Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

NNFF Awards, Committee. - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NNFF Awards, Committee. (19686 Views)

Tokyo2020: Star Beer Partners Nigeria Olympic Committee To Support Team Nigeria / Esports Federation Kicks Against Interim Committee / NFF Reacts To FIFA Disciplinary Committee Sanction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 9:41am On Dec 06, 2018
Icon4s:
Guys do we tag the Best Midfielder award as Samuel Okwaraji award or Thompson Oliha award? Please indicate your preference.

Cc: TheSuperNerd, ChrisKels, Tbaba1234, Komekn, Forgiveness, Joebie.

Samuel Okwaraji
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 9:43am On Dec 06, 2018
Icon4s:
Guys do we tag the Best Midfielder award as Samuel Okwaraji award or Thompson Oliha award? Please indicate your preference.

ChrisKels, Forgiveness, TheSuperNerd we are waiting on your preference on this.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by forgiveness: 10:14am On Dec 06, 2018
Icon4s:

ChrisKels, Forgiveness, TheSuperNerd we are waiting on your preference on this.

I do not know what Samuel Okparaji and Thompson Oliha did/won that they should be considered ahead Muda Lawal who contributed to winning the first AFCON with two goals and assists, huh?
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 10:19am On Dec 06, 2018
forgiveness:

I do not know what Samuel Okparaji and Thompson Oliha did/won that they should be considered ahead Muda Lawal who contributed to winning the first AFCON with two goals and assists, huh?

Please confirm you are nominating Muda Lawal.

BTW I hope u know Oliha won the AFCON and played at the 1994 WC.

Okwaraji died playing for Nigeria in a crutial WCQ plus he featured prominently at the 1988 AFCON and scored in the semi against Algeria.

Besides, when we were considering late players to honor why didn't u come up with Muda Lawal.

If you are nominating him now. No wahala. It is your choice.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by forgiveness: 10:21am On Dec 06, 2018
Icon4s:

That is it.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 10:24am On Dec 06, 2018
forgiveness:

That is it.

Ok. No controversy. We move on.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 10:27am On Dec 06, 2018
Nominations for name of the Best Midfielder award:
Thompson Oliha:1
Samuel Okwaraji: 3
Muda Lawal: 1.

ChrisKels and TheSuperNerd we await your nominations.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Joebie: 11:29am On Dec 06, 2018
Komekn mind dey our other thread lol
Icon4s:

Why you dey shine teeth.

Leave my guy abeg. E no easy. Lol!
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Joebie: 11:32am On Dec 06, 2018
grin na everything we go debate? Just make your choice and let’s move on. Some people too like argument sef.

Icon4s:

BTW I hope u know Oliha won the AFCON and played at the 1994 WC.

Okwaraji died playing for Nigeria in a crutial WCQ plus he featured prominently at the 1988 AFCON and scored in the semi against Algeria.

Besides, when we were considering late players to honor why didn't u come up with Muda Lawal.

If you are nominating him now. No wahala. It is your choice.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 11:50am On Dec 06, 2018
Joebie:
grin na everything we go debate? Just make your choice and let’s move on. Some people too like argument sef.

Him don dey point accusing finger at me already say I dey autocratic.

Tomorrow now him go say na me impose the name of the award. Let him have his own say o.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 11:51am On Dec 06, 2018
Joebie:
Komekn mind dey our other thread lol

No be wetin we dey discuss for that thread we dey come summarize here?

Meanwhile Joebie please get ready. You and I will do a collation of the nominations as from 6pm (Nairaland time) today.

You do your own and post it. And I do mine and post as well. Just for checks and balances.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Joebie: 11:55am On Dec 06, 2018
UK based matter no dey this one. That my alternative award suggestion go sweet am die lol

Icon4s:

No be wetin we dey discuss for that thread we dey come summarize here?
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by ChrisKels: 12:08pm On Dec 06, 2018
Icon4s:

Give it to Okwaraji, the one who almost single handedly wrote the name "Nigeria" in Europe. Besides, he died defending the GWG. Lets give him that honour
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 12:08pm On Dec 06, 2018
Sample for Collation.

Each Committee member has nominated 3 players per award category. You just count the frequency of nominations for each player per category across all Committee members.
Eg.
1). Nigerian player of the Year nominations: Iwobi 5, Ighalo 3, Musa 4, Moses 2, etc. .Top 3= Iwobi, Musa and Ighalo.

Do this across all the Categories. I am suggesting Sir Joebie to join me in doing this please.

Cc: Tbaba1234, Komekn, Joebie, ChrisKels, Forgiveness, TheSuperNerd.

Deadline for nominations is 6pm (Nairaland time).

Komekn note that u have not made nominations for Most impressive New inclusions as all the players u have been nominating are not elligible. U have till 6pm to tidy this up. Else we move on without your nominations for that category.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by ChrisKels: 12:10pm On Dec 06, 2018
Icon4s:
Gentle men, what do we do about TheSuperNerd. Do we co-opt someone else to replace him or we just move on without his position. Meanwhile, I suggest we extend nominations for another 24hrs to allow Komekn tidy up his nominations and to allow for any late replacement for TheSuperNerd.

Cc: Tbaba1234, Joebie, ChrisKels, Forgiveness, Komekn.

We have enough men already, we could let Nerdy's slip
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 12:10pm On Dec 06, 2018
ChrisKels:

Give it to Okwaraji, the one who almost single handedly wrote the name "Nigeria" in Europe. Besides, he died defending the GWG. Lets give him that honour

That seals it.

Thompson Oliha: 1
Samuel Okwaraji: 4
Muda Lawal: 1

The last vote from TheSuperNerd cannot make any difference.

So, It is The Samuel Okwaraji Best Midfielder Award.

Cc: Forgiveness, Tbaba1234, Joebie, TheSuperNerd, ChrisKels, Komekn.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 12:16pm On Dec 06, 2018
ChrisKels:

We have enough men already, we could let Nerdy's slip

Ok, but if we go ahead with the remaining 6. We could potentially have to break some ties in the nominees mentions. Having 7 members in the committee will ensure we have tie breakers. Do we pick some one from the house to quickly join us in the nominations? I know people who would be willing to. Or we just move on with 6 of us and hope voting for breaking of ties goes well.

Cc: Tbaba1234, Joebie, Forgiveness, Komekn, TheSuperNerd.

We have till 6pm to decide this and then move on
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by forgiveness: 12:25pm On Dec 06, 2018
Icon4s:

Ok, but if we go ahead with the remaining 6. We could potentially have to break some ties in the nominees mentions. Having 7 members in the committee will ensure we have tie breakers. Do we pick some one from the house to quickly join us in the nominations? I know people who would be willing to. Or we just move on with 6 of us and hope voting for breaking of ties goes well.

Did Nerd refused the post? Let us hear from him na.

If we can't hear then the person that took the 8th position can be drafted in.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 12:29pm On Dec 06, 2018
forgiveness:

Did Nerd refused the post? Let us hear from him na.

If we can't hear then the person that took the 8th position can be drafted in.

He has not responded up till now despite several mentions and reminders for his nominations. He is obviously very busy, he even mentioned it earlier. Waiting to hear from him is like waiting indefinitely and then putting this whole process on hold indefinitely.

As for the 8th position, could have been safari but she has openly opted out. For those next in line we had ties. I think 2 or 3 persons. I suggest we pick one of them and move on.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by forgiveness: 12:43pm On Dec 06, 2018
Icon4s:

He has not responded up till now despite several mentions and reminders for his nominations. He is obviously very busy, he even mentioned it earlier. Waiting to hear from him is like waiting indefinitely and then putting this whole process on hold indefinitely.

As for the 8th position, could have been safari but she has openly opted out. For those next in line we had ties. I think 2 or 3 persons. I suggest we pick one of them and move on.

Ok let us see the two then cast our vote here.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 1:00pm On Dec 06, 2018
forgiveness:

Ok let us see the two then cast our vote here.

There are even 4 of them having 2 points.Good that they are equally well knowledgeable and respected house members. Let's chose by picking 1 out of the 4. The person that has the highest picks joins us.

Cc: Tbaba1234, Komekn, Joebie, ChrisKels,

Gentle men let's please make this process hasty.

Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by forgiveness: 1:13pm On Dec 06, 2018
Icon4s:

There are even 4 of them having 2 points.Good that they are equally well knowledge and respected house members. Let's chose by picking 1 out of the 4. The person that has the highest picks joins us.

Cc: Tbaba1234, Komekn, Joebie, ChrisKels,

Gentle men let's please make this process hasty.

Charlesemeka
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Joebie: 4:21pm On Dec 06, 2018
Let’s set a deadline for Nerdie, if he doesn’t show up still, let’s see if Safarigirl will rescind her decision. If that fails as well we pick whoever won the votes among those tied at 2. We can go ahead and vote now regardless, for this likely outcome.

Modified
I vote Kog45

Icon4s:

We have till 6pm to decide this and then move on
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Joebie: 4:28pm On Dec 06, 2018
Ok then. Do we ignore illegal nominations in the tally?
I guess we still need a 7th committee member to make his/her picks before this step.

Icon4s:
Sample for Collation.

Each Committee member has nominated 3 players per award category. You just count the frequency of nominations for each player per category across all Committee members.
Eg.
1). Nigerian player of the Year nominations: Iwobi 5, Ighalo 3, Musa 4, Moses 2, etc. .Top 3= Iwobi, Musa and Ighalo.

Do this across all the Categories. I am suggesting Sir Joebie to join me in doing this please.

Cc: Tbaba1234, Komekn, Joebie, ChrisKels, Forgiveness, TheSuperNerd.

Deadline for nominations is 6pm (Nairaland time).

Komekn note that u have not made nominations for Most impressive New inclusions as all the players u have been nominating are not elligible. U have till 6pm to tidy this up. Else we move on without your nominations for that category.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by safarigirl(f): 4:28pm On Dec 06, 2018
Joebie:
Let’s set a deadline for Nerdie, if he doesn’t show up still, let’s see if Safarigirl will rescind her decision. If that fails as well we pick whoever won the votes among those tied at 2. We can go ahead and vote now regardless, for this likely outcome.

Modified
I vote Kog45

supernerd no dey the group?
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 6:20pm On Dec 06, 2018
safarigirl:
supernerd no dey the group?

He has not responded to request for nominations. And so we are seeking an alternative of replacing him.

You were actually supposed to be a replacement but u opted out. However, we can co-opt u if u have a change of mind about ur earlier decision. This will save us the stress of rolling out a new poll on that which will slow down this process.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 8:01pm On Dec 06, 2018
tbaba1234:

Man, i have been so busy.. Alright, let me do it all now. I will change some of the ones i did before

1. Nigerian Player of the Year
a. Ahmed Musa b. Alex Iwobi c. Wilfred Ndidi

2. Nigerian Home based player of the year
a. Ezenwa b. Lokosa c. Stephen Eze

3. Most impactful New Inclusion (2018)
a. Uzoho b. Ebuehi c. Idowu

4. Best Goalkeeper (Best Ogedengbe Award)
a. Uzoho b. Ezenwa c. Ajiboye (i don't think Akpeyi played a game until Uganda, Ajiboye played in CHAN)

5. Best Defender (Stephen Keshi Award)
a. Ekong b. Balogun c. Ebuehi

6. Best Midfielder (Oliha/Okwaraji Award)
a. Ndidi b. Mikel Obi c. Etebo

7. Best Attacker (Rashidi Yekini Award)
a. Victor Moses b. Alex Iwobi c. Ahmed Musa

8. Most improved player (2018)
a. Iwobi b. Uzoho c. Ighalo

9. Young Player of the Year
a. Ebuehi b. Iwobi c. Uzoho

10. Super Falcons player of the year
a. Oshoala b. Ordega c. Oparanozie (not much to base this on, Ajibade deserves a mention from the youth team)

11. Super Eagles Goal of the Year.
a. Musa 1st goal vs Iceland
b. Musa 2nd goal vs Iceland
c. Ighalo winning goal vs Libya

Tbaba all your nominees for item 3 are all not eligible. We are to nominate players that were included in 2018 and not 2017. Though u have subsequently adjusted ur 1 & 2. Please we need a quick response as Collation is in progress.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by tbaba1234: 8:14pm On Dec 06, 2018
Icon4s:

Tbaba all your nominees for item 3 are all not eligible. We are to nominate players that were included in 2018 and not 2017. Though u have subsequently adjusted ur 1 & 2. Please we need a quick response as Collation is in progress.

Ajayi, Collins, Chukwueze
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by safarigirl(f): 8:15pm On Dec 06, 2018
Icon4s:

He has not responded to request for nominations. And so we are seeking an alternative of replacing him.

You were actually supposed to be a replacement but u opted out. However, we can co-opt u if u have a change of mind about ur earlier decision. This will save us the stress of rolling out a new poll on that which will slow down this process.
toh, I can opt back in
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 8:35pm On Dec 06, 2018
tbaba1234:

Ajayi, Collins, Chukwueze

Plus also Ebuehi and Iwobi on your item 9 are not elligible they are 23 and 22 already. The Award is for players U21. Thanks for the quick response.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 8:44pm On Dec 06, 2018
safarigirl:
toh, I can opt back in

Good, right on time.

Please make your nominations. No Time.
Follow the format I set on page 3 . Thanks.

Tbaba1234, Joebie, ChrisKels, Komekn, Forgiveness, TheSuperNerd.
With TheSuperNerd unavoidably not available. We went back to the list and Safarigirl is next in line. She has rescinded her earlier decision of opting out. So she can take TheSuperNerd's spot.

Please let's co-opt her so we can move on. Thanks.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by tbaba1234: 8:48pm On Dec 06, 2018
Icon4s:

Plus also Ebuehi and Iwobi on your item 9 are not elligible they are 23 and 22 already. The Award is for players U21. Thanks for the quick response.

I already responded to item 9.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

BBC Ignores World Cup Opening Ceremony In Favour Of Qatar Criticism / Qatar 2022: Which Team Are You Rooting For As The Winner? / Tuchel Slams Chelsea Fans For Singing Abramovich’s Name During Ukraine Applause

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.