Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,978 members, 7,810,714 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

NNFF Awards, Committee. - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NNFF Awards, Committee. (19714 Views)

Tokyo2020: Star Beer Partners Nigeria Olympic Committee To Support Team Nigeria / Esports Federation Kicks Against Interim Committee / NFF Reacts To FIFA Disciplinary Committee Sanction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by safarigirl(f): 10:06pm On Dec 08, 2018
Icon4s:

Item 3, Henry Onyekuru made his debute in 2017. Aside the two u have already mentioned let me help u with others so u chose 1 from them: Simeon Nwankwo, Kelechi Nwakali, Semi Ajayi

Item 4, if You don't want to pick Akpeyi u can pick Ajiboye or Afelokhai. That 3rd nomination position must be filled.

Item8, you only named Ighalo, again u need 3 nominees.
i've been occupied all day and didn't have access to any decent network to visit the internet with.

so, we can just name any random person even if they have done nothing to merit a nomination?

I thought the nominations are based on Super Eagles performance? So, we are throwing in names just because they kicked a ball in GwG? undecided

Item 8: I can't think of anybody with an improved Super Eagles performance aside Ighalo. Now, if the question was on deplorable performance, I would have more names. Aside that, they have all been very average this year, if not woeful.

But, let me go and throw in some random names for the sake of...... undecided

1 Like

Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by safarigirl(f): 10:17pm On Dec 08, 2018
Icon4s:

Firstly there is no where in the world where during footballers awards male and female players are nominated together for an award category be it FIFA, CAF or SWAN awards.
Secondly, CAF and FIFA only has "Female Footballer of the Year award" and the other categories are for the males. Though we may in subsequent awards consider including other female awards. This could largely be attributed to relatively lower followership of the female game.
Then for Ekong, I guess the goal u we're referring to was against Congo DR in the friendly in PH leading to the 2018WC.

Considering that in Nigeria, the female players are easily better than the male players and even in a head to head, the females would easily be better than the males, I could see how joining the awards for both teams would make the male team look as disgraceful as they actually are.

I have sha modified.

PS: Just because it is the norm doesn't make it right and it certainly doesn't mean that it cannot be altered. It was once the norm that women don't vote, but someone changed it.

1 Like

Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by JoebieII: 2:01am On Dec 09, 2018
Up to date.

Pretty much the outcome is conclusive for 8 of the categories.

CONCLUSIVE COLLATIONS SO FAR (Icons, please compare to yours)

1. Nigerian Player of the Year:
Musa - 6; Iwobi - 6; Ndidi - 5; Ighalo - 2; V. Moses - 1; Mikel - 1

2. Nigerian Home based player of the year:
Lokosa - 6; Utin - 5; Ezenwa - 5; Ojo - 1; Duru - 2; *Eze* - 1; Afelokhai - 1
(awaiting 1 modification but won't change the outcome)

3. Most impactful New Inclusion (2018)
Collins - 6; Kalu - 5; Ajayi - 5; Chukwueze - 1; Nwakali - 1
(Awaiting 3 nominations, but won't change the outcome)

5. Best Defender (Stephen Keshi Award):
Ekong - 7; Balogun - 7; Ebuehi - 4; Omeruo - 3

6. Best Midfielder (Samuel Okwaraji Award):
Mikel - 7; Ndidi - 6; Iwobi - 4; Ogu -1; Etebo - 3

7. Best Attacker (Rashidi Yekini Award):
Musa - 7; Ighalo - 6; Moses - 4; Kalu - 2; Iwobi - 2

10. Super Falcons player of the year:
Oluehi - 7; Ordega - 7; Ebi - 4; Chikwelu - 2; Oshoala -1

11. Super Eagles Goal of the Year:
Musa's 2nd vs Iceland - 6; Musa's 1st vs Iceland - 5; Kalu vs Libya - 4; Ighalo winning goal vs Libya - 3; Musa vs Seychelles - 2; Ekong vs DRC - 1

Cc Icon4s , Chriskels , forgiveness , komekn , tbaba1234 , safarigirl

2 Likes

Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 5:22am On Dec 09, 2018
safarigirl:

Considering that in Nigeria, the female players are easily better than the male players and even in a head to head, the females would easily be better than the males, I could see how joining the awards for both teams would make the male team look as disgraceful as they actually are.

I have sha modified.

PS: Just because it is the norm doesn't make it right and it certainly doesn't mean that it cannot be altered. It was once the norm that women don't vote, but someone changed it.

There is no way some of the Super Falcons players are better than the Super Eagles players. You can say the women win more matches than the men. Yes, but not that they are better and now be nominated amongst the male players.

If you want to know how weak that Super Falcons team is compared to the SE let them go and play the Golden Eaglets team.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 5:25am On Dec 09, 2018
JoebieII:
Up to date.

Musa's 2nd vs Iceland - 6; Musa's 1st vs Iceland - 5; Kalu vs Libya - 4; Ighalo winning goal vs Libya - 3; Musa vs Seychelles - 2; Ekong vs DRC - 1

Ok well done.

Today is Sunday will be much busy during a large of the day. The only nominations I have not captured yet is that of safari. Later this evening I will post my own collation and we decide on those that are tied.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by safarigirl(f): 8:46am On Dec 09, 2018
Icon4s:

There is no way some of the Super Falcons players are better than the Super Eagles players. You can say the women win more matches than the men. Yes, but not that they are better and now be nominated amongst the male players.

If you want to know how weak that Super Falcons team is compared to the SE let them go and play the Golden Eaglets team.
they are better because they have won more games and achieved more.

Or, what would the statistics tell you? Or is this award not based on play?

BTW: Is Iwobi a midfielder or an attacker? Because I listed him as an attacker and some of you are listing him as a midfielder and you didn't make any corrections regarding that

I have never seen Iwobi's name listed as a midfielder since Rohr became Super Eagles coach, even though he slips in there at times, generally when the lists are released, he is under "Attack" so, I am confused here. What position does he play?

And is it right to list him as both?
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Joebie: 9:52am On Dec 09, 2018
As regards Iwobi, he has played several times as an AM this year for SE. I think that should be the factor, not where he is placed on the list released by Rohr. The playing is done on the pitch, not the sheet.

Modified
Hence, Iwobi can be nominated for both categories.
I could even nominate Moses in the midfield category based on his exploits as wing-back versus Iceland at the WC.

safarigirl:

BTW: Is Iwobi a midfielder or an attacker? Because I listed him as an attacker and some of you are listing him as a midfielder and you didn't make any corrections regarding that

I have never seen Iwobi's name listed as a midfielder since Rohr became Super Eagles coach, even though he slips in there at times, generally when the lists are released, he is under "Attack" so, I am confused here. What position does he play?

Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by safarigirl(f): 12:06pm On Dec 09, 2018
Joebie:
As regards Iwobi, he has played several times as an AM this year for SE. I think that should be the factor, not where he is placed on the list released by Rohr. The playing is done on the pitch, not the sheet.

Modified
Hence, Iwobi can be nominated for both categories.
I could even nominate Moses in the midfield category based on his exploits as wing-back versus Iceland at the WC.

ok
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by ChrisKels: 1:04pm On Dec 09, 2018
JoebieII:
Up to date.

Nice job boy, nice job
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 2:39pm On Dec 09, 2018
safarigirl:

Iwobi is an Attacking Midfielder. You can categorise him as either a Midfielder or an Attacker. I listed him as an Attacker some others listed him among Midfielders. Any one is ok.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by forgiveness: 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2018
JoebieII:
Up to date.

From the look of things, it's almost perfect. That's if Musa wins Nigeria player of the year. grin
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Joebie: 7:00pm On Dec 09, 2018
He most likely will win it officially. For our thread, all monikers will have tre final say.

forgiveness:

From the look of things, it's almost perfect. That's if Musa wins Nigeria player of the year. grin
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Joebie: 7:07pm On Dec 09, 2018
Icon4s if I’m going to join u in counting the final votes, we will need to enforce the rule that all votes be done in one single post. Modifications only are permitted before the deadline day/time. It was a problem tallying our votes here, talk less of hundreds of monikers in our parent thread.

Modified
We would only count that single post, anything else would be ignored. My opinion though.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Joebie: 7:09pm On Dec 09, 2018
Thank u sir!
ChrisKels:

Nice job boy, nice job
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2018
Lady and Gentle men, my Total Collation:
1. Nigerian Player of the Year: Musa:6, Iwobi:6, Ndidi:5, Ighalo:2, Mikel:1, Moses:1.Selected nominees: Musa, Iwobi and Ndidi.

2. Home Based Super Eagles Player of the Year: Ukouwem:5, Lokosa:6, Ezenwa:4, Duru:2, Eze:2, Afelokhai:1, Ojo:1. Selected nominees: Ukouwem, Lokosa, Ezenwa.

3. Most Impactful New Inclusion(2018): Collins:6, Kalu:5, Ajayi:5, Chukwueze:2, Nwakali:1. Selected nominees: Collins, Kalu and Ajayi

4. Best Ogedengbe Best Goalkeeper award: Ezenwa:6, Uzoho:7, Akeyi: 5, Ajiboye:3.Selected nominees: Ezenwa, Uzoho and Akpeyi.

5. Stephen Keshi Best Defender award: Troost-Ekong:7, Balogun:7, Ebuehi:4, Omeruo:3. Selected nominees: Troost-Ekong, Balogun and Ebuehi.

6. Samuel Okwaraji Best Midfielder award: Mikel:7, Ndidi:6, Etebo:3, Iwobi:4, Ogu:1. Selected nominees: Mikel, Ndidi and Iwobi.

7. Rashidi Yekini Best Attacker award: Ighalo:6, Iwobi:2, Musa: 7, Kalu:2, Moses:4 Selected nominees Ighalo, Musa and Moses.

8. Most improved player in 2018: Success:3, Musa:5, Ighalo:5, Iwobi:4, Ekong:1, Etebo:1, Iheanacho:1, Uzoho:1. Selected nominees: Musa, Ighalo and Iwobi.

9. Young Player of the Year award (Under21): Chukwueze:5, Kalu:5, Uzoho:6, Osimhen:1, Ndidi:2, Onyekuru:1, Nwakali:1. Selected nominees: Chukwueze, Kalu and Uzoho.

10. Super Falcons Player of the Year: Oluehi:6, Ebi: 3, Ordega:7, Chikwelu:2, Oshoala:2, Oparanozie:1. Selected nominees: Oluehi, Ebi and Ordega

11. Super Eagles Goal of the Year: Musa 2nd goal vs Iceland: 6, Musa 1st Goal vs Seychelles:2, Kalu 4th Goal vs Libya:4, Ighalo 3 goal vs Libya away: 3, Musa 1st goal vs Iceland 5, Ekong 1st goal vs DRC:1. Selected nominees: Musa 1st Goal vs Iceland, Kalu 4th goal against Libya, Musa 2nd Goal against Iceland.

If we are ok with this we move forward with it.

Cc: Tbaba1234, Safarigirl, Joebie, ChrisKels, Forgiveness, Komekn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 9:38pm On Dec 09, 2018
Joebie:
Icon4s if I’m going to join u in counting the final votes, we will need to enforce the rule that all votes be done in one single post. Modifications only are permitted before the deadline day/time. It was a problem tallying our votes here, talk less of hundreds of monikers in our parent thread.

Modified
We would only count that single post, anything else would be ignored. My opinion though.

U are definitely going to be part of the votes counting. Due to a foreseeable large number of votes we all are likely going to be part of the counting. We will split it into sections. Like Mr A will count votes from page1, B will count page 2 etc. Then again 1 or 2 persons collate. We will also make the voting process less combasome. Like Eg: 9. Young player of the Year award: a. Samuel Chukwueze b. Samuel Kalu c. Franscis Uzoho. They only only have to do:
1.a
2.b
3.c
4.a
5.b.
Etc....
The easier the voting method the more people will want to be part of it.

Cc: Forgiveness, Safarigirl, Tbaba1234, ChrisKels, Joebie, Komekn
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 10:31pm On Dec 09, 2018
Next...the voting process.

I suggest we create a separate voting thread.
List out the award categories and nominees in the format as explained above.

And then commence the voting process.

Cc: Joebie, Komekn, Tbaba1234, ChrisKels, Safarigirl, Forgiveness.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by forgiveness: 7:21am On Dec 10, 2018
Icon4s:
Next...the voting process.

I suggest we create a separate voting thread.
List out the award categories and nominees in the format as explained above.

And then commence the voting process.

Cc: Joebie, Komekn, Tbaba1234, ChrisKels, Safarigirl, Forgiveness.

I think it is better here.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 7:26am On Dec 10, 2018
forgiveness:

I think it is better here.

If we keep it here it means we have to change the title of the thread completely. And people will have to be flipping from page1 to 8 to look for where the voting actually started.

I still think a New Voting thread is better while we still come here to discuss issues such as publicity of the results, deadline for voting and counting and collation.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Joebie: 1:35pm On Dec 10, 2018
I think voting by mentioning the players last name wouldn’t bring confusion. That abc option thing can create room for errors.

Icon4s:

U are definitely going to be part of the votes counting. Due to a foreseeable large number of votes we all are likely going to be part of the counting. We will split it into sections. Like Mr A will count votes from page1, B will count page 2 etc. Then again 1 or 2 persons collate. We will also make the voting process less combasome. Like Eg: 9. Young player of the Year award: a. Samuel Chukwueze b. Samuel Kalu c. Franscis Uzoho. They only only have to do:
1.a
2.b
3.c
4.a
5.b.
Etc....
The easier the voting method the more people will want to be part of it.

Cc: Forgiveness, Safarigirl, Tbaba1234, ChrisKels, Joebie, Komekn
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 4:07pm On Dec 10, 2018
Joebie:
I think voting by mentioning the players last name wouldn’t bring confusion. That abc option thing can create room for errors.

Ok. Good point.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Joebie: 4:26pm On Dec 10, 2018
I agree. But we will be posting the link of the new thread every now and then, so monikers don’t miss out in voting. We know how that our parent thread can be. Voting there would be hard to track especially when it comes down to collation
Icon4s:

If we keep it here it means we have to change the title of the thread completely. And people will have to be flipping from page1 to 8 to look for where the voting actually started.

I still think a New Voting thread is better while we still come here to discuss issues such as publicity of the results, deadline for voting and counting and collation.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Joebie: 4:34pm On Dec 10, 2018
cool

Icon4s:

Ok. Good point.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Joebie: 6:00pm On Dec 11, 2018
Good job icons4s . Please could you modify that voting post and add a deadline for the voting process?
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 6:13pm On Dec 11, 2018
Joebie:
Good job icons4s . Please could you modify that voting post and add a deadline for the voting process?

Thanks. I was even coming here for us to discuss deadline. Would anything in the neighborhood of 5-7days be ok? Is there any other thing u want me to modify in the post asides Deadline?

Cc: ChrisKels, Safarigirl, Komekn, Forgiveness, Tbaba1234,
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by tbaba1234: 6:21pm On Dec 11, 2018
Icon4s:

Thanks. I was even coming here for us to discuss deadline. Would anything in the neighborhood of 5-7days be ok? Is there any other thing u want me to modify in the post asides Deadline?

A deadline is enough.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Joebie: 6:23pm On Dec 11, 2018
The post is perfect.
I think 7-10 days should be fine. We can discuss/vote on this

Icon4s:

Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 6:43pm On Dec 11, 2018
Joebie:
The post is perfect.
I think 7-10 days should be fine. We can discuss/vote on this

Ok, I suggest 7days. IE till 18th December.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 6:45pm On Dec 11, 2018
tbaba1234:

A deadline is enough.

Ok. We are working on that here.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Joebie: 6:46pm On Dec 11, 2018
Ok by me
Icon4s:

Ok, I suggest 7days. IE till 18th December.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by Icon4s(m): 12:50pm On Dec 18, 2018
Lady and gentle men.

Voting has closed.

I suggest 2 persons to join me in the counting: Joebie and ChrisKels.

If it is ok by us let's signify please. And then move on to counting.

Cc: Forgiveness, Tbaba1234, safarigirl, Joebie, ChrisKels, Komekn.

Modified: The list of voters on page 4 has continued to increase even after the deadline I suggest forgiveness to join in the counting. So we take 1 person to count per page.
Re: NNFF Awards, Committee. by forgiveness: 12:52pm On Dec 18, 2018
Icon4s:
Lady and gentle men.

Voting has closed.

I suggest 2 persons to join me in the counting: Joebie and ChrisKels.

If it is ok by us let's signify please. And then move on to counting.

Cc: Forgiveness, Tbaba1234, safarigirl, Joebie, ChrisKels, Komekn.

No wahala as long as there is no mago mago. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply)

US-Beijing Standoff: White House Announces Diplomatic Boycott Of Winter Olympics / Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.