Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,892 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis (31922 Views)

Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis / Hijab Controversy: UI School Board Retains Dress Code / University Of Ibadan International School Hijab Ban An Invitation To Chaos-MURIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by badman007(m): 9:28am On Nov 22, 2018
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think Muslims are been marginalized and their rights are trampled upon in most Southern schools. We Christians should better realize that Nigeria is a secular country dominated by Muslims wether we like it or not. Most schools pray the Christian way without considering the faith of Muslims and yet we Christians still refuse to let Muslims wear an harmless Hijab I hope Muric and other Muslim groups reject this open hypocrisy of we Christians sad

The role of the school is not to teach religion.

There should be a ban on CRK and IRK in our schools as well.

practice your religion in your Mosque or Church.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by themanderon: 9:28am On Nov 22, 2018
The solution to the problem is simple. If I was the principal I will allow the children of Muslims that want to continue with the uniform in but for the children of those potential jihadists I will expel each and everyone of them. For a school that has been in existence for 55yrs and suddenly these jihadists want to destroy it saddens me.
They are here claiming right but go to the north and know how many of their students are allowed to dress in any way other than the Islamic way.
Islam breeds violence. Always ready to destroy while fighting for a god that cannot fight for himself.
There are islamiya schools everywhere take your children there. What's all the fuss about.

2 Likes

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by darqly(m): 9:31am On Nov 22, 2018
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think Muslims are been marginalized and their rights are trampled upon in most Southern schools. We Christians should better realize that Nigeria is a secular country dominated by Muslims wether we like it or not. Most schools pray the Christian way without considering the faith of Muslims and yet we Christians still refuse to let Muslims wear an harmless Hijab I hope Muric and other Muslim groups reject this open hypocrisy of we Christians sad

I don't understand your line of thought. How can a secular country dominated by Muslims have the same Muslims as being marginalized?? This is the blatant fallacy that makes muslims think they can get away with ANYTHING in Nigeria. The north, which is predominantly muslim, has refused a census where religion will be enumerated, why?? That one religion is vocal doesn't mean it is dominant. If anything, muslims are the ones persecuting themselves and EVERY other peace-loving citizens. See shiite vs sunni? Have you seen the level of disdain and hatred sunnis have for the shiites? Makes me wonder what they think about the rest of us that they call Infidels!! A hijab is NOT a religious dress!! It is a CULTURAL dress common in the middle east, and has NOTHING to do with how Islamic you are. Nigerian muslims don't even know the history of the thing they claim is integral to their religion, it's laughable really! Nigerian muslims need to stop majoring in the minor issues; they are protesting the use of hijab, have they ever protested the lack or deterioration of educational facilities and access to education for their faithfuls, especially up north where they are 99% illiterate? What I see is opportunity; if I was muslim, i'd build or support the setting up of purely muslim institutions where we can wear hijab and 3/4 sokoto with freedom, and speak arabic 24/7 and be doing tafsir and we can go out to pray when it's time without asking for any useless permission. This is easier and better than playing the victim card EVERY single damn time!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 22, 2018
ollah2:

Your comment reeks of bigotry, hate and intolerance. You want a public school to an run in your own christian ways.. Yet it's the Muslims that wan yo Islamise Nigeria, you must think they are fools

grin grin grin
You're so ignorant! Christians don't have a mode of dressing except those in the seminary and you won't see an aspiring nun or father in a secular school. Why is it so hard for you people to do the same? You want your children to be an embodiment of the religion unfortunately it's not a Muslim school, the best line of action would be to take them to a Muslim school but no, because you're Muslims we won't hear word again. Be using religion as a podium for hate and bigotry, no wonder y'all are called the religion of 'piss'.

1 Like

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by ollah2: 9:37am On Nov 22, 2018
skarlett:

grin grin grin
You're so ignorant! Christians don't have a mode of dressing except those in the seminary and you won't see an aspiring nun or father in a secular school. Why is it so hard for you people to do the same? You want your children to be an embodiment of the religion unfortunately it's not a Muslim school, the best line of action would be to take them to a Muslim school but no, because you're Muslims we won't hear word again. Be using religion as a podium for hate and bigotry, no wonder y'all are called the religion of 'piss'.

Who is taking about mode of dressing? Are you blind or deaf to the realities in government secondary school where students are mandated to sing Christian songs, pray in christian ways.

No wonder y'all are called religion of intolerance and bigotry
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by efficiencie(m): 9:39am On Nov 22, 2018
Religion has a way of robbing people of common sense and making them outright morons...The word uniform itself means it will be absurd for there to be major differences in the dress code. If the Muslim students must wear the hijab, then the uniform is no longer a uniform and it would be moral to permit the adherents of other religions including satanism, to display their religious diversity in school. The students will become more divided, more conscious of their religious sentiments and more attuned to conflict among the children. How many Muslim parents will be comfortable knowing that a child wearing amulets, beads and cowries is in the same class as theirs? We have not spoken of the several sects in Christianity ohhh. If the OOO guys send their children with their religious garb, CCC guys send their kids to school with their religious garb, Catholic guys do the same...what is the end result? Is it not chaos? When other some other countries are peering into the deep mysteries of science and tech, we are here debating religion...yet many of those debating and protesting have terrible secrets of evil deeds that would make an atheist be happy to remain an atheist! Nonsense!!!

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 22, 2018
ollah2:

Who is taking about mode of dressing? Are you blind or deaf to the realities in government secondary school where students are mandated to sing Christian songs, pray in christian ways.

No wonder y'all are called religion of intolerance and bigotry

The last time I checked, the bone of contention is whether hijab should be allowed in a secular school and my opinion still remains no. For the other topic, argue with your boxers

1 Like

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by uslaad(m): 9:44am On Nov 22, 2018
Johnmattee:
WTF! Is Islam the only religion in Nigeria? So if they are not complete without the hijab, the traditional worshippers too is not complete without wearing beads and amulets. The traditional worshippers are supposed to be the one protesting because they are the most marginalised, but you folks want to islamise everything. what do you expect from a religion that values physical accessories than what they preach.

Nobody is forcing anyone. Traditionalist should wear all their beads, amulets etc. Keep ranting "Islamise everything", take it or leave it the Hijab issue will scale through, we all have human right and Hijab is one of it. Why should it even bother you since no one is saying all students must wear Hijab.

No compulsion in religion. Wear your hair attachments, weavons, short clothing, skimpy dress etc as you may wish, those are the physical accessories if you are not blinded, did your religion permit you to wear such? Take a good look at the image of Mary the mother of Jesus, how is she dressed? Can't you copy her? Who did you copy or learnt your own dress mode from? Which preaching? The decision is yours to make. Think wisely!

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by tallfish145(m): 9:44am On Nov 22, 2018
ugo4u:
Right before our very own eyes gradually but steady we are witnessing the Somalialization of Yoruba land. So much for a region that is known for "Religious Tolerance". If not for hypocrisy I wonder why any religion will insist on altering the dress-code of any institution when they can easily locate a missionary school that suits their lifestyle.
The Muslims are fond of imposing there way of life in any circular setting, if you try to correct or make them see reasons why religious insignia should restricted in a very diverse society they will begin to protest and destroy properties after which their attack dogs (MUMURIC) will swing into action. But in most schools in the north e.g Ramat Poly in Borno(Government owned institution) forces all female students whether Christians, Idol worshipers etc to wear head-scarfs/ jalabiya, and people comply even though it is owned by a state government that have Indigenous Christians yet nobody raises dust, but muslims will be the first to shout when asked to dress uniformly and decently with their fellow compatriots. The irony of everything is that most of this religious chauvinist especially the ones with very thick black spot in the middle of their forehead cannot live in a total sharia complaint country such as Saudi-Arabia, Pakistan,Yemen etc they prefer to live in the Christian West where they begin to clamor for sharia because of the freedom they enjoy in those countries. Can anyone point to any core Islamic country that will allow the practice of any other religion apart from Islam freely? I have nothing against muslims the right thing must be done, just like I always condemn the apparent fraud/commercialization in some Christian denomination so will I condemn the obvious lack of tolerance from some of our Muslim friends.
PS: I have noticed overtime that it is the poor and wretched people that carry this hijab issue on their head like Sachet water hawkers while the elite and educated amongst them live their lives to the fullest.
does putting on hijab affect the students learning environment? Sentiments everywhere
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by efficiencie(m): 9:45am On Nov 22, 2018
darqly:

I don't understand your line of thought. How can a secular country dominated by Muslims have the same Muslims as being marginalized?? This is the blatant fallacy that makes muslims think they can get away with ANYTHING in Nigeria. The north, which is predominantly muslim, has refused a census where religion will be enumerated, why?? That one religion is vocal doesn't mean it is dominant. If anything, muslims are the ones persecuting themselves and EVERY other peace-loving citizens. See shiite vs sunni? Have you seen the level of disdain and hatred sunnis have for the shiites? Makes me wonder what they think about the rest of us that they call Infidels!! A hijab is NOT a religious dress!! It is a CULTURAL dress common in the middle east, and has NOTHING to do with how Islamic you are. Nigerian muslims don't even know the history of the thing they claim is integral to their religion, it's laughable really! Nigerian muslims need to stop majoring in the minor issues; they are protesting the use of hijab, have they ever protested the lack or deterioration of educational facilities and access to education for their faithfuls, especially up north where they are 99% illiterate? What I see is opportunity; if I was muslim, i'd build or support the setting up of purely muslim institutions where we can wear hijab and 3/4 sokoto with freedom, and speak arabic 24/7 and be doing tafsir and we can go out to pray when it's time without asking for any useless permission. This is easier and better than playing the victim card EVERY single damn time!

People who have the capacity to reason the way you reason are quite rare...I wonder why some Nigerians are just so stup.id that they make the definition of stup.idity obsolete. All religion should be expunged from the school, and let uniformity hold in the school in its strictest sense. If you must perform your religious rituals then do that in the comfort of your home or religious centre...public schools are public schools not private schools where the rules apply to a select set of people!

1 Like

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by TVTKOKO(m): 9:45am On Nov 22, 2018
herkeem:
The International School Ibadan (ISI) and the Hijab Ban.

ISI is a secondary school under the control of the management of University of Ibadan. The school has been in the news in the last few days for its refusal to allow willing female Muslim students use Hijab on their uniform. The situation has degenerated to the extent that the Muslim students were shut out of the school among other unwarranted actions of the school as represented by the Principal, one Mrs Phebean Olowe.

I have read and listened to different opinions on the development and I am not sorry for the positions I take on the matter. Before I conclude with my positions however, I have a few questions for the Principal in question as well as anyone with position same as or similar to that of the school management:

1. Does the wearing of Hijab by the willing female Muslim students portend any danger/evil for their colleagues (who don't), the school or anyone for that matter?

2. Is it against the law of the land for the students of such a 'public' school to wear Hijab?

3. Does their observance of that aspect of their constitutional rights rub or deny anyone of his?

If the genuine answers to the above questions are NO, then I am of the opinion that the assertion that the school's reactions are borne out of hatred for Islam and the Muslims must be very true and this has to stop and stop NOW.

And for those who might be asking, does their not wearing Hijab portend any danger? Yes, it does and contrary to the opinions of those that know not, not wearing Hijab makes female muslims less Muslims because it's not a flexible commandment. If your wish is really not to make them non-Muslims, let them use what makes them the Muslims that they are.

I call on all the concerned stakeholders and well meaning people of the society to intervene in good time to allow our female Muslim students join their colleagues without any further victimization, molestation, discrimination or disdainful treatment of any kind.

Leyin aponle, abuku lo Ku o........... Tori a ko le wa sa fun keke lo kolu moto.....

Adesanjo Oyejide.
As a Yoruba guy like you are, i am quite disappointed that persons like you have allowed religion to becloud your sense of reasoning. What happened to the religion tolerance we've enjoyed for a very long time?
In the passage, not only Christians parents but traditional and Muslim parents as well we're against the protest by some certain Muslims to segregate pupils along religious lines.
Yes there is freedom of religion, but what if the traditionalists also begin to wear traditional regalia to schools?
If the muslim parents wants their wards to wear hijabs, then they should be taken to Islamic Schools. Simple as that. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Olaa: 9:46am On Nov 22, 2018
Alagba.... Get informed first on an issue before you comment.....

The International School Ibadan, is not a public school. That is run by a public institution does not make it a public school

1. The Tuition Paid is far beyond what obtains in public secondary schools, that is if they pay tuition at all.

Why didn’t they protest about the tuition if truly it was a public school.

2. Entrance examinations was independently organized by the school unlike the public school that really solely on the general examinations to admit students.

There are so many other factors that makes it very clear to any right thinking person, the fact that the school is a private school.

herkeem:

ISI is a secondary school under the control of the management of University of Ibadan. The school has been in the news in the last few days for its refusal to allow willing female Muslim students use Hijab on their uniform. The situation has degenerated to the extent that the Muslim students were shut out of the school among other unwarranted actions of the school as represented by the Principal, one Mrs Phebean Olowe.

I have read and listened to different opinions on the development and I am not sorry for the positions I take on the matter. Before I conclude with my positions however, I have a few questions for the Principal in question as well as anyone with position same as or similar to that of the school management:

1. Does the wearing of Hijab by the willing female Muslim students portend any danger/evil for their colleagues (who don't), the school or anyone for that matter?

2. Is it against the law of the land for the students of such a 'public' school to wear Hijab?

3. Does their observance of that aspect of their constitutional rights rub or deny anyone of his?

If the genuine answers to the above questions are NO, then I am of the opinion that the assertion that the school's reactions are borne out of hatred for Islam and the Muslims must be very true and this has to stop and stop NOW.

And for those who might be asking, does their not wearing Hijab portend any danger? Yes, it does and contrary to the opinions of those that know not, not wearing Hijab makes female muslims less Muslims because it's not a flexible commandment. If your wish is really not to make them non-Muslims, let them use what makes them the Muslims that they are.

I call on all the concerned stakeholders and well meaning people of the society to intervene in good time to allow our female Muslim students join their colleagues without any further victimization, molestation, discrimination or disdainful treatment of any kind.

Leyin aponle, abuku lo Ku o........... Tori a ko le wa sa fun keke lo kolu moto.....

Adesanjo Oyejide.
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Ayobami7(m): 9:51am On Nov 22, 2018
na wa o
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by adinoyi360: 9:52am On Nov 22, 2018
flyca:

Whaaaaat
Tell me why you should compel a young teenage girl between to wearing an hijab in this tropical region full of heat! Because of your insecurities right?

How can a sane man, look at a kid that age with lust in his eyes? Plus all the attrocities committed by your religious leaders on young ones. Does hijab stop your kinsmen from marrying pre-puberty kids?

Now tell me who is the animal? undecided
use ur head,the parents want their own children to wear hijab...not all the female student,
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by ivanalimi: 9:56am On Nov 22, 2018
AtariAjanaku:

1. Is ISI a christian school or a public school or at least a school owned by a public institution?
Only brazen shameless liars would say ISI is a christian school.
So if we are agreed that ISI is a public school or at least owned by a public institution, then why would you deny other tax payers from sending their wards to the school?
2.Then some of them say, it is a privately owned school? And these people will call themselves 'christians' and lying shamelessly. if it is a private school, make public the private owners.
3. Make public the school dress code so that every one can see where the hijab was prohibited there. Remember the document is in the hands of people already.
4. Some scare mongers are now saying ifa people would dress in ifa robes. Rubbish. Let them do it. Is it what they wear on a daily basis? Let them nobody will tell them to put it off after a week. Isnt it funny how christianity (or at least some christians found themselves on the same side with ifa priests against Muslims). Interesting. Nice grouping indeed.

Mind you I have a brother who went to that school. So let people speak from the position of knowledge not hearsay or ignorance
soon the Muslims undergraduates in covenant university will come out to protest about their right to wear hijab too.
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by adinoyi360: 9:56am On Nov 22, 2018
How will the Muslim students wearing hijab affect the Christian students? In the end the girls will be allowed to wear it.
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by themanderon: 9:56am On Nov 22, 2018
Soon and I mean very soon they will insist on wearing hijab in the military and that will completely diminish the concept of a one united armed forces.
Until we learn to separate religion from national life we will always remain in the woods.
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by flyca: 10:03am On Nov 22, 2018
adinoyi360:
use ur head,the parents want their own children to wear hijab...not all the female student,
Enroll them in Islamic schools kwanu. Izzza simple sturves. undecided

The hypocrital aspect of this drama is that deep down, these islamic parents do not want the fully islamic impacts on their kids knowing the harms in doing so. So they want a touch of this and that - moderation. But no letting go of the innate troublesome nature of the religion. Lol
Who is deceiving who? undecided

1 Like

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by ollah2: 10:07am On Nov 22, 2018
skarlett:

The last time I checked, the bone of contention is whether hijab should be allowed in a secular school and my opinion still remains no. For the other topic, argue with your boxers

If hijab shouldnt be accepted in a secular then then all things Christian should be abolished too
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 22, 2018
ugo4u:

The protesters

Ademola Babalola, Ibadan

The hijab crisis at the University of Ibadan International School took a new twist on Wednesday as Christian, traditional religion and some Muslim pupils’ parents stormed the office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academics) of the institution, Prof. Adeyinka Aderinto, to register their displeasure against the Muslim Parents Forum.

The forum had been championing the wearing of hijab by female Muslim pupils.

Members of the Muslim Parents Forum had twice in the last 10 days distributed hijab to their female pupils against the school’s prescribed dress code.

The Muslim parents had written a letter to the school management and governing board, stating that their female pupils must be allowed to wear hijab on their school uniforms. The letter was entitled: ‘Notification of Muslim Parents’ Resolution on Hijab for our Muslim Girls in ISI’.

Their agitation and the attendant threat to peace led to the indefinite shutdown of the school on Monday. Series of meetings, including that of the Parent-Teacher Association, which the Muslim parents attended but left midway following irreconcilable differences with the school management and other stakeholders, could not douse the tension in the ISI.

On Wednesday, many placard-carrying parents, including an Ifa priest and researcher, who is also the father of two pupils in the school, Awosanmi Abe, condemned the approach of the Muslim parents to the issue of hijab.

The protesting parents said wearing of hijab in the 55-year-old school was capable of dividing the students along religious lines.

Aside Abe, other leaders of the protesters were Olalekan Thani, a lawyer, and Olusola Aleshin.

They argued that the school was an indivisible entity, which no one or group should be allowed to divide for any reason.

The protesters described as dangerous a situation where little children were being made to discriminate against each other along religious, ethnic and other sentiments instead of emerging as global citizens.

In their letter entitled, ‘Clamour for the introduction of religious emblem for our children in the International School, University of Ibadan’, the parents urged the school’s board, which is headed by the DVC, to ensure that the rules and regulations guiding the institution, and to which all parents signed to uphold, reigned supreme.

They insisted that the pupils were friends and colleagues as well as their parents, stressing that any attempt by some Muslim parents to divide them should not be allowed to succeed.

Some of the inscriptions on the placards read: ‘No to religious discrimination in ISI’, ‘Say yes to peaceful co-existence in ISI’, ‘Stop!! Don’t divide our children’, ‘No to religious crisis’, and ‘Let our uniform be uniform’.

In a letter signed by the trio of Thanni, Abe and Aleshinloye, and addressed to the Vice-Chancellor, UI; the principal and the PTA Chairman, ISI, the parents said they received the news of the second closure of the school in the space of two weeks with serious pain and trauma.

The parents said, “We want to use this medium to inform the management that the school is not only populated by the two dominant religions, but also has traditional believers. These groups have vowed to enforce their rights in line with their Muslim counterparts’ claim to the right to use of their religious emblem in hijab wearing.

“A scenario in which armlets and Ifa traditional beads are freely used as religious symbols in the school will not be funny. What will then become of the uniformity concept of the uniform when the school environment can be taken as a market place of sorts, where a rainbow of apparels is the order of the day? May the day never come when the ISI becomes the example of what a school environment should not be.”

They noted that the ISI Muslim Parents Forum’s position was an attempt to disrupt the academic milieu as well as the atmosphere of love and unity already entrenched among the pupils.

They insisted that the rules and regulations of the school must be binding on all consenting parents and their wards, and that the choice of language and procedure adopted by the Muslim parents in their letter dated November 9, 2018 to the school principal and copied to the Chairman of the Board of Governors was both derogatory and an usurpation of the powers of the board.

They accused the Muslim parents of attempting to disrupt the school’s academic activities as well as the love and unity already existing among the pupils, who do not see religious barriers among themselves.
https://punchng.com/christian-parents-ifa-priest-protest-against-ui-schools-hijab-crisis/

Why are Muslims in authority trying to destroy this country?

1 Like

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Amumaigwe: 10:13am On Nov 22, 2018
Ibrahimmrfish:

Kazakhstan,Malasia,turkey,Azabaja,kossova,Bonia etcAll those countries are considered to be secular and last time i checked they are all Muslim countries,I don't see people like you talking about those countries.

Still dominant Islamic country with their characteristic constraints imposed on other faiths. Tell me which of these your 'secular' muslim dominated countries affords same level of freedom for all as the countries in Europe and America with dominant Christian population.
Some of you Muslims that chooce radical Islam still seek immigration into the free Western countries and not your darling puritanical Islamic countries. . Is that not gross hypocrisy ?

2 Likes

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by lexy2014: 10:14am On Nov 22, 2018
Sikay19:

I don't know your age or your status but your opinion is very crass... Comparing Nigeria which is a secular state to core Islamic countries is unreasonable... this is Nigeria where you are allowed to practice religion of your choice. As muslims we have no problem with any forms of dressing every others wears. but Hijab is our identity and we shall not compromise on this... what I don't understand is why are you feeling insecure about this.. inferiority complex is the order of the day.
Same way it is d identity of people from cele&aladura 2 go around without shoes&white garment & white hair covering. Its d same way its d identity of adherents of traditional religion were ampulets, beads & cowries. Am sure all these will make a good addition to any school uniform

1 Like

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by lexy2014: 10:17am On Nov 22, 2018
adinoyi360:
How will the Muslim students wearing hijab affect the Christian students? In the end the girls will be allowed to wear it.
How will wearing shoes inside d mosque affect prayers?
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Olujoe1(m): 10:19am On Nov 22, 2018
Vicolan:
Why are we always having issues on Religion in Nigeria? This suck.. And we ain't that righteous thou....
or while Islam has chosen to cause upheaval in this country
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Nicolikedat: 10:20am On Nov 22, 2018
Even though i don't know ur religious affiliation and ur age range, ur way of reasoning is questionable. U send ur child to a catholic school knowing fully well its a missionary school and u as a Muslim sent ur ward to the school and in future u now want to change the way of the school because of ur child. If he is not comfortable then their are schools who would accommodate their ward. Its that simple
GoTV:

1 Like

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by strungcity: 10:23am On Nov 22, 2018
GoTV:

You are definitely not a Christian. You are an impostor Just like your brother in the ...................

1 Like

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Boboye4slim(m): 10:25am On Nov 22, 2018
Ibrahimmrfish:
So what you are saying is if i am a principal in a public school and i decided to make hijab a most to wear in school,the Christian parents should keep quiet or send their children to another school.Can you hear yourself speaking? Do you know how stupid you sound?

who is this mumu like this.....if the principal decide to enforce the school standard by making hijab a must wear, the christian will either go will the flow or get their ward to another school. and besides, this school in question is a private school. take your trash elsewhere you religion intolerance bigot. Islam claim they r the religion of peace. with what we have seen and still seeing around us, the opposite is the case. they have problem with respecting standards when it's not in their favour.
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Kusetic(m): 10:26am On Nov 22, 2018
waali:
So to avoid dividing the children, the Muslim students should now dress in a way that's acceptable in the Christian faith and abandon their own right? Nobody is forcing anyone to wear Hijab but for those that want, it's their right (since they have the right to choose the faith to follow).

You can't come and tell me not to dress in an Islamic way and I agree then end up dressing like a Christian.

Just so you know, Christianity is inclined towards ladies covering their hair, so this is a secular matter which the school being a private institution and an entity unto itself has included in their rules and regulations. Therefore if a parent or student isn't comfortable with these rules, they can always change to a school that meets their needs

1 Like

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Olujoe1(m): 10:28am On Nov 22, 2018
Sikay19:

I don't know your age or your status but your opinion is very crass... Comparing Nigeria which is a secular state to core Islamic countries is unreasonable... this is Nigeria where you are allowed to practice religion of your choice. As muslims we have no problem with any forms of dressing every others wears. but Hijab is our identity and we shall not compromise on this... what I don't understand is why are you feeling insecure about this.. inferiority complex is the order of the day.
you reacted as if u are smart and wise but I realised no man would seriously commits himself to what you are glorifying and his life would remain the same. You talk about secular as if you know what it implies in your constitution, you talk about feeling insecure as if what you claim to stand for tantamount to peace. The school has said it, doing it has become an offence, if you don't want it leave the school.
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by lexy2014: 10:33am On Nov 22, 2018
herkeem:

Adesanjo Oyejide.
Even if d school is a public school, does d school not have rules&norms? Are rules&norms meant 4a section of d population or its meant 2 ensure uniformity in conduct 4 everyone?
U call wearing hijab in schools a constitutional right. That by implication means that wearing shoes is a constitutional right. Are people allowed to observe that right in mosques?
Again, freedom of association is a fundamental human right as enshrined in d Nigerian constitutiona. Let me ask u. Does Islam guarantee this right? If u say yes, y can men&women not interact inside a mosque?
In Islam, does a woman who is mensurating have rights, especially that of freedom of worship, association and movement?
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by ofwest47(m): 10:39am On Nov 22, 2018
What is wrong in young female students wearing small scarfs called hijab and dressing well in their school uniforms without exposing part of their bodies to those culprits who have been forcing them to illegal sex operations. Till today, the catholic nuns still wear their scarfs called tithes any where you find them in the public but today the so called new generation churches care less about female dressing that is why you see female church attendants today go churches in trousers and leaving their heads open weaved with Brazilian goats skin and after their church services are kidnapped and forced for sex relation.
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by bid4rich(m): 10:40am On Nov 22, 2018
GoTV:

By their fruits we shall know them.......you are a born again muslim.

So a sect should just come all of a sudden to disrupt the existing rules and regulations set over 50 decades ago? You should think well!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What A Phd Is And What It Is Not / Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada / How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.