Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] (11028 Views)

Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G / LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! / Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by Ssthorm(f): 5:34pm On Dec 01, 2018
hlo evry1. i use a samsung galaxyj7. d screen light keeps flickering on low brightness, pls does any1 know why ds happens? and how to fx it? do i hv to buy a new screen again?? ds is d 3rd time i m hvn ds issue
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by yeman1(m): 7:25pm On Dec 01, 2018
justine94:
yiu can search note 4 roms on xda
Alright , thanks
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by justine94(m): 9:41pm On Dec 01, 2018
Ssthorm:
hlo evry1. i use a samsung galaxyj7. d screen light keeps flickering on low brightness, pls does any1 know why ds happens? and how to fx it? do i hv to buy a new screen again?? ds is d 3rd time i m hvn ds issue
flickering how. Does it not respond well
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 01, 2018
Ssthorm:
you don't need to change ur screen. Just remove d automatic screen light. Set it to any level okay for u. It's a default problem on some Samsung devices.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by Iscoalarcon: 9:50pm On Dec 01, 2018
off topic please oga justine how can i restore my whatsapp groups after changing phone[ note that i didnt backup with my google drive]
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by Ssthorm(f): 11:24pm On Dec 01, 2018
franciskaine:
you don't need to change ur screen. Just remove d automatic screen light. Set it to any level okay for u. It's a default problem on some Samsung devices.

how do you mean remove automatic screen light? pls hw do i go about it. i dnt use automatic brightness control.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by Ssthorm(f): 11:27pm On Dec 01, 2018
justine94:
flickering how. Does it not respond well

every other function is fine. bt if its on low brightness,d screen light begins to flicker. d light is shaking
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 01, 2018
Ssthorm:

how do you mean remove automatic screen light? pls hw do i go about it. i dnt use automatic brightness control.
if ur phone display brightness is not on automatic, den I can't tell again. Such problem with flickering arises with automatic brightness display.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by Ssthorm(f): 11:53pm On Dec 01, 2018
franciskaine:
if ur phone display brightness is not on automatic, den I can't tell again. Such problem with flickering arises with automatic brightness display.

hmm.. ok thnkx
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by Nastydroid(m): 1:15am On Dec 02, 2018
Ssthorm:
I do experience it on my old j7 too, I think it's a factory fault there's nothing to be scared of
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by justine94(m): 6:52am On Dec 02, 2018
Iscoalarcon:
off topic please oga justine how can i restore my whatsapp groups after changing phone[ note that i didnt backup with my google drive]
is the changed phone still with you.. If yes extract the WhatsApp folder in file manger and send it to the new phone.. WhatsApp automatically back up WhatsApp chat history every 2am of the Day. So just copy and paste it in the new phone.. Install the new WhatsApp on the new phone.. If you haven't copied the file from the previous phone don't install the New WhatsApp on the New phone yet.. It's only after the file has been moved to the new phone.. Then you can install the new WhatsApp.. During the new WhatsApp registration you would see history backups found. Skip or restore.. Click restore.. Then you should have all your chat history restored
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by justine94(m): 6:54am On Dec 02, 2018
Ssthorm:

every other function is fine. bt if its on low brightness,d screen light begins to flicker. d light is shaking
i believe it's a sensor based issue.. It seems the light sensor on the top of the phone that detects dark and bright environment.. Is not functioning well.. That's why it's not picking up light rays correctly
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by justine94(m): 7:04am On Dec 02, 2018
Ssthorm:
oh you have already changed the screen before..thats the problem.. One thing I get scared about on Samsung phones is the screen.. We all know Samsung screen price is enough to get you another good non Samsung smartphone.. Samsung invest slot on their screens to an extent that a Samsung screen is way more costlier than the phone panel itself.. Now one thing we should be careful of or know is that Samsung screens are very delicate.. Because they have sensors around them.. That's why when changing screens on your Samsung phone the phone technician should be an expert because any careless error.. Some sensors might get damaged in the process of changing and removing screens.. Sensors like light sensors proximity sensors etc are all placed around the top edges of Samsung phones.. So it is very difficult to open or changed a Samsung screen without at least tampering with any if this sensors.. So I believe that's why you have such issues. ..it's not about the screen but the sensors around the screen.. Sensors you can't just buy outside and fix back on the phone..
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by Ssthorm(f): 10:17am On Dec 02, 2018
justine94:
oh you have already changed the screen before..thats the problem.. One thing I get scared about on Samsung phones is the screen.. We all know Samsung screen price is enough to get you another good non Samsung smartphone.. Samsung invest slot on their screens to an extent that a Samsung screen is way more costlier than the phone panel itself.. Now one thing we should be careful of or know is that Samsung screens are very delicate.. Because they have sensors around them.. That's why when changing screens on your Samsung phone the phone technician should be an expert because any careless error.. Some sensors might get damaged in the process of changing and removing screens.. Sensors like light sensors proximity sensors etc are all placed around the top edges of Samsung phones.. So it is very difficult to open or changed a Samsung screen without at least tampering with any if this sensors.. So I believe that's why you have such issues. ..it's not about the screen but the sensors around the screen.. Sensors you can't just buy outside and fix back on the phone..

hmm.. its not like i gave a roadside technician to fix d problem. frst,i was given a new phone when d initial phone i bought had d problem, tnkx to d 2yr-warranty dt came wt d phone,samsung replaced it wt a new device. d new device itself den became faulty as well and under warranty,i returned it,n d screen was changed ds time by samsung tech-guys. now! d screen dt was changed is stil giving d same problem. d matter just tire me wallahy...
m thinkn of getting an s8 now, n i see users complain about screen burn or somtn of sort..... m jst not sure if i should go for a samsung again. cry
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by Ssthorm(f): 10:23am On Dec 02, 2018
Nastydroid:
I do experience it on my old j7 too, I think it's a factory fault there's nothing to be scared of

so u r jst using the phone like that?
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by Iscoalarcon: 10:55am On Dec 02, 2018
justine94:
is the changed phone still with you.. If yes extract the WhatsApp folder in file manger and send it to the new phone.. WhatsApp automatically back up WhatsApp chat history every 2am of the Day. So just copy and paste it in the new phone.. Install the new WhatsApp on the new phone.. If you haven't copied the file from the previous phone don't install the New WhatsApp on the New phone yet.. It's only after the file has been moved to the new phone.. Then you can install the new WhatsApp.. During the new WhatsApp registration you would see history backups found. Skip or restore.. Click restore.. Then you should have all your chat history restored
unfortunately, the old phone was stolen embarassed
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by Iscoalarcon: 11:01am On Dec 02, 2018
justine94:
the solution is flashing a new compatible stock rom via odin PC.. But if your phone has custom recovery you can bypass and fix the error from there I can't put you through.. But if it doesn't.. You have to download and install a fresh new firmware via Odin on your PC
give me the link where i can download the odin app
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by justine94(m): 12:18pm On Dec 02, 2018
Iscoalarcon:
unfortunately, the old phone was stolen embarassed
its rather unfortunate.. Nothing can be done about it
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by justine94(m): 12:18pm On Dec 02, 2018
Iscoalarcon:
give me the link where i can download the odin app
go through the thread page 2 to 3 you would see it there
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by justine94(m): 12:21pm On Dec 02, 2018
Ssthorm:

hmm.. its not like i gave a roadside technician to fix d problem. frst,i was given a new phone when d initial phone i bought had d problem, tnkx to d 2yr-warranty dt came wt d phone,samsung replaced it wt a new device. d new device itself den became faulty as well and under warranty,i returned it,n d screen was changed ds time by samsung tech-guys. now! d screen dt was changed is stil giving d same problem. d matter just tire me wallahy...
m thinkn of getting an s8 now, n i see users complain about screen burn or somtn of sort..... m jst not sure if i should go for a samsung again. cry
brother always go for Samsung..still always the best anytime anyway.. Also have good second hand value.. With other benefits
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by Iscoalarcon: 12:27pm On Dec 02, 2018
justine94:
go through the thread page 2 to 3 you would see it there
thanks i have downloaded like three versions but which one can i use for samsung tabs plus what is that samsung drivers about

thanks cool
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by Nastydroid(m): 1:02pm On Dec 02, 2018
Ssthorm:

so u r jst using the phone like that?
yes
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by gracefoundmme(m): 9:51pm On Dec 02, 2018
I have gakaxy j6plus for sale
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by yeman1(m): 4:18pm On Dec 04, 2018
Hello ? Pls it advisable to root my galaxy note 4 ,, but I think is refurbished phone.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by justine94(m): 4:51pm On Dec 04, 2018
yeman1:
Hello ? Pls it advisable to root my galaxy note 4 ,, but I think is refurbished phone.
how do you know it is refurbished
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 04, 2018
Ssthorm:

u are just worrying urself over something that is a general problem. Some Samsung fones of 2016 and below suffer dis screen flickering stuff. Changing screen a thousand times won't solve dis problem permanently, ur best bet is to put off the automatic light, and raise d screen light a bit in dark places. Just off the automatic light completely.

If u are leaving the all too gud samsung brand cos of this, den be ready to lament óò. Other brands have Dia hidden issues too. Stay put to ur samsung or get a latest Samsung of 2017 till date. I once faced d flickering ish, until I applied same method I told u. Good luck!
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 04, 2018
yeman1:
refurbished fone is also an original fone. Root if u can.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by yeman1(m): 5:25pm On Dec 04, 2018
justine94:
how do you know it is refurbished
because I read it online, ..it was a case like mine where about phone model is different from download mode .
So they said it's refurbished
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by yeman1(m): 5:34pm On Dec 04, 2018
If I can root it.. pls give me how to?
And how to install correct custom rom on it and d best custom rom. And does android version defines custom rom display because I'm in 5.0 version
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by yeman1(m): 5:37pm On Dec 04, 2018
franciskaine:
refurbished fone is also an original fone. Root if u can.
Is there any adverse effect on rooting phone ?
And what's d best method and how to root it ?
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 04, 2018
yeman1:

Is there any adverse effect on rooting phone ?
And what's d best method and how to root it ?
just Google how to root ur fone, in sure ill see a good method or u search xda developers forum. Rooting benefits outweighs its cons.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] by yeman1(m): 6:28pm On Dec 04, 2018
franciskaine:
just Google how to root ur fone, in sure ill see a good method or u search xda developers forum. Rooting benefits outweighs its cons.
Ok, thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

3g Usb Dongle Booster Tips(free Videos Inside) / How To Root Infinix Hot Note X551 Android 5.1 Lollipop / Zain Blackberry Services

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.