Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,803 members, 7,817,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Q&A: When Were Jesus’ Disciples Born Again? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Q&A: When Were Jesus’ Disciples Born Again? (2886 Views)

Jesus' Disciples Accused Of Poor Eating Hygiene / How Many Christians Are True Jesus Disciples? / How Old Were Jesus' Disciples? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Q&A: When Were Jesus’ Disciples Born Again? by Perfectbeing(m): 9:48pm On Nov 23, 2018
paxonel:
No,
The difference between us and the disciples who followed christ is that, they had to go through all that tribulation or stress of walking with Jesus from city to city through the wilderness to Jerusalem before they could be saved.
But here we are getting salvation in a platter of Gold for free by simply believing.
So we are far better than them.

Thats why i keep saying it is far better to be a christian than to be born again.

We are claiming born again today but we never understand what people who were born again in the bible went through before they eventually became christians

Hmm..
Re: Q&A: When Were Jesus’ Disciples Born Again? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 11:27pm On Nov 23, 2018
We are more than conquerors!

Re: Q&A: When Were Jesus’ Disciples Born Again? by Perfectbeing(m): 12:37am On Nov 24, 2018
Perfectbeing:

Please give us the difference between 1. Heaven. 2. Paradise. 3. The kingdom. 4. Kingdom of God. 5. Kingdom of heaven. 6. "To enter his rest."
And back it up with scriptures..
Still waiting for a reply..
Re: Q&A: When Were Jesus’ Disciples Born Again? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 11:15pm On Nov 24, 2018
Perfectbeing:

Is this for me? Well, let me give it a go.

Heaven, Paradise, “enter into his rest”, all mean the same thing- that’s God’s abode, also this is the final abode for every saved spirit. You know the texts.

The kingdom, kingdom of God, kingdom of heaven, these can be used interchangeably as they mean the same thing. Anybody that has accepted Jesus as Lord and saviour is said to be in the kingdom of God already, and all the entitlements of the kingdom belong to him. You know the Bible texts for these as well
Re: Q&A: When Were Jesus’ Disciples Born Again? by Perfectbeing(m): 7:05pm On Nov 25, 2018
PastorDavidAwuj:

Heaven, Paradise, “enter into his rest”, all mean the same thing- that’s God’s abode, also this is the final abode for every saved spirit. You know the texts.

The kingdom, kingdom of God, kingdom of heaven, these can be used interchangeably as they mean the same thing. Anybody that has accepted Jesus as Lord and saviour is said to be in the kingdom of God already, and all the entitlements of the kingdom belong to him. You know the Bible texts for these as well

It wasn't for you pastor. The question was meant for muttleylaff.
Re: Q&A: When Were Jesus’ Disciples Born Again? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 7:18pm On Nov 25, 2018
Perfectbeing:

Ok
Re: Q&A: When Were Jesus’ Disciples Born Again? by MuttleyLaff: 8:45pm On Nov 25, 2018
Perfectbeing:
Please give us the difference between
1. Heaven.
"This is what the LORD says:
"Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool.
Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be?
"
- Isaiah 66:1

"The LORD has established His throne in the heavens,
And His sovereignty rules over all.
"
- Psalm 103:19

Heaven, is a celestial, unable to be seen with ordinary physical eyes HQ or command post of God,
whose extent of power, control, jurisdiction, authority and influence extends all the way to earth
The Isaiah 66:1b "... the earth is my footstool" & Psalm 103:19 "... And His sovereignty rules over all." remarks testify to this.

Perfectbeing:
2. Paradise.
I think it right and appropriate to quickly and fully, first, apprise you about paradise Perfectbeing.

Well, until Jesus' parable in the NT, sheol, in general,
without necessarily distinguishing between righteous or unrighteous souls, has been the realm of the dead or abode of the dead.

We have verses in OT (e.g. Psalm 9:17 etcetera) suggesting that the wicked go to sheol
but it was Jesus in the NT that brought things into perspective when he shared the hyperbolic illustration of sheol with the story of the Rich Man being elsewhere and Abraham with the Poor Man being on a different side to where the Rich Man is

From Jesus' parable, we got to know, that Sheol, actually has two sections with a dividing gulf (i.e. the dividing gulf is a demarcation)
The two sections were the Rich Man section and Abraham's bosom section

"Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise."
- Luke 23:43

Most people' last words are very profound, and Jesus' is no exception to this.
Jesus as a dying man, hung on a cross, uttered seven famous dying last words
Jesus' second famous dying last word was the Luke 23:43 remark to the thief and promising to be with the thief later that day in paradise

Those, initially and who would have been, in the good side of Sheol, (i.e. Abraham's bosom) are now in paradise, just where the thief too is

Paradise is an intermediate state
It is like being in an airport terminal's departure area
The area where you (i.e. think of the Rich man here) hold your ticket, boarding pass and wait with your luggages before taking a flight to your final destination

Some airlines, as a service to premium or selected passengers, operate airline lounges,
providing the premium or selected passengers with comforts in these lounges,
that are better than and beyond, those available in the airport terminal's departure area for regular or economy passengers

These premium or selected choice passengers (e.g. think of Father Abraham and the Poor man here),
enjoy plush and more comfortable seating, quieter environments, advantage perks are provided.
Other privileges may include private meeting rooms, telephones, wireless internet access and other business services, along with provision of free drinks and snacks to enhance passenger comfort.
- looks and sounds like a place of bliss, doesnt it?

1/ Do you know what happened, what Jesus did, a few weeks after He narrated that parable of the Rich Man and Poor Man named lazarus?
2/ Most of the verisimilitude characters in Jesus' parables, hardly have names, but the name of the poor man was given.
Do you know why Jesus, on purpose, gave Lazarus, as the name of the poor man, in that parable Perfectbeing?

Perfectbeing:
3. The kingdom.
"The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world"
- Luke 4:5

"Yours, LORD, is the greatness and the power
and the glory and the majesty and the splendor,
for everything in heaven and earth is yours.
Yours, LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.
"
- 1 Chronicles 29:11

Though you werent specific about the kingdom
the kingdom, nonetheless, is any form of king dominion,
as in, to control, direct, influence, exercise authority over etcetera a territory and people

Perfectbeing:
4. Kingdom of God.
"But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come upon you"
- Matthew 12:28

"But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you."
- Luke 11:20

"But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God".
- Luke 9:27

"Jesus answered and said unto him,
Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
"
- John 3:3

"For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power."
- 1 Corinthians 4:20

20And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said,
The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you
- Luke 17:20-21

It's a known fact & truth that Jesus, sometimes, interchangeably uses "Kingdom of God" and "Kingdom of Heaven"

Jesus in Luke 13:18-30, gave an illustration of what the "Kingdom of God" is like and what He can resemble it with
The "Kingdom of God" phrase, depending on the context used, has multiple meanings and/or interpretations.

However, fundamentally and without mincing words, it just means the rule, control, influence, exercising authority, power and government of God

In this context, it is the rule of God, God's rule over something, anything, someone, somebody, your heart for instance etcetera
which is why Jesus, in Luke 17:20-21 above, said the kingdom of God is within you or us

Perfectbeing:
5. Kingdom of heaven.
"23Then Jesus said to His disciples,
“Truly I tell you, it is difficult for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.
24Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.
"
- Matthew 19:23-24
I earlier mentioned that Jesus, sometimes, interchangeably uses "Kingdom of God" and "Kingdom of Heaven"
Matthew 19:23-24 is one of the instances of Jesus, interchangeably using "Kingdom of God" and "Kingdom of Heaven" in a remark.

1In those days John the Baptist came to the Judean wilderness and began preaching. His message was,
2“Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the kingdom of Heaven is near.

- Matthew 3:1-2

From that time Jesus began to proclaim and to say,
"Repent, for the kingdom of the heavens has drawn near!"

- Matthew 4:17

Without knowing for sure what context you have in your mind with the questions, I am hard-pressed doing justice answering this.
so it's suffice to say, fundamentally, the phrase "Kingdom of heaven" extends or stretches beyond Heaven itself.

The kingdom of Heaven is territorial, extending from Heaven to the end of designated points
(i.e. John the Baptist announcing it's near, to Jesus announcing it's drawn near)

Perfectbeing:
6. "To enter his rest."

And back it up with scriptures..
"28Then Jesus said,
"Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.
29Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”
"
- Matthew 11:28-30

This last one is very beautiful and comforting.
Mere seeing and reading "To enter His rest." puts one at ease

"To enter His rest." is nirvana, utopia, paradise, Eden revisited, all rolled into one

Perfectbeing:

PastorDavidAwuj:

Heaven, Paradise, “enter into his rest”,
all mean the same thing- that’s God’s abode, also this is the final abode for every saved spirit.
You know the texts.

The kingdom, kingdom of God, kingdom of heaven,
these can be used interchangeably as they mean the same thing.
Anybody that has accepted Jesus as Lord and saviour is said to be in the kingdom of God already,
and all the entitlements of the kingdom belong to him.
You know the Bible texts for these as well

Perfectbeing:

PastorDavidAwuj:
Ok
To be honest Perfectbeing, without acknowledging and recognising the fact that context is king,
I really dont see the relevance of the five then later changed to six questions
but still obliged you anyway.
Re: Q&A: When Were Jesus’ Disciples Born Again? by studM(m): 10:52pm On Nov 25, 2018
jesusjnr:
Why don't you ask Jesus because He was the one that told that woman she was saved before His death and resurrection, and I'm only just repeating what He said.

However i would try and use illustrations to oblige you such as one that you could very well relate to which is the advance, you know just like people say merry Christmas or happy new year in advance, even though it has not yet reached the day.

So Jesus was already the Savior of the world even prior to His death and resurrection, so even though He had not yet done

it, it was only a matter of time.

Sorry u err not knowing scriptures bro

So it was already His in advance, so if He saw anyone that had done what was required even before His death, He could give it to you and it would be yours from that very moment.

Another illustration is like King David, who was already king once he was anointed, despite that it took him several years before he sat physically on his throne, for in God's sight he was already the King of Israel by virtue of the anointing.

One more illustration is like a man who has been given a kingdom but yet to claim it, however he starts to appoint people that would work with him, and allocate to them places in the kingdom even though he had not yet claimed it, for it's his so it's his prerogative to do whatever he wanted with it, so any place he allocated to anyone automatically becomes that person's possession from that very moment even though he had not claimed it yet!
Re: Q&A: When Were Jesus’ Disciples Born Again? by studM(m): 10:54pm On Nov 25, 2018
jesusjnr:
Why don't you ask Jesus because He was the one that told that woman she was saved before His death and resurrection, and I'm only just repeating what He said.

However i would try and use illustrations to oblige you such as one that you could very well relate to which is the advance, you know just like people say merry Christmas or happy new year in advance, even though it has not yet reached the day.

So Jesus was already the Savior of the world even prior to His death and resurrection, so even though He had not yet done

it, it was only a matter of t

So it was already His in advance, so if He saw anyone that had done what was required even before His death, He could give it to you and it would be yours from that very moment.

Another illustration is like King David, who was already king once he was anointed, despite that it took him several years before he sat physically on his throne, for in God's sight he was already the King of Israel by virtue of the anointing.

One more illustration is like a man who has been given a kingdom but yet to claim it, however he starts to appoint people that would work with him, and allocate to them places in the kingdom even though he had not yet claimed it, for it's his so it's his prerogative to do whatever he wanted with it, so any place he allocated to anyone automatically becomes that person's possession from that very moment even though he had not claimed it yet!

Sorry u err not knowing scriptures concerning d true meanin of being "born again" bro
Re: Q&A: When Were Jesus’ Disciples Born Again? by Perfectbeing(m): 11:55pm On Nov 25, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
"This is what the LORD says:
"Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool.
Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be?
"
- Isaiah 66:1

"The LORD has established His throne in the heavens,
And His sovereignty rules over all.
"
- Psalm 103:19

Heaven, is a celestial, unable to be seen with ordinary physical eyes HQ or command post of God,
whose extent of power, control, jurisdiction, authority and influence extends all the way to earth
The Isaiah 66:1b "... the earth is my footstool" & Psalm 103:19 "... And His sovereignty rules over all." remarks testify to this.

I think it right and appropriate to quickly and fully, first, apprise you about paradise Perfectbeing.

Well, until Jesus' parable in the NT, sheol, in general,
without necessarily distinguishing between righteous or unrighteous souls, has been the realm of the dead or abode of the dead.

We have verses in OT (e.g. Psalm 9:17 etcetera) suggesting that the wicked go to sheol
but it was Jesus in the NT that brought things into perspective when he shared the hyperbolic illustration of sheol with the story of the Rich Man being elsewhere and Abraham with the Poor Man being on a different side to where the Rich Man is

From Jesus' parable, we got to know, that Sheol, actually has two sections with a dividing gulf (i.e. the dividing gulf is a demarcation)
The two sections were the Rich Man section and Abraham's bosom section

"Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise."
- Luke 23:43

Most people' last words are very profound, and Jesus' is no exception to this.
Jesus as a dying man, hung on a cross, uttered seven famous dying last words
Jesus' second famous dying last word was the Luke 23:43 remark to the thief and promising to be with the thief later that day in paradise

Those, initially and who would have been, in the good side of Sheol, (i.e. Abraham's bosom) are now in paradise, just where the thief too is

Paradise is an intermediate state
It is like being in an airport terminal's departure area
The area where you (i.e. think of the Rich man here) hold your ticket, boarding pass and wait with your luggages before taking a flight to your final destination

Some airlines, as a service to premium or selected passengers, operate airline lounges,
providing the premium or selected passengers with comforts in these lounges,
that are better than and beyond, those available in the airport terminal's departure area for regular or economy passengers

These premium or selected choice passengers (e.g. think of Father Abraham and the Poor man here),
enjoy plush and more comfortable seating, quieter environments, advantage perks are provided.
Other privileges may include private meeting rooms, telephones, wireless internet access and other business services, along with provision of free drinks and snacks to enhance passenger comfort.
- looks and sounds like a place of bliss, doesnt it?

1/ Do you know what happened, what Jesus did, a few weeks after He narrated that parable of the Rich Man and Poor Man named lazarus?
2/ Most of the verisimilitude characters in Jesus' parables, hardly have names, but the name of the poor man was given.
Do you know why Jesus, on purpose, gave Lazarus, as the name of the poor man, in that parable Perfectbeing?

"The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world"
- Luke 4:5

"Yours, LORD, is the greatness and the power
and the glory and the majesty and the splendor,
for everything in heaven and earth is yours.
Yours, LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.
"
- 1 Chronicles 29:11

Though you werent specific about the kingdom
the kingdom, nonetheless, is any form of king dominion,
as in, to control, direct, influence, exercise authority over etcetera a territory and people

"But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come upon you"
- Matthew 12:28

"But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you."
- Luke 11:20

"But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God".
- Luke 9:27

"Jesus answered and said unto him,
Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
"
- John 3:3

"For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power."
- 1 Corinthians 4:20

20And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said,
The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you
- Luke 17:20-21

It's a known fact & truth that Jesus, sometimes, interchangeably uses "Kingdom of God" and "Kingdom of Heaven"

Jesus in Luke 13:18-30, gave an illustration of what the "Kingdom of God" is like and what He can resemble it with
The "Kingdom of God" phrase, depending on the context used, has multiple meanings and/or interpretations.

However, fundamentally and without mincing words, it just means the rule, control, influence, exercising authority, power and government of God

In this context, it is the rule of God, God's rule over something, anything, someone, somebody, your heart for instance etcetera
which is why Jesus, in Luke 17:20-21 above, said the kingdom of God is within you or us

"23Then Jesus said to His disciples,
“Truly I tell you, it is difficult for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.
24Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.
"
- Matthew 19:23-24
I earlier mentioned that Jesus, sometimes, interchangeably uses "Kingdom of God" and "Kingdom of Heaven"
Matthew 19:23-24 is one of the instances of Jesus, interchangeably using "Kingdom of God" and "Kingdom of Heaven" in a remark.

1In those days John the Baptist came to the Judean wilderness and began preaching. His message was,
2“Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the kingdom of Heaven is near.

- Matthew 3:1-2

From that time Jesus began to proclaim and to say,
"Repent, for the kingdom of the heavens has drawn near!"

- Matthew 4:17

Without knowing for sure what context you have in your mind with the questions, I am hard-pressed doing justice answering this.
so it's suffice to say, fundamentally, the phrase "Kingdom of heaven" extends or stretches beyond Heaven itself.

The kingdom of Heaven is territorial, extending from Heaven to the end of designated points
(i.e. John the Baptist announcing it's near, to Jesus announcing it's drawn near)

"28Then Jesus said,
"Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.
29Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”
"
- Matthew 11:28-30

This last one is very beautiful and comforting.
Mere seeing and reading "To enter His rest." puts one at ease

"To enter His rest." is nirvana, utopia, paradise, Eden revisited, all rolled into one

To be honest Perfectbeing, without acknowledging and recognising the fact that context is king,
I really dont see the relevance of the five then later changed to six questions
but still obliged you anyway.

Hmm..

Well, if you take offense at me adding one extra number then accept my apology
Re: Q&A: When Were Jesus’ Disciples Born Again? by MuttleyLaff: 12:00am On Nov 26, 2018
Perfectbeing:
Hmm..
Well, if you take offense at me adding one extra number then accept my apology
Take offense ke
It's nothing more than just a statement of fact and observation

You must be at least, now pleased, that I better late than never, stopped keeping you waiting for a reply
Re: Q&A: When Were Jesus’ Disciples Born Again? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 7:38am On Nov 26, 2018
wink

Re: Q&A: When Were Jesus’ Disciples Born Again? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 11:21am On Nov 26, 2018
smiley

Re: Q&A: When Were Jesus’ Disciples Born Again? by Kobojunkie: 6:26pm On Apr 20, 2023
PastorDavidAwuj:
Q: When were Jesus’ disciples born again?
I believe the disciples were already born-again aka born of the Spirit of Eternal Life — the first Helper— even while Jesus Christ walked with them. Evidence of this is found in John 14 where Jesus Christ indicated that after He leaves, He would ask the Father to send them another Helper. undecided
15 “If you love me, you will do what I command.
16 I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper to be with you forever.
17 The Helper is the Spirit of truth. The people of the world cannot accept him, because they don’t see him or know him. But you know him. He lives with you, and he will be in you. - John 14 vs 15 - 17
So, if they were to receive another Helper, then it suggests they had already received the first — the Spirit of Eternal Life who one is born of when one is born-again —while Jesus Christ was with them. undecided
Re: Q&A: When Were Jesus’ Disciples Born Again? by Kobojunkie: 9:46pm On Apr 21, 2023
Perfectbeing:
They got born again after the death and resurrection of Jesus. The holy spirit is the seal of our salvation.
Recall that to be born-again means to be born of water and born of Spirit(The Spirit of Eternal Life), not necessarily gaining access into the Kingdom of God immediately after that. Recall that in John 14 vs 6, Jesus Christ proclaimed, " I am the Way(God's Law) the Truth(God's Spirit of Truth), and the Life(God's Spirit of Eternal Life)...".Then in the very same chapter of the Gospel, Jesus Christ, said the following in John 14 vs 15 - 17 that the disciples were already acquainted with a first Helper...
16 I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper to be with you forever. - John 14 vs 16
...indicating they were already born-again. undecided
Re: Q&A: When Were Jesus’ Disciples Born Again? by Perfectbeing(m): 2:11am On Apr 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Recall that to be born-again means to be born of water and born of Spirit(The Spirit of Eternal Life), not necessarily gaining access into the Kingdom of God immediately after that. Recall that in John 14 vs 6, Jesus Christ proclaimed, " I am the Way(God's Law) the Truth(God's Spirit of Truth), and the Life(God's Spirit of Eternal Life)...".Then in the very same chapter of the Gospel, Jesus Christ, said the following in John 14 vs 15 - 17 that the disciples were already acquainted with a first Helper......indicating they were already born-again. undecided
I don move on boss
Re: Q&A: When Were Jesus’ Disciples Born Again? by Kobojunkie: 2:14am On Apr 23, 2023
Perfectbeing:
I don move on boss
Move on to where or what? undecided
Re: Q&A: When Were Jesus’ Disciples Born Again? by paxonel(m): 3:22am On Apr 23, 2023
Perfectbeing:
They got born again after the death and resurrection of Jesus. The holy spirit is the seal of our salvation.
but how come while Jesus was still alive told Nicodemus, you must be born again?
Re: Q&A: When Were Jesus’ Disciples Born Again? by paxonel(m): 3:28am On Apr 23, 2023
PastorDavidAwuj:
Q: When were Jesus’ disciples born again?

A: Scripture tells us not only when the disciples were born again, but also how. The answer may surprise you: They were born again the very same way you and I, or any other person is.

We know the disciples walked and talked with Jesus on a daily basis.

But like every Christian, each individual disciple had to accept that Jesus was raised from the dead and make Jesus his Lord (Romans 10:9-10). The Bible describes how and when this took place after Jesus’ resurrection:

“That Sunday evening the disciples were meeting behind locked doors because they were afraid of the Jewish leaders.

Suddenly, Jesus was standing there among them! ‘Peace be with you,’ he said. As he spoke, he showed them the wounds in his hands and his side.

They were filled with joy when they saw the Lord! Again he said, ‘Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I am sending you.’ Then he breathed on them and said, ‘Receive the Holy Spirit’” (John 20:19-22).

The disciples saw the resurrected Jesus and knew He was the Lord.

When they accepted His resurrection and lordship, Jesus breathed on them and said, “Receive ye the Holy Ghost.”

This event is very significant because the Bible says when we are born again, we are sealed with the Holy Spirit; in other words, the Holy Spirit comes to live on the inside of us (Ephesians 1:13, 4:30).

The indwelling of the Holy Spirit occurs in every believer the moment they make Jesus their Lord. This salvation experience comes before the Baptism in the Holy Spirit spoken of in Acts 2.

Send your questions today, and I will reply you by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit within me.

+2348126401351

Thank you.

sorry, i didn't know it was this old thread we discussed this born again issue a long time ago grin
Re: Q&A: When Were Jesus’ Disciples Born Again? by Kobojunkie: 3:46am On Apr 23, 2023
PastorDavidAwuj:
■ It is very easy to understand. What does the word born- again mean? It means reborn from the old nature of sin. Simple. This was exactly what Jesus came into the world to accomplish. Adam fell and died spiritually- his spirit man was separated from God. Jesus came, died and rose again, he was the first born from spiritual death. Col 1:18.
■ It might interest you to know that nobody was born again until Jesus was resurrected. You just need to understand what the word born again means. It means born the second time after dying spiritually as a result of Adam’s fall. Now, will you still say that Jesus disciples were “born again” before Jesus’ resurrection? No sir
1. This is dead wrong! Jesus Christ Himself gave you the meaning of the term which He Himself used in His Gospel. Why give it a meaning different from that which Jesus Christ Himself gave to it? What do you gain from such foolishness? undecided

According to Jesus Christ, to be born again means to be born of water and to be born of Spirit(of Eternal Life), and it is required in order to gain entry into the Kingdom of God. undecided

2. Again, this is wrong! Since gaining access to secondary to being born again as far as Jesus Christ explained it in the context of John 3 vs 1 - 21. The gates into the Kingdom if what was thrown open after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. However, with the explanation given by Jesus Christ, again, in John 3 vs 1 - 21, it was quite possible to be born-again before eventually gaining access to the kingdom. undecided
Re: Q&A: When Were Jesus’ Disciples Born Again? by Kobojunkie: 7:17pm On Apr 24, 2023
PastorDavidAwuj:
■ Sins were forgiven in the Old Testament before Jesus’ death. I have pointed that out to you already. But no one was was born again. In fact, again I say Jesus was the first man born again out of the dead spirit of man Col1:18
■ Just correctly define the term “born again” and you will see the light. Check the topic: it says, when were Jesus’ disciples born again not when were sins forgiven.
■ Sins were forgiven all through the Old Testament by sacrifices.
1. I am afraid the statement in bold isn't true at all. Again, Jesus Christ already had the Spirit of Eternal Life and the Spirit of Truth living on the inside of Him while He walked the earth.
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and [b] the truth(Spirit of Truth aka Holy Spirit), and the life(Spirit of Eternal Life by which we are born-again). No one comes to the Father except through me. [/b]
7 If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.” - John 14 vs 6 - 7
He was born this way from His mother's womb, so He really did not need to go through the born-again process which He said we, the sinners of the world, had to. So to claim He was the first born-again, you would first need to pint point exactly when Jesus Christ had what you call the "dead spirit of man". undecided

2. According to Jesus Christ, to be born again means to be born of water and born of spirit. It is that simple. The disciples were baptized before the death of Jesus Christ and we are able to confirm that they were born of spirit even before the death of Jesus Christ, again by the fact that Jesus Christ made reference to them already knowing the first Helper when He was speaking to them of sending another Helper.
15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever,
17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you. - John 14 vs 15 - 17

3. The process of being born-again has nothing to do with the actual forgiveness of sins. While speaking of what it means to be born-again, Jesus Christ did not mention sin or forgiveness of sins in the entirety of the conversation He had with Nicodemus in John 3 vs 1 - 21. And the reason is simple. To be born-again has simply to do with gaining access to the Eternal Kingdom of God — obtaining citizenship. What you do next after that determines whether your sins slate will be wiped clean or not. undecided
Re: Q&A: When Were Jesus’ Disciples Born Again? by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On Apr 25, 2023
PastorDavidAwuj:
■ Where is this in the Bible?
Good question! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atheists,pastors,kobojunk I have a Deep Question Yet UnSolved( Pics) / Common Sins By Christians. / Holiness And The Danger Of Prosperity Gospel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.