Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis (31926 Views)

Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis / Hijab Controversy: UI School Board Retains Dress Code / University Of Ibadan International School Hijab Ban An Invitation To Chaos-MURIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by lexy2014: 10:46am On Nov 22, 2018
Boboye4slim:

who is this mumu like this.....if the principal decide to enforce the school standard by making hijab a must wear, the christian will either go will the flow or get their ward to another school. and besides, this school in question is a private school. take your trash elsewhere you religion intolerance bigot. Islam claim they r the religion of peace. with what we have seen and still seeing around us, the opposite is the case. they have problem with respecting standards when it's not in their favour.

Being a public school or private school isn't d issue. D issue is that d school has rules which should b applied on all irrespective of religion.

1 Like

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by jrusky(m): 10:53am On Nov 22, 2018
proxillin:
Whats with Hijab and these yeye mumusm? They stole Hijab from Kadijah a roman catholic nun. Now they are disturbing the peace of the world with what they stole from Christians. They always steal from Christians. Parasites

They are like that and they will claimed it belong to them.

I just don't like this people a bit. I prefer to stay comfortably with African traditional worshipers than staying comfortably with these demonic set of people called Muslim filled with hatred towards humanity.

Every trouble in the world today they are the one behind it non of their region is in peace except Saudi the rest are kingdom of hell.

Somalia
Afghanistan
Yemen
Qatar
Iran
Iraq
Pakistan
Sudan
Northern Nigeria
Indonesia
Mali
Burkina Faso
Algeria
Libya etc
These are the axis of evil blood sucking vampire and it all be long to that same religion Islam. Pls cant these people just once in their lives ask themselves a question like*why is it only us always enjoy bloodshed and trouble among every other religion*?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by snowblaq(f): 11:00am On Nov 22, 2018
Sikay19:

I don't know your age or your status but your opinion is very crass... Comparing Nigeria which is a secular state to core Islamic countries is unreasonable... this is Nigeria where you are allowed to practice religion of your choice. As muslims we have no problem with any forms of dressing every others wears. but Hijab is our identity and we shall not compromise on this... what I don't understand is why are you feeling insecure about this.. inferiority complex is the order of the day.

Nobody is dragging your hijab identity with you.. .but please aren't there Muslim schools ...must they attend this very one that has refused them wearing hijab?. ...why must the hijab wearing people force their dressing down the throat of others in a private school? ...pls they can go to their Muslim schools and allow other Nigerians to have peace.

1 Like

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Topestbilly(m): 11:00am On Nov 22, 2018
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think Muslims are been marginalized and their rights are trampled upon in most Southern schools. We Christians should better realize that Nigeria is a secular country dominated by Muslims wether we like it or not. Most schools pray the Christian way without considering the faith of Muslims and yet we Christians still refuse to let Muslims wear an harmless Hijab I hope Muric and other Muslim groups reject this open hypocrisy of we Christians sad

God bless you.
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by iswallker(m): 11:05am On Nov 22, 2018
herkeem:
The International School Ibadan (ISI) and the Hijab Ban.

ISI is a secondary school under the control of the management of University of Ibadan. The school has been in the news in the last few days for its refusal to allow willing female Muslim students use Hijab on their uniform. The situation has degenerated to the extent that the Muslim students were shut out of the school among other unwarranted actions of the school as represented by the Principal, one Mrs Phebean Olowe.

I have read and listened to different opinions on the development and I am not sorry for the positions I take on the matter. Before I conclude with my positions however, I have a few questions for the Principal in question as well as anyone with position same as or similar to that of the school management:

1. Does the wearing of Hijab by the willing female Muslim students portend any danger/evil for their colleagues (who don't), the school or anyone for that matter?

2. Is it against the law of the land for the students of such a 'public' school to wear Hijab?

3. Does their observance of that aspect of their constitutional rights rub or deny anyone of his?

If the genuine answers to the above questions are NO, then I am of the opinion that the assertion that the school's reactions are borne out of hatred for Islam and the Muslims must be very true and this has to stop and stop NOW.

And for those who might be asking, does their not wearing Hijab portend any danger? Yes, it does and contrary to the opinions of those that know not, not wearing Hijab makes female muslims less Muslims because it's not a flexible commandment. If your wish is really not to make them non-Muslims, let them use what makes them the Muslims that they are.

I call on all the concerned stakeholders and well meaning people of the society to intervene in good time to allow our female Muslim students join their colleagues without any further victimization, molestation, discrimination or disdainful treatment of any kind.

Leyin aponle, abuku lo Ku o........... Tori a ko le wa sa fun keke lo kolu moto.....

Adesanjo Oyejide.

the school is a private concern of UI, just like a bakery or water bottling company run by UI..

AND YES they may hide dangerous weapons under the damn thing since you asked... undecided

1 Like

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Rebelutionary: 11:14am On Nov 22, 2018
herkeem:

ISI is a secondary school under the control of the management of University of Ibadan. The school has been in the news in the last few days for its refusal to allow willing female Muslim students use Hijab on their uniform. The situation has degenerated to the extent that the Muslim students were shut out of the school among other unwarranted actions of the school as represented by the Principal, one Mrs Phebean Olowe.

I have read and listened to different opinions on the development and I am not sorry for the positions I take on the matter. Before I conclude with my positions however, I have a few questions for the Principal in question as well as anyone with position same as or similar to that of the school management:

1. Does the wearing of Hijab by the willing female Muslim students portend any danger/evil for their colleagues (who don't), the school or anyone for that matter?

2. Is it against the law of the land for the students of such a 'public' school to wear Hijab?

3. Does their observance of that aspect of their constitutional rights rub or deny anyone of his?

If the genuine answers to the above questions are NO, then I am of the opinion that the assertion that the school's reactions are borne out of hatred for Islam and the Muslims must be very true and this has to stop and stop NOW.

And for those who might be asking, does their not wearing Hijab portend any danger? Yes, it does and contrary to the opinions of those that know not, not wearing Hijab makes female muslims less Muslims because it's not a flexible commandment. If your wish is really not to make them non-Muslims, let them use what makes them the Muslims that they are.

I call on all the concerned stakeholders and well meaning people of the society to intervene in good time to allow our female Muslim students join their colleagues without any further victimization, molestation, discrimination or disdainful treatment of any kind.

Leyin aponle, abuku lo Ku o........... Tori a ko le wa sa fun keke lo kolu moto.....

Adesanjo Oyejide.
As much as u have a right to an opinion, one easily notices that your positions is tinted with religious bigotry!

I have a question for you that puts paid to this your yada yada!

Do you know when something is called UNIFORM?

If you will genuinely answer this question then your bigotry becomes glaring!

Do we know what this whole crisis creates in the minds of kids who would normally see themselves as one but bigot adults like you will rather create divisions in their minds!

1 Like

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by snowblaq(f): 11:16am On Nov 22, 2018
Ibrahimmrfish:
Because it is a public school and as citizens of Nigeria,they have every right to send their children there.A public school should not be run by Christian or Muslim standard,it should be open to all.

And it is you that made it a public school Abi?. ...senseless arguments.

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by adeleye003(m): 11:25am On Nov 22, 2018
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think Muslims are been marginalized and their rights are trampled upon in most Southern schools. We Christians should better realize that Nigeria is a secular country dominated by Muslims wether we like it or not. Most schools pray the Christian way without considering the faith of Muslims and yet we Christians still refuse to let Muslims wear an harmless Hijab I hope Muric and other Muslim groups reject this open hypocrisy of we Christians sad

evidently, you haven't been to the Northern part of Nigeria...
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by ImaIma1(f): 11:28am On Nov 22, 2018
herkeem:

Adesanjo Oyejide.

So how have they coped for the last decades? Is it that the hijab wearing is not as a mandatory as they now claim?

Can they not attend pro hijab schools especially Muslim schools instead of trying to disrupt a peaceful school? Or do they not have faith in their schools?
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by tonysleek(m): 11:34am On Nov 22, 2018
See islam see violence. If u give dem chance now, dem go slaughter all d non muslim student. # ndi ala!(breast people)

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by justli: 11:44am On Nov 22, 2018
I would always think hijab wearing doesn't do anyone harm and should therefore be left to the individual or group to decide what fit them. But on a second thought, hijab has the effect of polarizing people. It clearly and loudly splits the classroom into muslims vs others. This is not healthy for the unity of the school and the society at large.

The argument is that hijab is the Muslim child's identity. But that then is the problem. The school doesn't want pupil splitted into various groups and identities: 'US' VS 'THEM' kind of thing. In my opinion, the MURIC fuels this madness. This group is working tirelesly to destroy the years of tolerance the south west enjoys and that group must be cautioned.

1 Like

Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by ImaIma1(f): 11:47am On Nov 22, 2018
ollah2:

Is the school a christian school?

Ok go to an hijab school
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by COCKCROW: 11:55am On Nov 22, 2018
bankyblue:
Sometimes I just wonder!

Will the hijab give them knowledge?
Will the hijab make them stop doing bad thing?

What religion as done to us in this country can never be mention.....later u will tell me is peace you guys seek!
Always want to dominate where they are.

the purpose is for easy identification when BH come kidnapping and killing.
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Demmzy15(m): 11:58am On Nov 22, 2018
4gunners:
Don't mind them. Go to the north east and see how they carry the hijab matter for head. Yet, the regions is the most backward region in terms of everything you can think of
Bro, this is about South West not North East. Face the topic, stop digressing, how does wearing Hijab make a country backwards? Or are the ladies in your family who don't wear hijab better than ladies with hijab in Saudi, Qatar, Turkey, Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia?
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Abbeyme: 11:59am On Nov 22, 2018
GoTV:

I doubt u attended a government public school. Worship modes are alternated along the days of the week.
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Demmzy15(m): 11:59am On Nov 22, 2018
nawtyme:

But sharia police in Kano can destroy alcohol even when they don't drink it. Are they forced to drink alcohol?
How does Hijab harm or cause harm to the body? Does Hijab destroy the kidney as Alcohol does?
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Demmzy15(m): 12:05pm On Nov 22, 2018
nawtyme:

Go to a muslim school. Simple
Is ISI a Christian school? Why should I go to a Muslim school to exercise my fundamental right as a Muslim in a government secular school? angry
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by kpompey: 12:05pm On Nov 22, 2018
Sikay19:

I don't know your age or your status but your opinion is very crass... Comparing Nigeria which is a secular state to core Islamic countries is unreasonable... this is Nigeria where you are allowed to practice religion of your choice. As muslims we have no problem with any forms of dressing every others wears. but Hijab is our identity and we shall not compromise on this... what I don't understand is why are you feeling insecure about this.. inferiority complex is the order of the day.

Your arguments is very vague. Muslims are the problem of this country. Rhetorically, what value will hijab add to these kids.Does that mean everyone should dress according to his religion believe.Why must we continue to intoxicate the mind of these little kids , who should love each other and sees everyone as his brother and sister. 95% of my friends are Muslims elite and they will never agitate for these thrash the so called Muslim parents are calling for. Parents who desire hijab for their kids against the school regulations could kindly withdraw the children to trusted Islamic school and stop disrupting a peaceful academic calendar with continuous short down.
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by luluman: 12:07pm On Nov 22, 2018
Sikay19:

The school you force your daughter to go said this is our standard & you said they must change it to suit your religious need. Are you well?
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by kpompey: 12:07pm On Nov 22, 2018
Demmzy15:
Bro, this is about South West not North East. Face the topic, stop digressing, how does wearing Hijab make a country backwards? Or are the ladies in your family who don't wear hijab better than ladies with hijab in Saudi, Qatar, Turkey, Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia?

Reason Khashoogi was killed by the custodian of your two holy mosque.Hypocrites
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Demmzy15(m): 12:07pm On Nov 22, 2018
Yankee101:
I used to to say that Yoruba land was the most tolerant part of Nigeria (except Ilorin which has always had crazy Alfas, maybe from the time of Alimi)

But not anymore

Intolerant Islamic extremism is taking deep seated roots

The Yorubas can decide if they want to be drawn back into the dark ages

No doubt your brain is full of cockroaches. So Muslims are tolerant when they don't follow the tenets of their religion? What kind of bigotry is this? So hijab for children is now dark ages? Wonders shall end!
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Demmzy15(m): 12:09pm On Nov 22, 2018
kpompey:

Reason Khashoogi was killed by the custodian of your two holy mosque.Hypocrites
Bro, face the topic. Face my points head on and stop talking rubbish.
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Sleekfingers: 12:11pm On Nov 22, 2018
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think Muslims are been marginalized and their rights are trampled upon in most Southern schools. We Christians should better realize that Nigeria is a secular country dominated by Muslims wether we like it or not. Most schools pray the Christian way without considering the faith of Muslims and yet we Christians still refuse to let Muslims wear an harmless Hijab I hope Muric and other Muslim groups reject this open

hypocrisy of we Christians sad

Nigeria is not a Muslim or Christian country....
Do they also consider the traditional believers? ....the traditionalists should also start wearing there traditional wears to school too....

When giving Christians and Muslims holidays...do they put the traditionalists in consideration.......I will urge them too to fight for their right.....

There are lots of hypocrites in this country...what a shame...
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by SLOVFO(m): 12:15pm On Nov 22, 2018
GoTV:

Fake Christian!
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Demmzy15(m): 12:16pm On Nov 22, 2018
amalab30:
My take is that, as Muslims, the western countries shouldn't allow them into their countries. They should be forced to enjoy their religion in other Arabs/Muslims dominated regions. If they plan to travel to enjoy education or medical tourism, they should travel to Saudi, Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Oman, Kuwait, Qatar or UAE at most.

The issue is, the freedom given to these guys have become so huge, so much that Nigeria from the outside is looked as an Islamic country.

My gross is why does the elite find it easy to study or send their children or wards to Western countries where it's easy to give birth and your kids become citizens of those countries - something that is not even possible in Arab nations.

Imagine a world where USA, Germany, UK, decides never to issue visas to any Muslim or Arab, how'd they feel?

100% if a Muslim is given a choice of USA/Canada or Saudi/Yemen, we all know which he/she woul pick.

Even in football, no footballer of Arab extraction has made a name without playing in one of the western countries.

It's juss very stewpid of them to demand that their agitations must always e regarded on a secular country.

If you don't like the laws of the school, take your kids away. Finish!
Another rubbish post from a brain dead one, but the western countries are allowed to exploit and colonize Muslim countries but Muslims are not to be allowed in? Bro, you have sense, very nice. I await your reply so as I can rubbish you well.
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Demmzy15(m): 12:18pm On Nov 22, 2018
ojuu4u:
that's trade mark of ur religion *violent * Did you use to be vocal like this whenever your so-called decent Muslim girls used hijabs for cover-ups to detonate bomb? "Killing & Maiming" innocent people? NO. Adesanjo Oyejide you are hypocrite. Let us reason together, how will you feel if I start slaughtering dogs & pigs in front of your mosque, selling them for prospective buyers. Do not forget that am excercising my fundermental human rights o and as citizen of the country I shouldn't be marginalized. Oyejide, let us learn how to let sleeping dog lies. No religion is a monopoly of violent
Olodo, you have no right to go to someone's compound or home to do rubbish. But I know you don't have sense, if dem born you well, go and slaughter pigs and dogs in front of mosques, oloshi grin
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Demmzy15(m): 12:20pm On Nov 22, 2018
wisebrains:
I'm still waiting till when this religion fanatics will tell the federal government that our female army, police, customs, road safety and other military and paramilitary officers should be allowed to us hijab with their uniforms. Fvvvvking hypocrites...

And you call yourself wise brain,you should be dull brain instead. Incase you don't know, secular nations allow this but bigoted nigeria. So y'all are the hypocrites.
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by Nasir123(m): 12:31pm On Nov 22, 2018
Vicolan:
Why are we always having issues on Religion in Nigeria? This suck.. And we ain't that righteous thou....

Point of correction sir!
We are not righteous at all.
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by ojuu4u(m): 12:46pm On Nov 22, 2018
Demmzy15:
Olodo, you have no right to go to someone's compound or home to do rubbish. But I know you don't have sense, if dem born you well, go and slaughter pigs and dogs in front of mosques, oloshi grin
thank God you confirm it, anyway I don't blame you, that was how you were brought up, violence is running in your blood stream, trully it's religion of peace. Even with your comments, does it show you are a truth worshiper of Almighty God? Is your God, a God of peace or crises?

NB. Bros u forgot to comment about issue of bomb.
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by mutvy: 1:00pm On Nov 22, 2018
In Christianity, following what the bible says is by choice. Christians can go to churches in mini skirts,twerk in the church,drink alcohol ,lie in the name of God and scam one another in the named of tithe.
In Christianity, everything goes.Hijab is a right of Muslim women,ladies and girls and this is allowed even in Western world.
Muslims are awakening and our right has come to stay.
The earlier the enemies of Islam realise this the better.
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by 4gunners(m): 1:10pm On Nov 22, 2018
Demmzy15:

My point is that you don't throw a school into chaos because of hijab that will contribute NOTHING to the reason why they are in school. The school has being in existence for many years serving its purpose.

People like you continue to compare countries like Qatar, Saudi and the rest forgetting that they are muslim countries. Nigeria is a secular state. If you want to wear hijab, go to muslim schools. Simple!!!!
Re: Christian Parents, Ifa Priest Protest Against UI School’s Hijab Crisis by seglabsy(m): 1:10pm On Nov 22, 2018
DONT MIND THEM THEIR RELIGION HAS TURNED THEM TO ANOTHER THING ENTIRELY.MADNESS?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills / Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada / 2017/2018 Federal University Of Technology, Akure Aspirant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.