Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,427 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

NNFF Awards, Committee. - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NNFF Awards, Committee. (19666 Views)

Tokyo2020: Star Beer Partners Nigeria Olympic Committee To Support Team Nigeria / Esports Federation Kicks Against Interim Committee / NFF Reacts To FIFA Disciplinary Committee Sanction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by tbaba1234: 8:49pm On Dec 06, 2018
tbaba1234:

1. Replace Stephen Eze with Theophilus Afelokhai for his continental performance
2. This drastically reduces the options.Chukwueze and Ebere Eze (If not allowed, Osimhen)

Cc:icon4s
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Joebie: 8:51pm On Dec 06, 2018
On point!
Icon4s:

Good, right on time.

Please make your nominations. No Time.
Follow the format I set on page 3 . Thanks.

Tbaba1234, Joebie, ChrisKels, Komekn, Forgiveness, TheSuperNerd.
With TheSuperNerd unavoidably not available. We went back to the list and Safarigirl is next in line. She has rescinded her earlier decision of opting out. So she can take TheSuperNerd's spot.

Please let's co-opt her so we can move on. Thanks.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by komekn(m): 9:11pm On Dec 06, 2018
Icon4s:

Chairman na you dey do us like this?

Still on your new inclusions Tyrone Ebuehi made his debute against Togo in a friendly in 2017. So he is not elligible. And Mohammed Usman featured under Stephen Keshi in 2014. He also is not qualified either. Ola Aina featured in the WCQ. So he too is not eligible.

Let me help u with the list of 2018 New Inclusions so you can chose your best 3:
Simeon Nwankwo, Jamilu Collins, Kelechi Nwakali, Samuel Kalu, Semi Ajayi, Samuel Chukwueze. These are the ones that were invited and got to feature. So u pick any 3 from amogst them.

If you restrict the nominations too only 2018 there is a very limited value you can't measures true quality. The term is impact, what impact can you measure in terms of quality from 2/3 games a player has played. In the past 11 months.

It's not an award just a statistic that says they turned up.

The time span is just too short and the numbers too small.

Nonetheless, to fulfil all righteousness.

My three nominees are Kelechi Nwakali, Semi Ajayi and Jamilu Collins.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 9:28pm On Dec 06, 2018
forgiveness:
1. Nigerian Player of the Year:
Ahmed Musa, Victor Moses & Wilfred Ndidi

2. SE Home based player of the year:
Eze, Dayo Ojo(MVP - Chan). Ezenwa

3. Most impactful New Inclusion (2018):
Bryan Idowu (WC ), Uzoho(WC), Samuel Kalu

4. Best Goalkeeper (Best Ogedengbe Award):
Uzoho, Ajiboye(Chan), Akpeyi

5. Best Defender (Stephen Keshi Award):
Balogun, Troost-Ekong, Omeruo (WC performance mainly)

6. Best Midfielder (Oliha/Okwaraji Award):
Wilfred Ndidi, Mikel Obi, Alex Iwobi

7. Best Attacker (Rashidi Yekini Award):
Victor Moses, Ahmed Musa, Ighalo

8. Most improved player (2018)
Ahmed Musa, Troost, Alex Iwobi

9. Young Player of the Year
Wilfred Ndidi, Samuel Kalu, Onyekuru

10. Super Falcons player of the year:
Oluechi, Oshoala, Ordega

11. Super Eagles Goal of the Year.
Ahmed Musa (1st Goal Iceland)
Ahmed Musa (2nd Goal Iceland)
Ahmed Musa (1st goal Seychelles)

Item 3. Idowu and Uzoho were 2017 inclusions. Please update.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 9:38pm On Dec 06, 2018
tbaba1234:

Cc:icon4s

noted and updated. However, doing the update on the original nominations post would have made Collation easier for us.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 9:39pm On Dec 06, 2018
komekn:

If you restrict the nominations too only 2018 there is a very limited value you can't measures true quality. The term is impact, what impact can you measure in terms of quality from 2/3 games a player has played. In the past 11 months.

It's not an award just a statistic that says they turned up.

The time span is just too short and the numbers too small.

Nonetheless, to fulfil all righteousness.

My three nominees are Kelechi Nwakali, Semi Ajayi and Jamilu Collins.

You cannot tell me u cannot see the impact Samuel Kalu and Jamilu Collins have made in the team thus far.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by tbaba1234: 10:58pm On Dec 06, 2018
Icon4s:

noted and updated. However, doing the update on the original nominations post would have made Collation easier for us.

Sorry about that
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 5:06am On Dec 07, 2018
Safarigirl we are waiting on your nominations.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 5:17am On Dec 07, 2018
tbaba1234:

Sorry about that

No wahala
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:07am On Dec 07, 2018
Okaaayyyyy... Not surprised by the number of mentions as I kinda deserve that. I've been itching to try make out time hoping I won't be so very late. I'm really sorry for not being around but I did hint about this to Chief Icon4s.

Uhmmm... Sir Joebie, alternative award? Okay, maybe we can discuss that later?

Chief Icon4s and every member of the committee... Please pardon me as I have been extremely engaged and I still am. I just wanted to come to check on things and possibly drop my nominations before I am gone again. Biko gbaram...

But hey... I see that Safarigirl is gonna step in for me. Maybe I should allow her take my place then for the meantime right? What do you say Chief Icon4s? I don't even know if my showing up now is bad timing or good timing... Lol
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by safarigirl(f): 10:14am On Dec 07, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Okaaayyyyy... Not surprised by the number of mentions as I kinda deserve that. I've been itching to try make out time hoping I won't be so very late. I'm really sorry for not being around but I did hint about this to Chief Icon4s.

Chief Icon4s and every member of the committee... Please pardon me as I have been extremely engaged and I still am. I just wanted to come to check on things and possibly drop my nominations before I am gone again. Biko gbaram...

But hey... I see that Safarigirl is gonna step in for me. Maybe I should allow her take my place then for the meantime right? What do you say Chief Icon4s? I don't even know if my showing up now is bad timing or good timing... Lol
abeg icon4s if it's okay, can Supernerd take back his spot?
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:19am On Dec 07, 2018
safarigirl:

Hey hi there Safarihoney... No don't worry, you can have it so long as you can find a way to skillfully squeeze in Iheanacho's name into one category aiit... wink *Winks*

1 Like

Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Joebie: 10:30am On Dec 07, 2018
you both can decide. Either way, it will be okay with icon and the rest of us I guess

safarigirl:
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 11:44am On Dec 07, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Ok

Welcome back. Please confirm you are making the nominations or Safarigirl does it.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 11:52am On Dec 07, 2018
In other News, I have secured a slot for the Results of the general Polls to be announced on CoreTV Abuja and Lagos. More details of this and for other media outfits to follow.

Cc:Tbaba1234, forgiveness, ChrisKels, Komekn, Joebie, TheSuperNerd, Safarigirl.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:22pm On Dec 07, 2018
Icon4s:

Ok

Welcome back. Please confirm you are making the nominations or Safarigirl does it.

Okay Dad. No qualms. I have my list already drawn up but let me pass up the honor to Safarigirl. You and Joebie have already picked her as my replacement and I believe the others would have gone with it in my absence. Also, no one had any idea of knowing when I was going to get back. Infact, going by your deadline of December 6, I am even late. wink Also, she does come around unlike me of late.

So let Lady Safarigirl take my place here. Would be even nicer to have a lady's voice involved in the nominations. So Safarihoney, please go ahead and draw up your nominations.... Let me take the back seat on this one... wink

Cheers Y'all...

1 Like

Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 1:32pm On Dec 07, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Okay Dad. No qualms. I have my list already drawn up but let me pass up the honor to Safarigirl. You and Joebie have already picked her as my replacement and I believe the others would have gone with it in my absence. Also, no one had any idea of knowing when I was going to get back. Infact, going by your deadline of December 6, I am even late. wink Also, she does come around unlike me of late.

So let Lady Safarigirl take my place here. Would be even nicer to have a lady's voice involved in the nominations. So Safarihoney, please go ahead and draw up your nominations.... Let me take the back seat on this one... wink

Cheers Y'all...

Ok. Thanks.

Safarigirl please make ur nominations. Thanks.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 1:49pm On Dec 07, 2018
Icon4s:
In other News, I have secured a slot for the Results of the general Polls to be announced on CoreTV Abuja and Lagos. More details of this and for other media outfits to follow.

For those that reside in Abuja and Lagos, please how is the popularity and aerial coverage of CoreTV like?

The SWAN Edo state chapter Vice Chairman, who works with CoreTV Abuja, assured me of the slot after I shared this idea with him. I also intend approaching other popular media outfits.

These awards must not end on the front page of Nairaland. It must get to SWAN and numerous media outfits, The NFF, Rohr and even the players themselves.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Joebie: 2:12pm On Dec 07, 2018
I have no idea. Na only dstv I dey watch for here. I have to see about tuning to local channels
Icon4s:

For those that reside in Abuja and Lagos, please how is the popularity and aerial coverage of CoreTV like?

The SWAN Edo state chapter Vice Chairman, who works with CoreTV Abuja, assured me of the slot after I shared this idea with him. I also intend approaching other popular media outfits.

These awards must not end on the front page of Nairaland. It must get to SWAN and numerous media outfits, The NFF, Rohr and even the players themselves.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by causewahala: 3:14pm On Dec 07, 2018
Nerdy is a gentle man! cool
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by forgiveness: 5:18pm On Dec 07, 2018
Icon4s:

That's a good one. grin
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by safarigirl(f): 6:02pm On Dec 07, 2018
Icon4s:

Ok. Thanks.

Safarigirl please make ur nominations. Thanks.
sorry, I've been offline all day.

Let me see the categories and return with the nominations
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by safarigirl(f): 6:34pm On Dec 07, 2018
1. Nigerian Player of the Year- Ighalo, Iwobi, Musa

2. Nigerian home-based player of the Year- Ikouwem Udoh, Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Junior Lokosa

3. Most Impactful New Inclusion- Jamilu Collins, Samuel Kalu, Samuel Chukwueze undecided

4. Best Goalkeeper- Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Francis Uzoho, Dele Ajiboye

5. Best Defender- William Troost-Ekong, Tyrone Ebuehi, Leon Balogun

6. Best midfielder- Wilfred Ndidi, John Obi Mikel, John Ogu

7. Best Attacker- Ahmed Musa, Alex Iwobi, Odion Ighalo

8. Most Improved Player- Odion Ighalo, Alex Iwobi, Kelechi Iheanacho

9. Young Player of the Year- Samuel Kalu, Francis Uzoho, Samuel Chukwueze

10. Super Falcons Player of the Year- Tochukwu Oluehi, Francisca Ordega, Rita Chikwelu

11. Super Eagles Goal of the Year- Samuel Kalu's goal against Libya, Ahmed Musa (second goal against Iceland), Troost-Ekong's goal (vs DRC)

1 Like

Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 10:14pm On Dec 07, 2018
safarigirl:

2. Nigerian home-based player of the Year- Ikouwem Udoh, Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Junior Lokosa

3. Most Impactful New Inclusion- Tyrone Ebuehi, Jamilu Collins, Samuel Kalu

4. Best Goalkeeper- Tochukwu Oluehi, Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Francis Uzoho

6. Best midfielder- Francisca Ordega,

8. Most Improved Player- Odion Ighalo,

9. Young Player of the Year- Samuel Kalu, Francis Uzoho, Rashidat Ajibade

10. Super Falcons Player of the Year- Tochukwu Oluehi, Francisca Ordega, Rita Chikwelu

11. Super Eagles Goal of the Year- Samuel Kalu's goal against Libya, Ahmed Musa (second goal against Iceland), Troost-Ekong's goal

Nne, ha! You come mix Super Falcons players with SE players? Please the only category we should have nominations for Falcons is item 10. The other categories are strictly for the male players.

Also on your Item 3, Tyrone Ebuehi made his debute in 2017 against Togo in a friendly. He is not elligible for this category. We only nominate those that made their debut in 2018.
Your item 8 should have 3 players but u only nominated 1.
Your item 11, Troost Ekong's goal against who?

Please review your nominations and repost. Thanks.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by safarigirl(f): 10:26pm On Dec 07, 2018
Icon4s:

Nne, ha! You come mix Super Falcons players with SE players? Please the only category we should have nominations for Falcons is item 10. The other categories are strictly for the male players.

Also on your Item 3, Tyrone Ebuehi made his debute in 2017 against Togo in a friendly. He is not elligible for this category. We only nominate those that made their debut in 2018.
Your item 8 should have 3 players but u only nominated 1.
Your item 11, Troost Ekong's goal against who?

Please review your nominations and repost. Thanks.
it is quite unfair to remove the Falcons from all categories of Nigerian football and relegate them to one measly category, even though they have done more for the nation's football than the male team could ever. Disrespectful even..... But it is what it is, I guess.

However, calling this a "Nigerian Footballers Award" is laughable if it is more of a Nigerian Male Football team award, remembering that the men did nothing this year compared to the women.

Let me modify sha sad

Troost-Ekong has just one goal for the Super Eagles, can't recall the team and Google is barely helping

1 Like

Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 8:11am On Dec 08, 2018
safarigirl:
it is quite unfair to remove the Falcons from all categories of Nigerian football and relegate them to one measly category, even though they have done more for the nation's football than the male team could ever. Disrespectful even..... But it is what it is, I guess.

However, calling this a "Nigerian Footballers Award" is laughable if it is more of a Nigerian Male Football team award, remembering that the men did nothing this year compared to the women.

Let me modify sha sad

Troost-Ekong has just one goal for the Super Eagles, can't recall the team and Google is barely helping

Firstly there is no where in the world where during footballers awards male and female players are nominated together for an award category be it FIFA, CAF or SWAN awards.
Secondly, CAF and FIFA only has "Female Footballer of the Year award" and the other categories are for the males. Though we may in subsequent awards consider including other female awards. This could largely be attributed to relatively lower followership of the female game.
Then for Ekong, I guess the goal u we're referring to was against Congo DR in the friendly in PH leading to the 2018WC.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 8:19am On Dec 08, 2018
[quote author=causewahala post=73635129][/quote]

Oga please don't cause distractions. We don't need u here.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by causewahala: 9:33am On Dec 08, 2018
Icon4s:

Oga please don't cause distractions. We don't need u here.

Succinct response from you!

Kindly delete my post you quoted. I'm deleting mine as I type. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Now I leave you all in peace.

PS: great work by the way, I hope you all go on to greater things, including Nerdy my guy! cool cool cool
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 12:59pm On Dec 08, 2018
safarigirl:

3. Most Impactful New Inclusion- Jamilu Collins, Samuel Kalu, Henry Onyekuru undecided

4. Best Goalkeeper- Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Francis Uzoho (considering Akpeyi is genuinely useless, I do not see the sense in nominating him, and there is no one else left, so......)

6. Best midfielder- Wilfred Ndidi, John Obi Mikel, John Ogu

8. Most Improved Player- Odion Ighalo,

9. Young Player of the Year- Samuel Kalu, Francis Uzoho, Samuel Chukwueze

11. Super Eagles Goal of the Year- Samuel Kalu's goal against Libya, Ahmed Musa (second goal against Iceland), Troost-Ekong's goal (vs DRC)

Item 3, Henry Onyekuru made his debute in 2017. Aside the two u have already mentioned let me help u with others so u chose 1 from them: Simeon Nwankwo, Kelechi Nwakali, Semi Ajayi

Item 4, if You don't want to pick Akpeyi u can pick Ajiboye or Afelokhai. That 3rd nomination position must be filled.

Item8, you only named Ighalo, again u need 3 nominees.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 8:02pm On Dec 08, 2018
Safarigirl we are still waiting...

Meanwhile Joebie, hope ur collation is up to date, pending when safari drops hers.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Joebie: 8:32pm On Dec 08, 2018
Will work on it tonight
Icon4s:
Safarigirl we are still waiting...

Meanwhile Joebie, hope ur collation is up to date, pending when safari drops hers.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Joebie: 8:39pm On Dec 08, 2018
I think icon is following the usual convention. But I raised a similar issue. When the categories are more appropriately named, there will be less issues. Since men and women don’t play together or against one another, it’s better to have separate awards but equal number of categories. That’s my own opinion.

safarigirl:

Let me modify sha sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Vinicius Praises Sevilla For Ejecting Fan Making Racist Gestures / Argentina, Romania To Play In Aisha Buhari Football Tourney / Fulham FC Arrives Nigeria To Support Soccer Star Project With Siasia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.