Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building (63645 Views)

Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Problem With Lagos Real Estate! / LAGOS HIGH-RISE COLLAPSE: My ‘7-star Hotel’ Story (ended In Tragedy), By Osibona / Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by nnekaike(f): 11:00pm On Nov 26, 2018
dejonathan:
Bury dog somewhere in the compound... U no go see dem again(Na wetin my dad do wey work for am o)I be Yoruba guy o,and am sure e dey work
termites are disturbing me too, I was told of burying dog in the compound also,does it really work.
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by dejonathan(f): 11:01pm On Nov 26, 2018
nymphomaniac:
3 other people have confirmed what you have typed. I believe there is truth in it...

Except you are the owner of the 3 different accounts and I know you are not that jobless grin
Lol...Ion av multiple accounts, nd ion really comment always..I just read comments and I'll leave,but I just comment on this cos I knw I can help

5 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by lakesider(m): 11:02pm On Nov 26, 2018
We engineers usually take care of this during construction..
Lesson:he who pays cheap pays twice

1 Like

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by dejonathan(f): 11:04pm On Nov 26, 2018
nnekaike:
termites are disturbing me too, I was told of burying dog in the compound also,does it really work.
100%

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by fowlyansh181(m): 11:05pm On Nov 26, 2018
Sisqoman:
Buried a dog within your building premises and thank me later
i don’t understand, is it Juju or termites are generally scared of a dead buried dog?

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Orima55: 11:05pm On Nov 26, 2018
Apply condemn oil (oil from vehicles or motor cycle) to those wood.
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by okoroemeka(m): 11:06pm On Nov 26, 2018
emmanuelrabb:
Good morning everyone

I live beside a river which only flows during raining season.

For like Four months now, I have been noticing the presence of termite in my compound and also having problems with termite feeding on the planks of my 3 year old building and I've been fumigating it every time since then. I kept on noticing the that they still feed on the planks. I've not been able to get their base in my compound despite serious searching. The worst happened yesterday when the whole ceiling of one of the rooms of the building came down. Thanks to God no one was there.

Please do anyone know what else I can do to get rid of termites completely from my compound.
if someone that is brave enough to enter that ceiling and spray termicott everywhere,need to wear mask because of toxic smell
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by mikeweezy(m): 11:21pm On Nov 26, 2018
benzene00:
Op, there is something I need you to clarify

Do You really live here or your poultry farm animals?
all fingers are not equal life is step by step

1 Like

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by ojuu4u(m): 11:23pm On Nov 26, 2018
lawalosky:
See trashes many are spewing here, op and buy ant-termite spray and tank me later
;
;
;
i was disturbed whn i read the part "bury a dog"
;
what sort of insanity is dis
you are the one that is not okay. Mr know all, have you tried it? If not why condemned the BEST solution? People like you make it difficult to seek solutions to one problems online ........spray anti termites..... what about the one that are deep inside the ground? Besides, before he posted it online he would ve tried all sorts of chemicals without solution. Try to accommodate other opinions(listening ear),no matter how foolishly it may sound provided you want to be a good leader in future.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by mountmoriah(m): 11:24pm On Nov 26, 2018
SkinnyNigga:
buy sorognom,..dont know if I got the name right.. that's what I used In my house when termite attacked my two wooden doors
solignum
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by mountmoriah(m): 11:27pm On Nov 26, 2018
dainfern:
Endtime termites. The best solution to your problem is to set your house on fire. Thank me later.
you are wicked ooo, person sweat

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by chocboi78(m): 11:29pm On Nov 26, 2018
fk001:

There are implications in killing or destroying a whole termites colony.

I am a first hand witness.

Op just fumigate or better use strong and treated wood. Do not destroy anything thanks..

we would appreciate if u tell us the implications. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by ladychioma: 11:30pm On Nov 26, 2018
Use original solignum to treat the woods.
Fumigate the whole house and ceiling with termex chemical.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by downwater: 11:32pm On Nov 26, 2018
Go and bury dead dog on you plot of land all of them will die and you will never see any of them for life.

For like Four months now, I have been noticing the presence of termite in my compound and also having problems with termite feeding on the planks of my 3 year old building and I've been fumigating it every time since then. I kept on noticing the that they still feed on the planks. I've not been able to get their base in my compound despite serious searching. The worst happened yesterday when the whole ceiling of one of the rooms of the building came down. Thanks to God no one was there.

Please do anyone know what else I can do to get rid of termites completely from my compound.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by ikorodureporta: 11:39pm On Nov 26, 2018
The funniness don pass seriousness cheesy cheesy
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by BABANGBALI: 11:40pm On Nov 26, 2018
Mix sugar and honey together and spray it on the woods. Thank me later
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by footprint17(m): 11:40pm On Nov 26, 2018
emmanuelrabb:
Good morning everyone

Please do anyone know what else I can do to get rid of termites completely from my compound.
The first thing to do is to take off the roof for safety purpose.
Secondly i will advice if there is enough funds use steel roof members
Thirdly fumigate before going back in .
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by BABANGBALI: 11:41pm On Nov 26, 2018
fk001:

There are implications in killing or destroying a whole termites colony.

I am a first hand witness.

Op just fumigate or better use strong and treated wood. Do not destroy anything thanks..

liar

1 Like

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by BABANGBALI: 11:44pm On Nov 26, 2018
Seun:
Suggestions:
- You may need to reconstruct the roof using thoroughly treated wood. As long as their food is available, they will continue to come to eat it.
- You may need to find their nest and destroy it. It may be that you've been killing just the workers, and the queen just keeps producing more.
so you too dey come here dey follow us play? tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Yuceeluv(f): 11:52pm On Nov 26, 2018
So your papa na BABA!

dejonathan:
Bury dog somewhere in the compound... U no go see dem again(Na wetin my dad do wey work for am o)I be Yoruba guy o,and am sure e dey work

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by olushowunm(m): 12:00am On Nov 27, 2018
Swegzfreak:
lipsrsealed
Oga , this is not a good wood. Go and find Ori dudu wood. its clear u gave lagos carpenters. No termite will move near that wood.
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by olushowunm(m): 12:01am On Nov 27, 2018
emmanuelrabb:
Good morning everyone

Oga , this is not a good wood. Go and find Ori dudu wood. its clear u gave lagos carpenters. No termite will move near that wood.
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by prince088: 12:21am On Nov 27, 2018
dejonathan:

Dog bones work too. Lol

It seems unrealistic but it works....

I nor know how

1 Like

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Burchester: 12:21am On Nov 27, 2018
mufutau55:
Go get Solignum and mix with used engine oil and probably add some Rocket to it....
(See pictures in my two posts below.)

Hajji M.

Splendid
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Humblehybee: 12:27am On Nov 27, 2018
emmanuelrabb:
Good morning everyone

i will go a little bit traditional,get a head or a Dog,and lot of palm oil,dig a hole and bury the dog head together with the palm oil.the termite will go for it and die there.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Krak(m): 1:24am On Nov 27, 2018
ikbnice:
as odd as it may sound, there is a particular plant someone recommended we plant where I stayed before. Being a chronic critics, I laughed at the idea until the landlord went ahead and get it planted. And that brought an end to their misdemeanor. I will try and get the name of the plant.

I have experienced this too. The plant chases them completely from the whole area and they never come back again.

The plant looks like lemon grass, but I know it is not lemon grass.

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by OlujobaSamuel: 1:43am On Nov 27, 2018
op, a dead dog as earlier told should work.
our house is decked, yet this peeps no dey let us rest by always finding a way to dig out the red sand used to sandfill, we even had to pull down a part of the building, excavate the flooring and apply chemical specially for termite(forgotten the name), but e no work for them, we once used engine oil, salt, etc, till someone told us to use dog.
We contracted a dude for our area to buy a 2 puppies and bury it in the compound, na so we no hear about them again after about 17years of tormenting us.

9 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by trapQ: 1:46am On Nov 27, 2018
Jesus Christ
Lionhearted:

Dog head you mean. He will have to bury it In their base still.

But you forget to mention the side effect? The first son of the house's corpse will be brought to that house.
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by trapQ: 1:48am On Nov 27, 2018
Na wa o
OlujobaSamuel:
op, a dead dog as earlier told should work.
our house is decked, yet this peeps no dey let us rest by always finding a way to dig out the red sand used to sandfill, we even had to pull down a part of the building, excavate the flooring and apply chemical specially for termite(forgotten the name), but e no work for them, we once used engine oil, salt, etc, till someone told us to use dog.
We contracted a dude for our area to buy a 2 puppies and bury it in the compound, na so we no hear about them again after about 17years of tormenting us.
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by trapQ: 1:55am On Nov 27, 2018
I understand you though. Burying a dog is spiritual sacrifice and has its own consequences which most people won't be aware of.
Lionhearted:

okay sir.
wouldn't drag words with u.

you obviously don't understand.

op pls don't go the dog route.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Mikkylounge: 1:56am On Nov 27, 2018
interesting hearing of dogs driving away termites..op, you have a termite problem. they attack most species of wood,though some take them more time to eat through than others so don't pay attention to those asking you to re-roof your house. The only time you need to take off the roofing is if they have damaged the trusses. You can apply the treatment to the trusses without taking your roof off.
You could consider rebuilding the ceiling of any room that has been compromised, for your safety, and use treated wood this time!
Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by trapQ: 1:56am On Nov 27, 2018
Wow!!!
heed101:
Corpse of dog actually work. Termite hates the fur of dogs. I witnessed it. I would have argued it too but the experience was wow. The whole street was protected from termites.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) / Inside Abeokuta Hill-top Estate Where The Super Rich Live / Aluminium Profile, Glass And Accessories For Doors And Windows And Glass House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.