Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building (63774 Views)

Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Problem With Lagos Real Estate! / LAGOS HIGH-RISE COLLAPSE: My ‘7-star Hotel’ Story (ended In Tragedy), By Osibona / Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Uglymugg: 7:32am On Nov 27, 2018
fowlyansh181:
i don’t understand, is it Juju or termites are generally scared of a dead buried dog?

The question you should be asking sef is how do the termites know that a dead dog has been buried in the compound? Or why not an alive dog? Why does it has to be a dead dog?

Now that i typed it out, I'm guessing the smell of the dead dog could drive the queen away and that will in turn drive her workers away, as they must follow their queen

4 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by nymphomaniac(m): 7:32am On Nov 27, 2018
grin grin abeg leave me Jor
Uglymugg:

Lol' stop trolling and be serious for once. cheesy grin
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by ikbnice(m): 7:39am On Nov 27, 2018
stchinedu:

Pleas Bro, I am interested in the name. SOS
I tried to get the name of the plant but was simply told it's called TERMITE PLANT (ewe ikan in Yoruba) I went to the street to get a picture of it this morning.

cc emmanuelrabb

7 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 27, 2018
mayormick:
You are very much correct bro, if he likes make he dey run up and down dey look for termites killer. I had wanted to type dis b4 seeing ur reply and one other guy above, at least I know two people that had done same and it really worked. Some people will just come online and be spewing gibberish, they won't want to learn at all

It’s not that we don’t necessarily want to learn but that there are modern chemical and electronic solution to the issue.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by oyediranniyi: 7:44am On Nov 27, 2018
emmanuelrabb:
Good morning everyone

I live beside a river which only flows during raining season.

For like Four months now, I have been noticing the presence of termite in my compound and also having problems with termite feeding on the planks of my 3 year old building and I've been fumigating it every time since then. I kept on noticing the that they still feed on the planks. I've not been able to get their base in my compound despite serious searching. The worst happened yesterday when the whole ceiling of one of the rooms of the building came down. Thanks to God no one was there.

Please do anyone know what else I can do to get rid of termites completely from my compound.
tete7000:

He might have built on termite infested soil, in that case it won't be easy to find a colony to destroy.
My take, in addition to solutions given, get batteries, big torch batteries, used ones saves money, dig holes, pierce the batteries and bury them at strategic places around the compound, where u feel they have their trails to the ground most and you wet the spots.
It could be like 5 or 7 spots or more with no minimum number of batteries at the dug spot, it attacks from the source, intensify efforts at rate been threatened, in the long run , your soil will be free from them, this does not stop u from having emergency treatments.

Feed me back!

Thank me later!
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 27, 2018
Please try not to touch let alone use used engine oil on anything. It’s highly cancernogenic.

Same as in burying used batteries. Used batteries are to be specially recycled.

No wonder we have one of the shortest lifespan in the world.

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Sparkle777(f): 7:46am On Nov 27, 2018
I read thru all posts here and I must say am enthralled. I also have a case of termites in my house, posters own is child's play compared to mine. I have tried all sorts of chemicals, salts, concoctions etc. All to no avail. Honestly, am beginning to buy the idea of the dog thing. Termites wahala can cause sleepless nights.
My questions, can I get parts of dog meat or must it be the whole body? Can it be buried outside the compound, not sure I can stand it inside the compound. Is there any spiritual side effects, bf I use sledge hammer kill mosquito for body?
Somebody should fill me in,tnx.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by thomasyanky(m): 7:47am On Nov 27, 2018
there is one thing that termite perceive and run,it's DOG,, just find DOG and bury it within the house premises and u will never see them again
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 27, 2018
Sparkle777:
I read thru all posts here and I must say am enthralled. I also have a case of termites in my house, posters own is child's play compared to mine. I have tried all sorts of chemicals, salts, concoctions etc. All to no avail. Honestly, am beginning to buy the idea of the dog thing. Termites wahala can cause sleepless nights.
My questions, can I get parts of dog meat or must it be the whole body? Can it be buried outside the compound, not sure I can stand it inside the compound. Is there any spiritual side effects, bf I use sledge hammer kill mosquito for body?
Somebody should fill me in,tnx.

Have you consulted with a professional termite control outfit?
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by ikbnice(m): 7:50am On Nov 27, 2018
This was the impact of the termites on a local church built with wood before the plant was planted. The destruction stopped right after the plant was planted.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Mrlouis: 7:51am On Nov 27, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Seun, I implore you, employ me as one of your MODs. With you, I'll return Nairaland to its original state. The ones you have are getting weak and non-functional. Imagine one of your MODS banned me because I chastised her for being controversial. Please tell her to unban me. About the MOD stuff, think it through, okay? I swear I'll function hands down more than them. Uhn? Seun.

Love. Uyai. kiss cool

Nairaland mods take things personally.. its bad.. besides i feel accounts that have been banned for years should be unbanned..for instance, why ban someone till 2032?? Its an overkill, its ridiculous and its not fair.. do something
Cc Seun
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by makabia(m): 8:00am On Nov 27, 2018
Get any brand of chlopyrifos and fumigate with it.
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by tabithababy(f): 8:02am On Nov 27, 2018
Humblehybee:
i will go a little bit traditional,get a head or a Dog,and lot of palm oil,dig a hole and bury the dog head together with the palm oil.the termite will go for it and die there.

New moniker Are you a traditionalist
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Fayeloja007: 8:02am On Nov 27, 2018
dejonathan:
Bury dog somewhere in the compound... U no go see dem again(Na wetin my dad do wey work for am o)I be Yoruba guy o,and am sure e dey work

I was about to say this as well. We also did dis at my dad's compound.
Also, go to saw mill and ask for a chemical called Soligum, I may not get the spelling well but it is pronounced that way. The carpenters painted all the plank used in make our roof with this dirty oil look alike chemical. You will not see termites any where again.
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by darf(m): 8:11am On Nov 27, 2018
Termites are a nuisance as can be seen by this damage done. If there are several colonies it will take a while to eradicate but these are measures you can take:
First identify the termite specie... subterranean termite Spp or Drywood Termite. If it's the former you will see mudtubes on walls,wood from the soil, if the Drywood they basically stay and feed in the wood.
To "control" the Subterranean termite you may have to dig a trench with depth of 1ft around your building and pour termiticide, pls note that if termites are already in building and from foundation you may need an expert to help with termiticide injection. You can support this treatment with termite bait installed around your building.
For Drywood Termite since the infestation is quite extensive,replace all damaged wood with treated wood and treat all other wood with wood preservatives.
You can reach me on 07044405763 for more information.

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by noblebaba: 8:18am On Nov 27, 2018
Look for a dead dog bury it in your compound and you will do Thanksgiving later
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by cardoctor(m): 8:28am On Nov 27, 2018
dejonathan:
Bury dog somewhere in the compound... U no go see dem again(Na wetin my dad do wey work for am o)I be Yoruba guy o,and am sure e dey work

Bury a hyena in your compound. All ur neighbours having termite problems will thank you later.
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by AeroplaneApple: 8:33am On Nov 27, 2018
Johnjanrt:
Mai gida kana cikin wani yanayi. If you know you know
English??
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by headofcrown(m): 8:34am On Nov 27, 2018
emmanuelrabb:
Good morning everyone

For like Four months now, I have been noticing the presence of termite in my compound and also having problems with termite feeding on the planks of my 3 year old building and I've been fumigating it every time since then. I kept on noticing the that they still feed on the planks. I've not been able to get their base in my compound despite serious searching. The worst happened yesterday when the whole ceiling of one of the rooms of the building came down. Thanks to God no one was there.

Please do anyone know what else I can do to get rid of termites completely from my compound.
[img]
emmanuelrabb:
Good morning everyone

[/img]
emmanuelrabb:
Good morning everyone

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by spencekat(m): 8:37am On Nov 27, 2018
lawalosky:
ok why did you recommend dog, it wud have being better you said bury a dead animal/anyhow u may say it. What qualities dog pocess that made it dfnt from othr animals? I agree with urs but not buring dogs
Exactly.I was about asking what of burying a dead goat.Hmmm!
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by spencekat(m): 8:42am On Nov 27, 2018
Burying a dog in my compound.Hmm!.Does it have any spiritual implications?
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Egalitarian1: 8:44am On Nov 27, 2018
dejonathan:

Should it be buried alive?
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Egalitarian1: 8:46am On Nov 27, 2018
Sisqoman:
Buried a dog within your building premises and thank me later

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by jerrybabasam: 8:49am On Nov 27, 2018
You can get termite wipe off from your building by applying SOLIGNUM mix with KEROSENE / BLACK OIL . Just go to the building materials market and buy the SOLIGNUM and spray it to the entire Rafters .After spraying stay away from the building for 2 to 3 days for safety. Good luck!
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by tete7000(m): 8:50am On Nov 27, 2018
oyediranniyi:
My take, in addition to solutions given, get batteries, big torch batteries, used ones saves money, dig holes, pierce the batteries and bury them at strategic places around the compound, where u feel they have their trails to the ground most and you wet the spots.
It could be like 5 or 7 spots or more with no minimum number of batteries at the dug spot, it attacks from the source, intensify efforts at rate been threatened, in the long run , your soil will be free from them, this does not stop u from having emergency treatments.

Feed me back!

Thank me later!

This sounds interesting. Will keep this in my diary.
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by stchinedu: 9:01am On Nov 27, 2018
ikbnice:
I tried to get the name of the plant but was simply told it's called TERMITE PLANT (ewe ikan in Yoruba) I went to the street to get a picture of it this morning.

cc emmanuelrabb
Thanks bros. I appreciate cool
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by ikbnice(m): 9:21am On Nov 27, 2018
stchinedu:
Thanks bros. I appreciate cool
It's my pleasure bro
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by dejonathan(f): 9:54am On Nov 27, 2018
Egalitarian1:

Dead
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by biGwal(m): 10:04am On Nov 27, 2018
dejonathan:
You are right bro.....it works for us also.....
��
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by biGwal(m): 10:07am On Nov 27, 2018
Egalitarian1:

Dead...... It really works bro
It eliminates termites completely in our compound also oooooo. Just try it
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by chccho(m): 10:20am On Nov 27, 2018
dejonathan:

We have this same problem in our house and we were also told to bury a dog in the compound and that will be the end of the termites.. How true is this? Do u mean we bury a live dog? Sounds like a ritual to me but I have heard from reliable sources that it is 100% effective.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Inside Abeokuta Hill-top Estate Where The Super Rich Live / How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) / Aluminium Profile, Glass And Accessories For Doors And Windows And Glass House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.