Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? - Business (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? (298219 Views)

How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million And How? / What Business Gave You Your First Million In 2019 / How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by dbestuncle: 7:23am On Apr 29, 2020
Can u teach me affiliate marketing?

Thanks
BiafranBushBoy:

You wanna hear some lazy man investments?

Smiles... No...

First I started with affiliate marketing... I set it up while working full time. It took over a year to make $50.

The aim is to keep expenses to the barest minimum while working hard.

Once it started gaining traction. I veered off into blogging and started selling information products.

It wasn't hard to start earning $600 monthly.

I dived into Amazon kindle publishing...

End result was that within 6 months just clocking 25, I was there...

Then I already gain traction. Everything is now automated...

I still kept my 7 - 4 job.

The aim is to keep expenses very low. Do away liabilities like phones, shoes and new clothes and reinvest profit

I don't have any liquid assets, I love making my profits myself and saving the others.
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by dbestuncle: 10:38am On Apr 29, 2020
Am interested pls how do u mean. Is it about making them or selling for someone
24...pant business cheesy
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Gentlesoul96(m): 3:01pm On Apr 29, 2020
empire02:
Made my first million at 22, that was last year through agency banking...made it in just 5months into the business.....
Now I have a betshop that earns Cool cash also....

But I'm still interested in online business that I can be investing 10k weekly....
Anyone willing to help me out

Agency banking? Please what is all about.
Is it a POS or what?
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by empire02: 4:01pm On Apr 29, 2020
Gentlesoul96:

Agency banking? Please what is all about.
Is it a POS or what?
Yes.

2 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by EphraimBoat: 4:22pm On May 01, 2020
I will be back by November by God's grace!
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Kira02(f): 10:24am On May 03, 2020
Millennialaku:

affiliate marketing ? cheesy
Lol, yes with blogging
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Goalnaldo(m): 11:07am On May 03, 2020
Tissuepaper this your thread is one of the most visited and active in this forum. You try.

6 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Millennialaku(m): 11:59am On May 03, 2020
Kira02:

Lol, yes with blogging
congrats in advance wink
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by TissuePaper: 12:08pm On May 03, 2020
Goalnaldo:
Tissuepaper this your thread is one of the most visited and active in this forum. You try.
thanks my man...good to see that it touched and is still touching so much lives smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by KingUg(m): 6:53pm On May 05, 2020
Viking007:
Seems the average age is between 24-26yrs. I made mine at 26, well, it was via gambling, plus little importation business(laptops) and domain flipping. The funny thing is I learnt everything from Nairaland.
bro can you pls tutor me on domaining

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by chuckingTHINGS(m): 9:41pm On May 16, 2020
If you need help on setting up anything shopify and ecommerce or Paypal, I got you.

Just google this: How To Setup your Free Shopify Store For Free without Ever Paying anything!

or thinking of opening your own Nigerian PayPal account?

Get The Complete Guide: How To Open, Send And Receive PayPal Funds In Nigeria totally for Free

Check my Signature....braaa

This offer is strictly for Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Mysmartnetwork: 5:48pm On May 17, 2020
Interesting and very inspiring thread , thanks to op
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Britishcoins(m): 8:09pm On May 17, 2020
Wow today I have made more than a million, exactly a year I started boutique business, despite starting with a token of 200k, today I have goods more then a million naira, atleast I made 8k daily...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by demanuel(m): 10:33pm On May 17, 2020
Britishcoins:
Wow today I have made more than a million, exactly a year I started boutique business, despite starting with a token of 200k, today I have goods more then a million naira, atleast I made 8k daily...
Congratulations sir.
As your business continues to grow, ensure you put in place systems and processes to manage your accounts , inventory, online marketing etc
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by haon: 11:56pm On May 17, 2020
A Person with a rich mindset will think of how to multiply the money. While the average man who gets a million or below will think of upgrading his lifestyle. One key thing about the rich that keeps them rich is that they keep investing. It’s what I would like to call; “the rich mindset”.
I will be showing you 15 businesses you can start with 500 thousand naira in Nigeria.
(1)car wash

(2)Sports Betting

(3)POS business

(4)football viewing center

(5)Game center

(6)event rental equipment
The full details of the businesses are in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdoIj3q1c08

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by doggedfighter(f): 9:41am On May 19, 2020
Jerie:

No problem
Where is your location?
Jerie, can you teach me too, please. I'm in Onitsha.
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by sgtmark(m): 11:11am On May 19, 2020
Hey! I have brought you an amazing gift where u can get your first million of money just by viewing advertizements and by inviting friends. There are many available withdrawal options. don't hesitate start collecting today!!!
https://xromoney.xyz/387196307536215/
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by mintyx(m): 9:45pm On May 20, 2020
yp1:

How can I reach you sir? I would love for you to guide and mentor through this please. Looking forward to hearing from you, God bless

Pls I am interested in this too. How can I reach you please
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 21, 2020
Britishcoins:

can u mentor me sir
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 21, 2020
i buy all type of Giftcards for Cash

Airtime (Airtel, Glo, MTN, Etisalat)

i sell RMB and also procure and ship from 1688, Ebay, Amazon, Alibaba to Nigeria

Facebook ads and blog design

whatsapp - 07081997275
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by empire02: 5:40pm On May 21, 2020
Britishcoins:

Tell me more about this boutique business
I have quite a reasonable amount of money to start with.

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Britishcoins(m): 10:00pm On May 21, 2020
empire02:

Tell me more about this boutique business
I have quite a reasonable amount of money to start with.
There is nothing too difficult inside, the secret is good business location and what really helped me is that I have good hearted customers who supplied me goods amounted to 300k weekly, and I have been doing fine. So before embarking on this business ensure you secure hot business location..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by killbill95(m): 11:10pm On May 21, 2020
hav been reading dis thread since 8pm nd it's already 11.am really motivated.am in my mid twenties and I can't even boast of 20k. although am still a student oo. nobi say I no sabi save money ooo,I dey save well well ND me sef na hustler .hav saved up 200k b4 ND was scammed. am tired of eating mama tank ma. make person help me show me d way. abegg . I need something doing

4 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by haon: 11:40pm On May 21, 2020
Did you know that the government of Nigeria has seperated A particular amount of money for its citizens to build there own house?
Please comfirm this information on NATIONAL HOUSING FUND website. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zp8Ag4_rlM
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Arrogantbro(m): 1:58pm On May 23, 2020
What a nice topic. Just found this, I was in my early twenties when I made my first millions through online business

2 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Chuky7(m): 11:26am On May 25, 2020
The10thMan:
I Was 26.

Graduated school in 2004. Just before graduation, my mother had advised/suggested that I learn a vocation. ''Handwork'' as she calls it. But for reasons I cannot recall, I did not. A resourceful woman that she is. She knew that a craft or skill could always put food on the table when the chips are down with respect to a graduate's certificate. During NYSC, I taught in a remote village and learnt French. With respect to entrepreneurship, I only thought of buying cheap food stuff and sending to my home state. But I never pulled this through. Eventually, (both during and after NYSC) I choose to apply for various jobs. Any that was available. I needed seed capital for my dream. I recall trekking Trans Amadi Industrial Area in PH dropping CVs to companies. Many oil and gas servicing firms were there. Out of desperation,I even went to Primary and Secondary Schools to look for teaching jobs. Come see their shakara untop my 4.01 Second Class Upper. cheesy But I couldn't be bothered. I knew I needed to get a job first, then raise seed capital even if I wanted to start a business. Background was humble and family was just managing. Wrote various aptitude tests for banks like Intercontinental, other banks, Freisland, Diageo, LNG, etc. And another test with an Oil and Gas Agency. The first job I landed was with a bank. Old Generation Bank still existing today. Got a job as a Banking Assistant-Graduate Trainee. Went to Lagos for 1 month training and was posted to the Eastern Part of Nigeria. While in the bank in 2007, the Oil and Gas Agency finally called. Their recruitment took super long. Left/dumped the bank like crazy. Resigned without thinking twice. Salary in the Bank was 59,000 monthly back then. One of the lowest paying.

In my new job, housing allowance was 1.6 Million annually. Salary about 200k monthly. Not to mention hazard, offshore, etc. allowances. I was 26. I recall I called up my friends in the bank and jokingly told them they are all small boys.. grin grin grin grin. Teasing them and telling them how if I wanted to I could buy a car every year. By God's grace, Finances have never gone below 1 million naira. Savings alone with Work Staff Cooperative Society is multiple millions. ONE IMPORTANT THING IS I KEEP MY LIABILITIES AND EXPENSES LOW and still do. Never believed in the ''I need to upgrade so people know I have arrived'' mentality. I dont need any man or fine girl to see me as ''A Big Boy''. I successively acquired 4 properties. 2 Lagos and 2 back home. Built first house in Lagos. Added two shops to the front section. Completed and rented all flats and shops out. I still live in a rented apartment. It is cheaper for me to stay there than in my house.

Eventually, those with financial intelligence know that money in the bank and dormant salary/income doesn't bring returns. Money is a messenger and money doesn't like being idle. You need to send it on good errands to bring more money, and the cycle continues. Also, there is time value of money and money depreciates. With all these at the back of my mind, I urgently needed to transfer a lot of my finances into assets that will generate income. This is still my biggest challenge today. How to identify good investment opportunities. Additionally, as Warren Buffet said If you don't find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die. . There was need to invest in passive income businesses.

I have focused greatly on developing my skills and developing myself professionally in my area of expertise/discipline. I eventually set up a Consulting Firm/Company in my area of expertise with freelance workers. I read a lot, pay for courses myself. I do not always wait for my organisation to train me. All these coupled with work sponsored courses ensured I knew my onions in my field. I love to read about wealth creation and financial intelligence. I have a crazy collection of over 20 books. Kiyosaki, Trump, Napoleon Hill, etc. and I love watching Grant Cardone, Tai Lopez, etc. on Youtube at my spare time just for encouragement. My job is still there by Gods grace and I am rising through the ranks. Consulting firm is growing strong. Now Consult for both Upstream and Downstream Companies. Trying my best to brand the company with a good website, good brand image, modernized logo, etc. Currently, I have the desire to open a conglomerate to diversify to various sectors. Picture Dangote Group. Called up a lawyer for advice. I intend to go into a lot of business ventures. I shall do Healthcare/Pharmaceuticals, Construction, Real Estate,Catering Hospitality and Tourism, Marine, Telecoms, Financial Services, Foods, Entertainment, Mass Communication/Media, Education,Agriculture & Agro-Allied, etc.

Recently, I realized that needed daily revenue and need more income streams. Having A job is an income stream, having a consulting firm is another income stream. But I could do better. No need to wait till end of month for pay/salary or wait till companies pay for contracts executed. Some companies can owe you for ages on completed jobs. My Consulting brings money but you have to chase contracts and bids etc. Plus, contracts dont come easy. Also, price war between contractors drives down profit margins a lot. All these in mind, I am currently planning to open a Mini Plaza with a lounge anywhere after Ajah Axis in Lagos. Currently, searching for property for this venture. Need something with daily returns so the idea that I should open my own Lounge/Bar/Cafe with a small plaza for sharwama,asuun,nkwobi, fried potatoes etc.I have always pictured myself closing from work and going to handle my business at the Lounge/Bar & Restaurant and watch customers eat, drink, chat, laugh and merry. That is my next project and next income stream. A fourth (4th) income stream I am planning is to follow Grant Cardone's idea-''build multi-family dwelling housing in a property instead of a single family unit''. So picture multiple 1 & 2 Bedroom self-cons./apartments instead of a gigantic big duplex. With the multi dwelling units you are sure of some rent. Intend to do this with the other land in Lagos and more I intend to acquire in other parts of the world (Yes the World).

ONE BIG MISTAKE I MADE WAS NOT LISTENING TO MY LATE MUM. Like I hinted, she practically forces all her kids to learn a vocation/a skill regardless of how highly educated you are.All my sisters can sew, cook, bake, make soap, grill fish etc. Personally, she wanted me to learn Welding and Fabrication. Perhaps, I felt I was too educated for it or something, but I never did. Perhaps by now I would have been constructing Sky scrappers and handling huge projects with my current knowledge and exposure.

Taken liberty to post a few diagrams to educate people in a glimpse about financial intelligence. How the rich use income to create assets that generate more income. And how the poor use income to create liabilities that keeps them poor. The poor spend money on liabilities. To them that is ''enjoying'' life. The rich spend on assets. These assets are GOODS,SERVICES, PROCESSES that can solve human/society's problems. In Economics, this is called UTILITY or VALUE. Utility can be TIME UTILITY (You help people save time), and/or FORM UTILITY (You produce something in a way people want it) and/or PLACE UTILITY (You bring something closer to people so they easily reach it). Humans naturally want value and so they take decisions on any thing that will give them least risk, least effort, cost them less time and highest value/less money. The wealthy and wealth creators realize this and do not really focus on the money but focus on solving problems (creating utility) which people are willing to pay them money for. The rich get seed capital, invest it to create wealth. The poor/managing get seed capital and buy liabilities that even put them into more debt. THE WHOLE WORLD NEEDS FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE AND THE PRINCIPLES OF FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE SHOULD BE TAUGHT IN SCHOOLS.

All in All I am GRATEFUL.

Hello Sir...

Just came across your post ...

did you later achieve your goals?...

you seem very ambitious, I would love to learn a few things from you.

2 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by DexterousOne(m): 1:24am On Jun 20, 2020
Protein0:
Making the first million is challenging, making the second is more challenging and sustaining it is the most challenging because majority of what people do to save their early millions work briefly. When such cease working, it takes the guidance of The Divine, self discipline and creativity to keep the tempo.

Hardly can you save millions from salary jobs. You MUST combine something with dem or even struggle to avoid salary jobs, if possible kiss

Well said

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by ehix89(m): 2:39am On Jun 20, 2020
Don't know if anyone will be interested in this, i need to reinvest in a different line of business. Feel free to contact me on whatsapp on 08030803380

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Mumaraoluwa: 3:09pm On Jun 20, 2020
Looking at the state of the nation now, COVID-19 pandemic, unemployment, some graduates turning something else in the society, young people over the street, CVs upon CVs, some even have jobs but no satisfaction, some feel unfulfilled. Some are being bossed down constantly. Aren't you tired of living for your boss? Aren't you tired of them all?

Aren't you tired of being controlled anyhow?

Aren't you tired of going about with CVs yet no job?

Aren't you tired of walking the street aimlessly?

Aren't you tired of intimidation, shame, reproach and the likes from uncles, aunts, friends, neighbours, relatives because of your present state?

C'mon, this is an opportunity flying before you to learn a lucrative skill that will take you from zero to hero, shame to fame.

Let me show you through this training how you can become self employed through Graphic Design Biz.

Let me show you how it works.

Let me show you how you can be at home and make money.

Let me show you how you can increase your income.

Pay N5,000 into 0562264228/GtBank/Simeon Michael

Send proof of payment to 09025231429 on WhatsApp ⁣
Check flyer for more details⁣

Time is running!!!