Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,328 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Questions For Hardmirror - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Hardmirror (5812 Views)

Back For A Bit. Whats Up And What's All The Madness About? -hardmirror / Life: There Are No Rights Or Wrongs. Good Or Evil - Opinion By Hardmirror / Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions For Hardmirror by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 24, 2018
Question 1-In one of your threads,you claimed you can still speak in tongues as an atheist,how is this possible? Hardmirror
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 4:30pm On Aug 24, 2018
raptex:
Question 1-In one of your threads,you claimed you can still speak in tongues as an atheist,how is this possible? Hardmirror
oh yeah. Speaking in tongues is actually an ability that can be retained over time just like mastery of the keys of a music instrument due to frequent practice over a period of time.

I got baptised in the holy ghost as a young christian, perhaps, about 15- 16years old and prayed in tongues for at least an hour everyday till i was 22-23 when i finally became an atheist.

This has made it easy for me to 'play' with the act. It is not had once your brain is comfortable with allowing your mouth to say things that does not make sense.

Speaking in tongues is difficult for many because our brains resist it. It does not make sense to say ' marishe broski mara shikerebo... ' or what ever jargons one calls speaking in tongues. But with time your brain gets comfortable with it and over time you may even start to try making sense from the gibberish in belief that you are speaking by the spirit.

ADDITIONALLY

It is possible for an atheist to cast out demons.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by RuthlessLeader(m): 4:40pm On Aug 24, 2018
raptex:
Glossolalia
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 24, 2018
HardMirror:
oh yeah. Speaking in tongues is actually an ability that can be retained over time just like mastery of the keys of a music instrument due to frequent practice over a period of time.

I got baptised in the holy ghost as a young christian, perhaps, about 15- 16years old and prayed in tongues for at least an hour everyday till i was 22-23 when i finally became an atheist.

This has made it easy for me to 'play' with the act. It is not had once your brain is comfortable with allowing your mouth to say things that does not make sense.

Speaking in tongues is difficult for many because our brains resist it. It does not make sense to say ' marishe broski mara shikerebo... ' or what ever jargons one calls speaking in tongues. But with time your brain gets comfortable with it and over time you may even start to try making sense from the gibberish in belief that you are speaking by the spirit.

ADDITIONALLY

It is possible for an atheist to cast out demons.
How is it possible?
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by festwiz(m): 4:48pm On Aug 24, 2018
HardMirror:

It is possible for an atheist to cast out demons

grin grin

Lol
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 4:53pm On Aug 24, 2018
raptex:
How is it possible?
how is what possible?
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 24, 2018
HardMirror:
how is what possible?
casting out demons
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 5:11pm On Aug 24, 2018
raptex:
casting out demons
oh! Simple.

It is as easy as making a child scared of shadows.

Tell a child that there is a monster under his/her bed that lurks there waiting to snatch him/her when alone and see how that child starts dreaming and seeing that monster come to life.

The so called demon possessed person is only possessed by 'Knowledge' not demons. Everything that person knows about the demons tormenting him/her are from information gathered about the concept over time.

Knowledge is the key word here.

That person is submissive to an higher authority because it is human nature to be submissive to authority. Anyone that can believe in demon possession is already a submissive person. That person shows traits conducive for hypnotism which requires submission to suggestions.

Just like a master hypnotist that assumes the role of authority, so is anyone who is a pastor, imam or any religious figure.
The atheist only as to play along any of these roles that appeals to the subject's belief.

No laughing, no joking, you just have to put up a good act. Play along the lines of the subject's weaknesses, use familiar terms that are generic in the society the subject lives in. And see how the subject would start acting funny. It is all in the head not real.

The more authoritative u are, the better the results you get.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 24, 2018
How do I break the news that I'm no more a Christian to my parents.My Dad doesn't take it lightly with me and my siblings if we decide not to attend church programmes
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 5:46pm On Aug 24, 2018
raptex:
How do I break the news that I'm no more a Christian to my parents.My Dad doesn't take it lightly with me and my siblings if we decide not to attend church programmes
why do you want to tell them then? I get along fine with my christian friends and muslims too.

I even go to church sometimes. I dont go about telling people i dont believe in their religion.

Dont rock your boat. It costs you nothing to play along.

My family all know i am an atheist because i am an independent man. But in your case dont cause yourself any troubles

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 24, 2018
HardMirror:
why do you want to tell them then? I get along fine with my christian friends and muslims too.

I even go to church sometimes. I dont go about telling people i dont believe in their religion.

Dont rock your boat. It costs you nothing to play along.

My family all know i am an atheist because i am an independent man. But in your case dont cause yourself any troubles
OK but I feel like I'm living a lie cos I go to church almost everyday
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 6:02pm On Aug 24, 2018
raptex:
OK but I feel like I'm living a lie cos I go to church almost everyday
lolz!!! Sorry but that is your cross to bear for now. Before you are labelled and treated as the black sheep of the family. I know how the elders of my family perceive me now. One even claims i am into Ogboni that is why i claim to be an atheist. If you know you are ready for their wahala fine. Hope you dont get bundled to tb joshua for deliverance. Not joking

13 Likes

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by malvisguy212: 9:05pm On Aug 24, 2018
lol. were is pleatton ? come and see your atheists brother who can speak in tongues............I'm beginning to think, very soon atheism will be address as religion.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by malvisguy212: 9:10pm On Aug 24, 2018
raptex:
its is very easy to make your self believed there is no God, even if you cannot disprove His existence .......see how silly it sound ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 9:35pm On Aug 24, 2018
malvisguy212:
its is very easy to make your self believed there is no God, even if you cannot disprove His existence .......see how silly it sound ?
there are a trillion things you cant disprove. I guess everything you cant disprove must be true.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 9:38pm On Aug 24, 2018
malvisguy212:
lol. were is pleatton ? come and see your atheists brother who can speak in tongues............I'm beginning to think, very soon atheism will be address as religion.
an atheist being able to speak in tongues is as good as an atheist recalling christian songs he sang as a christian you dont just get it

10 Likes

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Maamin(m): 11:55pm On Aug 24, 2018
grin if it's the truth you seek and also are convinced in your heart about it and can stand and defend it...you shouldn't be afraid to come open about it to your parents.

I believe there is God, and I can stand anywhere to defend my belief.

You believe there is no God, and you can't even man up to defend it. undecided

embarassed embarassed
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by MuttleyLaff: 5:03am On Aug 25, 2018
raptex:
How do I break the news that I'm no more a Christian to my parents.
My Dad doesn't take it lightly with me and my siblings if we decide not to attend church programmes
Was it Abraham Lincoln, the 16th president of America, that said:
"I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist,
but I cannot conceive how a man could look up into the heavens and say there is no God
"
'

malvisguy212:
its is very easy to make your self believe there is no God, even if you cannot disprove His existence .......
see how silly it sound?
One fair lady said:
"We can have all the information knowledge in the world,
but it means nothing without the wisdom to know what to do with it
"

HardMirror:
there are a trillion things you cant disprove.
I guess everything you cant disprove must be true.
... but this isnt something about the other trilion plus things you cant disprove

To ordinarily know, is not to be wise
because wisdom, actually, is the right use of knowledge.
No wonder, the bible repeatedly observes that:
The fool, the opposite of the wise, says in his heart, "There is no God."

Asimov's the saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom,
sums up the time we live in

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by hopefulLandlord: 5:59am On Aug 25, 2018
ara655:
Bro, why do you want to tell them you're no longer a Christian? if its to stop going to church I should let you know many Nairaland atheists that still live with their parents who are ultrareligious go to churches and mosques

Telling them you're no longer a Christian might even make them more determined to make sure you attend church with them and even increase the number of times you attend church in a week because they would want you to "meet god" and be "saved". it could be worse, they might start organising special prayers or exorcisms for you with prophets and pastors in attempts to "deliver" you from the powers of the devil that's controlling you

However its not all doom and gloom, your parents might surprisingly have a calm reaction to all that especially if only one of them is into these religious stuffs and the other just tags along out of unity. if that's the case then I suggest breaking it to the party that tags along first (you'd know who already if that's the case).

Best of luck to you bro

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by hopefulLandlord: 6:34am On Aug 25, 2018
Maamin:
grin if it's the truth you seek and also are convinced in your heart about it and can stand and defend it...you shouldn't be afraid to come open about it to your parents.

embarassed embarassed
It doesn't work that way. its not that black and white bro

6 Likes

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by HardMirror(m): 7:06am On Aug 25, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Was it Abraham Lincoln, the 16th president of America, that said:
"I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist,
but I cannot conceive how a man could look up into the heavens and say there is no God
"
'

One fair lady said:
"We can have all the information knowledge in the world,
but it means nothing without the wisdom to know what to do with it
"

... but this isnt something about the other trilion plus things you cant disprove

To ordinarily know, is not to be wise
because wisdom, actually, is the right use of knowledge.
No wonder, the bible repeatedly observes that:
The fool, the opposite of the wise, says in his heart, "There is no God."

Asimov's the saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom,
sums up the time we live in

i see you are a slave to authority. All your arguments are appeals to authority. You lack confidence in your own self.

A free thinker does not because a figure of authority says something accept what is being said. I would rather be one than a zombie.

Common sense should tell you true human survival and existence as not been a function of things we cannot disprove, rather it has been solely based on things we can prove.

Reason why we are so against religion. Too much resources going into a subject that has nothing to give. Not backed by truth but speculation

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by dannyyol2018: 7:25am On Aug 25, 2018
raptex:

See how deluded and derailed you are.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by MuttleyLaff: 7:35am On Aug 25, 2018
HardMirror:
i see you are a slave to authority
You see wrong.
Though I am a free born, whether you accept it or not, both you and I, are slaves to the authority of God

HardMirror:
All your arguments are appeals to authority.
The only person doing arguments on this thread and often elsewhere on this forum is you

HardMirror:
You lack confidence in your own self.
Sums you up
Have you just been back from a voyage of self-discovery about yourself?

HardMirror:
A free thinker does not because a figure of authority says something accept what is being said.
I would rather be one than a zombie.
In my own right, I am a figure of authority
and my middle name is Maverick.

HardMirror:
Common sense should tell you true human survival and existence as not been a function of things we cannot disprove,
rather it has been solely based on things we can prove
Common sense should tell you this isnt always true
and that true human survival and existence has been a function of relying on informed blind faith when confronted with things we cannot prove

HardMirror:
Reason why we are so against religion.
Too much resources going into a subject that has nothing to give.
Not backed by truth but speculation
You have to be wicked, self centred, have no compasion, no conscience etcetera for you or anyone else for that matter, to be against religion
Not that you know, what true, pure and religion that is without fault is
"Religion is like having a classroom", he claims. Indeed. SMH.

I suffer ignoramuses gladly
I am patient with them but not with those who are proud of their ignorance(s).
You can come back for more slam dunks
[img]https://s1/images/MuttWipesHandSmile.gif[/img]

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by CAPSLOCKED: 7:49am On Aug 25, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Bro, why do you want to tell them you're no longer a Christian? if its to stop going to church I should let you know many Nairaland atheists that still live with their parents who are ultrareligious go to churches and mosques

Telling them you're no longer a Christian might even make them more determined to make sure you attend church with them because they would want you to "meet god" and be saved. it could be worse, they might start organising special prayers or exorcisms for you with prophets and pastors in attempts to "deliver" you from the powers of the devil that's controlling you

However its not all doom and gloom, your parents might surprisingly have a calm reaction to all that especially if only one of them is into these religious stuffs and the other just tags along out of unity. if that's the case then I suggest breaking it to the party that tags along first (you'd know who already if that's the case).

Best of luck to you bro

THERE'S NO NEED BREAKING THE NEWS SINCE YOU'RE NOT GETTING ANY AWARDS FOR LEAVING THE FAMILY'S FAITH. IT'LL ONLY COME WITH TORTURE AND DISCOMFORT FOR EVERYONE. THE INTERNET IS THERE FOR YOU BEAT YOUR CHEST ALL YOU WANT. DON'T TRY IT WITH YOUR FAMILY, THE WAY THEM CARRY RELIGION FOR HEAD IT'LL SO MUCH BREAK THEIR HEARTS.
TO THEM IT'S BETTER YOU'RE A THIEF AND A GAY THAN AN ATHEIST. LIKE.... YOU NO LONGER BELIEVE IN GOD, BUT IN SATAN? undecidedundecided
PROBLEM!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by rekinomtla(m): 8:06am On Aug 25, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

THERE'S NO NEED BREAKING THE NEWS SINCE YOU'RE NOT GETTING ANY AWARDS FOR LEAVING THE FAMILY'S FAITH. IT'LL ONLY COME WITH TORTURE AND DISCOMFORT FOR EVERYONE. THE INTERNET IS THERE FOR YOU BEAT YOUR CHEST ALL YOU WANT. DON'T TRY IT WITH YOUR FAMILY, THE WAY THEM CARRY RELIGION FOR HEAD IT'LL SO MUCH BREAK THEIR HEARTS.
TO THEM IT'S BETTER YOU'RE A THIEF AND A GAY THAN AN ATHEIST. LIKE.... YOU NO LONGER BELIEVE IN GOD, BUT IN SATAN? undecidedundecided
PROBLEM!

He should tell his parents how stupid and delusional he thinks they are.
Re: Questions For Hardmirror by hopefulLandlord: 8:35am On Aug 25, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

PROBLEM!

exactly

6 Likes

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by NPComplete: 9:56am On Aug 25, 2018
malvisguy212:

This one has a problem with comprehension.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by NPComplete: 10:00am On Aug 25, 2018
Maamin:

embarassed embarassed

Another stupid comparison by people incapable of deep thought. Are u a Christian? If u are I will like to see u try and defend ur faith in deep Afghanistan or Pakistan. If u can't go there and do that, just shut the hell up. That should give u an inkling about what atheists and even fringe religions face in an unevolved society like Nigeria. So stop boasting about needing to defend theism. There is usually no reason for us to defend theism in Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by hopefulLandlord: 10:08am On Aug 25, 2018
NPComplete:

Another stupid comparison by people incapable of deep thought. Are u a Christian? If u are I will like to see u try and defend ur faith in deep Afghanistan or Pakistan. If u can't go there and do that, just shut the hell up. That should give u an inkling about what atheists and even fringe religions face in an unevolved society like Nigeria. So stop boasting about needing to defend theism. There is usually no reason for us to defend theism in Nigeria.

I wonder why maamin hasn't gone to sambisa forest to defend his belief there rather than call others cowards on the internet straight from the comfort of his parent's house in a family filled with Christians, house located in an area where Christians constitute overwhelming majority, area where there are more churches than schools, hospitals, nursing homes combined

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by Dalamama: 10:32am On Aug 25, 2018
Maamin:

embarassed embarassed

Ogbeni, man up, go to any Mosques in Kaduna or Kano and defend Jesus by telling the people inside the mosques that they are lying when they say that Jesus is not the son of God and let's see how it ends up for you. Until you do that don't come here and be lying that you can sya d anywhere and defend your faith. It is a lie and you are a liar. Yu can't go to any mosque in the north and defend your faith against those that claim your faith is false.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions For Hardmirror by CAPSLOCKED: 10:37am On Aug 25, 2018
Maamin:

embarassed embarassed

YOU CAN STAND ANYWHERE IN YOUR HOUSE AND ON THIS FORUM TO BEAT YOUR CHEST.

TRY IT ON THE STREETS OF KANO OR SOKOTO AND THY GOD WILL DISAPPOINT YOU BADLY. HE'LL FOLD HIS ARMS AND WATCH IN HD WHILE DRINKING PALMWINE HOW ABOKI'S BUTCHER YOU LIKE SALLAH MEAT.

12 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven / Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! / 40 Spiritual Reasons Why You Are Not Yet Married.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.