Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,936 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:01 PM

Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy (35060 Views)

Oshodi Bus Terminal Decaying, Motorists, Passengers Lament / US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely / Snakes Invade Flooded Homes Of Villagers In Bayelsa As Residents Lament. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by pat1612(m): 9:29am On Nov 26, 2018
The only things that your interviewer is interested to know is
1.Are you financial capable to take care of your expenses throughout your stay in USA forget about part time jobs that you will do you need to have sufficient funds to cover you stay food clothing and all expenses. They check your bank statement how funds have come to your account is it one of or a steady flow. This help them to decide the fund is yours or u arrange it from somebody to show balance in your statment.
2. The interviewer want to make sure that you will come back to your country ones you have finished your schooling. The responsibility of proving it is on your shoulders as you need to have a rock solid reason to come back to country like your properties or your fathers business or your spouse back home. Also if you have any close relationship in USA and interviewer ask you about it like do u know anybody in USA?? Mind it that interviewer knows about it and its in your best interest to tell truth.
If you can manage to convince him on this two points your visa are most likely to be issued.

6 Likes

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by thebestprice(m): 9:29am On Nov 26, 2018
Greatpooss:
I blame our leaders for this. Should we have got a good government investing in education and job creation, there wouldn't have been cases of Nigerians travelling abroad in search of greener pastures and quality education .

In 2010, I applied for US student visa thrice but got denied and since then I no longer think about travelling abroad to study or search for greener pastures because I have realized that I can make my dreams come true in Nigeria though it's not easy but God is faithful.
from.today you became my best friend. ��

1 Like

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by bedspread: 9:31am On Nov 26, 2018
creamylicious:
Imagine me doing operation go to America 2019..... make I abort mission abeg.
grin grin grin
Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by jtjohn(m): 9:33am On Nov 26, 2018
sotall:
Apart from indiscriminate Visa Denials, the treatment of Nigerians at the embassy is nothing to write home about.
You are made to stand on queue right from when you get to the embassy till you are in front of a consular officer.

The number of checkpoints in that embassy is more than the road block on a typical Nigerian expressway.

They will ask you to remove your belt, wristwatches, smartphone,pen just whatever is on you apart from your clothings. This isn't different from the treatment you get when an arrested criminal is about being moved from a police station counter into a cell.
Then you meet the consular officer who simply happily dashes you the blue paper.

baba you just listed every thing that is done in that US embassy....with All this stuff I was still denied visa last year..

1 Like

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by creamylicious(f): 9:36am On Nov 26, 2018
bedspread:
grin grin grin
gerrarahia jare
Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 26, 2018
I WILL NEVER LEAVE AREWA, NAIJA 4EVER, what would benefit a patriot like me to abandoned my parents, friends , family & ancestors to be a second class citizens in another country.

most of you all will not come back, that's why they will never accept your visa application.

In fact I just feel down whenever am away from naija for too long.

1 Like

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by panpan(m): 9:36am On Nov 26, 2018
What is disheartening are the non-refundable fees that the applicants pay for a visa refusal.

It is obvious that the US embassy and consulates are being maintained by visa application fees. As long as the money keeps flowing in, they will continue this mode of operation. Who would reject a 'business' of making N57.6m each working day?

What can we do?

If a foreign entity snubs you, you may snub them back. Only apply for a US visa if it is very important to you and there is no other option. Boycott the US visa application if possible.

Consider the US visa application as a gamble; only pay the application fees with money that you can afford to lose (in other words, money that you do not need for anything else).

Non-governmental organizations (NGOs), agents and lawyers, who are involved in immigration issues may start a campaign against US visa applications. Let the general public be sensitized against wasting hard-earned money on a foreign entity, especially when there is no positive result.

6 Likes

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by juniorstar(m): 9:38am On Nov 26, 2018
Very informative write up...beh all this bullshit wont be happening if we have a strong economy..if our educational institutions are world class and not glorified secondary school where we are taught to cram obsolete facts.

1 Like

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by Gerrard59(m): 9:38am On Nov 26, 2018
thebestprice:
are the charms and juju and spells no more working.

grin grin

It tells you that juju doesn't work.

@Topic: I think it has more to do with the kind of schools students get admitted into rather than flimsy reasons or conspiracy theories against Nigerian students. Then again, getting a visa is a privilege not a right and it (visa) doesn't mean one is entitled to enter into the country.

Cc: Tensazengetsu20

2 Likes

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 26, 2018
SocialJustice:
The guy in the first story wasn't going there to school, we both know that. Most of these people get there and run away, that is the reason for picking USA.

grin

There is something I noticed when someone is about to lie, he will never see the flaw, but as you look & observe outside his perspective, the obvious flaws in his speech, story & paper work will be so glaring.

But that being said, d embassy should atleast refund 50% of money paid to rejected candidates

2 Likes

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by Toks2008(m): 9:49am On Nov 26, 2018
PlsBanMe:
Trump's policy: Take their money. Reject the visa applications.

If Nigeria is a better country, who will think of going to USA.

I call U.S visa application baba ijebu. Bet naija is even surer.

American government are just scamming Nigerians with this charrade and making billions month after month.

Countries with more integrity will verify and scrutinize your documents before rejecting you and most times with an option of appeal.

What a pity.

5 Likes

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 26, 2018
naijacentric:
Nawa oh see as dis guys are making money off us but why do nigerians find it hard to boycott tins i heard in rwanda US embassy has very low patronage because of all dis dey even prefer belgium lets use reverse psychology on dem to change this trump wicked policy besides other countries dey na only US dey okay ni
if only Nigeria can boycott them ...u will see how they will change their policy quickly.

Like eery other company that want to make money...they have target per month on applicants that they will gibe the visa to an those that won't get it.

In a week they can issue out visa for only 5 students

2 Likes

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by 2eggs1goal: 9:52am On Nov 26, 2018
Good for them, reject them all.
Build the country and they will be begging you to come.. sad
Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by SocialJustice: 9:57am On Nov 26, 2018
Jiang:

grin

There is something I noticed when someone is about to lie, he will never see the flaw, but as you look & observe outside his perspective, the obvious flaws in his speech, story & paper work will be so glaring.

But that being said, d embassy should atleast refund 50% of money paid to rejected candidates
Refund fire grin grin grin. As I dey here so I've been denied once, I'll only apply with tourist visa again with the full knowledge the slip can cut. I can not go and kill myself.

1 Like

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by Rolly22(m): 10:05am On Nov 26, 2018
SocialJustice:
Refund fire grin grin grin. As I dey here so I've been denied once, I'll only apply with tourist visa again with the full knowledge the slip can cut. I can not go and kill myself.

Lwkmd, E Don become bet 9ja oh, how odd E carry bro?
Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by ogundeleai(m): 10:05am On Nov 26, 2018
Outside Dangote group, I don't see any private coy that can withstand turnover being recorded by America embassy in Nigeria... And more importantly there's no consulate around the world that can boast of 'revenue' being generated by US Nigeria embassy

3 Likes

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by SocialJustice: 10:07am On Nov 26, 2018
Rolly22:

Lwkmd, E Don become bet 9ja oh, how odd E carry bro?
Odd no matter, 0.05 dey cut self.
Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by nijabazaar: 10:07am On Nov 26, 2018
49cents:
I feel no pity for them. All Nigerians know here is to calling each other afonja and biafra pigs.....fools. yall will persist like together like fools of you do not see that you are all in the same sinking ship

We must leave our differences and strive together and build our nation. Running out of Nigeria is not the way to build a nation.
If we don't start now one day there will no country to return to

We have all lost hope ...

When there's no hope, desperation runs amok.

Nigeria is the nearest thing to hell on earth. And despite all the promises wehave been hearing straight from the womb, that it will be better....Nigeria is never getting better. Only a tree will stand when the axe comes swinging....Nigeria is the Axe

2 Likes

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by martineverest(m): 10:09am On Nov 26, 2018
travelland:
Yes it seems visa is harder to get now. But let's look inwards, they were giving us visas when some of us decided to match to Canadian border for asylum, after this we will decide to violate conditions and still post details online.
u are the only one making sense on this thread
Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by Emmymarvel(m): 10:10am On Nov 26, 2018
martineverest:
the truth is most nugerian students hoping to study ok no USA aren't well prepared for the interviews....also, American Embassy now scrutinize Nigerians more than ever cos most Nigerians got ulterior motives..thus the refusal..this have affected the genuine students

American Embassy expect visa applicants to be smart, outspoken and intelligent in answering questions
wish I can physically see u to slap you
Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by martineverest(m): 10:11am On Nov 26, 2018
fuke:
Everybody de go do flying course to fly which plane.
It is a racket. One ramshacke air school in an obscure corner in USA.
E robi oyinbo ya were.
They have seen through everything.

If yo apply to a good school, you pay the fees and you show evidence
of being able to cope for duration of the course, you will get your visa one time,
well said

1 Like

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by Sike(m): 10:12am On Nov 26, 2018
IS IT THEIR FAULT?!
Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by AkhereOkaka(m): 10:12am On Nov 26, 2018
martineverest:
the truth is most nugerian students hoping to study ok no USA aren't well prepared for the interviews....also, American Embassy now scrutinize Nigerians more than ever cos most Nigerians got ulterior motives..thus the refusal..this have affected the genuine students

American Embassy expect visa applicants to be smart, outspoken and intelligent in answering questions

Oga have you been there or have you attempted the interview?
This is not done in western countries why only Nigeria, if applicant can't scale through why not refund 50% of the admnistrative charges.
Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by Cindy95(f): 10:14am On Nov 26, 2018
Then my sister is lucky, she left in 2016 at d age of 25, she was acceptedthe first time she applied... She didn't write any IELTS, she no even pay any school fees, no accommodation over der, she had less than $1000 in her account...
Yet she was granted visa to go there and run her masters in microbiology...
She got there and was favored, got married to a missisipi guy last year and she be got a baby boy this year.. She be gotten her resident permit and green card, hoping to be a certified citizen by 2021...
She is even running a second degree in nursing and additional master program in Chem.Enginerring...
I thought it was that easy cos she was favored but when I decided to run my own, the thing just dey hard me so tey I Don dey loose hope for United State...

12 Likes

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by stagger: 10:24am On Nov 26, 2018
What people are looking for in US is available elsewhere. I wonder why the rush to US.

2 Likes

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by CXLVII: 10:24am On Nov 26, 2018
naijacentric:
Nawa oh see as dis guys are making money off us but why do nigerians find it hard to boycott tins i heard in rwanda US embassy has very low patronage because of all dis dey even prefer belgium lets use reverse psychology on dem to change this trump wicked policy besides other countries dey na only US dey okay ni

You said it all.

A always smile when I find US embassies empty in some African countries

I just remember Walter Carrington

2 Likes

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by CXLVII: 10:26am On Nov 26, 2018
Cindy95:
Then my sister is lucky, she left in 2016 at d age of 25, she was acceptedthe first time she applied... She didn't write any IELTS, she no even pay any school fees, no accommodation over der, she had less than $1000 in her account...
Yet she was granted visa to go there and run her masters in microbiology...
She got there and was favored, got married to a missisipi guy last year and she be got a baby boy this year.. She be gotten her resident permit and green card, hoping to be a certified citizen by 2021...
She is even running a second degree in nursing and additional master program in Chem.Enginerring...
I thought it was that easy cos she was favored but when I decided to run my own, the thing just dey hard me so tey I Don dey loose hope for United State...

Who asked for a biography?
Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by agadam(m): 10:26am On Nov 26, 2018
Its high time we make our own Nigeria more like the USA
Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by Myhighdreams(f): 10:27am On Nov 26, 2018

1 Like

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by HardBishop(m): 10:27am On Nov 26, 2018
hmmm
Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by john650(m): 10:32am On Nov 26, 2018
But I have to say the people going to the US for six months aviation course, which plane do they plan to fly? Nigeria does not have that many aircrafts to fly, assuming they hope to fly small private airplanes. That by itself gives them away that they have no plans of coming back to Nigeria. VISA DENIED.

With that said, I feel the embassy should not be accepting N350,000 if they have no plans to grant a visa. I can understand a small administrative fee but not N350k.

5 Likes

Re: Visa-seeking Nigerian Students Lament Sad Experiences At US Embassy by abbeyty(m): 10:33am On Nov 26, 2018
Reading this kind of news makes me sad. Why all these Pastors and their Muslim counterpart can turn Nigeria around with their payers so that others will stop humiliating us in the name of visa. And all thanks to both the present and the past leaders of this country.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Traffic On Abuja-Keffi Expressway As Army Blocks Road To Stop Shiites (Photos) / Drone Pictures Of Onitsha Today Being Sunday (photos) / Study In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.