Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? (17791 Views)

Top 10 Best Nigerian Songs Released In March 2024 (afrobeats/amapiano) / Wizkid - Money & Love (Official Music Video) / Top 10 Hottest Nigerian Songs Released In July 2018 (2) (3) (4)

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by GOFRONT(m): 2:46pm On Nov 21, 2018
Because sex is sweet
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 21, 2018
The day dem stop singing about money and sex dem go lose market and dem know this dis since na im be d trending tin. This is why i hardly buy many of such naija songs since na d same boring old lyric. But some are good like Adekunle Gold's Ire and johnnny Drille's halleluyah. Those two songs when i listened to them on the radio i fell in love with them dat i had to go to youtube to downloadcheesy. Some naija musicians dey try.
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by highqueen(f): 2:47pm On Nov 21, 2018
omooba969:

What's good about the question?
It's now becoming too much naw.
Nothing inspirational.
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by papiwyte(m): 2:48pm On Nov 21, 2018
Love,money, sex.......
Me am singing for Buhari

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by highqueen(f): 2:48pm On Nov 21, 2018
lefulefu:
The day dem stop singing about money and sex dem go lose market and dem know this dis since na im be d trending tin. This is why i hardly buy many of such naija songs since na d same boring old lyric. But some are good like Adekunle Gold's Ire and johnnny Drille's halleluyah. Those two songs when i listened to them on the radio i fell in love with them dat i had to go to youtube to downloadcheesy. Some naija musicians dey try.
Lol, so you deh listen to Christian music?
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by Daronyk(f): 2:49pm On Nov 21, 2018
Welcome to Nigeria
I think it will stop when we all uphold true values and stop thinking of sex and money but things that can move this country forward
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by introvertme: 2:51pm On Nov 21, 2018
azraeljaheel:
really no hating whatsoever i dont see music videos again i updated all my playlist kicked the shaku shaku genres out....

like i would say we need a FELA

rappers in naija wack no content except few of them

you see young kids singing bullshiiiiiit
role models my fair hairy ass

*spitttttssss

Listen to Brymo

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by xcelentattitude(m): 2:51pm On Nov 21, 2018
9inches:
Tomorrow. It will stop tomorrow, I can assure you.

But tomorrow never ends.
Nah
Till Jesus Comes
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 21, 2018
so na only Nigerian songs dey do that? abeg bro. go to the states and see what is happening. that is what the likes of them here are copying.

the question should be.

When will songs in our present age not be about sex,money and Love.
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 21, 2018
The day Seun, Lalasticlala, Myndd44 prioritizes threads like this https://www.nairaland.com/4858373/chinas-secret-invasion-south-africa#73171964
On front page over threads on Cossy Orjiakor, Linda Ikeji or Tonto Dike etc
Nairaland is Africa's biggest online hub for Pete's sake or Not?

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 21, 2018
MRAKBEE:
But then even the ones with good lyrics don't have catchy beats...
Music is deeper than what you are seeing.
the thing is dat a number of naija songs the beats are disjointed. But some are good. One of the few naija singers i love are simi,johhny drille and adekunle gold. Those guys can sure compose their songs. The rest na jus noise makers shoutin tarty billion for akant and kredit alert for ma akantcheesy
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by elderhimself(m): 2:55pm On Nov 21, 2018
Only when we stop listening to Nigerian music
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 21, 2018
introvertme:

Listen to Brymo
like i said FEW exceptions
brymo is dope but the industry is so one sided

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by Coldfeets: 2:56pm On Nov 21, 2018
The thing taya me.

That's why I don't listen to or watch any of these nonsense they release and call it song or music video.

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by Hoodbilonia: 2:56pm On Nov 21, 2018
download dj mix naija latest song november
and start listening to it on speaker
after 5mins u will be forced to reduce the volume
yhe tempo wud be high .no bass
its always noise
oh baby show me youe body
i go give u my love o
chop mai money
sex me like dog o
useless songs with no meanings

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by Sholaco: 2:56pm On Nov 21, 2018
Until you produce your own

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by Biingoo: 2:58pm On Nov 21, 2018
Shebi na love, sex, money? we gotta do it right...make we take am easy. baby if you want my sugar eeh eh eh eh eeeeeeh!

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by Fayv(f): 2:58pm On Nov 21, 2018
That's why I love Falz's music. His songs are dope,his lyrics are great. People don't understand that music shouldn't just have killer beats and it doesn't always have to make sense but we should be able to relate to it. To be frank,I'd rather spend half an hour listening to '90s music than two minutes of "biggie biggie, heavy heavy".

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by jobaxe(m): 2:58pm On Nov 21, 2018
baga if he easy sing abeg. people may dey sing about naija how many of them reign
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
highqueen:

Lol, so you deh listen to Christian music?
halleluyah by johnny drille a christian song? Biko no kee me with laugh oocheesy. Johnny drille na loverboy and na love song and he featured simicheesy. I think she loves me..halleluyah...oh yes she loves me ,,,halleluyah...cheesy. Its a nice song with lovely beats. U will love d songcheesy. And as for christian songs there is one i always here on the radio waves... Jesus u love me too much ooo.. Too much ooo ..too much oo excesse love oocheesy. I no know who sing am but little kids here can rhyme dat song for africa ehncheesy.

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by olaitonto(m): 3:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
Fans should improve on their mindset and listen to other motivational songs, mostly coming from the new generation artistry... Holla Holla is one
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by highqueen(f): 3:01pm On Nov 21, 2018
lefulefu:
halleluyah by johnny drille a christian song? Biko no kee me with laugh oocheesy. Johnny drille na loverboy and na love song and he featured simicheesy. I think she loves me..halleluyah...oh yes she loves me ,,,halleluyah...cheesy. Its a nice song with lovely beats. U will love d songcheesy. And as for christian songs there is one i always here on the radio waves... Jesus u love me too much ooo.. Too much ooo ..too much oo excesse love oocheesy. I no know who sing am but little kids here can rhyme dat song for africa ehncheesy.
Lmao oga lefu won't kee me.
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by steefi07: 3:03pm On Nov 21, 2018
What else.

I think zenith bank has some criminals handling your ATM transaction I was debited but not paid and your bank is saying I was paid I will not take that the criminal at saka tinubu branch must be fished out
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by bitcoin215: 3:03pm On Nov 21, 2018
Generations to come they will always sing about sex,money and drugs

ship your goods from China to nigeria @ $3.5/kg.Check my siggy
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by kingcalipha(m): 3:05pm On Nov 21, 2018
Very good but we have musicians that sing about the happenings in the society too.
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by blackmantis: 3:06pm On Nov 21, 2018
Some songs of

Tekno

Falz

Tuface

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by Monaco2(m): 3:07pm On Nov 21, 2018
It's a worldwide thing. 90 percent of songs from around the world are about sex money n love... It's no a Nigerian thing but worldwide

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by flex04(m): 3:07pm On Nov 21, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
Till Nigerians stop eating their "stew".

But seriously, most Nigerian songs are full of garbage lyrics and killer beats.

i have being waiting for peter and paul(p2) dizz track since

one things is that our artists dont sit down to think befr....
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 21, 2018
Burnaboy is the only artiste from nigeria on my playlist
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by Kaycee7(m): 3:10pm On Nov 21, 2018
You're the one listening to them. If you want to listen to different themes, change the artists you listen to. Wizkid, Davido, Olamide, etc are inspired by sex and money, so most of their songs revolve around these themes.
Have you bothered to listen to MI, Falz, Adekunle Gold, Burna Boy, Brymo, Asa, Timi Dakolo and other singers with a different message? An artist can only tell the story he/she wants to tell. It's up to you to decide what/who you want to listen to.

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 21, 2018
highqueen:
Lmao oga lefu won't kee me.
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by safarigirl(f): 3:11pm On Nov 21, 2018
YRNs:
First of all, there something called "Music Genre". There's hip-hop, jazz, Christian and the rest of them...

Now, hip-hop is mostly about those 3 things you mentioned plus more..

You don't expect a Christian song to be all about sex, money & girls...

Secondly, most artiste sing about what people want to hear.. they sing songs that are club/event worthy... do you think that a DJ will play your song in a club, wedding, birthday, etc. if it's about the current crisis happening in the country?

Most American hip-hop songs today are about money, sex, girls, drugs, weed, gangs, etc.

This is a global thing.. it's not only in Africa... i don't listen to Asian songs but I can bet that they still sing about those 3 things...
my dear, I don't even understand the OP's grouse

The biggest K-Pop band on the world right now, BTS, sing about women and love. All the way from Korea, they have traversed music charts in the Americas and Europe.

I am tired of Nigerians thinking Nigerian music should branch out when these same people will not buy those tracks. Tekno did Rara and as socially conscious as it is, it is not as popular as his other songs like Pana and such, which all talk about women and sex and money

What about Patoranking that did Heal the World? Hoe many views does that song have? How much airplay did it get? Can you compare it to another song, Available that received massive airplay and has millions of views?

We no know wetin dey worry us for this country

Music: Zlatan – Unripe Pawpaw (mp3) / D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money / The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince