Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK - Education (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK (221926 Views)

2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Sheddy79(m): 12:21pm On Feb 20, 2019
A job of 200k is not good enough, what about becoming your own CEO, it costs nothing to attend the interview, it doesn't take more than 20mins, between 1pm and 5pm of the interview week, on a weekday, it all takes planning to beat your curiosity, kindly plan ahead and develop yourself with a good masters degree from one of the world's best universities, u can never regret it, I insist!
mrphysics:

Just checked my application and I was shortlisted. But when I click on submit button, all I see is, your details has been updated. Is this the same response everyone gets?

I applied for the foreign scholarship though. Lol.

Also, I have a good paying job, it pays more than 200k. The firm wouldn't want me to go, I have been thinking if I should continue or go for the scholarship. Was praying that I wasn't shortlisted. lol.

What do you think?

3 Likes

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by mrphysics(m): 1:12pm On Feb 20, 2019
Sheddy79:
A job of 200k is not good enough, what about becoming your own CEO, it costs nothing to attend the interview, it doesn't take more than 20mins, between 1pm and 5pm of the interview week, on a weekday, it all takes planning to beat your curiosity, kindly plan ahead and develop yourself with a good masters degree from one of the world's best universities, u can never regret it, I insist!
This is great boss. Thanks for your time and comment. I tried applying next year but forgot until it was over. Is the interview a written test or normal interactive session with a panel/committee?

I will go for the interview by God's Grace and hope for the best.

I wouldn't know if the response I got after I submitted my interview location is what others get. The response reads "PTDF xxxx says your profile has been updated" or something similar. Someone should confirm.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by joshuachuks93(m): 1:43pm On Feb 20, 2019
Hello all,
Nice to be here.
I checked and was shortlisted for the LSS though I applied for both and I was able to select my interview centre. I did that twice, same as my friend and wasn't able to login again. The response is: the portal has been closed.

Also, I do like to get any useful information from a Local PTDF scholar as regards the nature of interview, although I saw that of a UK scholar. Or is it likely o be the same process?
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by irumole1975: 2:09pm On Feb 20, 2019
mrphysics:

Just checked my application and I was shortlisted. But when I click on submit button, all I see is, your details has been updated. Is this the same response everyone gets?

I applied for the foreign scholarship though. Lol.

Also, I have a good paying job, it pays more than 200k. The firm wouldn't want me to go, I have been thinking if I should continue or go for the scholarship. Was praying that I wasn't shortlisted. lol.

What do you think?

Which job is that? please
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Kinfinity007: 4:15pm On Feb 20, 2019
Pls answer me and end my curiosity. I wasn't shortlisted by ptdf, I'll like to knw if this also implies in the daad..?
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Abokii8(m): 4:50pm On Feb 20, 2019
Kinfinity007:
Pls answer me and end my curiosity. I wasn't shortlisted by ptdf, I'll like to knw if this also implies in the daad..?
You have lost it too brother.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Ellacity: 5:35pm On Feb 20, 2019
Well I cant rule that out as well. Just don't say its over until its really over. Last year, some people got email but were unable to choose a center and later they were told that they weren't shortlisted. and some got email even when they werent shortlisted ab-inition, Just keep your hope alive and dont hit much on yourself. Remember, there is always another day.

irumole1975:
@Ellacity, will they still send mail?
Is it likely they send mail that you're qualified even after the portal say you aren't. and you check back and then see you are actually qualified

1 Like

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Ellacity: 5:37pm On Feb 20, 2019
for now they havent started sending mail. The mail will come with the date and venue of the interview. Like I said earlier, keep your expectations on course and also not too much. There is always another day.

oyindade:

quote author=Ellacity post=75898210]Sure dear,

I will always try as much as I could to help my anticipated scholars....We from poor background have only education to rely on and hoping something good could come from our intellectual flexing of our brain. In coming days, I will possibly send across some selected questions and how to tackle your interviewers. And I hope to get more people here in Germany or better still in UK....though my masters degree is from the University of Manchester and still by scholarship....Dont even think I have a superior degree, NO......at least 2.1 is a good start and your personality is the bus stop. I wish you the very best.

Please are they most likely still sending mails. I checked my portal and it had said that i have not been shortlisted for the next stage. does it mean its still in review
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Ellacity: 5:39pm On Feb 20, 2019
Thanks...sure my studies is going well...Just a quick information, PhD is Germany is not the same as PhD in UK. I hope other scholars can say more on this assertion. But generally, we are digging it small but steady until the final destination.

Sherlock5577:

To be sincere I can't agree less with what you've posted.
I trust your studies are going great. It's good you're making a positive difference alongside the veteran Dmainman. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Ellacity: 5:41pm On Feb 20, 2019
You have to understand that its a joint stuff and always start with PTDF and it simply means NO PTDF, NO DAAD. QED

Kinfinity007:
I was not shortlisted, does this mean my Daad application is hopeless?
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Ellacity: 5:42pm On Feb 20, 2019
Honestly, I dont know because I havent come across someone in the same situation...MAY BE it will start with you smiley

XtraSmooth404:
@Ellacity,
Is it possible for one to attend both LSS and OSS interviews?

1 Like

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Ellacity: 5:46pm On Feb 20, 2019
Hello Dear,

I have to tell you the simplest truth, NO PTDF, NO DAAD because its a joint task and PTDF will send names to DAAD...but the good news is that there are other daad scholarships that are not tied to ptdf and you can apply for that one. I wish you all the very best.

Kinfinity007:
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by ABSTRUSE: 7:26pm On Feb 20, 2019
Please help as I can't log in. The thing keeps telling me APPLICATION CLOSED.
Any other way I can check my status, that is, whether or not I've been called for interview.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Solverform(m): 7:59pm On Feb 20, 2019
I was able to chose my interview location for local ptdf scholarship too. Please do help with any relevant info as to how to prepare for the interview. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by XtraSmooth404: 8:05pm On Feb 20, 2019
ABSTRUSE:
Any other way I can check my status, that is, whether or not I've been called for interview.

Relax, I think they'll still send an official mail for interviews and location choices, just like last year. Keep your fingers crossed.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by irumole1975: 8:14pm On Feb 20, 2019
Ellacity:
Well I cant rule that out as well. Just don't say its over until its really over. Last year, some people got email but were unable to choose a center and later they were told that they weren't shortlisted. and some got email even when they werent shortlisted ab-inition, Just keep your hope alive and dont hit much on yourself. Remember, there is always another day.

Thank you ma'am for your inspiring words to me
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by irumole1975: 8:25pm On Feb 20, 2019
Solverform:
I was able to chose my interview location for local ptdf scholarship too. Please do help with any relevant info as to how to prepare for the interview. Thanks in anticipation

When did you checked?
Possibly, not today
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by enesi009: 9:03pm On Feb 20, 2019
Pls i cant login to check my status ehn and some people were able to check and choose interview center... Which kind thing b dis now y dint dey live it for long bfor closing it so we know were we stand... Dont knoe what to do now
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by joyce777: 9:12pm On Feb 20, 2019
enesi009:
Pls i cant login to check my status ehn and some people were able to check and choose interview center... Which kind thing b dis now y dint dey live it for long bfor closing it so we know were we stand... Dont knoe what to do now
relax, am in same boat with you, i just saw people were even able to choose locations and test dates a short while ago, went to their portal inserted my pin and i saw applications has closed. i haven't lost hope and so should you. they are probably working on the site and i think they didn't actually plan on opening the site before due date since no press statement on the release of successful applicants for interview is on the website page. to cap it all there is still hope hmm don't despair.

2 Likes

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by dotbutter(m): 9:41pm On Feb 20, 2019
Thanks man, my hope is revitalized
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by MonsieurCoder: 6:55am On Feb 21, 2019
Solverform:

Tips on How To Ace The PTDF Scholarship Interview
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Nobody: 1:18pm On Feb 21, 2019
You are not alone. They must have been doing a test run

ABSTRUSE:
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Chukeg: 1:57pm On Feb 21, 2019
How many days did they open the portal sef.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by simplebb: 5:51pm On Feb 21, 2019
Okay for clarifications on this issues.

I called the helpline on PTDF website to ask for updates on the matter.

The man who picked d call said it was a system/website glitch and that was why it was later closed, that shortlisting is yet to really start, that if it was they wouldn't have closed it when lot of folks are yet to pick interview centres.

He said those who are shortlisted will be communicated via mail in the coming weeks.

I asked him about those who were informed they weren't shortlisted, he said that's also a system glitch for now.

However this is my own take, seems shortlisting is going on and they are not yet done with it. If u were shortlisted before, pray they shortlist u again, if u weren't pray they shortlist u.

#This is Nigeria........Anything and Anything is Possible.

12 Likes

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by joshuachuks93(m): 7:34pm On Feb 21, 2019
simplebb:

The man who picked d call said it was a system/website glitch and that was why it was later closed, that shortlisting is yet to really start, that if it was they wouldn't have closed it when lot of folks are yet to pick interview centres.

He said those who are shortlisted will be communicated via mail in the coming weeks.

I asked him about those who were informed they weren't shortlisted, he said that's also a system glitch for now.

However this is my own take, seems shortlisting is going on and they are not yet done with it. If u were shortlisted before, pray they shortlist u again, if u weren't pray they shortlist u.

Lol.... thanks for the info. We can only hope for the best.

2 Likes

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Sheddy79(m): 8:27pm On Feb 21, 2019
My brother! Do not be deceived by the information from the IT attendants of ptdf! The truth is that if you didn't receive that update about that interview center selection, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful in this session, hence prepare against the next round. The same thing happened last year, even those that were sent success messages in error during the last year edition were eventually recalled, even when the IT attendants were giving some candidates high hopes.
However, I wish all those already contacted a fruitful interview.

simplebb:

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by XtraSmooth404: 8:32pm On Feb 21, 2019
Sheddy79:
My brother! Do not be deceived by the information from the IT attendants of ptdf! The truth is that if you didn't receive that update about that interview center selection, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful in this session, hence prepare against the next round. The same thing happened last year, even those that were sent success messages in error during the last year edition were eventually recalled, even when the IT attendants were giving some candidates high hopes.

Did you receive any mail on update about the interview center selection?
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by simplebb: 9:32pm On Feb 21, 2019
Sheddy79:

That's serious.

But what about those who weren't able to pick d venue.

And those who weren't even able to check the portal to know if they were shortlisted or not.

So it wasn't a system glitch right.....
If it wasn't, then that's a shame on PTDF help desk for not being bold enough to give concrete information.
For now, let's fold our arms and watch, things might change this time.

#Hope doesn't disappoint.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Godsbeloved123: 10:49pm On Feb 21, 2019
mrphysics:

This is great boss. Thanks for your time and comment. I tried applying next year but forgot until it was over. Is the interview a written test or normal interactive session with a panel/committee?

I will go for the interview by God's Grace and hope for the best.

I wouldn't know if the response I got after I submitted my interview location is what others get. The response reads "PTDF xxxx says your profile has been updated" or something similar. Someone should confirm.
That's the normal response you should get, it means you've updated
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Sheddy79(m): 11:16pm On Feb 21, 2019
No mail yet! They have a deadline for the interview center update, upon approaching the deadline/updating the portal of selected applicants at this stage, in view of selecting a possible interview center, selected applicants will be notified via sms/e-mail to update their preferred interview center, however, if you are constantly in touch with the portal and discovers it on your own before the mail/sms, then lucky you. If you are unable to log in at this moment, kindly persevere, and still be optimistic, for it can go either way. But if you were able to access your account before the portal closure, and the message explicitly reads that you have/were not shortlisted, kindly forget about this year's scheme and prepare for subsequent year. Even if you get the success message through sms/e-mail, just 4get it as you will not be allowed to select interview center. The system is specifically designed/prorammed that way. In a nutshell, those of you that are yet to access the portal, kindly wait for a while and check back later, as they are currently updating your current status (selected/not selected). I rest my case for now!

XtraSmooth404:

Did you receive any mail on update about the interview center selection?
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by DewiseKing: 12:44am On Feb 22, 2019
Hi L n G. I think if we send them emails about our inability to update our status, they might open the portal for us to check and select our interview centres...
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Nobody: 5:35am On Feb 22, 2019
Its very simple

They have to wait for elections to be over.
If the incumbent looses they will not be obliged to put their candidates.
Simple & short. Shikenan!

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (78) (Reply)

Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions / Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2011/2012 Admission(official Page)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.