS or SC.
okay oooh, science keep
evolving.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by MhizGladys(f): 6:26pm On Apr 29, 2020
enemyofprogress:
and so fokn what? Your fiancée is SS
no, he is not
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Validated: 5:08am On Apr 30, 2020
StrongandMighty:

How can u get SS when there is only one S? Common sense
AS and AC can get SC. SC is a Sickler and suffers anaemia just like SS.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by IbadanJohnWick(f): 11:34pm On Jan 07, 2021
feldido:
But don't rule out Rhesus Factor when considering marriage too
Ehen
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Neerich1512(m): 12:27pm On Mar 13, 2022
flyca:
This AC genotype seems to be a recent development. I'm not sure I heard of it in Primary and Secondary schools? Then we were only taught AA, AS and SS.
...... I got to know about my genotype to AC higher institution during registration 22yr ago neva knew there was anything like AC

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? / Coronavirus: Snakes The Likely Cause Of Deadly Chinese Virus / A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.