Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror (3911 Views)

Back For A Bit. Whats Up And What's All The Madness About? -hardmirror / Questions For Hardmirror / Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 7:24pm On Nov 29, 2018
gensteejay:

I don't have time for your immature, puerile tripe. Don't ever quote me again!
grin was expecting this and i intentionally provoked you.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 29, 2018
frank317:

This is not an insult but u talk too much nonsense
Ignore it and face your life, dolt
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 29, 2018
If one says some Nl atheists suffer from a psychological, maniac condition, one may not be far from the truth.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 7:33pm On Nov 29, 2018
gensteejay:
If one says some Nl atheists suffer from a psychological, maniac condition, one may not be far from the truth.
because they expose your bullshiit?
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 29, 2018
HardMirror:
because they expose your bullshiit?
I don't care about your opinion as regards what I said nor do I give a damn about your nonsensical atheistic ideals.

Don't quote me again to behave like an immature kid!
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 7:38pm On Nov 29, 2018
gensteejay:

I don't care about your opinion as regards what I said nor do I give a damn about your nonsensical atheistic ideals.

Don't quote me again to behave like an immature kid!
ok sir! grin
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by LordReed(m): 7:49pm On Nov 29, 2018
gensteejay:

There are many cases involving death that are termed NDE. Looking at such cases, one can see the facile definition of near-death experience doesn't really describe the specific reports of the people that were pronounced clinically dead and later came back to life.

When I use "NDE" here, I mean cases of "Akudaya" that actually died and came back to life, not those people that experienced approaching death.

The former can be regarded as a happenstance, whereby a person has had more than one life on earth.

In a number of such cases reported by the media, the said persons were found to be leading a completely new life in a different location, with a new job, new life, etc.

About reincarnation: these statements could lend credence to the concept of reincarnation and be taken as proof, showing it's a real phenomenon:

1. If a member of a family dies, there are some instances where a new baby is born soon after the demise of this person and shares a number of similar traits with the deceased. Such traits could have to do with their character, a body mark present in the new baby at exactly the same spot in the dead person.

2. Such small children seem to be wiser than their age and could look older than their age, even though their parents are a young couple, who are comfortable. This rules out poverty and old age in parents as the factors responsible for this occurrence.

I have witnessed, firsthand, a number of such cases with kids born in my family.

There are other proofs stated in the works of prominent psychologists, such as Carl Jung, etc., who investigated the concept using repressed memories of subjects from their past lives.

I already knew it would devolve into a back and forth about interpretation of data and definition. You'll continue to claim that NDEs mean a person is living a new life because he died and came back. I think that is you massaging the data and definition to fit your narrative but I am not interested in discussing it further. What I wanted from the beginning was proof of reincarnation. I'll wait for that.

1 Like

Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 29, 2018
LordReed:

I already knew it would devolve into a back and forth about interpretation of data and definition. You'll continue to claim that NDEs mean a person is living a new life because he died and came back. I think that is you massaging the data and definition to fit your narrative but I am not interested in discussing it further. What I wanted from the beginning was proof of reincarnation. I'll wait for that.
It all boils down to your views about life, soul, consciousness, and death. That was why I asked that question at the beginning of this discussion.

Atheists have different perspectives on these concepts. Some don't even believe the soul exists.

I'm not here to convince anyone to welcome any belief. It's not really my concern what an adult chooses to believe in.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by LordReed(m): 8:00pm On Nov 29, 2018
HardMirror:
good one lord reed.

People like bringing completely unrelated things just because they are seemingly unexplained then they can claim it explains their supernatural claims. NDEs are a favourite, despite the fact that NDEs are widely different and are usually based on the cultural leanings of the person involved but everybody wants to claim it validates their own idea of the afterlife. Nah I ain't biting.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by LordReed(m): 8:04pm On Nov 29, 2018
gensteejay:

It all boils down to your views about life, soul, consciousness, and death. That was why I asked that question at the beginning of this discussion.

Atheists have different perspectives on these concepts. Some don't even believe the soul exists.

I'm not here to convince anyone to welcome any belief. It's not really my concern what an adult chooses to believe in.

I don't believe there is anything spiritual or supernatural but I am willing to be convinced otherwise but with true hard facts not with conjectures and unrelated bits of data.

1 Like

Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 29, 2018
Lol, atheists and their dogma.

As atheists, they must turn a blind eye to a number of issues that challenge their philosophy, which is exactly what religionists, who they criticise daily, do.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 29, 2018
LordReed:

I don't believe there is anything spiritual or supernatural but I am willing to be convinced otherwise but with true hard facts not with conjectures and unrelated bits of data.
Trying to convince someone who doesn't believe in the spiritual?

Well, I think only religionists see the need for that. Personally, I don't see such as important.

Life is in stages and everyone will see/experience their own truths when the time is ripe for such.

Nice discussing with you.

3 Likes

Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by LordReed(m): 8:36pm On Nov 29, 2018
gensteejay:

Trying to convince someone who doesn't believe in the spiritual?

Well, I think only religionists see the need for that. Personally, I don't see such as important.

Life is in stages and everyone will see/experience their own truths when the time is ripe for such.

Nice discussing with you.

Nice discussing with you too.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by pressplay411(m): 8:13pm On Dec 08, 2018
gensteejay:
OP and Martinez19 are right. To an extent.

Though I'm irreligious, I believe without any shred of doubt that God exists (not the gods of religions).

God or nature sees nothing as right or wrong, good or evil, up or down, light or dark. All these are relative depending on one's frame of reference or ethical standard.

There is no right or wrong. But Karma, the law of cause, is universal unlike concepts like right and wrong that are relative and vary in definition from one to individual to the other, from one nation to the other, from one culture to the other.

You all know the truth.
You only run from it because you want to be free.
Unfortunately outside the truth, freedom is an illusion.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 08, 2018
pressplay411:

You all know the truth.
You only run from it because you want to be free.
Unfortunately outside the truth, freedom is an illusion.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by pressplay411(m): 9:20pm On Dec 08, 2018
gensteejay:

Have you heard the gospel?
Have you heard of Jesus Christ?
Have you heard of God's Love?

I believe you have, but do you believe it?

What is the Truth?
The truth is You and I need Jesus Christ to escape from bondage, sin, depression, confusion, shame, fear, hatred, darkness, and escape death and eternal judgment.

Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Him. John 14:6

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son, that WHOSOEVER believes in Him shall not die but have eternal life. John 3:16

That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.
He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. John 1:9-13

All it takes is to genuinely believe and admit you need His help. To humbly admit your present truth to Him.
And to accept and confess Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour.
Your life will never remain the same after this.

I'm a testimony of this simple yet powerful saving Grace in the blood and name of Jesus.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 08, 2018
pressplay411:

[s]Have you heard the gospel?
Have you heard of Jesus Christ?
Have you heard of God's Love?

I believe you have, but do you believe it?

What is the Truth?
The truth is You and I need Jesus Christ to escape from bondage, sin, depression, confusion, shame, fear, hatred, darkness, and escape death and eternal judgment.

Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Him. John 14:6

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son, that WHOSOEVER believes in Him shall not die but have eternal life. John 3:16

That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.
He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. John 1:9-13

All it takes is to genuinely believe and admit you need His help. To humbly admit your present truth to Him.
And to accept and confess Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour.
Your life will never remain the same after this.

I'm a testimony of this simple yet powerful saving Grace in the blood and name of Jesus.[/s]
Don't quote to say this trash again. First do something about the thousands of errors in elementary science and contradictions in your Bible before we look at your fictitious Jesus historically.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by pressplay411(m): 11:17pm On Dec 08, 2018
gensteejay:

Don't quote to say this trash again. First do something about the thousands of errors in elementary science and contradictions in your Bible before we look at your fictitious Jesus historically.

Exactly why you keep chasing after other doctrines, philosophies and schools of thought.
You hate the truth.
I pray you realise it soon. And that only the Truth can set you free.

Science is an explanation, science tries to understand the what and how.
The Word of God tells you the What, How, Why and When.

Any contradiction between Science and the Word of God should be regarded as an error of sciemce and discarded as falsehood.

Science can be false to the extent that while it says you have malaria and fever which could be realistic, the word of God says you're healthy.
Once you believe the word of God more than what science says, you are healed.

The truth is too deep, it can't be explained until you believe and you're born-again.
Good night sir.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by LordReed(m): 6:45am On Dec 09, 2018
pressplay411:

Exactly why you keep chasing after other doctrines, philosophies and schools of thought.
You hate the truth.

Any contradiction between Science and the Word of God should be regarded as an error of sciemce and discarded as falsehood.

Science can be false to the extent that while it says you have malaria and fever which could be realistic, the word of God says you're healthy.

The truth is too deep, it can't be explained until you believe and you're born-again.
Good night sir.

Tell this rubbish to the people who died rejecting medical help because of faith.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 6:47am On Dec 09, 2018
pressplay411:

[s]Exactly why you keep chasing after other doctrines, philosophies and schools of thought.
You hate the truth.

Good night sir[/s].
All these point to delusion. All what you're telling me about Christianity is what I know already; you're not saying anything new.

When will these ignorant Africans be wise?

Read your history; read the history of colonialism and slavery and see the role religion played when British colonisers and slavemasters colonised our forefathers.

Read and cure yourself of ignorance, Mr. Man. You would be doing yourself a huge favor.

Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by orisa37: 9:24am On Dec 09, 2018
Wrong not Right. Life not Death. Good not Bad. Light not Darkness. Faith not Forget. Hope not Abandon. Peace not Worry. Love not Hate. Jesus Christ in us, our Conscience, is The Sceptre of Righteousness, not Wrongteousness in us.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 12, 2018
HardMirror:
I say this a an opinion only because i want to be politically correct. If i would be blunt, this is not an opinion but an irrefutable fact!

Right and wrongs dont exist! They never had and will never exist.

What you call moral judgement is an illusion, a worse illusion is what we call SIN. There is nothing like sin.

You have a choice and right to do whatever you want to do in life. Yes. You can choose to be anything. A serial killer, an armed robber, a rapist, think of the worst things you can imagine (you only think they are terrible, they aint).

Life is ruled by actions and reactions not good and evil, not right and wrong.

There are consequences for everything you do (not spiritual consequences).

Think about this. The Europeans almost wiped out the Native american indians. Was it right or wrong? Today America has had several presidents but none of them is a true indigene of america. The indigenous americans have never been president. Their lands were taken from them and they were sent to reserves like animals.
Was it right or wrong? If all the native americans were wiped off, who would judge the europeans?

It is all about power.

If a race war should break out today, why should the weaker races not be wiped out?

As long as the consequences are acceptable, anything can be done.

We do good, because the consequences of doing good are more favourable to us. Not because good is a divine rule
humandroid what do you think of this?
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 12, 2018
raptex:
humandroid what do you think of this?

Everything that Hardmirror wrote on that particulate post you quoted is 100% accurate. I always refuse to state that openly, because I am careful enough not to tell such hard truth because I want people to continue to live in the illusion of morality, to maintain the peace of society.

2 Likes

Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 12, 2018
gensteejay:

Go get yourself checked up in a rehab. You don smoke igbo abi. Your posts are not coherent.

Who even mentioned having belief in Christianity, money ritual here if not you? Oponu

I will ignore you henceforth. I don't engage in back-and-forth with mentally unstable people.

You've a big attitude issue.

What Martinez19 wrote are 100% accurate. You are looking at these things from the lenses of emotions and morality. The Universe may have operated on different principles in the past, which is why we may have condensed inclinations of how things should be as opposed to how they are.

He is absolutely right.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 12, 2018
humandroid:

What Martinez19 wrote are 100% accurate. You are looking at these things from the lenses of emotions and morality. The Universe may have operated on different principles in the past, which is why we may have condensed inclinations of how things should be as opposed to how they are.

He is absolutely right.
He and I said a lot. So he's right about what exactly? About his belief in atheism? Or that there is nothing like spirituality or metaphysical aspects are mere conjectures?

Or behaving like an uncouth fool online
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 12, 2018
humandroid:

Everything that Hardmirror wrote on that particulate post you quoted is 100% accurate. I always refuse to state that openly, because I am careful enough not to tell such hard truth because I want people to continue to live in the illusion of morality, to maintain the peace of society.
I don't even what the guy stated that a lot of people, who know philosophy, are not familiar with already.

No right, no wrong? Common knowledge
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 12, 2018
humandroid:

I want people to continue to live in the illusion of morality, to maintain the peace of society.
Why is that?
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by correctguy101(m): 11:24am On Dec 13, 2018
pressplay411:

You hate the truth.

Good night sir.

Jesu!!!!

Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by correctguy101(m): 11:33am On Dec 13, 2018
gensteejay:

I don't even what the guy stated that a lot of people, who know philosophy, are not familiar with already.

No right, no wrong? Common knowledge

Exactly. It's "common knowledge " to any who tells the self no lies. There's no good or bad but the magic is, there seem to be. I just love nature, it's humors are always terribly wonderful "wink cheesy

I'm not sure I understand what the bolded implies. There are several meanings my mind can come up with.
Re: Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 13, 2018
correctguy101:

Exactly. It's "common knowledge " to any who tells the self no lies. There's no good or bad but the magic is, there seem to be. I just love nature, it's humors are always terribly wonderful "wink cheesy

I'm not sure I understand what the bolded implies. There are several meanings my mind can come up with.
I mean people that study books on philosophy and metaphysics, and follow this sort of threads that deals with philosophy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sexuality / Are You Attracting Others To Jesus? / Rev. Dr. Chidi Okoroafor Suspended By Assemblies Of God Over Sexual Immorality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.