Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building (63790 Views)

Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Problem With Lagos Real Estate! / LAGOS HIGH-RISE COLLAPSE: My ‘7-star Hotel’ Story (ended In Tragedy), By Osibona / Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by trapQ: 1:57am On Nov 27, 2018
grin
dainfern:
Endtime termites. The best solution to your problem is to set your house on fire. Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by odimbannamdi(m): 2:00am On Nov 27, 2018
Sisqoman:
Buried a dog within your building premises and thank me later

Someone else on this thread has suggested this. does this really work?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by 999Kobo(m): 2:00am On Nov 27, 2018
Cheap woods
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by trapQ: 2:00am On Nov 27, 2018
My dear I learnt too. We really learn everyday.
nymphomaniac:
I have learnt something today again...so fur of dogs drive termites away. Na wa oh.

I believe sha cos thats how I doubted that washing my eye with my morning pee would cure my conjunctivitis till it actually did.

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by stchinedu: 3:01am On Nov 27, 2018
ikbnice:
as odd as it may sound, there is a particular plant someone recommended we plant where I stayed before. Being a chronic critics, I laughed at the idea until the landlord went ahead and get it planted. And that brought an end to their misdemeanor. I will try and get the name of the plant.
Pleas Bro, I am interested in the name. SOS

1 Like

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by sermming: 3:35am On Nov 27, 2018
My advice if you will take it.Reconstruct and after its all done,buy a dog and kill it find a place to put it the roof you will never hear from them again for life.You will have to bear the smell for sometime oooooh cause termites hates dogs smell.
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Nobody: 3:45am On Nov 27, 2018
emmanuelrabb:
Good morning everyone

I live beside a river which only flows during raining season.

For like Four months now, I have been noticing the presence of termite in my compound and also having problems with termite feeding on the planks of my 3 year old building and I've been fumigating it every time since then. I kept on noticing the that they still feed on the planks. I've not been able to get their base in my compound despite serious searching. The worst happened yesterday when the whole ceiling of one of the rooms of the building came down. Thanks to God no one was there.

Please do anyone know what else I can do to get rid of termites completely from my compound.
OIL PAINT
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Taiwo20(m): 3:53am On Nov 27, 2018
dejonathan:
Bury dog somewhere in the compound... U no go see dem again(Na wetin my dad do wey work for am o)I be Yoruba guy o,and am sure e dey work

According to the elders, this is test and trusted.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by economia1: 4:11am On Nov 27, 2018
mollode:
Get a pesticide called Hercules and follow the instruction.
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by nickxtra(m): 4:18am On Nov 27, 2018
emmanuelrabb:
Good morning everyone

For like Four months now, I have been noticing the presence of termite in my compound and also having problems with termite feeding on the planks of my 3 year old building and I've been fumigating it every time since then. I kept on noticing the that they still feed on the planks. I've not been able to get their base in my compound despite serious searching. The worst happened yesterday when the whole ceiling of one of the rooms of the building came down. Thanks to God no one was there.

Please do anyone know what else I can do to get rid of termites completely from my compound.
I have same problem too. Termites come out from the wall of my building. What do I do?

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by NotComplaining: 4:51am On Nov 27, 2018
lawalosky:
See trashes many are spewing here, op and buy ant-termite spray and tank me later
;
;
;
i was disturbed whn i read the part "bury a dog"
;
what sort of insanity is dis

This s not superstition, it actually works. The basic science behind it is that termites enjoy the taste of dead flesh more than wood. When they detect its odor they are distracted from eating the wood for a couple of months. The bigger the animal, the longer the respite.

Sometimes you might be lucky and they might find another source of wood after devouring the meat, possibly your neighbour wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by ikbnice(m): 5:24am On Nov 27, 2018
Krak:

I have experienced this too. The plant chases them completely from the whole area and they never come back again.

The plant looks like lemon grass, but I know it is not lemon grass.
exactly... It looks like lemon grass but has thinner and longer leaves.
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by smasher1(m): 5:51am On Nov 27, 2018
emmanuelrabb:
Good morning everyone

Get condemned oil, bad oil from Auto mechanic and pour it on the floor of the house where they use to climb up from the floor to the top of the house.
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by treads(m): 6:00am On Nov 27, 2018
buy termifos or cyperdiforce or tercom,wormiforce...buy 2pack of wormiforce and dig a hole round the house like 1feet distance to each other,best done in raining reason. (2ndly) buy one of the above mention and mixed with DDforce/sniper/nopest and spray thoroughly
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by mayormick(m): 6:11am On Nov 27, 2018
Sisqoman:
Buried a dog within your building premises and thank me later
You are very much correct bro, if he likes make he dey run up and down dey look for termites killer. I had wanted to type dis b4 seeing ur reply and one other guy above, at least I know two people that had done same and it really worked. Some people will just come online and be spewing gibberish, they won't want to learn at all
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by mayormick(m): 6:13am On Nov 27, 2018
odimbannamdi:

Walai, it works bro
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by mayormick(m): 6:15am On Nov 27, 2018
dejonathan:
Bury dog somewhere in the compound... U no go see dem again(Na wetin my dad do wey work for am o)I be Yoruba guy o,and am sure e dey work
Confirm bro, u are right

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by mctfopt: 6:21am On Nov 27, 2018
Now I know why Nigeria will take donkey years to get better!
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by fixedhollies(m): 6:46am On Nov 27, 2018
Next time u are roofing, consider coconut tree... may be also treated. They are harder....

1 Like

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by sexylado(m): 6:47am On Nov 27, 2018
emmanuelrabb:
Good morning everyone

I'm also encounter this same problem but all advice is I should look for dog� and buried on the land you can also try it
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 27, 2018
emmanuelrabb:
Good morning everyone

The only way to get terminte out of that compound is Fence your compound then put concrete on the floor of your compound. Trust me when u do this, their movement to your house will be very restricted. My friend once rented a house like that, Termite was a big issue after the landlord did that then they did thorough fumigation, they all left and never to bother them again.
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Ladiks: 6:48am On Nov 27, 2018
Spray with caustic soda
It works well
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by murphybo(m): 6:54am On Nov 27, 2018
emmanuelrabb:
Good morning everyone

Buy a dog and pour palm oil on it bury it somewhere around your building you no go ever see them again. It works wella

1 Like

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 27, 2018
lawalosky:
See trashes many are spewing here, op and buy ant-termite spray and tank me later
;
;
;
i was disturbed whn i read the part "bury a dog"
;
what sort of insanity is dis
I think this guys didn't do full explanation... Termites also feed on dead bodies, when a body is buried in the compound (any type of dead body), the termites will leave his roof and go to feed this dead body instead... Termites are responsible for fast decomposition of bodies, that's why u find them much in burial ground especially burial grounds that are close to trees.

7 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by tete7000(m): 7:03am On Nov 27, 2018
Seun:
Suggestions:
- You may need to reconstruct the roof using thoroughly treated wood. As long as their food is available, they will continue to come to eat it.
- You may need to find their nest and destroy it. It may be that you've been killing just the workers, and the queen just keeps producing more.

He might have built on termite infested soil, in that case it won't be easy to find a colony to destroy.
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by downwater: 7:06am On Nov 27, 2018
Na true talk oo he no go witness termites again.
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by sampopey(m): 7:16am On Nov 27, 2018
odimbannamdi:

Yap, all the time. Just find a died dog and bury inside your compound.
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Habeyy(m): 7:19am On Nov 27, 2018
dejonathan:
thumbs up
I've heard of it before

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by kayo80(m): 7:22am On Nov 27, 2018
fk001:

There are implications in killing or destroying a whole termites colony.

I am a first hand witness.

Op just fumigate or better use strong and treated wood. Do not destroy anything thanks..

What are the complications of destroying a whole termite colony? Enlighten us.
Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by lawalosky(m): 7:23am On Nov 27, 2018
thegentleman:
I think this guys didn't do full explanation... Termites also feed on dead bodies, when a body is buried in the compound (any type of dead body), the termites will leave his roof and go to feed this dead body instead... Termites are responsible for fast decomposition of bodies, that's why u find them much in burial ground especially burial grounds that are close to trees.
ok why did you recommend dog, it wud have being better you said bury a dead animal/anyhow u may say it. What qualities dog pocess that made it dfnt from othr animals? I agree with urs but not buring dogs

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building by Uglymugg: 7:28am On Nov 27, 2018
nymphomaniac:
I have learnt something today again...so fur of dogs drive termites away. Na wa oh.

I believe sha cos thats how I doubted that washing my eye with my morning pee would cure my conjunctivitis till it actually did.

Lol' stop trolling and be serious for once. cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Inside Abeokuta Hill-top Estate Where The Super Rich Live / How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) / Aluminium Profile, Glass And Accessories For Doors And Windows And Glass House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.