Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? (17790 Views)

Top 10 Best Nigerian Songs Released In March 2024 (afrobeats/amapiano) / Wizkid - Money & Love (Official Music Video) / Top 10 Hottest Nigerian Songs Released In July 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by ayorinde217(m): 4:23pm On Nov 21, 2018
Nice piece, it's very appalling. i'd rather listen to old school music than listening to trash they sings this days. You can imagine "o fe doko niyen o" sorry for them

2 Likes

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by luckyogor(m): 4:29pm On Nov 21, 2018
Abeg leave them o,na wetin dey pay them be dat o.
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by Fadedvoiced: 4:30pm On Nov 21, 2018
safarigirl:
my dear, I don't even understand the OP's grouse

The biggest K-Pop band on the world right now, BTS, sing about women and love. All the way from Korea, they have traversed music charts in the Americas and Europe.

I am tired of Nigerians thinking Nigerian music should branch out when these same people will not buy those tracks. Tekno did Rara and as socially conscious as it is, it is not as popular as his other songs like Pana and such, which all talk about women and sex and money

What about Patoranking that did Heal the World? Hoe many views does that song have? How much airplay did it get? Can you compare it to another song, Available that received massive airplay and has millions of views?

We no know wetin dey worry us for this country

People like you are the reason Nigeria isn't moving forward
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 21, 2018
Fadedvoiced:

But American and Asian singers don't focus mostly on those things ?

Or life revolves around them only in Africa ?

I don’t know about Asia, but America also single about woman sex and money. It’s everwhere

1 Like

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by safarigirl(f): 4:33pm On Nov 21, 2018
Fadedvoiced:

People like you are the reason Nigeria isn't moving forward
Nigeria isn't moving forward because of people like you.

The only thing you know how to do is complain and point out faults without offering solutions.

I am talking about the reality and you are here propagating idealism. Have you listened to Patoranking's Heal the World? How many times have you watched it on Youtube? Or called in to request for it on the radio?

But you want to come on NL and form 'woke' undecided

3 Likes

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by ogakizito(m): 4:39pm On Nov 21, 2018
Fadedvoiced:
When will Nigerian Songs Stop being Just about Money and Sex?

This is a question I've been asking Nigerians .
When Kiss Daniel released "One Ticket" featuring Davido ,even without listening to it I knew that it'll be just about love,sex and money - truly my thoughts were right and confirmed after I listened to the song yesterday.

Is it that songs that don't promote sex,gold digging ,drugs and love don't/can't sell or make waves in Nigeria ? Because this is getting beyond control.
When the current government riggged the OSUN gubernatorial election which Davido's uncle was a participant I thought henceforth he'll be dishing out only motivational,sensible and soul melting songs . Songs that can criticize bad governance and abuse of power but no - It must be love,sex and money.

In America , any little issue is taken to heart by their singers and celebrities but in Africa , Nigeria precisely how many celebrities even condemned police/SARS brutality in their songs? None.

Most major Nigerian hits of the year ranging from Assurance ,Soco,Fake Love,Nwababy,Aza,Fever,Unleash and One Ticket are focus on three things - Love,Money and sex ,as usual

Baby baby baby ,my body - is this all Nigerian artists know how to offer ?

Burna Boy's Ye is what I can classify as a mature and sensible vibe . Before you come for my head, I'm a huge fan of Wizkid right from 2012.

Nigerian artists are hoping to win Grammys and Emmys , the thing is who's going to give them Grammys with these wack songs ?

From a concerned Nigerian.
I sincerely hope they see this.

Change the genre of music you listen to
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by Xzydar(m): 4:53pm On Nov 21, 2018
When Nigerians stop loving it

1 Like

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by KrocAce(m): 5:06pm On Nov 21, 2018
Anywhere in the world music is mostly about those things you mention
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by fredylee: 5:06pm On Nov 21, 2018
YRNs:
First of all, there something called "Music Genre". There's hip-hop, jazz, Christian and the rest of them...

Now, hip-hop is mostly about those 3 things you mentioned plus more..

You don't expect a Christian song to be all about sex, money & girls...

Secondly, most artiste sing about what people want to hear.. they sing songs that are club/event worthy... do you think that a DJ will play your song in a club, wedding, birthday, etc. if it's about the current crisis happening in the country?

Most American hip-hop songs today are about money, sex, girls, drugs, weed, gangs, etc.

This is a global thing.. it's not only in Africa... i don't listen to Asian songs but I can bet that they still sing about those 3 things...

The problem is even how these songs are rendered. No depth, just gbam gbam! The singers seem to lack originality, and this is widespread. They can't tell a story. Unfortunately, 'we' just buy, and waka dey go.

1 Like

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 5:11pm On Nov 21, 2018
CArt:
It is impossible becos life revolves around those things you mentioned.
ur signature and profile says it all Signature: Women are the salt of the world but harmful when taken excessively. grin Sections Most Active In: Romance, Celebrities
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by Adek15(m): 5:17pm On Nov 21, 2018
Youngbbt:
because them have nothing else to say
burna boy is trying
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 5:20pm On Nov 21, 2018
tstx:
Nigerians are the most pretentious people on earth.. We complain that our artistes only sing about sex, women and booze and yet the few ones that sing meaningful songs we don't patronize them.. The career of Asa, Dakolo, Jeremiah Gyan and the likes of them are dead because of this.

That's how since we have bin shouting NOT TOO YOUNG TO RULE... But now wey election don start proper everybody is shouting Artikulate.. Forgetting that there are candidates who are way younger than him..

There's something seriously wrong with Nigerians... I swear.. The pretense don too much..
the fake life is top much ... The jumping on bandwagon too don too much.

Meanwhile yall need to read this.. Especially if you are an African
4 Unethical Medical Experiments That Used Africans As Guinea Pigs
negative peer pressure...
There's something seriously wrong with Nigerians... I swear.. The pretense don too much..
the fake life is top much ... The jumping on bandwagon too don too much. YOU SEE THE BOLDED...Hennn...The matter out of this world...95% of our youths that are struggling have this mindset that the only way to make big is via internet scam..yahoo yahoo.. the remaining 5% are still not sure whether they made the right decision to stay legit and not go yahoo.. SEE I DONT FEAR ANYTHING IN THIS COUNTRY MORE THAN OUR numerous CORRUPT and SELFISH mindset...so painful.. cry

2 Likes

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by sprints2: 5:32pm On Nov 21, 2018
dude was actually making sense until I got to the line he mentioned Burma boy ye..so g wagon and Bentley no be money... op don't be sentimental....
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by bibiking7(m): 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2018

This is really funny. I was just watching Afro music channel and thinking the same thing. All the songs being played sounded like the same ol crap portraying greed for money, sex and desperation.

1 Like

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by Zeegold12(f): 5:44pm On Nov 21, 2018
Nigerian artist cannot even win the Grammy or Emmy award at all
Wizkid was just opportuned for the last one sef
: undecided[color=#990000][/color]
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by donb06: 5:51pm On Nov 21, 2018
There is no sight of that soon....

Meanwhile you can get some EXQUISITE studio gears to upgrade your STUDIO or if you want to open a HOME STUDIO at the BEST prices in Nigeria

From STUDIO MONITORS[b]([/b] ROKIT(4,5,6,8,10), M-AUDIO(BX5, BX8,etc), YAMAHA(HS5, HS6, HS7, HS8) )
TO

SOUNDCARDS(FOCUSRITE, M-AUDIO, BEHRINGER, STUDIO 2, )

TO POWERFUL HEADPHONE (WIRELESS AND WIRED)

or

GREAT MIXERS (ANALOG and DIGITAL)

just do so in one click https://www.gopandy.com/product-category/studio-gear/?ref=4 or CALL 08177066007

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by omooba969(m): 5:57pm On Nov 21, 2018
Laurene:
i swear I love her like...

Who?
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by Nature8(m): 5:59pm On Nov 21, 2018
Fadedvoiced:
When will Nigerian Songs Stop being Just about Money and Sex?

This is a question I've been asking Nigerians .
When Kiss Daniel released "One Ticket" featuring Davido ,even without listening to it I knew that it'll be just about love,sex and money - truly my thoughts were right and confirmed after I listened to the song yesterday.

Is it that songs that don't promote sex,gold digging ,drugs and love don't/can't sell or make waves in Nigeria ? Because this is getting beyond control.
When the current government riggged the OSUN gubernatorial election which Davido's uncle was a participant I thought henceforth he'll be dishing out only motivational,sensible and soul melting songs . Songs that can criticize bad governance and abuse of power but no - It must be love,sex and money.

In America , any little issue is taken to heart by their singers and celebrities but in Africa , Nigeria precisely how many celebrities even condemned police/SARS brutality in their songs? None.

Most major Nigerian hits of the year ranging from Assurance ,Soco,Fake Love,Nwababy,Aza,Fever,Unleash and One Ticket are focus on three things - Love,Money and sex ,as usual

Baby baby baby ,my body - is this all Nigerian artists know how to offer ?

Burna Boy's Ye is what I can classify as a mature and sensible vibe . Before you come for my head, I'm a huge fan of Wizkid right from 2012.

Nigerian artists are hoping to win Grammys and Emmys , the thing is who's going to give them Grammys with these wack songs ?

From a concerned Nigerian.
I sincerely hope they see this.

You're very right bro...

Have you listened to Patoranking's "Heal the world"? The music make sense no be small
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by Youngbbt: 6:03pm On Nov 21, 2018
Adek15:
burna boy is trying
mostly behind barz....he finish that song ...
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by babawizy: 6:30pm On Nov 21, 2018
burna boy ye? you neva hear 2 Baba unconditional love abi.....one of ma favourite naija tune since last year sef
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by Moshlaw(m): 6:38pm On Nov 21, 2018
CArt:
It is impossible becos life revolves around those things you mentioned.

I couldn't agree more cos that simply the truth

1 Like

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by Maga44567(m): 6:43pm On Nov 21, 2018
Illuminati only encouragesd those and more. Is just a pity that our celebs are being involved.
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by selfmadeOLX(m): 6:55pm On Nov 21, 2018
Youngbbt:
because them have nothing else to say

but respect to burna boy.........

There's Oil on your head grin you're blessed

1 Like

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by uwelaa(m): 6:57pm On Nov 21, 2018
Hello! my little sis is saying hello....
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by tayozkc(m): 6:59pm On Nov 21, 2018
Nigeria mentality!
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by Icon2007: 7:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
Honestly I don't listen to them because there is nothing sensible in their songs. The summary is what you have said love sex and money. I only listen to the likes of ASA, Cobham , beautiful Nubia, Bob Marley, lucky dube and some others sensible artist. I part they change before it is too late.
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by marvinsync(m): 7:29pm On Nov 21, 2018
YRNs:
First of all, there something called "Music Genre". There's hip-hop, jazz, Christian and the rest of them...

Now, hip-hop is mostly about those 3 things you mentioned plus more..

You don't expect a Christian song to be all about sex, money & girls...

Secondly, most artiste sing about what people want to hear.. they sing songs that are club/event worthy... do you think that a DJ will play your song in a club, wedding, birthday, etc. if it's about the current crisis happening in the country?

Most American hip-hop songs today are about money, sex, girls, drugs, weed, gangs, etc.

This is a global thing.. it's not only in Africa... i don't listen to Asian songs but I can bet that they still sing about those 3 things...

guy u made so much sense

I don't know why there is so much self hating ,
everytime people are making stupid comparisons and degrading Nigeria and Africa for no reason at all!

1 Like

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by encryptjay(m): 7:34pm On Nov 21, 2018
deebrain:
People prefer the craze and the dance rather than really good music.

We have many songs that make sense -- Check out Cohbams "one hit", John Ogar's " Uncle Suru", most of Dare's, Modenine, and many conscious music artists songs.... The average youth is not interested in these so these brilliant artists don't get the boom expected.

Even from little kids... They will try to memorize word for word, Olamide's "WO" than even a "Pray for me" by Art Alade. It's a pity.

Till we rediscover our values, Op, this trend will continue.
Uncle Suru is a cool song.
To the topic, what ever they're dishing out, we contributed to it.
I listened to Burna Boy's outside album and I was just shaking my head for Wizzy and OBO songs I've listened to this year cos they were no where close to Burna especially WizKid. His Ojuelegba song still thumps his latest songs.

2 Likes

Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by Toluhwanie(m): 8:01pm On Nov 21, 2018
Till when they see the degree of hotness of hell
Re: When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? by thanknairaland1: 8:27pm On Nov 21, 2018
it s only Idris. only sensible and satirical musician in Nigeria. Davis&wiz are women rapper.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Music: Zlatan – Unripe Pawpaw (mp3) / D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money / The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.