Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy (34485 Views)

Japa: Nigerians Lament As Canada Suspends Visa Operations In Abuja / Oshodi Bus Terminal Decaying, Motorists, Passengers Lament / Snakes Invade Flooded Homes Of Villagers In Bayelsa As Residents Lament. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by obonujoker(m): 8:34am On Nov 26, 2018
Is US the only country.... Why not try Saudi Arabia or Oman or SA....

Na by force

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 26, 2018
weyreypey:

Hehehe interesting
they would rather give visa to old people who are only coming to spend money in their country than to give it young people .

3 Likes

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 26, 2018
The best way to go to America is to go to any European country then from that country apply to America,

15 Likes

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by cicero(m): 8:42am On Nov 26, 2018
It could also that they are not issuing visa to students they consider average. I would recommend that until whatever is the reason is unravelled, every student intending to study abroad should go over and beyond and appear at the consulate with good scores and a sharp mind.

3 Likes

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by pedrilo: 8:43am On Nov 26, 2018
they called afrika a shiithole and we did notin happened.
We r completely finished
Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by STENON(f): 8:43am On Nov 26, 2018
This is so sad
Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by precious1967(m): 8:46am On Nov 26, 2018
Part of that inability to convince was due to false/forged/counterfeited documents, and lies of what I call kindergarten quality. It’s too bad that many honest Nigerians are stymied by the dishonesty of others,” she wrote in the post, dated April 14, 2018. God save us.

1 Like

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by Larryfest(m): 8:47am On Nov 26, 2018
Make dem find school for another country abeg no be only America school dey . America for now is like heaven very difficult to enter!

1 Like

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by temmytee2309: 8:47am On Nov 26, 2018
They are scamming us through Visa application and our guys are also Scamming them through Love Dating....
Let the game Continue

13 Likes

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by travelland(f): 8:47am On Nov 26, 2018
Yes it seems visa is harder to get now. But let's look inwards, they were giving us visas when some of us decided to match to Canadian border for asylum, after this we will decide to violate conditions and still post details online.

10 Likes

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by fuke(m): 8:50am On Nov 26, 2018
Everybody de go do flying course to fly which plane.
It is a racket. One ramshacke air school in an obscure corner in USA.
E robi oyinbo ya were.
They have seen through everything.

If yo apply to a good school, you pay the fees and you show evidence
of being able to cope for duration of the course, you will get your visa one time,

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by timesup234: 8:51am On Nov 26, 2018
Studying in America does not guarantee anything. It is one big scam. Use the money instead to start a business. The first 10million richest Nigerians didnt study in America. Even Americans know the US. educational system is a fraud. Nigerians are not wise

14 Likes

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by Afonja007: 8:52am On Nov 26, 2018
sotall:

Apart from indiscriminate Visa Denials, the treatment of Nigerians at the embassy is nothing to write home about.
You are made to stand on queue right from when you get to the embassy till you are in front of a consular officer.

The number of checkpoints in that embassy is more than the road block on a typical Nigerian expressway.

They will ask you to remove your belt, wristwatches, smartphone,pen just whatever is on you apart from your clothings.
Then you meet the consular officer who simply happily dashes you the blue paper.
what naija saints with hijab dem dey commot am?
Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by ambgiano(m): 8:54am On Nov 26, 2018
truthsayer009:
It seems the US embassy has black listed Nigeria
who tell you say i dey come back? Return come do wetin exactly? Bros, abeg stay and build eehn. we will encourage you from the saner climes.

1 Like

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by visit0r: 8:55am On Nov 26, 2018
Dont worry guys, The Nigerian scammers Association (NSA) will recover your money from them. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by Greatpooss(m): 8:56am On Nov 26, 2018
I blame our leaders for this. Should we have got a good government investing in education and job creation, there wouldn't have been cases of Nigerians travelling abroad in search of greener pastures and quality education .

In 2010, I applied for US student visa thrice but got denied and since then I no longer think about travelling abroad to study or search for greener pastures because I have realized that I can make my dreams come true in Nigeria though it's not easy but God is faithful.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by dometome: 8:58am On Nov 26, 2018
Nigeria na wa. Last time I visited the new US embassy in Libreville Gabon, it was like a huge prison yard, I did not see a single soul, only parked cars, there was a pin drop silence, but I hear that in Abuja and Lagos is like a huge market.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 26, 2018
Nigerians and stupidity, everyone thinks that unless you go to the US you re doomed.

Carlos Slim's children did not go to the US for their education, they studied in their country.

lets try to fix our problems cos no one else can, imagine all the monies wasted, the humiliation, insults and degradation parents and children are passing thru on home soil.

What becomes of the fate of those children who go? the become drug addicts, prostittutes and criminals forgetting their roots in the end,.not a good price to pay.

9 Likes

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by LyfeJennings(m): 9:00am On Nov 26, 2018
I think the American Embassy in Nigeria is one of the biggest cash cow for the American Government in Africa. The 57million naira analysis is very true and no government would close such a huge establishment for anything. Oga, dem don deny us sef before so no biggie. Carry ur cross

3 Likes

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by AngelicBeing: 9:01am On Nov 26, 2018
grin
Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by MarianaTrench: 9:03am On Nov 26, 2018
Stay in Nigeria and develop the country
Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by Ugosample(m): 9:04am On Nov 26, 2018
dokyOloye:
After voting in d lifeless one una wan run.
Lie lie.
We will sail or sink together in the zoo.

typical naija mentality cheesy
Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 26, 2018
timesup234:
Studying in America does not guarantee anything. It is one big scam. Use the money instead to start a business. The first 10million richest Nigerians didnt study in America. Even Americans know the US. educational system is a fraud. Nigerians are not wise

tell them, going to US to hustle is not levels.

3 Likes

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by dokyOloye: 9:06am On Nov 26, 2018
Ugosample:

typical naija mentality cheesy
Na American mentality I for get b4? grin grin
Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by Ugosample(m): 9:06am On Nov 26, 2018
timesup234:

this nigga again? ??
Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by Kenekingisback: 9:06am On Nov 26, 2018
US government sef angry
Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by creamylicious(f): 9:09am On Nov 26, 2018
Imagine me doing operation go to America 2019..... make I abort mission abeg.
Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by dallyemmy: 9:12am On Nov 26, 2018
LET US MAKE OUR COUNTRY GREAT AND THESE COUNTRIES WILL BECOME VISA FREE FOR NIGERIANS...WE HAVE THE POTENTIALS!

1 Like

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by SocialJustice: 9:20am On Nov 26, 2018
jeffizy:
Lengthy but informative and good read.

I blame Us. I mean we Nigerians. Quality education abound worldwide, not limited to USA alone.
The guy in the first story wasn't going there to school, we both know that. Most of these people get there and run away, that is the reason for picking USA.

1 Like

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by toksworld1(m): 9:21am On Nov 26, 2018
martineverest:
the truth is most nugerian students hoping to study ok no USA aren't well prepared for the interviews....also, American Embassy now scrutinize Nigerians more than ever cos most Nigerians got ulterior motives..thus the refusal..this have affected the genuine students

American Embassy expect visa applicants to be smart, outspoken and intelligent in answering questions

Guy forget that thing. You can never understand till you experience. Mine was on 4th sept. You can imagine how dejected I felt after going through the blue paper.
Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by thebestprice(m): 9:27am On Nov 26, 2018
are the charms and juju and spells no more working.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man, Wife, Sister Die In Bauchi Auto Crash While Returning Home After Voting / Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less / New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.